Skip to content

Kizer or Hogan

The Browns Board
73 25 2.5k
  • Hogan was not playing against second teamers. The Bengals wanted that shutout. The wanted it badly and who saved the day? 

    @poeticg said:

    Hogan was not playing against second teamers. The Bengals wanted that shutout. The wanted it badly and who saved the day? 

    Your poem about Hogan should be about how he saved the day against the mighty Bengals of Cincinnati.

    I came up with a Hogan poem PoG. I'm not very good at poetry, but I hope you like it anyways. I worked on it for a while.

    Roses are red

    Violets are blue

    Kevin Hogan gives me a massive erection

    What says you, Hue?

  • I'll be honest with you, it's not very good.

  • Kizer is a 3 year project. So unless we want to play him and potentially suck for 3 years, we should see what hogan has.

  • Manziel? Richardson? What the literal Shmuck are you talking about? 

    The Browns MUST win this game at all costs today. The loser of this game is done for the year. So forgive me for wanting to see the QB that gives us the best chance to win. 

    I'm not willing to take L's for the fun of it.

    @poeticg said:

    Manziel? Richardson? What the literal Shmuck are you talking about? 

    The Browns MUST win this game at all costs today. The loser of this game is done for the year. So forgive me for wanting to see the QB that gives us the best chance to win. 

    I'm not willing to take L's for the fun of it.

    We just did- it was NOT fun. I'm taking odds on the Browns having the #1 overall again. I saw horrendous play, in all phases of the game. I really think winless at the bye- Hue is done. Suckin' for Sam. 

  • I'll be honest with you, it's not very good.

    @poeticg said:

    I'll be honest with you, it's not very good.

    How about a limerick?

    There once was a man from Stanford

    Superior than the guy from Notre Dame that was a turd

    But Hue wouldn't put him in

    Oh! What a sin!

    So I complained all day on a message board

  • We were once a great team, 

    but we don't win anymore, 

    summer was a dream,

    we are no wins in four.

    They cut our best players,

    say they were long in the tooth, 

    it's a scapegoat, naysayers-

    so they can blame it on youth.

    Hue say's "We need to play better"

    but the dude's just a douche,

    Kevin Hogan's the answer, 

    quit hiding the truth.

    Hue Jackson's a jackass,

    jacking off in the booth,

    if he keeps playing Kizer-

    and suppressing the Truth.

  • "Get all our skill players involved".

    LOL! We have skill players? 😆

  • "Get all our skill players involved".

    LOL! We have skill players? 😆

    @marc1971 said:

    "Get all our skill players involved".

    LOL! We have skill players? 😆

    We have Kenny "The POS" Britt. 

  • I think that Peppers could contribute more on the Offensive side of the ball than what he is giving to Special Teams.

    He clearly fair caught one I thought should have been allowed to go into the endzone. He's done average on kick returns and been just okay on Punt Returns. 

    I think that Duke Johnson is a playmaker. 

    QB is a skill position and I believe Hogan is a playmaker.

    I think that all of our WRs have a shot at being good if they are given the opportunity. They are not getting a chance that chance with Kizer. A Quarterback needs to be like a point guard on the basketball court. They dish the rock and make assists happen. You would guys agree that some Point Guards are better at getting the ball out to the playmakers better than others? Why is football so different. 

  • "Get all our skill players involved".

    LOL! We have skill players? 😆

    @marc1971 said:

    "Get all our skill players involved".

    LOL! We have skill players? 😆

    What ticket takers and the guy's selling hot dogs aren't skilled players in Cleveland?  😕

  • PoG, I see under interests you like to write poems.

    Can you write a nice poem about Hogan? I think this board would enjoy it.

    @dutch-oven said:

    PoG, I see under interests you like to write poems. Can you write a nice poem about Hogan? I think this board would enjoy it.

    An ode to Hoge?

  • Have to admit Hogan looked really good against the Bengals' 2nd teamers... /s

  • Have to admit Hogan looked really good against the Bengals' 2nd teamers... /s

    @tour2ma said:

    Have to admit Hogan looked really good against the Bengals' 2nd teamers... /s

    Kevin "Garbage Time" Hogan?

  • The only time that he's been allowed on the field... and every single time he's been given the opportunity all he does is win. That's all Hogan has ever done is win. I get that you wouldn't get that, after all - what do we know about winning, we're Browns Fans?

    We play for high draft picks in Cleveland.

  • The only time that he's been allowed on the field... and every single time he's been given the opportunity all he does is win. That's all Hogan has ever done is win. I get that you wouldn't get that, after all - what do we know about winning, we're Browns Fans?

    We play for high draft picks in Cleveland.

    @poeticg said:

    That's all Hogan has ever done is win.

    PoG, I like Hogan, but you've gone full Tebow Skip Bayless on the "All he does is win", hahaha

  • At this point, I'm all for Hogan coming in and starting the next four games or so. Let Kizer catch his breath and learn some things from the time he's had so far.

    I wouldn't be shocked if Hogan played better than Kizer. He has more NFL experience than Kizer does, and had more college experience too.

    Doesn't change that I don't see Hogan being much more than Kessler 2.0.

  • agreed....id like to see Hogan, not because I think he's the answer. but because Kizer has been so bad.......we need a boost and Kizer aint gonna pick this team up and get a win.....no way no how....Hogan just might.....

  • Another favor to Hogan is, he is the only QB the FO itself has brought in without Hue Jackson's "approval". Hue's QB choices have looked lackluster so far(RGIII,Kizer,Kessler).

    Browns fans love the dialectical illusion of Hue Jackson and the "good ole boy" network. That rarely works. Ask LSU. The sabremetrics guys did not hire Hue Jackson in here. They were squashed together by Jimmy 18 months ago. They have given Hue his choice of QB's while they purged and are redrafting the roster. Hue and his chosen QB's are not getting the job done in progression. Nobody is asking for 9-10 wins. Just progression. I would not be surprised if the Brock starting preseason games wasn't a FO move only for them to be impressed by Hogan's development and so they dumped him and let Hue tie his own rope with Kizer. I think Hogan can become a wonderful backup QB in this league. Kizer right now, is not even that.

    Marvin Lewis telling Jackson "don't let them quit on you" is damning bad for Jackson's future. The coaching community doesn't believe in him.

  • Another favor to Hogan is, he is the only QB the FO itself has brought in without Hue Jackson's "approval". Hue's QB choices have looked lackluster so far(RGIII,Kizer,Kessler).

    Browns fans love the dialectical illusion of Hue Jackson and the "good ole boy" network. That rarely works. Ask LSU. The sabremetrics guys did not hire Hue Jackson in here. They were squashed together by Jimmy 18 months ago. They have given Hue his choice of QB's while they purged and are redrafting the roster. Hue and his chosen QB's are not getting the job done in progression. Nobody is asking for 9-10 wins. Just progression. I would not be surprised if the Brock starting preseason games wasn't a FO move only for them to be impressed by Hogan's development and so they dumped him and let Hue tie his own rope with Kizer. I think Hogan can become a wonderful backup QB in this league. Kizer right now, is not even that.

    Marvin Lewis telling Jackson "don't let them quit on you" is damning bad for Jackson's future. The coaching community doesn't believe in him.

    @hempman said:

    Another favor to Hogan is, he is the only QB the FO itself has brought in without Hue Jackson's "approval". Hue's QB choices have looked lackluster so far(RGIII,Kizer,Kessler).

    Browns fans love the dialectical illusion of Hue Jackson and the "good ole boy" network. That rarely works. Ask LSU. The sabremetrics guys did not hire Hue Jackson in here. They were squashed together by Jimmy 18 months ago. They have given Hue his choice of QB's while they purged and are redrafting the roster. Hue and his chosen QB's are not getting the job done in progression. Nobody is asking for 9-10 wins. Just progression. I would not be surprised if the Brock starting preseason games wasn't a FO move only for them to be impressed by Hogan's development and so they dumped him and let Hue tie his own rope with Kizer. I think Hogan can become a wonderful backup QB in this league. Kizer right now, is not even that.

    Marvin Lewis telling Jackson "don't let them quit on you" is damning bad for Jackson's future. The coaching community doesn't believe in him.

    cowpoop hue has no say in the draft if any of them had a clue at all they would have drafted wentz or trub

  • Hue absolutely has a say. His say on QB has been the deciding answer except for Hogan. Joel Berry likely has the highest say on the draft inside the FO outside QB. Wentz does not impress me. His pure throwing talent is weak. That is why Hue passed. Trub was supported inside by some of the Browns FO, which means a lot, but has not played yet and that probably is not a good sign this year for him. The way Hue gushes over Kizer and the lie it is sickens me.

    Hue has made his own bed. He has made his own way. He was a bad hire from the start and I said so 18 months ago.