Skip to content

☆ 2017 ALDS ☆ New York Yankees vs CLEVELAND INDIANS ☆

The Tribe Board
137 21 5.1k
  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by

    Even if they win, klubers destroyed our bullpen for the next series. Between klubets two bad outings and bauers bed shitting last game, our bullpens stretched. If the indians make it to the astros series the starters have to essentially last the whole game

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    Nice choke job tribe.. See ya next year.. assholes!

  • stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by

    And the final pitch of the game is a ball called a strike.

    we had a great reg season, but christ, our players need to learn how to close.

  • hx214H hx214 wrote on last edited by

    My brother texts me from his job training out of town where he can't watch any of the games. Asks me to keep him posted.

    He asks me what the hell happened. I said,  "it's pretty uncanny. Almost every single player from game three on had either the worst series of their career or a serious mistake that cost a game.  I don't think it could ever happen to any team ever again (like the streak) 

    cy young winner chokes twice, two best players go 4- for the series, DH goes down game two, 7 errors in two games. Miller gives up game winning homerun.  No way to rationalize it.

  • My brother texts me from his job training out of town where he can't watch any of the games. Asks me to keep him posted.

    He asks me what the hell happened. I said,  "it's pretty uncanny. Almost every single player from game three on had either the worst series of their career or a serious mistake that cost a game.  I don't think it could ever happen to any team ever again (like the streak) 

    cy young winner chokes twice, two best players go 4- for the series, DH goes down game two, 7 errors in two games. Miller gives up game winning homerun.  No way to rationalize it.

    stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by

    @hx214 said:

    My brother texts me from his job training out of town where he can't watch any of the games. Asks me to keep him posted.

    He asks me what the hell happened. I said,  "it's pretty uncanny. Almost every single player from game three on had either the worst series of their career or a serious mistake that cost a game.  I don't think it could ever happen to any team ever again (like the streak) 

    cy young winner chokes twice, two best players go 4- for the series, DH goes down game two, 7 errors in two games. Miller gives up game winning homerun.  No way to rationalize it.

    The errors were little league status. 7 errors in two games. Everyone Napoli'd at the end of the series. IM TALKING TO YOU LINDOR!

  • @hx214 said:

    My brother texts me from his job training out of town where he can't watch any of the games. Asks me to keep him posted.

    He asks me what the hell happened. I said,  "it's pretty uncanny. Almost every single player from game three on had either the worst series of their career or a serious mistake that cost a game.  I don't think it could ever happen to any team ever again (like the streak) 

    cy young winner chokes twice, two best players go 4- for the series, DH goes down game two, 7 errors in two games. Miller gives up game winning homerun.  No way to rationalize it.

    The errors were little league status. 7 errors in two games. Everyone Napoli'd at the end of the series. IM TALKING TO YOU LINDOR!

    hx214H hx214 wrote on last edited by

    @stillmotion said:

    The errors were little league status. 7 errors in two games. Everyone Napoli'd at the end of the series. IM TALKING TO YOU LINDOR!

    The other thing that really pisses me off is when CC pitched for the tribe in the playoffs he was a 20 pound pile of Sheet in a 10 pound bag, and he gives them 11 solid innings looking like he eats 7 cheeseburgers before the game starts. Thanks. 

    When Lindor's contract runs out and the Yankees buy him he'll have the greatest post season stats ever.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    Well it's 3 am and far enough from the very untimely end to what was a fantastic 102 win season and that incredible 22 game win streak which may never be broken in any of our lifetimes.

    Secretly I was worried that this team peaked too early and didn't have that magic left to kick it in gear when necessary, game 2 was the only real magical moment but it did not carryover to NY, NY and it slipped away.

    Or did the 100 win season curse just kick in and doom the miracle 2017 Cleveland Indians, well I DO NOT believe in curses only cause and effect, the still great Indians pitching staff lost 3 games which is deadly in these 5 game series it should be best of 7 but oh well they're done.

    So congratulations 2017 Indians hope you do well in 2018......so now we're stuck with the pretty good Cavaliers and 11 weeks of the hapless Browns, yikes!

    My sports TV watching just hit a major speed bump, well GO BUCKEYES and YSU!

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by

    Still a very good season for the Tribe, momentum is big in the MLB postseason.

    Bring on the Astros...

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73

    2 straight seasons..ka-ka-hoe-nise!! You got to Step On Their Necks when you have a team down. 2 teams were 27 outs away from taking their game hearts & they took yours..They know it, but how will they respond to it (again)..Great Season Tribe!!....but FINISH off your demons. It's now stuck in your heads again..Find a new Way..

  • D domcucch1994 wrote on last edited by

    What a series!


    It's a shame it ended for the tribe like this. I thought once they were up 2-0. my Yanks were finished..

    Bird, CC, and Gregorius saved our season this series. Coming up big when it mattered,

    Can't forget the bullpen too... Drob, Chapman, and Khanle were lights out.

    Idk if we can take Houston but many experts said we wouldn't win 80 games so.. Bring it on Houston!

    Go Yankees! Hats off to the Indians for a crazy series. I'm sure we will meet again next postseason.

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    Shmuck the yankees.. I hate those assholes...

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    I think I am almost as stunned as the players...

    But the loss saved me a bunch of money as I was ready to get tix to all three games in HOU since I was going down for the Browns anyways...

    Wait'll next year... one more... next year...

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    Lost in the amazing last two months of the season was the fact that for the first four months the Indians were a fairly average squad that somehow was hanging onto first place in a division that should have never been in doubt from the get-go.

    This series was a the first 2/3rds of the season in a nutshell. The good news is almost everyone will be back next season, and I don't see how the Twins magically overcome their poor pitching staff in one offseason.

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by

    TRIBE...Thanks for a great season! Great baseball, a beautiful Stadium, relaxed Players playing for the love of the game, 22 straight wins, the decorative baseballs, nicknames on jerseys, & the best Manager I have ever seen in Cleveland.

    We, as baseball Fans, are BLESSED with our beloved Tribe...Win or lose. Looking forward to another exciting season in 2018.

    Mike

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    That was brutal. 

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    they must have had some kind of nasty pictures of kluber

  • hx214H hx214 wrote on last edited by hx214

    I swear to god if I hear another announcer say, "Because the Yankees are ahead of schedule in their rebuild..." how the hell can you call anything the Yankees do a rebuild when they have the 2nd highest payroll in major league sports??

  • @the-gipper said:

    No clue. I am not going to try to read your mind. 

    Or make simple contextual deductions apparently. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @wargograw said:

    Or make simple contextual deductions apparently. 

    If you want to be coy...go to a bar and try to pick up chicks.....or dudes, whatever your pleasure.  Here, men say what they have to say and we don't suffer fools who beat around the bush.

  • I swear to god if I hear another announcer say, "Because the Yankees are ahead of schedule in their rebuild..." how the hell can you call anything the Yankees do a rebuild when they have the 2nd highest payroll in major league sports??

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @hx214 said:

    I swear to god if I hear another announcer say, "Because the Yankees are ahead of schedule in their rebuild..." how the hell can you call anything the Yankees do a rebuild when they have the 2nd highest payroll in major league sports??

    Or "the Yankee$ way" since the beginning of time? I alway love the question :

    Why did the yank$ win the AL every year from 1947-1964 but three?

    A. Better loving, caring fans

    B. MO' MONEY! 😆

  • @wargograw said:

    Or make simple contextual deductions apparently. 

    If you want to be coy...go to a bar and try to pick up chicks.....or dudes, whatever your pleasure.  Here, men say what they have to say and we don't suffer fools who beat around the bush.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    If you want to be coy...go to a bar and try to pick up chicks.....or dudes, whatever your pleasure.  Here, men say what they have to say and we don't suffer fools who beat around the bush.

    The guy asking me a really dumb question calling me a fool. That's rich.