Skip to content
The Browns Board
Theme
  • System
  • Light
  • Dark
  • Login
  • Register
  • Forums
  • Recent
  • Popular
  • Users
  • Donate
  1. Home
  2. The Browns Board
  3. If you hate the Cleveland Browns rebuild, ignore this: Podcast

If you hate the Cleveland Browns rebuild, ignore this: Podcast

Scheduled Pinned Locked Moved The Browns Board
86 Posts 23 Posters 2.1k Views
  • Oldest to Newest
  • Newest to Oldest
  • Most Votes
Reply
  • Reply as topic
Log in to reply
This topic has been deleted. Only users with topic management privileges can see it.
  • Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
    • 30k Posts
    • 6k Reputation
    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma
    #1

    If you hate the Cleveland Browns rebuild, ignore this: Podcast

    Posted on October 6, 2017 at 9:30 AM

    CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Hate the Browns plan? Despise losing now in the name of getting better later? 

    Then this podcast will make you want to destroy your audio device.

    On this Takes By The Lake, Jordan Zirm of ESPN Cleveland (among other media outlets) joins me to praise and analyze the Browns teardown and the Sashi Brown process without any outside interference.

    If you hate the plan, maybe we can change your mind or at least make a few points to make you think about it a different way. Or, you may just want to punch me.

    If you do like the plan, or are at least willing to tolerate it, then this is the podcast for you.

    Article: http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/10/if_you_hate_the_cleveland_brow.html

    Podcast link appears at bottom of article.

    "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
    1 Reply Last reply
    Quote Reply
    • Tour2ma Tour2maT In Memoriam Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
      • 30k Posts
      • 6k Reputation
      Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
      #2

      I don't and I didn't...

      "When you have a shared vision it is a lot easier to make unpopular decisions." - Paul DePodesta "When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less." - Paul Brown Complete 2017 Browns Board Mock: http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46196
      1 Reply Last reply
      👍
      Quote Reply
      • Canton Mike Canton MikeC
        • 4k Posts
        • 2k Reputation
        Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
        #3

        Thanks for the thread Tour. I needed this.

        I blew my cork last Sunday watching uninspired play, and am upset with myself that I did so. I have never been a "negative Fan" yet I WAS for a bit this week. While having that setback when angry,  I STILL think we are heading in the right direction & I am re-committing to showing patience & support for the plan in place. 

        Mike 

        IN DORSEY I TRUST
        T Tour2maT 2 Replies Last reply
        Quote Reply
        • Canton MikeC Canton Mike

          Thanks for the thread Tour. I needed this.

          I blew my cork last Sunday watching uninspired play, and am upset with myself that I did so. I have never been a "negative Fan" yet I WAS for a bit this week. While having that setback when angry,  I STILL think we are heading in the right direction & I am re-committing to showing patience & support for the plan in place. 

          Mike 

          TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
          • 23k Posts
          • 6k Reputation
          T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
          #4

          @canton-mike said:

          Thanks for the thread Tour. I needed this.

          I blew my cork last Sunday watching uninspired play, and am upset with myself that I did so. I have never been a "negative Fan" yet I WAS for a bit this week. While having that setback when angry,  I STILL think we are heading in the right direction & I am re-committing to showing patience & support for the plan in place. 

          Mike 

          Welcome back Mike.😁

          Canton MikeC 1 Reply Last reply
          Quote Reply
          • T TexasAg1969

            @canton-mike said:

            Thanks for the thread Tour. I needed this.

            I blew my cork last Sunday watching uninspired play, and am upset with myself that I did so. I have never been a "negative Fan" yet I WAS for a bit this week. While having that setback when angry,  I STILL think we are heading in the right direction & I am re-committing to showing patience & support for the plan in place. 

            Mike 

            Welcome back Mike.😁

            Canton Mike Canton MikeC
            • 4k Posts
            • 2k Reputation
            Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by
            #5

            @texasag1969 said:

            Welcome back Mike.😁

            Thanks Bill...You know I was never really gone. Browns' Fan forever!!!

            Mike

            IN DORSEY I TRUST
            T 1 Reply Last reply
            Quote Reply
            • Canton MikeC Canton Mike

              @texasag1969 said:

              Welcome back Mike.😁

              Thanks Bill...You know I was never really gone. Browns' Fan forever!!!

              Mike

              TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
              • 23k Posts
              • 6k Reputation
              T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
              #6

              @canton-mike said:

              Thanks Bill...You know I was never really gone. Browns' Fan forever!!!

              Mike

              LOL! Just temporary insanity.😆

              Or maybe temporary sanity. Not sure which same days.😕

              1 Reply Last reply
              😂
              Quote Reply
              • Orion OrionO Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                • 9k Posts
                • 4k Reputation
                OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
                #7

                And so I listened to those two guys talk to each other.  And they certainly made sense when they said that we're playing Peppers way the hell back in no man's land when his talents have always been geared to playing close to the LOS (not in those words of course).  

                Yes, Sashi and the Harvard Think Tank have a plan.  That's nice and all.  But are they the right people to be actually DRAFTING FOOTBALL PLAYERS?  AND NOT DRAFTING OTHER PLAYERS?  Are they the right talent evaluators?  They brought Britt in here who obviously doesn't want to be on such a crappy team.  He's here to collect the big paychecks they offered him.  

                Time will tell....but the clock IS ticking on these guys.

                BEING A BROWNS FAN IS A TEST TO SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN TAKE
                stillmotionS 1 Reply Last reply
                Quote Reply
                • OrionO Orion

                  And so I listened to those two guys talk to each other.  And they certainly made sense when they said that we're playing Peppers way the hell back in no man's land when his talents have always been geared to playing close to the LOS (not in those words of course).  

                  Yes, Sashi and the Harvard Think Tank have a plan.  That's nice and all.  But are they the right people to be actually DRAFTING FOOTBALL PLAYERS?  AND NOT DRAFTING OTHER PLAYERS?  Are they the right talent evaluators?  They brought Britt in here who obviously doesn't want to be on such a crappy team.  He's here to collect the big paychecks they offered him.  

                  Time will tell....but the clock IS ticking on these guys.

                  stillmotion stillmotionS Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                  • 2k Posts
                  • 453 Reputation
                  stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by
                  #8

                  @orion said:

                  And so I listened to those two guys talk to each other.  And they certainly made sense when they said that we're playing Peppers way the hell back in no man's land when his talents have always been geared to playing close to the LOS (not in those words of course).  

                  Yes, Sashi and the Harvard Think Tank have a plan.  That's nice and all.  But are they the right people to be actually DRAFTING FOOTBALL PLAYERS?  AND NOT DRAFTING OTHER PLAYERS?  Are they the right talent evaluators?  They brought Britt in here who obviously doesn't want to be on such a crappy team.  He's here to collect the big paychecks they offered him.  

                  Time will tell....but the clock IS ticking on these guys.

                  we should at least give the plan a few more years before we start to question their judgement. If we don't win more than five games in a season five years from now, then Jimmy might have to scold Sashi, or kindly ask Greg Williams to not play Peppers as a centerfielder.

                  1 Reply Last reply
                  Quote Reply
                  • Orion OrionO Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                    • 9k Posts
                    • 4k Reputation
                    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
                    #9

                    FIVE YEARS FROM NOW?    No way.  We knew this year wasn't going to be good.  But next year the team HAS to start being competitive.  

                    BEING A BROWNS FAN IS A TEST TO SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN TAKE
                    1 Reply Last reply
                    👍
                    Quote Reply
                    • LondonBrown L Dedicated Conversation Starter Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                      • 4k Posts
                      • 918 Reputation
                      L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by LondonBrown
                      #10

                      The problem with the fans and this plan is because they stripped the entire roster bare people seem to be expecting them to hit on EVERY draft pick. Or it’s a failure  

                      No front office gets it right every time and nor will this one. I’ve always thought  their idea of plan was the right one, I still do, but that doesn’t mean all the picks are going to work. They clearly won’t 

                      gumby73G 1 Reply Last reply
                      👍
                      Quote Reply
                      • Hempman H
                        • 136 Posts
                        • 7 Reputation
                        H Hempman wrote on last edited by
                        #11

                        Absolutely. Never before in modern NFL history as a team torn down like the Browns. The best part is Sashi giving Berry Kizer in the last draft so he can tank for the top QB in 2018. Sashi is a cold stoned butt in that one. The main problem with that is if the team rebels from Kizer being QB and asks for Hogan to win games..........sooner than later.

                        1 Reply Last reply
                        Quote Reply
                        • Westside Steve W Dedicated Reacting Well Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Conversation Starter Week One Done One Year In One Month Later Very Popular
                          • 39k Posts
                          • 9k Reputation
                          W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve
                          #12

                          Well that has to be the attitude as opposed to saying we focked up and we really don't know our asses from holes in the ground. And I'm sure these people know a million times more than I do, or we do, about professional football. If and when it works out I'll be happy as a pig  shitt to eat my words.

                          Still if I'd been the general manager of the Cleveland Browns for the last decade or so  I don't suppose we'd have been much worse . Just saying.

                          😄

                          WSS

                          www.westsidesteve.com www.myspace.com/westsidestevemusic www.cdbaby.com/artist/westsidestevesimmons
                          F gumby73G 2 Replies Last reply
                          👍
                          Quote Reply
                          • Orion OrionO Conversation Starter Dedicated Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                            • 9k Posts
                            • 4k Reputation
                            OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
                            #13

                            I'm going to post this gumby73 thought from another thread because it DOES make sense.

                            The cupboards did not need to get stripped bare..We needed a QB..Once the plan of re-boot took place. We cut 4 Veterans.Tail-Telling soon after Benji, Mack & Schwartz "am booting out of here myself". Thinner than even the Harvards thought. Some bad decisions such as Gabriel with a few good moves also. Than leading to 2 drafts. #1.Taking 2nd hand draft picks while adding Draft Quantity to refill cupboards. That's really why Cory is here. #2.Moved down once gaining another 1st(Watson) while moving up more often than down to add....well whats 4 games tell ya..We need better Talented picks, not less value with more picks.
                            BEING A BROWNS FAN IS A TEST TO SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN TAKE
                            1 Reply Last reply
                            Quote Reply
                            • wargograw W One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                              • 5k Posts
                              • 363 Reputation
                              W wargograw wrote on last edited by
                              #14

                              I think he’s wrong on that. We did need to strip them bare. Well, maybe not needed to. But it was certainly the best plan. Makes for more long term success. 

                              T MudflyM 2 Replies Last reply
                              Quote Reply
                              • Mudfly MudflyM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                • 7k Posts
                                • 1k Reputation
                                MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly
                                #15

                                Can somebody name one team that has stripped down(like the Browns have) then gone on to win a championship OR have "sustained" success....????......I already know the answer, which is no.....but I could name a 100 teams that have improved w/o stripping down.....one team please(and it should be a LOT more than one, if it's the "right" way to do it)

                                Please....someone....show me the precedent that says stripping down is the way to go.....

                                Gumby once posted the stat for 1-15 teams and what they did the next year.....the very worst of them all won 4 and most won more than that.....so, will we now be the worst 1-15 team ever?....yes......and this is some type of proof that stripping down is better?(please)

                                I would like to build up my savings account....perhaps emptying the account is the best way to start...???

                                and when all this "youth" comes of age at exactly the same moment, how will we afford to retain them?.....just curious....

                                We are building an unbalanced team....with very suspect players....and will continue to set records for ineptitude in drafting. FA acquisition, talent evaluation, game planning and coaching.....<<<<<<<and I dont think anyone can show me where this statement is wrong either......

                                Last year we were gonna "gel" and cream our jeans as we watched this team grow,,,,,,then it was gonna be this year.....but, wait, now it's next year?....is the 3rd year when we stop looking inept?.....then how many years till the playoffs?.....and is someone gonna tell me 5 year rebuilds are the way to go?......oh man.....

                                MudflyM Tour2maT 2 Replies Last reply
                                👍
                                Quote Reply
                                • Mudfly MudflyM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                  • 7k Posts
                                  • 1k Reputation
                                  MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly
                                  #16

                                  we have taken the losing culture to new levels.....unprecedented levels for this org and the NFL.....these kids are gonna bail, lose interest, stop buying into Hues promises of success......and the good ones will move on, if we dont win very soon.....

                                  Who wants to work for a company that is the worst in the industry?

                                  1 Reply Last reply
                                  Quote Reply
                                  • W wargograw

                                    I think he’s wrong on that. We did need to strip them bare. Well, maybe not needed to. But it was certainly the best plan. Makes for more long term success. 

                                    TexasAg1969 T Conversation Starter Dedicated Reacting Well Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                    • 23k Posts
                                    • 6k Reputation
                                    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
                                    #17

                                    @wargograw said:

                                    I think he’s wrong on that. We did need to strip them bare. Well, maybe not needed to. But it was certainly the best plan. Makes for more long term success. 

                                    Under the proviso that we actually pick really well and far better than the normal "fail" rate.

                                    MudflyM 1 Reply Last reply
                                    Quote Reply
                                    • T TexasAg1969

                                      @wargograw said:

                                      I think he’s wrong on that. We did need to strip them bare. Well, maybe not needed to. But it was certainly the best plan. Makes for more long term success. 

                                      Under the proviso that we actually pick really well and far better than the normal "fail" rate.

                                      Mudfly MudflyM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                      • 7k Posts
                                      • 1k Reputation
                                      MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly
                                      #18

                                      @texasag1969 said:

                                      Under the proviso that we actually pick really well and far better than the normal "fail" rate.

                                      and our FO has clearly stated that they cannot do that......which is why they need triple the picks everyone else needs.....

                                      lets be clear......23 picks in 2 years(plus 15 FA's).....that is 37 hand picked players.....and a lot more than most teams get in 3 years.....so, technically, we should consider this equal to 3 drafts.....yet we see zero improvement in the win column......

                                      nickersN 1 Reply Last reply
                                      Quote Reply
                                      • MudflyM Mudfly

                                        @texasag1969 said:

                                        Under the proviso that we actually pick really well and far better than the normal "fail" rate.

                                        and our FO has clearly stated that they cannot do that......which is why they need triple the picks everyone else needs.....

                                        lets be clear......23 picks in 2 years(plus 15 FA's).....that is 37 hand picked players.....and a lot more than most teams get in 3 years.....so, technically, we should consider this equal to 3 drafts.....yet we see zero improvement in the win column......

                                        nickers nickersN Conversation Starter Dedicated Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Reacting Well One Year In One Month Later Week One Done Very Popular
                                        • 14k Posts
                                        • 5k Reputation
                                        nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
                                        #19

                                        @mudfly said:

                                        and our FO has clearly stated that they cannot do that......which is why they need triple the picks everyone else needs.....

                                        lets be clear......23 picks in 2 years(plus 15 FA's).....that is 37 hand picked players.....and a lot more than most teams get in 3 years.....so, technically, we should consider this equal to 3 drafts.....yet we see zero improvement in the win column......

                                        Which still boggles my mind , as to why we hired harvard boys instead of real football people to procure talent..

                                        Nickers...."There are no old running QB's in the NFL "~Sam Rutigliano~
                                        1 Reply Last reply
                                        Quote Reply
                                        • Mudfly MudflyM Very Popular Posting Machine Collaborator First Post Dedicated One Year In One Month Later Week One Done
                                          • 7k Posts
                                          • 1k Reputation
                                          MudflyM Mudfly wrote on last edited by Mudfly
                                          #20

                                          They are so bad that they are showing madden highlights on their facebook page, promoting this weeks game......

                                          You cannot make this schit up.....seriously....

                                          https://www.facebook.com/clevelandbrowns/videos/10155971786799684/

                                          1 Reply Last reply
                                          😂
                                          Quote Reply

                                          Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.

                                          Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.

                                          With your input, this post could be even better 💗

                                          Register Login
                                          Reply
                                          • Reply as topic
                                          Log in to reply
                                          • Oldest to Newest
                                          • Newest to Oldest
                                          • Most Votes


                                          Theme
                                          • System
                                          • Light
                                          • Dark
                                          The Browns Board Terms Privacy

                                          The Browns Board is an independent fan community. It is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or sponsored by the Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers, Cleveland Guardians, the NFL, NBA, MLB, or any of their affiliates. Team names, logos, and other marks are the property of their respective owners.

                                          • First post
                                            Last post
                                          0
                                          • Forums
                                          • Recent
                                          • Popular
                                          • Users
                                          • Donate