Skip to content

More Peyton Manning speculation

The Browns Board
112 30 4.5k
  • Would like to keep Sashi for things such as contract structures, trade deals, etc etc.   

    The fact he still got a pick out of KC for Erving is... nothing short of a minor miracle.  

    @tiamat63 said:

    Would like to keep Sashi for things such as contract structures, trade deals, etc etc.   

    The fact he still got a pick out of KC for Erving is... nothing short of a minor miracle.  

    Ray Farmer got a number one for Trent Richardson.

    WSS

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Would like to keep Sashi for things such as contract structures, trade deals, etc etc.   

    The fact he still got a pick out of KC for Erving is... nothing short of a minor miracle.  

    Ray Farmer got a number one for Trent Richardson.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Ray Farmer got a number one for Trent Richardson.

    WSS

    I thought that was Banner and Lombardi?

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Would like to keep Sashi for things such as contract structures, trade deals, etc etc.   

    The fact he still got a pick out of KC for Erving is... nothing short of a minor miracle.  

    You mean the starting RT on the 5-0 Chiefs? He doesn't grade well still, but they are winning anyway thanks to Smith's escape ability.

    @texasag1969 said:

    You mean the starting RT on the 5-0 Chiefs?

    Mitchell Schwartz is the starting RT for the chiefs - and the backup LT to erik fisher. If Fisher is out [this happened week 1] then Schwartz moves to LT and Cam Erving would start.  

    Schwartz left as FA; Erving is the one who was traded.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Would like to keep Sashi for things such as contract structures, trade deals, etc etc.   

    The fact he still got a pick out of KC for Erving is... nothing short of a minor miracle.  

    Ray Farmer got a number one for Trent Richardson.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Ray Farmer got a number one for Trent Richardson.

    WSS

    That was Joe Banner.  Farmer was a pompous dope.

    ...and don't we now have the dope that gave Banner the #1 for Richardson?

  • @westside-steve said:

    Ray Farmer got a number one for Trent Richardson.

    WSS

    That was Joe Banner.  Farmer was a pompous dope.

    ...and don't we now have the dope that gave Banner the #1 for Richardson?

    @orion said:

    That was Joe Banner.  Farmer was a pompous dope.

    ...and don't we now have the dope that gave Banner the #1 for Richardson?

    Oh yeah. Well Joe Banner was a beloved member of the Cleveland Browns organization wasn't he?

    WSS

  • @medicineman said:

    How did Sashi ever get this job to begin with?  

    I was wondering the same thing just yesterday.....

    Shashi was already here and was a team lawyer....doing contracts, research, etc.....so, at some point, either Jimmy went to him and said "can you be a GM?".....or Shashi came to Jimmy and said "I have an idea how to run this thing?"......

    Somebody(and probably NOT Jimmy) had to develop the concept of this whole analytic thing and the hiring of Depo, etc etc etc.....just dont know how that came to be....

    Personally....I think Jimmys hands were tied....he was at the end of his rope....ran out of good ideas and options....had no one on the horizon(and had already fired everyone) and Shashi told him....""let me handle this".....and Jimmy said OK...

    and here we are....

    First.. WTF are Peyton Manning's qualifications to become a GM?

    @mudfly said:

    I was wondering the same thing just yesterday.....

    Haven't I explained this to you in the past? More than once?

    Two words... Ginkgo Biloba...

    @clevfan4life said:

    We're stuck with sashi and hue, get over it. 

    Sashi, yes... Hue?

    @mudfly said:

    ... not sure....but its a feeling)

    Indigestion?

    @unsympathetic said:

    Schwartz left as FA; Erving is the one who was traded.

    ... and is starting at RG... next to Mitchypoo...

    Looks really bad, too...

  • @orion said:

    That was Joe Banner.  Farmer was a pompous dope.

    ...and don't we now have the dope that gave Banner the #1 for Richardson?

    Oh yeah. Well Joe Banner was a beloved member of the Cleveland Browns organization wasn't he?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Oh yeah. Well Joe Banner was a beloved member of the Cleveland Browns organization wasn't he?

    And thus Steve made a great argument for Sashi's longevity...

  • @mudfly said:

    Yeah...Im not advocating firing everyone.....(well, maybe a little yesterday)(or a lot)(but Ive cooled down)(a little)......just not happy with the process.....

    I get that firing these guys will just start the ugly cycle again.....and Jimmy has burned all his lives with his credibility in NFL coachings circles......so we'd just get another suck butt coach or GM......which is a large part of my extreme frustration.......(Jimmy doesnt know what he's doing...he's our biggest obstacle to success)

    Its just a bad situation....with no winning in our immediate future.....

    Though I have a feeling about next weeks game.....(good? bad?...im not sure....but its a feeling)

    Fair enough. This board just needs to be shut down for 24 hours after losses. 

    @wargograw said:

    Fair enough. This board just needs to be shut down for 24 hours after losses. 

    You, sir, are on a roll & you're probably right!

    Mike

  • I predicted the peyton manning involvement in the browns two years ago.  Id love to see him as OC

  • @wargograw said:

    Fair enough. This board just needs to be shut down for 24 hours after losses. 

    You, sir, are on a roll & you're probably right!

    Mike

    @canton-mike said:

    You, sir, are on a roll & you're probably right!

    Mike

    On a roll of what?  S h i t  paper?

  • @orion said:

    That was Joe Banner.  Farmer was a pompous dope.

    ...and don't we now have the dope that gave Banner the #1 for Richardson?

    Oh yeah. Well Joe Banner was a beloved member of the Cleveland Browns organization wasn't he?

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Oh yeah. Well Joe Banner was a beloved member of the Cleveland Browns organization wasn't he?

    WSS

    Joe Banner made one of my favorite football statements, "Today's NFL is Pass and Rush the Passer".  - I felt that we had someone that UNDERSTOOD the game.

    He also said that they used analytics and did an in depth study of the QB's coming out that year and that Manziel was waay off the list of QB's to draft because of too many red flags.  Shortly after Haslam fired the lot of them and promoted Phucking Farmer.  Banner later said, "I'd love to know what went on to bring Manziel from OFF the list of QB's to being the one they drafted".

    Banner could be a bit gruff.....but he knew his stuff.

  • @mudfly said:

    Yeah...Im not advocating firing everyone.....(well, maybe a little yesterday)(or a lot)(but Ive cooled down)(a little)......just not happy with the process.....

    I get that firing these guys will just start the ugly cycle again.....and Jimmy has burned all his lives with his credibility in NFL coachings circles......so we'd just get another suck butt coach or GM......which is a large part of my extreme frustration.......(Jimmy doesnt know what he's doing...he's our biggest obstacle to success)

    Its just a bad situation....with no winning in our immediate future.....

    Though I have a feeling about next weeks game.....(good? bad?...im not sure....but its a feeling)

    Fair enough. This board just needs to be shut down for 24 hours after losses. 

    @wargograw said:

    Fair enough. This board just needs to be shut down for 24 hours after losses. 

    I can assure if we win a game you'll amend that to not just losses but wins too. I can already see starry eyed looks if we get one win....."how many weeks till the playoffs guys? We totally got this!!!!  "   Lols

  • I still would like someone to let me know what P. Manning's qualifications for GM are...

    OC? I could see... he was one on the field for over a decade, but GM???

  • Well, the only way ic oeyton coming into this organization is as oc and williams moving to HC/DC. Thats the ONLY scenario ill entertain that has hue leaving. I dont care if the best oc in football wants to come here im not interested in hue leaving. Peyton tho is a national story and you know with 100% certainty he's not coming here to work for one year and then take a well funded 4-5 year hiatus on haslans dime. I trust manning as he has a relationship with haslem and its his first nfl job not as a player so he wont wanna Shmuck it off

  • I really do think alot of our ex coaches came here knowing that worst case they're let go after a year or two and can then sun themselves in st croix for a couple years and basically be set for life

  • I still would like someone to let me know what P. Manning's qualifications for GM are...

    OC? I could see... he was one on the field for over a decade, but GM???

    @tour2ma said:

    I still would like someone to let me know what P. Manning's qualifications for GM are...

    OC? I could see... he was one on the field for over a decade, but GM???

    He'll find the franchise QB as GM.🙂

    Actually as much as he has been involved in the Manning training camp, we should at least hire him as a consultant in a QB search. He knows all the best ones up close and personal from that.

    https://manningpassingacademy.com/

  • I still would like someone to let me know what P. Manning's qualifications for GM are...

    OC? I could see... he was one on the field for over a decade, but GM???

    @tour2ma said:

    I still would like someone to let me know what P. Manning's qualifications for GM are...

    OC? I could see... he was one on the field for over a decade, but GM???

    He could have a good eye for talent and the respect of players. That could be a key in bringing in players to Cleveland. They'd love to shoot the Sheet with Peyton. But I highly doubt he wants to stay in Cleveland. Maybe that's why Haslam has been staying so far under the cap during this "plan". To save money for Peyton.

  • One other thing of note. Being GM has worked out quite well with another former Denver QB SB winner. I'm sure Peyton has had many a conversation with him over their years together. We could do and have done far worse.

  • Peyton Manning is coming to Cleveland to save the Browns???..hahahahahahahahshohohohohohehehehehehehahahaha. whew, that's a good one.  I hear Tom Brady wants to help him as soon as he retires too.  That's some funny poop there.

  • I still would like someone to let me know what P. Manning's qualifications for GM are...

    OC? I could see... he was one on the field for over a decade, but GM???

    @tour2ma said:

    I still would like someone to let me know what P. Manning's qualifications for GM are...

    OC? I could see... he was one on the field for over a decade, but GM???

    He's played on a higher level with and against the best players the college system and the pros have to offer. That personal experience should give him an insight  as to why one player might be a better  teammate  than another  who's statistics  on paper might look better . I'm assuming he knows the game as well as or better than most people involved in the game. While you are pondering things what qualifications does Ozzie Newsome bring to the table? Or Sashi Brown? I doubt one of Peyton Manning's responsibilities will, or should, be to count beans.

    WSS