Skip to content

Kessler back in

The Browns Board
41 23 1.2k
  • Not much Hue can do with the talent acquired by the awesome FO during The Process...... Hue's like a chef trying to serve a gourmet meal made out of dog, cat and horse poop, all of which were purchased by the restaurant manager.  

  • ☹️ I wish I had an nfl team to root for

  • Just terrible they probably ruined Kizer at this point. 

    @warriorsrpussies said:

    Just terrible they probably ruined Kizer at this point. 

    Was there anything worth ruining in the first place?  

  • Just terrible they probably ruined Kizer at this point. 

    Kess tried bless his heart, but he's a better, yet less mobile Hogan. One downfield pass... one INT.

    @warriorsrpussies said:

    Just terrible they probably ruined Kizer at this point. 

    Agree... but we'll see.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/along-terrible-play-deshone-kizers-nightlife-now-scrutinized-213754011.html

    Now this snowball is gathering size........ it'll be an avalanche in no time. 

  • Yes, time for everyone to have amnesia about how much Kessler blew during preseason. 

    @wargograw said:

    Yes, time for everyone to have amnesia about how much Kessler blew during preseason. 

    I can only speak for myself but I don't put a ton of stock in preseason games.  Kessler proved last season against starting NFL talent he could be effective.  Whether or not that was an anomaly I couldn't tell you.  We do know that Kizer wasn't a proven commodity coming into the draft and against regular season NFL talent he's struggled.  Kizer has a solid arm, good mobility and good size so he has the tools but sometimes that's not enough.  I'm not a "Kessler for MVP" guy but I'm also not sure what Kizer has shown weeks 2-7 that would allow Hue to look the other players in the eye.  We've seen in the past how great defenses view average QBs.  I can't imagine how hard it must be to hold a team together when half your team couldn't start on any other team in the league.   I'm surprised there aren't more Kenny Britt's on the veteran side.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/along-terrible-play-deshone-kizers-nightlife-now-scrutinized-213754011.html

    Now this snowball is gathering size........ it'll be an avalanche in no time. 

    @d-bone said:

    Now this snowball is gathering size........ it'll be an avalanche in no time. 

    I don't know where I fall on this.  I get that personal time is theirs.  On the other hand when you aren't successful this is a terrible look.

  • Not much Hue can do with the talent acquired by the awesome FO during The Process...... Hue's like a chef trying to serve a gourmet meal made out of dog, cat and horse poop, all of which were purchased by the restaurant manager.  

    @d-bone said:

    Not much Hue can do with the talent acquired by the awesome FO during The Process...... Hue's like a chef trying to serve a gourmet meal made out of dog, cat and horse poop, all of which were purchased by the restaurant manager.  

    To properly continue your analogy.. Hue thinks a gourmet meal is a medium burger with lots of ketchup.

    He has zero skill in accurately assessing players' strengths and weaknesses and creating a game plan to achieve yards.  Why throw a slant to an open receiver when on the other side of the field we can throw a floaty jump ball into triple coverage?

  • @wargograw said:

    Yes, time for everyone to have amnesia about how much Kessler blew during preseason. 

    I can only speak for myself but I don't put a ton of stock in preseason games.  Kessler proved last season against starting NFL talent he could be effective.  Whether or not that was an anomaly I couldn't tell you.  We do know that Kizer wasn't a proven commodity coming into the draft and against regular season NFL talent he's struggled.  Kizer has a solid arm, good mobility and good size so he has the tools but sometimes that's not enough.  I'm not a "Kessler for MVP" guy but I'm also not sure what Kizer has shown weeks 2-7 that would allow Hue to look the other players in the eye.  We've seen in the past how great defenses view average QBs.  I can't imagine how hard it must be to hold a team together when half your team couldn't start on any other team in the league.   I'm surprised there aren't more Kenny Britt's on the veteran side.

    @baconhound said:

    I can only speak for myself but I don't put a ton of stock in preseason games.  Kessler proved last season against starting NFL talent he could be effective.  Whether or not that was an anomaly I couldn't tell you.  We do know that Kizer wasn't a proven commodity coming into the draft and against regular season NFL talent he's struggled.  Kizer has a solid arm, good mobility and good size so he has the tools but sometimes that's not enough.  I'm not a "Kessler for MVP" guy but I'm also not sure what Kizer has shown weeks 2-7 that would allow Hue to look the other players in the eye.  We've seen in the past how great defenses view average QBs.  I can't imagine how hard it must be to hold a team together when half your team couldn't start on any other team in the league.   I'm surprised there aren't more Kenny Britt's on the veteran side.

    Im not gonna say preseason games are a good indicator, but in this case, what else are they supposed to go on? These are your formal scrimmages against other teams. Kessler sucked. Kizer was solid. 

  • @baconhound said:

    I can only speak for myself but I don't put a ton of stock in preseason games.  Kessler proved last season against starting NFL talent he could be effective.  Whether or not that was an anomaly I couldn't tell you.  We do know that Kizer wasn't a proven commodity coming into the draft and against regular season NFL talent he's struggled.  Kizer has a solid arm, good mobility and good size so he has the tools but sometimes that's not enough.  I'm not a "Kessler for MVP" guy but I'm also not sure what Kizer has shown weeks 2-7 that would allow Hue to look the other players in the eye.  We've seen in the past how great defenses view average QBs.  I can't imagine how hard it must be to hold a team together when half your team couldn't start on any other team in the league.   I'm surprised there aren't more Kenny Britt's on the veteran side.

    Im not gonna say preseason games are a good indicator, but in this case, what else are they supposed to go on? These are your formal scrimmages against other teams. Kessler sucked. Kizer was solid. 

    @wargograw said:

    Im not gonna say preseason games are a good indicator, but in this case, what else are they supposed to go on? These are your formal scrimmages against other teams. Kessler sucked. Kizer was solid. 

    Kessler wasn't bad last season.  He didn't throw it downfield much but 65% 6TDs 2INTs.  He wasn't great but I would've thought that would have assured him the job but I'm not being sarcastic about being naive concerning practice.  I'd just hate to see Kizer's starting to be an agenda move, meaning Hue/Sashi wants to see "their" guy get the reps.  I tend to believe Hue that he plays the guys that give the Browns the best chance to win.

    I wish I had the answer, smh, this losing Sheet doesn't get easier.

  • Kess, like Hogan, simply has no shot at delivering the game Hue apparently wants. Of Kess we learned this last season and confirmed it this preseason.

    Of Kizer we learned he had the promise of doing so... Hue's way. Has it? No, not yet. As we knew they would the Ds he's seen have gotten more complex. Yet his pre-snap calls have been pretty good. Today they looked the best they've been.

    I'll skip the repeating the rest of what I've been saying except that I see a young QB who still gets too excited at times to execute... but remains the only one who with the promise to do so Hue's way.

  • Kizer was only effective AND has only been effective sub 15 yards. as evidenced by the early conservative playcalling i think kizer had a long of 19 today that was underthrown and off target but the WR made a great play on it. i appreciate the calming down on deep throws combined with giving some shorter routes and intermediate options but why did Hue abandon it so quickly in OT?

  • @baconhound said:

    I can only speak for myself but I don't put a ton of stock in preseason games.  Kessler proved last season against starting NFL talent he could be effective.  Whether or not that was an anomaly I couldn't tell you.  We do know that Kizer wasn't a proven commodity coming into the draft and against regular season NFL talent he's struggled.  Kizer has a solid arm, good mobility and good size so he has the tools but sometimes that's not enough.  I'm not a "Kessler for MVP" guy but I'm also not sure what Kizer has shown weeks 2-7 that would allow Hue to look the other players in the eye.  We've seen in the past how great defenses view average QBs.  I can't imagine how hard it must be to hold a team together when half your team couldn't start on any other team in the league.   I'm surprised there aren't more Kenny Britt's on the veteran side.

    Im not gonna say preseason games are a good indicator, but in this case, what else are they supposed to go on? These are your formal scrimmages against other teams. Kessler sucked. Kizer was solid. 

    @wargograw said:

    Im not gonna say preseason games are a good indicator, but in this case, what else are they supposed to go on? These are your formal scrimmages against other teams. Kessler sucked. Kizer was solid. 

    the 8 games last year and 3 of which Kessler finished with a QB Rating of  100... or maybe the fact that in 6 games as a starter kizer has finished above 50 in qb rating twice

  • We get the Kess QBR thing, but he wasn't doing it Hue's way. He came closer today with the intermediate shot to Njoku, but his lone deep shot was dismal. And his escapability remains nil.

  • Hue's Way is 1-22 currently, And is clearly not adaptable to player strengths... Hue has been consistently bad in play calling,clock management AND developing QB's and offense as a whole. Kessler's last snap with the 1st team was in offseason and since just this week has been playing with the scout team only receiving backup reps this week. Shake the rust off Kess. Kizer has had 1st team reps since being drafted and looks to still be MILES away from being a legitimate starter in the nfl. continuing his streak of sub 50 qbr

  • @wargograw said:

    Im not gonna say preseason games are a good indicator, but in this case, what else are they supposed to go on? These are your formal scrimmages against other teams. Kessler sucked. Kizer was solid. 

    the 8 games last year and 3 of which Kessler finished with a QB Rating of  100... or maybe the fact that in 6 games as a starter kizer has finished above 50 in qb rating twice

    @cainedesoulis said:

    the 8 games last year and 3 of which Kessler finished with a QB Rating of  100... or maybe the fact that in 6 games as a starter kizer has finished above 50 in qb rating twice

    And that should have translated in preseason games. 

  • @cainedesoulis said:

    the 8 games last year and 3 of which Kessler finished with a QB Rating of  100... or maybe the fact that in 6 games as a starter kizer has finished above 50 in qb rating twice

    And that should have translated in preseason games. 

    @wargograw said:

    And that should have translated in preseason games. 

    Kessler had an 88 qb rating in preseason to kizers 73 and saw much less action than him

    "Efficient" QB Play and Defense like we had today is how this team is built to win. i dont know how this game looks if kessler had a full 60 minutes or a gameplan designed to take advantage of his accuracy.

  • Kessler is a decent game manager. Kizer's long ball just isn't accurate. If the goal is to win now, as Hue says in the presser, you start Kessler. That's the QB you supposedly hand picked last year, then demoted to third string this year and left out to dry.

  • Hogan in London baby! Book-IT! 🙂