Skip to content

Joe tore his tricep....

The Browns Board
105 29 2.7k
  • Ur right ghoolie, about the browns lack of depth at that position. But ur also historically wrong about the importance of that position. This irganization squandered the carreer of one of the best LT's ever. They couldn't find a decent signal caller and offense in general to put behind him. But now our qb problems become even murkier. Now we have to find/groom a young qb who's now gonna get Sock dipped in him from the blindside on every down. 

    @clevfan4life said:

    Ur right ghoolie, about the browns lack of depth at that position. But ur also historically wrong about the importance of that position. This irganization squandered the carreer of one of the best LT's ever. They couldn't find a decent signal caller and offense in general to put behind him. But now our qb problems become even murkier. Now we have to find/groom a young qb who's now gonna get Sock dipped in him from the blindside on every down. 

    Whoa buddy,  I NEVER said the OL was not important, and I never minimized the key role of LT. All I ever said was that good OL are not that hard to come by. Certainly they can be had a lot lower than the first round in the draft. Pittsburgh and the Patriots both won SBs with a makeshift OL put together at the last minute. OL get hurt a lot, It is the nature of the beast. Only in Cleveland are OL so hard to find. Why don't other teams spend years fixing their OL? How come other teams can bring guys in and out and still win titles?

    Joe Thomas is a great LT, the best, absolutely. But irreplaceable? No, not at all. The only reason the Browns did not have an acceptable replacement for Joe is because the FO blows, and Hue is a useless HC.

  • Man this sucks

  • what a legend-such a bummer to see it end like this. I'm about 90% positive this will signal the end of his career in Cleveland too, that's often how these things go. Talk about a guy who I hope Haslam understands to bring back into the organization when he hangs them up though. Joe has been the anchor of an otherwise sinking ship and deserves a shot to play with a winner. I'm going to hate to see him go, but if he got one year with the Pats or someone similar I'd be rooting for him all the way.

  • Any official word on what the injury is?

  • what a legend-such a bummer to see it end like this. I'm about 90% positive this will signal the end of his career in Cleveland too, that's often how these things go. Talk about a guy who I hope Haslam understands to bring back into the organization when he hangs them up though. Joe has been the anchor of an otherwise sinking ship and deserves a shot to play with a winner. I'm going to hate to see him go, but if he got one year with the Pats or someone similar I'd be rooting for him all the way.

    @jrb12711 said:

    I'm about 90% positive this will signal the end of his career in Cleveland too,

    I'll take some of that bet...

  • @jrb12711 said:

    I'm about 90% positive this will signal the end of his career in Cleveland too,

    I'll take some of that bet...

    @tour2ma said:

    I'll take some of that bet...

    Eh, I could be wrong but the formula of aging vet + major injury =release or otherwise new team is pretty common in the NFL. From Peyton Manning on down it's just how it goes.

    Especially with this FO, I could easily see them trading away JT for a mid-round pick.

  • via rotoworld

    - Browns LT Joe Thomas (torn triceps, injured reserve) will undergo surgery on Tuesday, and be sidelined 6-9 months.

    Speaking Monday, coach Hue Jackson said he was hopeful Thomas would return for 2018. Thomas is due $8.8 million in the final year of his contract. For his part, Thomas wasn't ready to think that far ahead. "Am I done playing?," Thomas asked rhetorically. "I don’t know. I think that’s a decision that’s best talked about in the offseason." Thomas turns 33 in December.
     
     
  • what a legend-such a bummer to see it end like this. I'm about 90% positive this will signal the end of his career in Cleveland too, that's often how these things go. Talk about a guy who I hope Haslam understands to bring back into the organization when he hangs them up though. Joe has been the anchor of an otherwise sinking ship and deserves a shot to play with a winner. I'm going to hate to see him go, but if he got one year with the Pats or someone similar I'd be rooting for him all the way.

    @jrb12711 said:

    I hope Haslam understands to bring(JT) back into the organization (in any capacity) when he hangs them up.  

    FIFY^^^OL coach Bob Wylie has not fixed a thing but lighten up Jimmy's wallet..imo, JT should get the CTE testing done while he's down. My thought always was JT only wanted to honor his contract than hang them up after his 2018 season..maybe father time just took that away him? Joe's a huge family guy. Am just not seeing Joe disrupting his family with a relocation..(just not yet) Giving him more of a reason to stay should be all The Lands hopes..  Thanks for the update Stillmotion..If we all know Joe.. if he's walking, he's wanting to load that Team plane to London..Go get'em JT & Good Luck..#10,363snaps@73   

  • Jt should immediately transition to o line coach. Failure to get that done would be a huge black mark on this FO in my estimation.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    I hope Haslam understands to bring(JT) back into the organization (in any capacity) when he hangs them up.  

    FIFY^^^OL coach Bob Wylie has not fixed a thing but lighten up Jimmy's wallet..imo, JT should get the CTE testing done while he's down. My thought always was JT only wanted to honor his contract than hang them up after his 2018 season..maybe father time just took that away him? Joe's a huge family guy. Am just not seeing Joe disrupting his family with a relocation..(just not yet) Giving him more of a reason to stay should be all The Lands hopes..  Thanks for the update Stillmotion..If we all know Joe.. if he's walking, he's wanting to load that Team plane to London..Go get'em JT & Good Luck..#10,363snaps@73   

    @gumby73 said:

    FIFY^^^OL coach Bob Wylie has not fixed a thing but lighten up Jimmy's wallet..imo, JT should get the CTE testing done while he's down. My thought always was JT only wanted to honor his contract than hang them up after his 2018 season..maybe father time just took that away him? Joe's a huge family guy. Am just not seeing Joe disrupting his family with a relocation..(just not yet) Giving him more of a reason to stay should be all The Lands hopes..  Thanks for the update Stillmotion..If we all know Joe.. if he's walking, he's wanting to load that Team plane to London..Go get'em JT & Good Luck..   

    To clarify a bit, honestly what I think would be awesome is to have him as a local sideline reporter and post presser type of guy. His personality is literally perfect for it and you know guys would open up to him in every sense of the word.

  • At least JT still has his sense of humor. . .

    The Geneva convention on torture (confinement, stress positions) was just violated when they wedged me into that MRI tube for 2 hrs. Yikes!

  • He followed that tweet with this one. . .

    MRI reveals torn tricep tendon. Surgery soon. Tough break.

  • Can we get a second rounder for him this offseason if Drango is serviceable?

  • Can we get a second rounder for him this offseason if Drango is serviceable?

    @wargograw said:

    Can we get a second rounder for him this offseason if Drango is serviceable?

    Your sick get a MRI😛..NO... Done-Rango is not serviceable.Baylor had a reason to get the ball out to Corey in under 2.5 seconds 

  • I like Joe, but lets be real...we were 1-22 with him.  Not his fault of course, but it's not like we are going to start losing more games hahahaha

  • Jt should immediately transition to o line coach. Failure to get that done would be a huge black mark on this FO in my estimation.

    @clevfan4life said:

    Jt should immediately transition to o line coach. Failure to get that done would be a huge black mark on this FO in my estimation.

    And what exactly makes him qualified for this? It is not as if his leadership led the Browns to have a great OL. all his years the linemen around him sucked, and NOW, you want me to believe he is coaching material? Seriously man. Joe was a stellar LT, but he wasn't a game changer, he wasn't a once-in-a-lifetime, he wasn't even a leader who helped the OL to get better.

    Honestly bro, enough of this guy already. He's done. Stick a fork in him.

  • I like Joe, but lets be real...we were 1-22 with him.  Not his fault of course, but it's not like we are going to start losing more games hahahaha

    @tacosman said:

    I like Joe, but lets be real...we were 1-22 with him.  Not his fault of course, but it's not like we are going to start losing more games hahahaha

    This is 100% Correctamundo. I have asked over and over again, yet not one person here could answer the question and present statistics that improved once Joe Thomas came to Cleveland. Only a QB can dramatically change the performance of a team. Joe Thomas is living proof that in terms of wins and losses,  a LT does not really do much for a team. 

    As you mentioned, we are 1 - 22 with Joe Thomas starting. What is the difference if he died? Nothing. THere really would be no impact to the performance of the Browns. His position can be filled adequately by one of many lard a$$ offensive linemen. Yes, yes, yes................... he was good. But he had no impact on the team. TO me, that is a waste of a high pick.

  • I think the porous nature of the browns left flank after jt's exit speaks for itself. Nobody ever said a hof LT wins u a SB, its a team game. We never put a TEAM around joe. Yeah we got "a few" ok players around him from time to time, but we never put it all together. Qb evaluation will now be bext to impossible with the quality we have filling in there. We dont even have an "avg" LT ready to fill in. 

    Might as well get a lefty qb off the wire bow so that the right side is his blind side now. Can phil mickelson throw a spiral? Anybody know? Can someone tweet that question at him?

  • It sounds like JT may call it a career. It's a shame that we never had a good QB for him to block for. 

  • I think the porous nature of the browns left flank after jt's exit speaks for itself. Nobody ever said a hof LT wins u a SB, its a team game. We never put a TEAM around joe. Yeah we got "a few" ok players around him from time to time, but we never put it all together. Qb evaluation will now be bext to impossible with the quality we have filling in there. We dont even have an "avg" LT ready to fill in. 

    Might as well get a lefty qb off the wire bow so that the right side is his blind side now. Can phil mickelson throw a spiral? Anybody know? Can someone tweet that question at him?

    @clevfan4life said:

    Might as well get a lefty qb off the wire bow so that the right side is his blind side now. 

    dear god NO, your flipping the whole playbook upside down at that point.Lefty spin? we can't catch now.🥷 A RT Handed QB with Mobility with Accuracy..Ya got till late April..Call us when ya see'em. we'll be here all week