Joe tore his tricep....
-
Can we get a second rounder for him this offseason if Drango is serviceable?
Your sick get a MRI
..NO... Done-Rango is not serviceable.Baylor had a reason to get the ball out to Corey in under 2.5 seconds
-
I like Joe, but lets be real...we were 1-22 with him. Not his fault of course, but it's not like we are going to start losing more games hahahaha
-
Jt should immediately transition to o line coach. Failure to get that done would be a huge black mark on this FO in my estimation.
Jt should immediately transition to o line coach. Failure to get that done would be a huge black mark on this FO in my estimation.
And what exactly makes him qualified for this? It is not as if his leadership led the Browns to have a great OL. all his years the linemen around him sucked, and NOW, you want me to believe he is coaching material? Seriously man. Joe was a stellar LT, but he wasn't a game changer, he wasn't a once-in-a-lifetime, he wasn't even a leader who helped the OL to get better.
Honestly bro, enough of this guy already. He's done. Stick a fork in him.
-
I like Joe, but lets be real...we were 1-22 with him. Not his fault of course, but it's not like we are going to start losing more games hahahaha
I like Joe, but lets be real...we were 1-22 with him. Not his fault of course, but it's not like we are going to start losing more games hahahaha
This is 100% Correctamundo. I have asked over and over again, yet not one person here could answer the question and present statistics that improved once Joe Thomas came to Cleveland. Only a QB can dramatically change the performance of a team. Joe Thomas is living proof that in terms of wins and losses, a LT does not really do much for a team.
As you mentioned, we are 1 - 22 with Joe Thomas starting. What is the difference if he died? Nothing. THere really would be no impact to the performance of the Browns. His position can be filled adequately by one of many lard a$$ offensive linemen. Yes, yes, yes................... he was good. But he had no impact on the team. TO me, that is a waste of a high pick.
-
I think the porous nature of the browns left flank after jt's exit speaks for itself. Nobody ever said a hof LT wins u a SB, its a team game. We never put a TEAM around joe. Yeah we got "a few" ok players around him from time to time, but we never put it all together. Qb evaluation will now be bext to impossible with the quality we have filling in there. We dont even have an "avg" LT ready to fill in.
Might as well get a lefty qb off the wire bow so that the right side is his blind side now. Can phil mickelson throw a spiral? Anybody know? Can someone tweet that question at him?
-
It sounds like JT may call it a career. It's a shame that we never had a good QB for him to block for.
-
I think the porous nature of the browns left flank after jt's exit speaks for itself. Nobody ever said a hof LT wins u a SB, its a team game. We never put a TEAM around joe. Yeah we got "a few" ok players around him from time to time, but we never put it all together. Qb evaluation will now be bext to impossible with the quality we have filling in there. We dont even have an "avg" LT ready to fill in.
Might as well get a lefty qb off the wire bow so that the right side is his blind side now. Can phil mickelson throw a spiral? Anybody know? Can someone tweet that question at him?
Might as well get a lefty qb off the wire bow so that the right side is his blind side now.
dear god NO, your flipping the whole playbook upside down at that point.Lefty spin? we can't catch now.🥷 A RT Handed QB with Mobility with Accuracy..Ya got till late April..Call us when ya see'em. we'll be here all week
-
It sounds like JT may call it a career. It's a shame that we never had a good QB for him to block for.
It sounds like JT may call it a career. It's a shame that we never had a good QB for him to block for.
I think he's overwhelmed with being injured. I believe his competitive spirit will drive him to return.
-
Might as well get a lefty qb off the wire bow so that the right side is his blind side now.
dear god NO, your flipping the whole playbook upside down at that point.Lefty spin? we can't catch now.🥷 A RT Handed QB with Mobility with Accuracy..Ya got till late April..Call us when ya see'em. we'll be here all week
dear god NO, your flipping the whole playbook upside down at that point.Lefty spin? we can't catch now.🥷 A RT Handed QB with Mobility with Accuracy..Ya got till late April..Call us when ya see'em. we'll be here all week
The plays are exactly the same dude. Ur point about spin is duly noted tho.
-
I like Joe, but lets be real...we were 1-22 with him. Not his fault of course, but it's not like we are going to start losing more games hahahaha
I like Joe, but lets be real...we were 1-22 with him. Not his fault of course, but it's not like we are going to start losing more games hahahaha
That's pretty funny. Not. We better start loading up the practice squad with QB's. Because as much as the Ghoul has been wrong about the OL he's right that we've never had a decent backup tackle on this team. I've noticed that fact for years and have always thought to myself, "Boy we're screwed if JT ever gets hurt."
-
I like Joe, but lets be real...we were 1-22 with him. Not his fault of course, but it's not like we are going to start losing more games hahahaha
That's pretty funny. Not. We better start loading up the practice squad with QB's. Because as much as the Ghoul has been wrong about the OL he's right that we've never had a decent backup tackle on this team. I've noticed that fact for years and have always thought to myself, "Boy we're screwed if JT ever gets hurt."
That's pretty funny. Not. We better start loading up the practice squad with QB's. Because as much as the Ghoul has been wrong about the OL he's right that we've never had a decent backup tackle on this team. I've noticed that fact for years and have always thought to myself, "Boy we're screwed if JT ever gets hurt."
again, how can we get more screwed than losing every damn game?
-
That's pretty funny. Not. We better start loading up the practice squad with QB's. Because as much as the Ghoul has been wrong about the OL he's right that we've never had a decent backup tackle on this team. I've noticed that fact for years and have always thought to myself, "Boy we're screwed if JT ever gets hurt."
again, how can we get more screwed than losing every damn game?
again, how can we get more screwed than losing every damn game?
You won't get anyone to answer that. I stated from the draft that the 2017 OL would fare no better than the 2016 version did. I also said that the odds were very good that Joe Thomas would get injured this season. Part of his longevity came from the fact that he seldom got into the mosh pit. He was not a formidable run blocker. But I digress. I have been nuts on about the OL, it simply did not make any difference.
The QB WRs, TEs, and RBs make the OL. Without players who have to be accounted for opposing defenses swarm the LOS and smother the OL. We were 1 - 15 with a so called crappy OL, and now we are 0 - 7 with a stellar OL. OL...makes very little difference. Never has, never will. You can get OL off the street corner. The Pats won a SB starting an OL who previously never played a down in the NFL.
Joe Thomas was good, but he made absolutely no impact on the Browns. None,
-
That's pretty funny. Not. We better start loading up the practice squad with QB's. Because as much as the Ghoul has been wrong about the OL he's right that we've never had a decent backup tackle on this team. I've noticed that fact for years and have always thought to myself, "Boy we're screwed if JT ever gets hurt."
again, how can we get more screwed than losing every damn game?
-
It sounds like JT may call it a career. It's a shame that we never had a good QB for him to block for.
It sounds like JT may call it a career. It's a shame that we never had a good QB for him to block for.
I can understand how somebody who is the best in the world at what he does would be hesitant to return if he felt the injury forced him to play at a diminished level.
I hope he can come back at 100%.
WSS
-
It sounds like JT may call it a career. It's a shame that we never had a good QB for him to block for.
I can understand how somebody who is the best in the world at what he does would be hesitant to return if he felt the injury forced him to play at a diminished level.
I hope he can come back at 100%.
WSS
I can understand how somebody who is the best in the world at what he does would be hesitant to return if he felt the injury forced him to play at a diminished level.
I hope he can come back at 100%.
WSS
I gotta agree with those thoughts. But I wouldn't be surprised to see him hang it up without looking back. Couldn't blame him of he did either. He has to be the sad sack of HOFers.
-
again, how can we get more screwed than losing every damn game?
You won't get anyone to answer that. I stated from the draft that the 2017 OL would fare no better than the 2016 version did. I also said that the odds were very good that Joe Thomas would get injured this season. Part of his longevity came from the fact that he seldom got into the mosh pit. He was not a formidable run blocker. But I digress. I have been nuts on about the OL, it simply did not make any difference.
The QB WRs, TEs, and RBs make the OL. Without players who have to be accounted for opposing defenses swarm the LOS and smother the OL. We were 1 - 15 with a so called crappy OL, and now we are 0 - 7 with a stellar OL. OL...makes very little difference. Never has, never will. You can get OL off the street corner. The Pats won a SB starting an OL who previously never played a down in the NFL.
Joe Thomas was good, but he made absolutely no impact on the Browns. None,
-
I'll take some of that bet...
Eh, I could be wrong but the formula of aging vet + major injury =release or otherwise new team is pretty common in the NFL. From Peyton Manning on down it's just how it goes.
Especially with this FO, I could easily see them trading away JT for a mid-round pick.
Eh, I could be wrong but the formula of aging vet + major injury =release or otherwise new team is pretty common in the NFL. From Peyton Manning on down it's just how it goes.
Especially with this FO, I could easily see them trading away JT for a mid-round pick.
Then name a bet... monetary... beeratary... whatevertary...
One... Joe's only 32... turns 33 in December. That is not old for an OT. And he showed absolutely no signs of slowing this season.
Two... the injury is not "major"... it's frickin' Tommy John. Pitchers now come back regularly from this reparative procedure better than ever... stronger than ever.
Three... he's stuck around looking to be part of a turn. I think he believes in our direction and if we post a good off-season, he'll be enticed to hang another year, his final contract year... and then extend.
I get that he's never rehab'd before, but the man shows up in shape year after year, so it's not like the work will be more than he's accustomed to doing... just more focused.
imo, JT should get the CTE testing done while he's down.
Is that a thing? I thought detection was only by brain dissection, which would seem premature ATM...

He followed that tweet with this one. . .
MRI reveals torn tricep tendon. Surgery soon. Tough break.
So basically he's looking at Tommy John surgery...
Maybe has a future as a closer for the Tribe...
-
I think the porous nature of the browns left flank after jt's exit speaks for itself. Nobody ever said a hof LT wins u a SB, its a team game. We never put a TEAM around joe. Yeah we got "a few" ok players around him from time to time, but we never put it all together. Qb evaluation will now be bext to impossible with the quality we have filling in there. We dont even have an "avg" LT ready to fill in.
Might as well get a lefty qb off the wire bow so that the right side is his blind side now. Can phil mickelson throw a spiral? Anybody know? Can someone tweet that question at him?
Might as well get a lefty qb off the wire bow so that the right side is his blind side now. Can phil mickelson throw a spiral? Anybody know? Can someone tweet that question at him?
Maybe Kizer is ambidextrous?
I'm sure Hogan is... lol...
-
It sounds like JT may call it a career. It's a shame that we never had a good QB for him to block for.
I think he's overwhelmed with being injured. I believe his competitive spirit will drive him to return.
I think he's overwhelmed with being injured. I believe his competitive spirit will drive him to return.
Not feeling that... certainly is somber.
Joe's been hurt... has played hurt before (even on a bad knee he had cleaned up after one season a while ago IIRC)... but being injured to the point of not having a choice about playing? That's what's new.
Even in that light he's said this is not the time to decide anything and he's right... it's not.
In the end I think it'll be a battle between missing playing and potentially missing "the turn" for this franchise vs. his CTE concerns.
-
Ur right ghoolie, about the browns lack of depth at that position. But ur also historically wrong about the importance of that position. This irganization squandered the carreer of one of the best LT's ever. They couldn't find a decent signal caller and offense in general to put behind him. But now our qb problems become even murkier. Now we have to find/groom a young qb who's now gonna get Sock dipped in him from the blindside on every down.
Whoa buddy, I NEVER said the OL was not important, and I never minimized the key role of LT. All I ever said was that good OL are not that hard to come by. Certainly they can be had a lot lower than the first round in the draft. Pittsburgh and the Patriots both won SBs with a makeshift OL put together at the last minute. OL get hurt a lot, It is the nature of the beast. Only in Cleveland are OL so hard to find. Why don't other teams spend years fixing their OL? How come other teams can bring guys in and out and still win titles?
Joe Thomas is a great LT, the best, absolutely. But irreplaceable? No, not at all. The only reason the Browns did not have an acceptable replacement for Joe is because the FO blows, and Hue is a useless HC.
Whoa buddy, I NEVER said the OL was not important, and I never minimized the key role of LT. All I ever said was that good OL are not that hard to come by. Certainly they can be had a lot lower than the first round in the draft. Pittsburgh and the Patriots both won SBs with a makeshift OL put together at the last minute. OL get hurt a lot, It is the nature of the beast. Only in Cleveland are OL so hard to find. Why don't other teams spend years fixing their OL? How come other teams can bring guys in and out and still win titles?
Joe Thomas is a great LT, the best, absolutely. But irreplaceable? No, not at all. The only reason the Browns did not have an acceptable replacement for Joe is because the FO blows, and Hue is a useless HC.
Same can be said of receivers. Patriots and Seahawks won super bowls with makeshift, low round receiving corps as well...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login