Skip to content

QBs the Browns could have picked

The Browns Board
66 22 1.9k
  • @the-gipper said:

    2001  Drew Brees #32.  Browns took Gerard Warren at #3 instead.   Just on pick after they took Quincy Morgan at #33.

    2004 Ben Roethlisberger #11.  Browns took Kellen Winslow II at #6 instead.  (Eli and Phillip Rivers off board before Browns could pick)

    2005 Aaron Rodgers #24   Browns took Braylon Edwards at #3 instead. (to me...this is THE biggest Shmuckup of the 21st century.  Browns needed a QB...but passed on Rodgers, as did many based on what?)

    2016. Carson Wentz.  #2  Dak Prescott  4th round. Browns could have taken Wentz but traded down for Corey Coleman. And every team several times could have had Prescott.

    2017   Mitch Trubisky and DeShaun Watson.  I don't think we need to delve further into this...as we shall see.

    So, there is the misery you all want to wallow. Go ahead....get filthy.

    I highlighted 2001 for a reason Gip. That draft was a close second in the all-time screwup department.  We whiffed on LaDanian Tomlinson and Richard Seymour for good measure on top of Brees. 

    & if the Hoorta had been doing the drafting, we would have had Rothlisberger, Wentz, or probably Trubisky on top of it. I'm still waiting for that phone call to scout QBs for the Browns.... Sure as hell not "It's a sin if we draft Quinn", Geriatric We-done, Johnny Juicer, "Too Slow" Trent Richardson. I have a strong suspicion (hated that pick) Rocket Arm Kizer will join the bust parade. 

    We could have even more fun Gip listing the WRs we whiffed on. Willis Adams, Greg Little (production), Mohammed MassiveDrop, and Brian Slowbiski immediately come to mind....  

    @hoorta said:

    I highlighted 2001 for a reason Gip. That draft was a close second in the all-time screwup department.  We whiffed on LaDanian Tomlinson and Richard Seymour for good measure on top of Brees. 

    & if the Hoorta had been doing the drafting, we would have had Rothlisberger, Wentz, or probably Trubisky on top of it. I'm still waiting for that phone call to scout QBs for the Browns.... Sure as hell not "It's a sin if we draft Quinn", Geriatric We-done, Johnny Juicer, "Too Slow" Trent Richardson. I have a strong suspicion (hated that pick) Rocket Arm Kizer will join the bust parade. 

    We could have even more fun Gip listing the WRs we whiffed on. Willis Adams, Greg Little (production), Mohammed MassiveDrop, and Brian Slowbiski immediately come to mind....  

    Well, I just limited this thread to the QBs that we "missed" on.   If we were to go through all the other positions, we could be here all week.

    And yes, this thread is meant to be somewhat of a joke.....to pull the wings off everyone who is crying, moaning and whining about why the Browns didn't pick so and so and whatshisname and Mr. Blahblahblahblahblah.  There ain't nothing we can do it about it....be it missing on John Unitas or DeShaun Watson.   So, to me, anyone obsessing about that is merely doing this:

  • This image should be shoved right into Dee's Pud pullers and Sushi's face!

    DM3sHOfW0AIThEp.jpg

  • Hogan>Wentz/Trubisky

  • Hogan>Wentz/Trubisky

    @poeticg said:

    Hogan>Wentz/Trubisky

    You're just ridiculous

  • Trust me on this one.

  • Trust me on this one.

    @poeticg said:

    Trust me on this one.

    No...Hogan sucks.   He doesn't have an NFL caliber arm.  Everyone who watched the Texans game (objectively) could clearly see that.

  • Trust me on this one.

    @poeticg said:

    Trust me on this one.

    I trust you on the fact that you clearly seem like you want to bugger him. 

  • Yes... He does. He threw the ball fine. He admitted that he was letting the DL affect his throwing by running around with their arms up. And the Defense was giving him a look that he had never seen before. He's young, 24 and really still a rookie. Give him a break, once he's playing with some confidence he'll inspire this team to greatness.

  • I watched the Texans game... I also watched the Ravens and Jets games where he orchestrated the only scoring drives we had. I also remember him getting us to overtime and Hue deciding to go for it... I 'member- do you 'member dat?

  • Yes... He does. He threw the ball fine. He admitted that he was letting the DL affect his throwing by running around with their arms up. And the Defense was giving him a look that he had never seen before. He's young, 24 and really still a rookie. Give him a break, once he's playing with some confidence he'll inspire this team to greatness.

    @poeticg said:

    Yes... He does. He threw the ball fine. He admitted that he was letting the DL affect his throwing by running around with their arms up. And the Defense was giving him a look that he had never seen before. He's young, 24 and really still a rookie. Give him a break, once he's playing with some confidence he'll inspire this team to greatness.

    God.....that big bad defense ran around with their arms up and poor Kevin couldn't handle it so we should give him and his noodle arm another chance to try and throw 5 INT"s in a half this time.   Give it a rest and go back to telling us that Josh Gordon is coming back and how great Trent Richardson is and leave this one alone.  You're embarrassing yourself. 

  • I watched the Texans game... I also watched the Ravens and Jets games where he orchestrated the only scoring drives we had. I also remember him getting us to overtime and Hue deciding to go for it... I 'member- do you 'member dat?

    @poeticg said:

    I watched the Texans game... I also watched the Ravens and Jets games where he orchestrated the only scoring drives we had. I also remember him getting us to overtime and Hue deciding to go for it... I 'member- do you 'member dat?

    Both losses...so who cares.  No clue what you're talking about for the game he got us to overtime and why that is something we should be blowing him over.   Cody Concussler got us to OT last week...how did that turn out? 

  • I watched the Texans game... I also watched the Ravens and Jets games where he orchestrated the only scoring drives we had. I also remember him getting us to overtime and Hue deciding to go for it... I 'member- do you 'member dat?

    @poeticg said:

    I watched the Texans game... I also watched the Ravens and Jets games where he orchestrated the only scoring drives we had. I also remember him getting us to overtime and Hue deciding to go for it... I 'member- do you 'member dat?

    I don't usually bitch about someone hijacking my threads....but I am here.

    Fuhuck off with your Hogan talk.  You want to talk Hogan....start your own Goddamned thread about him. Delete all your stupid posts on this thread about Hogan....and stick to the subject of this thread.   And no...Hogan is NOT part of the subject of this thread. So get your shite off my lawn.

  • Love this thread... which team are we doing next?

    JAX?

    NYJ?

    Ooh Ooh... Cinci!

  • Love this thread... which team are we doing next?

    JAX?

    NYJ?

    Ooh Ooh... Cinci!

    @tour2ma said:

    Love this thread... which team are we doing next?

    JAX?

    NYJ?

    Ooh Ooh... Cinci!

    You choose....and put down the data. (and yes, it IS supposed to be a thread to be made fun of...I just don't want PoGs Hogan Horseshite on here.

  • This image should be shoved right into Dee's Pud pullers and Sushi's face!

    DM3sHOfW0AIThEp.jpg

    @nickers said:

    This image should be shoved right into Dee's Pud pullers and Sushi's face!

    The only way possible for Sushi and DePud  to keep their jobs is to draft a genuine, porcupine, bonafide NFL franchise QB in 2018. Book it. And Kizer isn't it either.  

  • @nickers said:

    This image should be shoved right into Dee's Pud pullers and Sushi's face!

    The only way possible for Sushi and DePud  to keep their jobs is to draft a genuine, porcupine, bonafide NFL franchise QB in 2018. Book it. And Kizer isn't it either.  

    @hoorta said:

    The only way possible for Sushi and DePud  to keep their jobs is to draft a genuine, porcupine, bonafide NFL franchise QB in 2018. Book it. And Kizer isn't it either.  

    You think they are going to be around to do that?

  • This image should be shoved right into Dee's Pud pullers and Sushi's face!

    DM3sHOfW0AIThEp.jpg

    @nickers said:

    This image should be shoved right into Dee's Pud pullers and Sushi's face!

    DM3sHOfW0AIThEp.jpg

    What a couple of losers. 

  • @hoorta said:

    The only way possible for Sushi and DePud  to keep their jobs is to draft a genuine, porcupine, bonafide NFL franchise QB in 2018. Book it. And Kizer isn't it either.  

    You think they are going to be around to do that?

    @dutch-oven said:

    You think they are going to be around to do that?

    Odds- 50%.  🙂   

    @wargograw said:

    What a couple of losers. 

    Nah get over it, a couple of WINNERS rubbing it in our face. 

  • @nickers said:

    This image should be shoved right into Dee's Pud pullers and Sushi's face!

    The only way possible for Sushi and DePud  to keep their jobs is to draft a genuine, porcupine, bonafide NFL franchise QB in 2018. Book it. And Kizer isn't it either.  

    @hoorta said:

    The only way possible for Sushi and DePud  to keep their jobs is to draft a genuine, porcupine, bonafide NFL franchise QB in 2018. Book it. And Kizer isn't it either.  

    In total agreement...

  • 1979  Joe Montana #82 pick   He went in round 3 so every team passed him up twice.  Browns however used two picks on Willis Adams and Sam Clampham. Ugh. But we did have Brian Sipe about in the middle of his prime.

    Everybody missed out on that skinny legged QB from Notre Dame but that's what the draft is all about.  You don't see as many big misses like there used to be with today's cottage industry in all things sports. It's just that the BROWNS futility except maybe for Sipe and Kosar is just highlighted after a lifetime of big misses.