Skip to content

Jimmy Grabsapillow Traded to....

The Browns Board
111 35 5.3k
  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by Canton Mike
    #60

    This opens (or LEAVES open) many doors for our QB poor Brownies. Just have to wait & see!

    Mike

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #61

    Hoyer wont come here to mentor kizer, he already proved with jm that he isnt really that kind of guy. Mccown on the other hand, jesus christ i want the person responsible for letting him go fired....even if it was hue. I cant imagine hue being so stupid knowing kizer was a project and having a guy like mccown on the roster who explicitly stated he's mire than willing to help a team mentor a young qb and take over some games when the nooby is having nooby probs. 

    Seriously that is the only thing currently that woyld enrage me to the point i say hues got to go. Everything else thats happened i take with a grain of salt bec i know the situation this entire franchise is in. But canning a productive vet qb cause why? Cause ossweiler came in? I just know that the mccown thing was the doing of the weasely little analytics fgts that look at everything on a piece of paper and doodle iyt some meaningless equation

  • darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by
    #62

    Cousins to us then 🙂

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by Unsympathetic
    #63

    Even if they don't extend JimmyG, niners could franchise him at 24M per.

    I don't think this is a big deal -- the one that we really should have done is getting Pro Bowl DT Dareus from the Bills for only a 6th .. the Jags got him for the same price we paid for our current nonsense kicker.

  • Hoyer wont come here to mentor kizer, he already proved with jm that he isnt really that kind of guy. Mccown on the other hand, jesus christ i want the person responsible for letting him go fired....even if it was hue. I cant imagine hue being so stupid knowing kizer was a project and having a guy like mccown on the roster who explicitly stated he's mire than willing to help a team mentor a young qb and take over some games when the nooby is having nooby probs. 

    Seriously that is the only thing currently that woyld enrage me to the point i say hues got to go. Everything else thats happened i take with a grain of salt bec i know the situation this entire franchise is in. But canning a productive vet qb cause why? Cause ossweiler came in? I just know that the mccown thing was the doing of the weasely little analytics fgts that look at everything on a piece of paper and doodle iyt some meaningless equation

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #64

    @clevfan4life said:

    Hoyer wont come here to mentor kizer, he already proved with jm that he isnt really that kind of guy. Mccown on the other hand, jesus christ i want the person responsible for letting him go fired....even if it was hue. I cant imagine hue being so stupid knowing kizer was a project and having a guy like mccown on the roster who explicitly stated he's mire than willing to help a team mentor a young qb and take over some games when the nooby is having nooby probs. 

    Seriously that is the only thing currently that woyld enrage me to the point i say hues got to go. Everything else thats happened i take with a grain of salt bec i know the situation this entire franchise is in. But canning a productive vet qb cause why? Cause ossweiler came in? I just know that the mccown thing was the doing of the weasely little analytics fgts that look at everything on a piece of paper and doodle iyt some meaningless equation

    In fairness no one would have been able to mentor the trainwreck named Johnny

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #65

    hmmm....quite interesting.  If I were the Patriots i would've traded Jimmy G and KEPT Brissett as my backup.  I mean, Brissett isn't headed toward FA any time soon.  -  If they didn't think Jimmy G was their future...or that they didn't want to franchise him as a backup...but trading them BOTH away in the same season??  That's a little odd.

  • The Pats had to have dealt Jimmy before the Browns paid $16M for a 2nd round pick, via the hallow Brock Lobster transaction. That was time

    That from Jason La Canfora.  

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #66

    @mark-o said:

    The Pats had to have dealt Jimmy before the Browns paid $16M for a 2nd round pick, via the hallow Brock Lobster transaction. That was time

    That from Jason La Canfora.  

    Huh?

    @jcam222 said:

    This is great news for us. Much better shot at Cousins now!

    Indeed. Excellent.

  • hmmm....quite interesting.  If I were the Patriots i would've traded Jimmy G and KEPT Brissett as my backup.  I mean, Brissett isn't headed toward FA any time soon.  -  If they didn't think Jimmy G was their future...or that they didn't want to franchise him as a backup...but trading them BOTH away in the same season??  That's a little odd.

    T The User from Cleveland wrote on last edited by The User from Cleveland
    #67

    @orion said:

    hmmm....quite interesting.  If I were the Patriots i would've traded Jimmy G and KEPT Brissett as my backup.  I mean, Brissett isn't headed toward FA any time soon.  -  If they didn't think Jimmy G was their future...or that they didn't want to franchise him as a backup...but trading them BOTH away in the same season??  That's a little odd.

    Brissett isn't their future either.

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #68

    Stop the cousins masturbation. He will take less money to go somewhere with a competent receiving corp. I would like it dont get me wrong, but the guy isnt coming to cleveland. He's going to have alot of suitors this offseason. A guy like that isnt coming to clev to throw tonthese stone handed numptys we got running out into the pattern. He just isnt unless we offered an obscene contract with so much guaranteed that if he gets his a ss  tooled out for a seadon or two he can just retire. Is that what u guys want?

  • Stop the cousins masturbation. He will take less money to go somewhere with a competent receiving corp. I would like it dont get me wrong, but the guy isnt coming to cleveland. He's going to have alot of suitors this offseason. A guy like that isnt coming to clev to throw tonthese stone handed numptys we got running out into the pattern. He just isnt unless we offered an obscene contract with so much guaranteed that if he gets his a ss  tooled out for a seadon or two he can just retire. Is that what u guys want?

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #69

    @clevfan4life said:

    Stop the cousins masturbation. He will take less money to go somewhere with a competent receiving corp. I would like it dont get me wrong, but the guy isnt coming to cleveland. He's going to have alot of suitors this offseason. A guy like that isnt coming to clev to throw tonthese stone handed numptys we got running out into the pattern. He just isnt unless we offered an obscene contract with so much guaranteed that if he gets his a ss  tooled out for a seadon or two he can just retire. Is that what u guys want?

    Where can he go where he's immediately the starter without a doubt?

    NYJ

    I suppose Denver is trending that way but they won't pay him, so not them.

    Possibly Arizona

    That's about it. Every other team in the league has their guy.

  • Major QB shakeup: 49ers trading 2018 2nd-round draft pick to New England for Patriots’ QB Jimmy Garoppolo, sources tell ESPN.

    49ers and Patriots began talking trade Monday morning and, by tonight, the trade was officially agreed upon. Garoppolo to San Francisco.

    Both from Adam Schefter on the twitter.

    GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #70

    @mark-o said:

    Major QB shakeup: 49ers trading 2018 2nd-round draft pick to New England for Patriots’ QB Jimmy Garoppolo, sources tell ESPN.

    49ers and Patriots began talking trade Monday morning and, by tonight, the trade was officially agreed upon. Garoppolo to San Francisco.

    Both from Adam Schefter on the twitter.

    In the farming world, it is well known that you never buy a horse from an Amishman.........

    In the NFL it is well known that you don't buy a horse from Bill Belichik.

    Ah, yes, the 49'ers. Wunderkind of talent acquisition.

  • @orion said:

    hmmm....quite interesting.  If I were the Patriots i would've traded Jimmy G and KEPT Brissett as my backup.  I mean, Brissett isn't headed toward FA any time soon.  -  If they didn't think Jimmy G was their future...or that they didn't want to franchise him as a backup...but trading them BOTH away in the same season??  That's a little odd.

    Brissett isn't their future either.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #71

    @the-user-from-cleveland said:

    Brissett isn't their future either.

    Apparently not.  And he's not their backup either.  Who's their backup QB?

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #72

    I'm just so...underwhelmed.  I knew that trades were pretty rare this time of year, and I really didn't expect anything...but still...I guess a part of me was kind of hoping for something.  Just something that would help make the team a little more fun.  

    Even if we got JG, he'd still be throwing to the same people, but a part of me thinks that'd still result in a few possible wins.  I mean, look back at all the throws Kizer has missed for scores.  JG makes just half of those, and we probably have at least 1 win...probably more.  

  • D domcucch1994 wrote on last edited by
    #73

    BRING BACK HOYER!

  • @runyon27 said:

    Well I wonder why sending Hoyer over wasn't part of the deal, that leaves out any doubt, maybe the Pats have someone else in mind.

    pats probably don't want any part of his contract

    M MDDawg wrote on last edited by
    #74

    @stillmotion said:

    pats probably don't want any part of his contract

    Plus they'd lose a compensatory pick in a trade as opposed to signing him as a free agent.

  • @the-user-from-cleveland said:

    Brissett isn't their future either.

    Apparently not.  And he's not their backup either.  Who's their backup QB?

    T The User from Cleveland wrote on last edited by
    #75

    @orion said:

    Apparently not.  And he's not their backup either.  Who's their backup QB?

    Well, he is actually is their backup

  • Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #76

    .@JasonLaCanfora suggests on @CLETalkingHeads Jimmy G wasn't traded to #BrownsNFL_2017_CLEBrowns.png because McDaniels and Caserio will be new Coach and GM.

  • .@JasonLaCanfora suggests on @CLETalkingHeads Jimmy G wasn't traded to #BrownsNFL_2017_CLEBrowns.png because McDaniels and Caserio will be new Coach and GM.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #77

    @mark-o said:

    .@JasonLaCanfora suggests on @CLETalkingHeads Jimmy G wasn't traded to #BrownsNFL_2017_CLEBrowns.png because McDaniels and Caserio will be new Coach and GM.

    New coach and GM of who?  Browns?  Pats? 49ers?

    And isn't Garrapolo a FA at the end of this year.   Which means that he may not in fact have to stay on with the 49ers, fair to say?  Unless they franchise him.

    But I don't see why the 9ers would give up a 2d round pick for just a half season rental.  I guess they must intend to negotiate with him to stay there....and barring that, to franchise him.

  • @mark-o said:

    .@JasonLaCanfora suggests on @CLETalkingHeads Jimmy G wasn't traded to #BrownsNFL_2017_CLEBrowns.png because McDaniels and Caserio will be new Coach and GM.

    New coach and GM of who?  Browns?  Pats? 49ers?

    And isn't Garrapolo a FA at the end of this year.   Which means that he may not in fact have to stay on with the 49ers, fair to say?  Unless they franchise him.

    But I don't see why the 9ers would give up a 2d round pick for just a half season rental.  I guess they must intend to negotiate with him to stay there....and barring that, to franchise him.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #78

    @the-gipper said:

    New coach and GM of who?  Browns?  Pats? 49ers?

    And isn't Garrapolo a FA at the end of this year.   Which means that he may not in fact have to stay on with the 49ers, fair to say?  Unless they franchise him.

    But I don't see why the 9ers would give up a 2d round pick for just a half season rental.  I guess they must intend to negotiate with him to stay there....and barring that, to franchise him.

    I would say the Browns....and I'm sure they will franchise him unless he sucks for the next 8 games.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #79

    Also.....I heard that this deal left the Pats without a single other QB on their roster, not even on the PS, other than Brady.

    So...who is coming in to back up Brady.

    Could, perhaps, the K word be in play there?