Skip to content

The... I am batting (maybe alone) for the front office thread

The Browns Board
383 44 9.1k 1
  • @mark-o said:

    The offense would probably still suck, but it would be hard for that defense to not be good not only on paper (and pretty stats) but on the field as well. 

    When Pettine and Farmer took over I was hoping it was to build a great defense and then try and piece together an offense.  My fondest memories of the 1980s Browns wasn't Kosar but that blue collar defense who left opponents weary.  Instead we are now stuck with a brain trust who believes they've found a secret science that will revolutionize NFL front office decision making.  What I've seen thus far is the accumulation of picks, missed talent and quite frankly underachieving first round draft picks.

    @baconhound said:

    When Pettine and Farmer took over I was hoping it was to build a great defense and then try and piece together an offense.  My fondest memories of the 1980s Browns wasn't Kosar but that blue collar defense who left opponents weary.  Instead we are now stuck with a brain trust who believes they've found a secret science that will revolutionize NFL front office decision making.  What I've seen thus far is the accumulation of picks, missed talent and quite frankly underachieving first round draft picks.

    I also think that would've been the best way to fans hearts as well.   The fans want wins of course...but if the team has an ass kicking defense (on the field, not in the stats) that would be a team that is fun to watch while the offense comes around.  The 80's teams were built on defense first.

  • @wargograw said:

    @stillmotion said:

    Correct. What you quoted is my answer. And it is perfectly sound logic. I don't know that our way will work (though I could toss out some positive points for it). But I know and have observed multiple times that everyone else's way will not. 

    You said, I could answer, BUT

    You didn't answer, just dodged the question like a politician

    @stillmotion said:

    You said, I could answer, BUT

    You didn't answer, just dodged the question like a politician

    I've answered the question. 

    @baconhound said:

    Wow great comeback!

    I have said several times you have to give the front office and Hue at least one more year.  I have also said many times my solution would be taking the best available player at my draft position each year.

    2014 Kalil Mack, 2015 Danny Shelton, 2016 Joey Bosa, 2017 Myles Garret.

    I may have been wrong but I'd hope the defense would be rounding into shape and I could simply tell the fan base the team selected the best talent they thought was available.

    Don't say you support them when you stoke the anger of everyone to get them fired. That's such crap.

  • Good read comparing Browns to Astros and 76ers.  You know the Astros -- the team that just won the World Series utilizing Sashi's "recipe."  Key elements:

    Three years as a league laughingstock
    A roster devoid of hope in year two of the rebuild
    Most fans become angry and/or apathetic
    Some terrible misses at the top of the draft
    Front Office makes some unforced errors
    Front Office will be perceived to be, at best, a public embarrassment
    Somebody is going to get fired
    Franchise cornerstones will emerge and inspire hope in year four
    Respectability in year four, playoffs in year five

  • Good read comparing Browns to Astros and 76ers.  You know the Astros -- the team that just won the World Series utilizing Sashi's "recipe."  Key elements:

    Three years as a league laughingstock
    A roster devoid of hope in year two of the rebuild
    Most fans become angry and/or apathetic
    Some terrible misses at the top of the draft
    Front Office makes some unforced errors
    Front Office will be perceived to be, at best, a public embarrassment
    Somebody is going to get fired
    Franchise cornerstones will emerge and inspire hope in year four
    Respectability in year four, playoffs in year five

    @unsympathetic said:

    Good read comparing Browns to Astros and 76ers.  You know the Astros -- the team that just won the World Series utilizing Sashi's "recipe."  Key elements:

    Three years as a league laughingstock
    A roster devoid of hope in year two of the rebuild
    Most fans become angry and/or apathetic
    Some terrible misses at the top of the draft
    Front Office makes some unforced errors
    Front Office will be perceived to be, at best, a public embarrassment
    Somebody is going to get fired
    Franchise cornerstones will emerge and inspire hope in year four
    Respectability in year four, playoffs in year five

    MLB = NFL ok

  • @stillmotion said:

    You said, I could answer, BUT

    You didn't answer, just dodged the question like a politician

    I've answered the question. 

    @baconhound said:

    Wow great comeback!

    I have said several times you have to give the front office and Hue at least one more year.  I have also said many times my solution would be taking the best available player at my draft position each year.

    2014 Kalil Mack, 2015 Danny Shelton, 2016 Joey Bosa, 2017 Myles Garret.

    I may have been wrong but I'd hope the defense would be rounding into shape and I could simply tell the fan base the team selected the best talent they thought was available.

    Don't say you support them when you stoke the anger of everyone to get them fired. That's such crap.

    @wargograw said:

    I've answered the question. 

    Don't say you support them when you stoke the anger of everyone to get them fired. That's such crap.

    There is a difference between holding them accountable, criticizing and calling for them to be fired.  I've been critical of many of their moves and their public persona but do not want them fired this year.  I have said in many threads I'd give Sashi & Co next year and Hue two more to make significant progress.  I think Hue gets one more because I still don't see the talent necessary to be successful in the NFL.

  • @stillmotion said:

    You said, I could answer, BUT

    You didn't answer, just dodged the question like a politician

    I've answered the question. 

    @baconhound said:

    Wow great comeback!

    I have said several times you have to give the front office and Hue at least one more year.  I have also said many times my solution would be taking the best available player at my draft position each year.

    2014 Kalil Mack, 2015 Danny Shelton, 2016 Joey Bosa, 2017 Myles Garret.

    I may have been wrong but I'd hope the defense would be rounding into shape and I could simply tell the fan base the team selected the best talent they thought was available.

    Don't say you support them when you stoke the anger of everyone to get them fired. That's such crap.

    @wargograw said:

    I've answered the question. 

    Then pull up a valid response. Let's see a quote. 

  • Good read comparing Browns to Astros and 76ers.  You know the Astros -- the team that just won the World Series utilizing Sashi's "recipe."  Key elements:

    Three years as a league laughingstock
    A roster devoid of hope in year two of the rebuild
    Most fans become angry and/or apathetic
    Some terrible misses at the top of the draft
    Front Office makes some unforced errors
    Front Office will be perceived to be, at best, a public embarrassment
    Somebody is going to get fired
    Franchise cornerstones will emerge and inspire hope in year four
    Respectability in year four, playoffs in year five

    @unsympathetic said:

    Good read comparing Browns to Astros and 76ers.  You know the Astros -- the team that just won the World Series utilizing Sashi's "recipe."  Key elements:

    Three years as a league laughingstock
    A roster devoid of hope in year two of the rebuild
    Most fans become angry and/or apathetic
    Some terrible misses at the top of the draft
    Front Office makes some unforced errors
    Front Office will be perceived to be, at best, a public embarrassment
    Somebody is going to get fired
    Franchise cornerstones will emerge and inspire hope in year four
    Respectability in year four, playoffs in year five

    From your linked article. . . 

    image.png.244e01982fb2d76f3334c15190c8cca0.png

  • Good read comparing Browns to Astros and 76ers.  You know the Astros -- the team that just won the World Series utilizing Sashi's "recipe."  Key elements:

    Three years as a league laughingstock
    A roster devoid of hope in year two of the rebuild
    Most fans become angry and/or apathetic
    Some terrible misses at the top of the draft
    Front Office makes some unforced errors
    Front Office will be perceived to be, at best, a public embarrassment
    Somebody is going to get fired
    Franchise cornerstones will emerge and inspire hope in year four
    Respectability in year four, playoffs in year five

    @unsympathetic said:

    Good read comparing Browns to Astros and 76ers.  You know the Astros -- the team that just won the World Series utilizing Sashi's "recipe."  Key elements:

    Three years as a league laughingstock
    A roster devoid of hope in year two of the rebuild
    Most fans become angry and/or apathetic
    Some terrible misses at the top of the draft
    Front Office makes some unforced errors
    Front Office will be perceived to be, at best, a public embarrassment
    Somebody is going to get fired
    Franchise cornerstones will emerge and inspire hope in year four
    Respectability in year four, playoffs in year five

    Here's the difference between baseball and football. The NFL is Not For Long. the average player's career doesn't last 5 years. Regarding the bold, it doesn't take "franchise cornerstones" anywhere close to 4 years in football to emerge. KMack, Bosa, LOL Wentz- you get the idea. 

    Not saying the whole thing is gonna get nuked again (though it's a possibility). Rumors are swirling again from inside sources, if this doesn't dramatically improve the last 8 games. But "the process" is gong to get tweaked at the very least. Most likely is Sashi (Mr. Number Cruncher) getting busted back to doing contracts, if not outright fired if he won't accept a demotion. As CD just said, he has no previous experience regarding talent evaluation, and pretty much sucked in his job in Jacksonville.  Bringing in a proven talent evaluator- and not promoting Grigson either, who took Richardson off our hands.  

  • @unsympathetic said:

    Good read comparing Browns to Astros and 76ers.  You know the Astros -- the team that just won the World Series utilizing Sashi's "recipe."  Key elements:

    Three years as a league laughingstock
    A roster devoid of hope in year two of the rebuild
    Most fans become angry and/or apathetic
    Some terrible misses at the top of the draft
    Front Office makes some unforced errors
    Front Office will be perceived to be, at best, a public embarrassment
    Somebody is going to get fired
    Franchise cornerstones will emerge and inspire hope in year four
    Respectability in year four, playoffs in year five

    Here's the difference between baseball and football. The NFL is Not For Long. the average player's career doesn't last 5 years. Regarding the bold, it doesn't take "franchise cornerstones" anywhere close to 4 years in football to emerge. KMack, Bosa, LOL Wentz- you get the idea. 

    Not saying the whole thing is gonna get nuked again (though it's a possibility). Rumors are swirling again from inside sources, if this doesn't dramatically improve the last 8 games. But "the process" is gong to get tweaked at the very least. Most likely is Sashi (Mr. Number Cruncher) getting busted back to doing contracts, if not outright fired if he won't accept a demotion. As CD just said, he has no previous experience regarding talent evaluation, and pretty much sucked in his job in Jacksonville.  Bringing in a proven talent evaluator- and not promoting Grigson either, who took Richardson off our hands.  

    @hoorta said:

    Here's the difference between baseball and football.

    😆😆

  • @unsympathetic said:

    Good read comparing Browns to Astros and 76ers.  You know the Astros -- the team that just won the World Series utilizing Sashi's "recipe."  Key elements:

    Three years as a league laughingstock
    A roster devoid of hope in year two of the rebuild
    Most fans become angry and/or apathetic
    Some terrible misses at the top of the draft
    Front Office makes some unforced errors
    Front Office will be perceived to be, at best, a public embarrassment
    Somebody is going to get fired
    Franchise cornerstones will emerge and inspire hope in year four
    Respectability in year four, playoffs in year five

    Here's the difference between baseball and football. The NFL is Not For Long. the average player's career doesn't last 5 years. Regarding the bold, it doesn't take "franchise cornerstones" anywhere close to 4 years in football to emerge. KMack, Bosa, LOL Wentz- you get the idea. 

    Not saying the whole thing is gonna get nuked again (though it's a possibility). Rumors are swirling again from inside sources, if this doesn't dramatically improve the last 8 games. But "the process" is gong to get tweaked at the very least. Most likely is Sashi (Mr. Number Cruncher) getting busted back to doing contracts, if not outright fired if he won't accept a demotion. As CD just said, he has no previous experience regarding talent evaluation, and pretty much sucked in his job in Jacksonville.  Bringing in a proven talent evaluator- and not promoting Grigson either, who took Richardson off our hands.  

    @hoorta said:

    Here's the difference between baseball and football. The NFL is Not For Long. the average player's career doesn't last 5 years. Regarding the bold, it doesn't take "franchise cornerstones" anywhere close to 4 years in football to emerge. KMack, Bosa, LOL Wentz- you get the idea. 

    Not saying the whole thing is gonna get nuked again (though it's a possibility). Rumors are swirling again from inside sources, if this doesn't dramatically improve the last 8 games. But "the process" is gong to get tweaked at the very least. Most likely is Sashi (Mr. Number Cruncher) getting busted back to doing contracts, if not outright fired if he won't accept a demotion. As CD just said, he has no previous experience regarding talent evaluation, and pretty much sucked in his job in Jacksonville.  Bringing in a proven talent evaluator- and not promoting Grigson either, who took Richardson off our hands.  

    I've listened to this guy do preseason tv analysis that was pretty spot on. He bleeds brown and orange. He talks like he took a few shots while he played but his mind is keen. He even has a new book out. Get Bernie in the FO to at least evaluate the talent. He certainly can't do any worse than this 0 for mess.

  • Astros also signed their franchise qb type player when they signed Verlander. 

  • Astros also signed their franchise qb type player when they signed Verlander. 

    @sd_tom said:

    Astros also signed their franchise qb type player when they signed Verlander. 

    @sd_tom said:

    Astros also signed their franchise qb type player when they signed Verlander. 

    Verlander did a great job, but he is far from that.

  • Astros didn't "sign" verlander. They traded from their incredibly deep farm system which took years to develop, hence the 3 years of 100+ losses and trading away most of their veterans. Not to mention, all the young players developed together under one system and when the time was right to add veteran players such as Beltran, McCann and Verlander they had the depth and financial flexibility to sign or trade for whomever they wanted. Another team utilized the same exact philosophy a few years ago, they were called the Chicago Cubs. Hmmm..this process sounds eerily similar to what the Browns have SAID THEY ARE DOING FOR THE LAST 1.5 YEARS!!!!!! Yes, FB and Baseball are different sports, but the metrics themselves are fairly similar. The Browns aren't going to get stud players in every round they draft. But what they want are very good quality players to support and occasionally play at high levels. This is what you are seeing in guys like Nassib, Schobert, Kirksey, Calhoun, etc. They are not stars but they are showing very good potential once stars are added ie Garrett, Collins. 

    Adam Berry is the talent evaluator, technically. Personally, I think he has done an excellent job. The "overall talent on this roster is significantly better than it was in the past 4 years. Everyone complains about the WR misses, but this is exactly why the browns have lots of draft picks. So when they miss, and every franchise does, it isn't a franchise killer. The biggest miss has been the Qb's but that falls directly on Hue. He was brought in here to evaluate the qb's. The team has said that numerous times, that his opinion is the deciding factor.  Yes, you could argue that the 1-23 record over the last 2 years as an indicator for not having talent on the roster. But Hue has blown least 3 games this year alone due to play calling and game management. This argument is completely different if the browns are 3-5 vs 0-8.

    I do feel they need one final person in the room to make the decision. A Football guy so to speak whether it is manning or the guy from Carolina, I don't know the right answer. I think it would help break the tie but most importantly it would STOP THE HASLAMS FROM MEDDLING!! this is the biggest issue. Jimmah and Dee can not and should not have any say in who is on this fb team (outside of personal conduct stuff). PERIOD. If they fire this regime, it is the same old crap once again and they still don't realize they are part of the problem.

  • Astros didn't "sign" verlander. They traded from their incredibly deep farm system which took years to develop, hence the 3 years of 100+ losses and trading away most of their veterans. Not to mention, all the young players developed together under one system and when the time was right to add veteran players such as Beltran, McCann and Verlander they had the depth and financial flexibility to sign or trade for whomever they wanted. Another team utilized the same exact philosophy a few years ago, they were called the Chicago Cubs. Hmmm..this process sounds eerily similar to what the Browns have SAID THEY ARE DOING FOR THE LAST 1.5 YEARS!!!!!! Yes, FB and Baseball are different sports, but the metrics themselves are fairly similar. The Browns aren't going to get stud players in every round they draft. But what they want are very good quality players to support and occasionally play at high levels. This is what you are seeing in guys like Nassib, Schobert, Kirksey, Calhoun, etc. They are not stars but they are showing very good potential once stars are added ie Garrett, Collins. 

    Adam Berry is the talent evaluator, technically. Personally, I think he has done an excellent job. The "overall talent on this roster is significantly better than it was in the past 4 years. Everyone complains about the WR misses, but this is exactly why the browns have lots of draft picks. So when they miss, and every franchise does, it isn't a franchise killer. The biggest miss has been the Qb's but that falls directly on Hue. He was brought in here to evaluate the qb's. The team has said that numerous times, that his opinion is the deciding factor.  Yes, you could argue that the 1-23 record over the last 2 years as an indicator for not having talent on the roster. But Hue has blown least 3 games this year alone due to play calling and game management. This argument is completely different if the browns are 3-5 vs 0-8.

    I do feel they need one final person in the room to make the decision. A Football guy so to speak whether it is manning or the guy from Carolina, I don't know the right answer. I think it would help break the tie but most importantly it would STOP THE HASLAMS FROM MEDDLING!! this is the biggest issue. Jimmah and Dee can not and should not have any say in who is on this fb team (outside of personal conduct stuff). PERIOD. If they fire this regime, it is the same old crap once again and they still don't realize they are part of the problem.

    @bigalow80 said:

    If they fire this regime, it is the same old crap once again and they still don't realize they are part of the problem.

    News flash, it IS the same old crap once again.

  • Astros didn't "sign" verlander. They traded from their incredibly deep farm system which took years to develop, hence the 3 years of 100+ losses and trading away most of their veterans. Not to mention, all the young players developed together under one system and when the time was right to add veteran players such as Beltran, McCann and Verlander they had the depth and financial flexibility to sign or trade for whomever they wanted. Another team utilized the same exact philosophy a few years ago, they were called the Chicago Cubs. Hmmm..this process sounds eerily similar to what the Browns have SAID THEY ARE DOING FOR THE LAST 1.5 YEARS!!!!!! Yes, FB and Baseball are different sports, but the metrics themselves are fairly similar. The Browns aren't going to get stud players in every round they draft. But what they want are very good quality players to support and occasionally play at high levels. This is what you are seeing in guys like Nassib, Schobert, Kirksey, Calhoun, etc. They are not stars but they are showing very good potential once stars are added ie Garrett, Collins. 

    Adam Berry is the talent evaluator, technically. Personally, I think he has done an excellent job. The "overall talent on this roster is significantly better than it was in the past 4 years. Everyone complains about the WR misses, but this is exactly why the browns have lots of draft picks. So when they miss, and every franchise does, it isn't a franchise killer. The biggest miss has been the Qb's but that falls directly on Hue. He was brought in here to evaluate the qb's. The team has said that numerous times, that his opinion is the deciding factor.  Yes, you could argue that the 1-23 record over the last 2 years as an indicator for not having talent on the roster. But Hue has blown least 3 games this year alone due to play calling and game management. This argument is completely different if the browns are 3-5 vs 0-8.

    I do feel they need one final person in the room to make the decision. A Football guy so to speak whether it is manning or the guy from Carolina, I don't know the right answer. I think it would help break the tie but most importantly it would STOP THE HASLAMS FROM MEDDLING!! this is the biggest issue. Jimmah and Dee can not and should not have any say in who is on this fb team (outside of personal conduct stuff). PERIOD. If they fire this regime, it is the same old crap once again and they still don't realize they are part of the problem.

    @bigalow80 said:

    Astros didn't "sign" verlander. They traded from their incredibly deep farm system which took years to develop, hence the 3 years of 100+ losses and trading away most of their veterans. Not to mention, all the young players developed together under one system and when the time was right to add veteran players such as Beltran, McCann and Verlander they had the depth and financial flexibility to sign or trade for whomever they wanted. Another team utilized the same exact philosophy a few years ago, they were called the Chicago Cubs. Hmmm..this process sounds eerily similar to what the Browns have SAID THEY ARE DOING FOR THE LAST 1.5 YEARS!!!!!! Yes, FB and Baseball are different sports, but the metrics themselves are fairly similar. The Browns aren't going to get stud players in every round they draft. But what they want are very good quality players to support and occasionally play at high levels. This is what you are seeing in guys like Nassib, Schobert, Kirksey, Calhoun, etc. They are not stars but they are showing very good potential once stars are added ie Garrett, Collins. 

    Adam Berry is the talent evaluator, technically. Personally, I think he has done an excellent job. The "overall talent on this roster is significantly better than it was in the past 4 years. Everyone complains about the WR misses, but this is exactly why the browns have lots of draft picks. So when they miss, and every franchise does, it isn't a franchise killer. The biggest miss has been the Qb's but that falls directly on Hue. He was brought in here to evaluate the qb's. The team has said that numerous times, that his opinion is the deciding factor.  Yes, you could argue that the 1-23 record over the last 2 years as an indicator for not having talent on the roster. But Hue has blown least 3 games this year alone due to play calling and game management. This argument is completely different if the browns are 3-5 vs 0-8.

    I do feel they need one final person in the room to make the decision. A Football guy so to speak whether it is manning or the guy from Carolina, I don't know the right answer. I think it would help break the tie but most importantly it would STOP THE HASLAMS FROM MEDDLING!! this is the biggest issue. Jimmah and Dee can not and should not have any say in who is on this fb team (outside of personal conduct stuff). PERIOD. If they fire this regime, it is the same old crap once again and they still don't realize they are part of the problem.

    Problem is- in football you don't have a "farm System" to trade assets from. You can trade players on your roster. & trading starters, lol releasing them, or allowing them to walk in FA only weakens it- like Mack, Schwartz, Haden, Travis Benjamin, and Tashaun Gipson. You've just created holes that you're trying to fill with all those bonus draft picks. Zero sum game, unless your goal was to have the youngest roster in the NFL. Latest case in point- the Patriots took less from the 49ers than we were willing to gift the Bengals for McCarron. And regarding Hue- he has no business evaluating QBs- not after RG III, Kessler that we took a couple rounds too high, Kizer (who's currently looking like a bust), and overvaluing McCarron. 

    DePodesta should have stuck to baseball, stuck his foot in mouth royally when he said "we didn't think Wentz would be a top 20 QB in the NFL". Correct Paul- he's going to be top 5. The Eagles might send him and Sashi great big Christmas presents for screwing that one up royally. 

    It's been said ad nauseum around here- the Browns have been such a big dumpster fire of late- it won't matter how much money you try and throw at the top FAs, they'll take less to play with a proven winner. 

    Building through the draft is going to be a long painful process. We probably hit on our first three guys in the first round. Yay, but Garrett was a no-brainer.  Going to need Um 3\22 years at that rate to be a consistent winner. No Front Office in the history of the NFL has been given that long to turn things around. You'd have to have your head completely stuck in the sand to not realize the vultures are already circling over Lou Groza Boulevard. 

  • @bigalow80 said:

    If they fire this regime, it is the same old crap once again and they still don't realize they are part of the problem.

    News flash, it IS the same old crap once again.

    @canton-dawg said:

    News flash, it IS the same old crap once again.

    We've been though a bunch of blowups, but our new and different approach is bordering on historically bad. They can save their jobs by winning (pick a number)of games out of the last 8.  

  • @canton-dawg said:

    News flash, it IS the same old crap once again.

    We've been though a bunch of blowups, but our new and different approach is bordering on historically bad. They can save their jobs by winning (pick a number)of games out of the last 8.  

    @hoorta said:

    We've been though a bunch of blowups, but our new and different approach is bordering on historically bad. They can save their jobs by winning (pick a number)of games out of the last 8.  

    I attended my first Browns game in 1967, and I can honestly say I’ve never seen a worse team in my life than this one.

    This team is bad on an epic level...please blow it up.

  • @wargograw said:

    I've answered the question. 

    Then pull up a valid response. Let's see a quote. 

    @stillmotion said:

    Then pull up a valid response. Let's see a quote. 

    Geez you're killing me. First off I already answered the question, both on this thread and others. I'm not responsible for you not being able to follow my points, my friend.

    What you're asking me with your question is why we should keep Sashi. You may phrase it another way and think you're asking me something else, but you're not. And I told you why we should keep Sashi. As for why I think his plan will work, it's because he is loading the roster with talented young players and this has the makings of a very solid and stable roster once it gets some experience. I like his draft savvy as far as all the trades and I like that he's gotten draft value for the bums we had to get rid of (Erving, Mingo, Gilbert, the punter, etc.). 

  • @stillmotion said:

    Then pull up a valid response. Let's see a quote. 

    Geez you're killing me. First off I already answered the question, both on this thread and others. I'm not responsible for you not being able to follow my points, my friend.

    What you're asking me with your question is why we should keep Sashi. You may phrase it another way and think you're asking me something else, but you're not. And I told you why we should keep Sashi. As for why I think his plan will work, it's because he is loading the roster with talented young players and this has the makings of a very solid and stable roster once it gets some experience. I like his draft savvy as far as all the trades and I like that he's gotten draft value for the bums we had to get rid of (Erving, Mingo, Gilbert, the punter, etc.). 

    @wargograw said:

    Geez you're killing me. First off I already answered the question, both on this thread and others. I'm not responsible for you not being able to follow my points, my friend.

    What you're asking me with your question is why we should keep Sashi. You may phrase it another way and think you're asking me something else, but you're not. And I told you why we should keep Sashi. As for why I think his plan will work, it's because he is loading the roster with talented young players and this has the makings of a very solid and stable roster once it gets some experience. I like his draft savvy as far as all the trades and I like that he's gotten draft value for the bums we had to get rid of (Erving, Mingo, Gilbert, the punter, etc.). 

    - How are you sure under the current situation the plan will likely work?

    He's made solid moves, and he's made moves that are questionable. However, I think a change is needed and We need to add ANOTHER guy to the mix. I don't see how it would hurt us. If Hue and Sashi really are fighting a lot now, I don't see how they can co-exist if they have a different idea of the plan. If they aren't fighting and everything is fine (which seems unlikely), then hopefully we'll make some better picks next year. I've heard a report from The Browns reddit and Peter King that he had information that Jimmy wants to get rid of Sashi after this season and keep Hue. https://twitter.com/wfnycraig/status/928992242932600832
    Craig Lyndall@WFNYCraig
    Peter King thinks that Hue Jackson is going to keep his job. He’s not so sure about Sashi Brown.… instagram.com/p/BbUWbX8lmUf/
    . By No means do I like this idea, I just think we need a person for the front office and coaches to work with that has experience with talent. Someone that wants us to win and has a passion, and can help us get a decent QB. Sashi and Depo don't have the right amount of experience drafting, and another dude who knows what he's doing would help our team, and the "process" succeed.  However, I think both Hue and Sashi are too arrogant to admit they are in over their heads. Sashi with drafting and Hue with controlling the OC duties and being HC.
  • @wargograw said:

    Geez you're killing me. First off I already answered the question, both on this thread and others. I'm not responsible for you not being able to follow my points, my friend.

    What you're asking me with your question is why we should keep Sashi. You may phrase it another way and think you're asking me something else, but you're not. And I told you why we should keep Sashi. As for why I think his plan will work, it's because he is loading the roster with talented young players and this has the makings of a very solid and stable roster once it gets some experience. I like his draft savvy as far as all the trades and I like that he's gotten draft value for the bums we had to get rid of (Erving, Mingo, Gilbert, the punter, etc.). 

    - How are you sure under the current situation the plan will likely work?

    He's made solid moves, and he's made moves that are questionable. However, I think a change is needed and We need to add ANOTHER guy to the mix. I don't see how it would hurt us. If Hue and Sashi really are fighting a lot now, I don't see how they can co-exist if they have a different idea of the plan. If they aren't fighting and everything is fine (which seems unlikely), then hopefully we'll make some better picks next year. I've heard a report from The Browns reddit and Peter King that he had information that Jimmy wants to get rid of Sashi after this season and keep Hue. https://twitter.com/wfnycraig/status/928992242932600832
    Craig Lyndall@WFNYCraig
    Peter King thinks that Hue Jackson is going to keep his job. He’s not so sure about Sashi Brown.… instagram.com/p/BbUWbX8lmUf/
    . By No means do I like this idea, I just think we need a person for the front office and coaches to work with that has experience with talent. Someone that wants us to win and has a passion, and can help us get a decent QB. Sashi and Depo don't have the right amount of experience drafting, and another dude who knows what he's doing would help our team, and the "process" succeed.  However, I think both Hue and Sashi are too arrogant to admit they are in over their heads. Sashi with drafting and Hue with controlling the OC duties and being HC.

    @stillmotion said:

    - How are you sure under the current situation the plan will likely work?

    Sashi with drafting and Hue with controlling the OC duties and being HC.

    I don't understand why anyone can argue about adding to what we have and not blowing the whole thing up if you really want to give it the best chance to work. We already know blowing up does not work so what the hell. Improve the "process" by adding to the mix and see what happens through at least the minimum 3 years. If it still looks like another 1 or 2 win season next year then you can blow it all to hell and ship it to Mexico City.