Skip to content

The... I am batting (maybe alone) for the front office thread

The Browns Board
383 44 9.2k 1
  • @tour2ma said:

    Again.... when there is no consensus player worth the pick, the pick is traded.

    It is really that easy.

    Wow..... In my everyday life for 49yrs I know how hard it is to get just three people to agree on anything, much less 5, 8, 11.... Guess we should look for many more trades throughout the life of The Process.

    FWIW, it was Sashi himself who said he had 'final say' when Hue was hired/introduced in what seems like a lifetime ago.... 

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by

    @d-bone said:

    Wow..... In my everyday life for 49yrs I know how hard it is to get just three people to agree on anything, much less 5, 8, 11.... Guess we should look for many more trades throughout the life of The Process.

    FWIW, it was Sashi himself who said he had 'final say' when Hue was hired/introduced in what seems like a lifetime ago.... 

    Maybe you've identified the real problem.  Nobody makes decisions, and suffers the consequences, in the Browns organization.  

  • @d-bone said:

    Wow..... In my everyday life for 49yrs I know how hard it is to get just three people to agree on anything, much less 5, 8, 11.... Guess we should look for many more trades throughout the life of The Process.

    FWIW, it was Sashi himself who said he had 'final say' when Hue was hired/introduced in what seems like a lifetime ago.... 

    Maybe you've identified the real problem.  Nobody makes decisions, and suffers the consequences, in the Browns organization.  

    stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by

    @baconhound said:

    Maybe you've identified the real problem.  Nobody makes decisions, and suffers the consequences, in the Browns organization.  

    no one seems even remotely worried about their job. even kenny britt.

  • @baconhound said:

    Maybe you've identified the real problem.  Nobody makes decisions, and suffers the consequences, in the Browns organization.  

    no one seems even remotely worried about their job. even kenny britt.

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by

    @stillmotion said:

    no one seems even remotely worried about their job. even kenny britt.

    At least with Pettine there was a crazy look and a depressed look.  The current regime has a Socky, "don't worry we got this" facade. 

  • @stillmotion said:

    no one seems even remotely worried about their job. even kenny britt.

    At least with Pettine there was a crazy look and a depressed look.  The current regime has a Socky, "don't worry we got this" facade. 

    stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by

    @baconhound said:

    At least with Pettine there was a crazy look and a depressed look.  The current regime has a Socky, "don't worry we got this" facade. 

    Well, Pettine hated losing more then Hue. I swear, if Hue gives that stupid "I came here to win" speech that he gives every single week again, I'll lose it.

  • @baconhound said:

    At least with Pettine there was a crazy look and a depressed look.  The current regime has a Socky, "don't worry we got this" facade. 

    Well, Pettine hated losing more then Hue. I swear, if Hue gives that stupid "I came here to win" speech that he gives every single week again, I'll lose it.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @stillmotion said:

    Well, Pettine hated losing more then Hue. I swear, if Hue gives that stupid "I came here to win" speech that he gives every single week again, I'll lose it.

    He should throw a curveball, "I came here to lose until I start winning."

  • @stillmotion said:

    Well, Pettine hated losing more then Hue. I swear, if Hue gives that stupid "I came here to win" speech that he gives every single week again, I'll lose it.

    He should throw a curveball, "I came here to lose until I start winning."

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    He should throw a curveball, "I came here to lose until I start winning."

    "I have perfected the art of losing"...

  • @texasag1969 said:

    He should throw a curveball, "I came here to lose until I start winning."

    "I have perfected the art of losing"...

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @baconhound said:

    "I have perfected the art of losing"...

    I feel a book deal coming out of this, "The Art Of Losing" by Hue Jackson and Sushi Brown

  • @baconhound said:

    "I have perfected the art of losing"...

    I feel a book deal coming out of this, "The Art Of Losing" by Hue Jackson and Sushi Brown

    stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by stillmotion

    @texasag1969 said:

    I feel a book deal coming out of this, "The Art Of Losing" by Hue Jackson and Sushi Brown

    "I lost" by Hue Jackson "How to con a redneck" by Sashi Brown

  • Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by

    Well with the Giants being ass raped by the 49ers....we are very nearly on the clock for the #1 overall pick. 

  • Well with the Giants being ass raped by the 49ers....we are very nearly on the clock for the #1 overall pick. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @mark-o said:

    Well with the Giants being butt raped by the 49ers....we are very nearly on the clock for the #1 overall pick. 

    But the Giants only have one win too so they are tied for second within reach of a brilliant Hue redzone playcall.

    So yes, we're safely in first.😛

  • Well with the Giants being ass raped by the 49ers....we are very nearly on the clock for the #1 overall pick. 

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by

    @mark-o said:

    Well with the Giants being butt raped by the 49ers....we are very nearly on the clock for the #1 overall pick. 

    Which will be Sam Darold.  Then by week 7 next year when the team is 1-6 and he is underachieving, we will here how the departure of Joe Thomas weakened the O-Line so much Tom Brady wouldn't be successful.

  • @stillmotion said:

    Well, Pettine hated losing more then Hue. I swear, if Hue gives that stupid "I came here to win" speech that he gives every single week again, I'll lose it.

    He should throw a curveball, "I came here to lose until I start winning."

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    He should throw a curveball, "I came here to lose until I start winning."

    Some people here would cheer for that.

  • @mark-o said:

    Well with the Giants being butt raped by the 49ers....we are very nearly on the clock for the #1 overall pick. 

    Which will be Sam Darold.  Then by week 7 next year when the team is 1-6 and he is underachieving, we will here how the departure of Joe Thomas weakened the O-Line so much Tom Brady wouldn't be successful.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by D Bone

    @baconhound said:

    Which will be Sam Darold.  Then by week 7 next year when the team is 1-6 and he is underachieving, we will here how the departure of Joe Thomas weakened the O-Line so much Tom Brady wouldn't be successful.

    SWEET!! We already have 1 win in the 7 games?? The Process works after all!

  • @stillmotion said:

    Well, Pettine hated losing more then Hue. I swear, if Hue gives that stupid "I came here to win" speech that he gives every single week again, I'll lose it.

    He should throw a curveball, "I came here to lose until I start winning."

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    He should throw a curveball, "I came here to lose until I start winning."

    You can punch me in the face until your hands broke!

  • @texasag1969 said:

    He should throw a curveball, "I came here to lose until I start winning."

    You can punch me in the face until your hands broke!

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    You can punch me in the face until your hands broke!

    Wasn't that a skit on Big Chuck?

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

  • @tour2ma said:

    Again.... when there is no consensus player worth the pick, the pick is traded.

    It is really that easy.

    Wow..... In my everyday life for 49yrs I know how hard it is to get just three people to agree on anything, much less 5, 8, 11.... Guess we should look for many more trades throughout the life of The Process.

    FWIW, it was Sashi himself who said he had 'final say' when Hue was hired/introduced in what seems like a lifetime ago.... 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma

    @d-bone said:

    Wow..... In my everyday life for 49yrs I know how hard it is to get just three people to agree on anything, much less 5, 8, 11.... Guess we should look for many more trades throughout the life of The Process.

    FWIW, it was Sashi himself who said he had 'final say' when Hue was hired/introduced in what seems like a lifetime ago.... 

    "Wow"... after all this time you still cannot grasp the concept of consensus decision making. I have no idea what the 2nd half of your opening means.

    BTW... that concept does not exclude the idea of the process empowering a person with the "final say"... it simply defines the placement of that say and what it is based upon. The statement by Sashi, one which you are fond of recalling, simply says that he, not Hue, leads the player selection process in which Hue has a role, but for which Hue does not have responsibility.

    As for the number of people... best I can tell it is likely capped at 5 rather than starting at 5.

  • @d-bone said:

    Wow..... In my everyday life for 49yrs I know how hard it is to get just three people to agree on anything, much less 5, 8, 11.... Guess we should look for many more trades throughout the life of The Process.

    FWIW, it was Sashi himself who said he had 'final say' when Hue was hired/introduced in what seems like a lifetime ago.... 

    "Wow"... after all this time you still cannot grasp the concept of consensus decision making. I have no idea what the 2nd half of your opening means.

    BTW... that concept does not exclude the idea of the process empowering a person with the "final say"... it simply defines the placement of that say and what it is based upon. The statement by Sashi, one which you are fond of recalling, simply says that he, not Hue, leads the player selection process in which Hue has a role, but for which Hue does not have responsibility.

    As for the number of people... best I can tell it is likely capped at 5 rather than starting at 5.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    "Wow"... after all this time you still cannot grasp the concept of consensus decision making. I have no idea what the 2nd half of your opening means.

    BTW... that concept does not exclude the idea of the process empowering a person with the "final say"... it simply defines the placement of that say and what it is based upon. The statement by Sashi, one which you are fond of recalling, simply says that he, not Hue, leads the player selection process in which Hue has a role, but for which Hue does not have responsibility.

    I guess I don't grasp it T.... Never said I did though, and that's why I was asking questions about what you think it means because I have no idea. 

    2nd half means that I'm expecting a lot more trades because in my life, consensuses are hard to come by and usually result in everyone saying "someone just make a decision"! Maybe it's just me and everyone around me? 😉

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    lol... getting a lil frayed here... sorry if I throw undeserved testy your way from time to time.

    Part of the beauty of the process is that decisions are not easy. Picking Wheezy was "easy"... ditto for JFF... living with results of those picks was not. The goal, our goal, Sashi's goal, is to continuously increase the quality of the decisions the process produces.

  • lol... getting a lil frayed here... sorry if I throw undeserved testy your way from time to time.

    Part of the beauty of the process is that decisions are not easy. Picking Wheezy was "easy"... ditto for JFF... living with results of those picks was not. The goal, our goal, Sashi's goal, is to continuously increase the quality of the decisions the process produces.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by D Bone

    @tour2ma said:

    lol... getting a lil frayed here... sorry if I throw undeserved testy your way from time to time.

    Part of the beauty of the process is that decisions are not easy. Picking Wheezy was "easy"... ditto for JFF... living with results of those picks was not. The goal, our goal, Sashi's goal, is to continuously increase the quality of the decisions the process produces.

    Never any worries T, as I take nothing personal and the Browns could even make Gandhi irate....

    Give me your opinion on the following regarding a player acquisition: 

    FO Dude 1: I Love him! (Sashi)

    FO Dude 2: I hate him! (Hue)

    FO Dude 3: Whatever (Dude)

    FO Dude 4: He's pretty good (Dude)

    FO Dude 5: He's not very good (Dude) 

    ^ Extreme example I know, and I also know that if this was my friends and me, we would probably just play rock, paper, scissors, lizard, spock..... but what do you think happens in this case? I'm guessing that the Browns would sign him since Sashi loves him?