Skip to content

The... I am batting (maybe alone) for the front office thread

The Browns Board
383 44 9.2k 1
  • @tour2ma said:

    lol... getting a lil frayed here... sorry if I throw undeserved testy your way from time to time.

    Part of the beauty of the process is that decisions are not easy. Picking Wheezy was "easy"... ditto for JFF... living with results of those picks was not. The goal, our goal, Sashi's goal, is to continuously increase the quality of the decisions the process produces.

    Never any worries T, as I take nothing personal and the Browns could even make Gandhi irate....

    Give me your opinion on the following regarding a player acquisition: 

    FO Dude 1: I Love him! (Sashi)

    FO Dude 2: I hate him! (Hue)

    FO Dude 3: Whatever (Dude)

    FO Dude 4: He's pretty good (Dude)

    FO Dude 5: He's not very good (Dude) 

    ^ Extreme example I know, and I also know that if this was my friends and me, we would probably just play rock, paper, scissors, lizard, spock..... but what do you think happens in this case? I'm guessing that the Browns would sign him since Sashi loves him? 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @d-bone said:

    Never any worries T, as I take nothing personal and the Browns could even make Gandhi irate....

    Give me your opinion on the following regarding a player acquisition: 

    FO Dude 1: I Love him! (Sashi)

    FO Dude 2: I hate him! (Hue)

    FO Dude 3: Whatever (Dude)

    FO Dude 4: He's pretty good (Dude)

    FO Dude 5: He's not very good (Dude) 

    ^ Extreme example I know, and I also know that if this was my friends and me, we would probably just play rock, paper, scissors, lizard, spock..... but what do you think happens in this case? I'm guessing that the Browns would sign him since Sashi loves him? 

    Just lost a growing write up... too late too tired to restart it now. See ya in the AM... but a partial preview is in the strikethru above and these links...

    http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/front-office.html

    http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/coaches.html

  • Royce, are you dying? I’ll be praying for you if so. 

    R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by

    @wargograw said:

    Royce, are you dying? I’ll be praying for you if so. 

    I’m just guessing because I’m 6’10 and have spent most of my life burning my candle at both ends. There’s probably a heart attack or stroke waiting around the corner. Furthermore, if I suffer a serious injury or disease I’ll probably just run the car in the garage and cut class early, but I’ll be hoping the browns can turn it around until that happens. 

  • @hoorta said:

     the dysfunctionality of the entire organization at this point is truly breathtaking. 

    Maybe the fact that they couldn’t get the trade done for a 4th backup qb could read as disfunctionality, but apart from that I feel that this team has been doing everything they’ve set out to do. They said it would be a few years before they’d be able to compete, and that they were more focused on building a team that is easier to play QB for. This defense has been improving, the team is solid in the trenches on both sides due to the moves this FO Has made. Mid round guys like Coleman and Drango are holding their own. acquiring Tretter and Zeitler has also worked out. Ogbah is the highest rated DE for stopping the run, Garrett is a legit star even though , God forbid, he’s had to deal with a minor injury (still some are drowning in dreadful snotty tears that the Browns didn’t draft the guy who blew his leg up by running on grass). Ogunjobi, Collins, Calhoun, Mccourty, Njoku etc.

    while there are certainly the growing pains that everyone expected, this team is still a far better environment for the QB, it just isn’t showing yet because literally every team on the browns schedule this season has a shitload more experience than the Browns. I know we all want these 21-22 year old kids to come into the league and outplay second-third contract players who know what it takes to win in the NFL, but that’s the equivalent of playing the lottery in lieu of a retirement fund. 

    The latest presser the FO said that they would be aggressive in solving the QB situation, and now it’s time.  If they can deliver the QB everything will be fine and no one will admit to crying for a house cleaning. The truth is the great Belicheck stumbled butt first into a franchise QB and then drafted a shitload of guys who don’t belong in the league, that’s how it goes. This team is doing things the same way as belicheck except they haven’t lucked into a 6th round HOF QB. That really is the line in the sand that separates belicheck getting his salad tossed by ESPN 24/7 and a bunch of entitled children complaining because they miss rooting for a 3 win team.  If the FO can’t make good in their goal to bring in a QB, then we can go back to the tried and true method of bringing in janitors and coffee fetchers to restore the luster of 4-12 seasons as far as the eye can see. 

    BTW, while I turned 32 last Monday, I still probably only have about 8-9 years left in the tank, so I’m in the same boat as a lot of you old heads.  

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @roycerolls said:

    BTW, while I turned 32 last Monday, I still probably only have about 8-9 years left in the tank, so I’m in the same boat as a lot of you old heads.  

    Just gave my son-in-law his 40th birthday card this weekend. It was all black with white lettering which on the outside read "Everyone gets to be young just once in their life". Inside it read, "Your turn is over".  LOL!😛

  • hx214H hx214 wrote on last edited by hx214

    Just heard on the 92.3 morning show that Daryl Ruiter (he's the Browns beat writer) tweeted out "Help is on the way!" he said he couldn't say anything but after the guys pushed him on it he said it was "help for the organization" so sounds like a front office addition? 

  • @flugel said:

    I still don't see any football experts with criteria to tell the difference between a Kessler and a Prescott or a Wentz vrs a trade down...

    The player evaluators are called "scouts" and, no, you can't see them...

    The "vs.tradedown" becomes a consideration only when the scouts are not able to agree/consense with the other evaluation tools on the worth of a prospect... any prospect... commensurate with the pick available.

    In the case of a FA, it is worth commensurate with price.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    The player evaluators are called "scouts" and, no, you can't see them...

    The "vs.tradedown" becomes a consideration only when the scouts are not able to agree/consense with the other evaluation tools on the worth of a prospect... any prospect... commensurate with the pick available.

    In the case of a FA, it is worth commensurate with price.

    Yay!  We have cub scouts and boy scouts in charge of evaluating QB and WR talent.  That explains 1-24 football with Legally Blind summarizing all their research in their final decisions.   We have the worst QBs and WR situation of 32 teams in a passing era.   

  • Just heard on the 92.3 morning show that Daryl Ruiter (he's the Browns beat writer) tweeted out "Help is on the way!" he said he couldn't say anything but after the guys pushed him on it he said it was "help for the organization" so sounds like a front office addition? 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969

    @hx214 said:

    Just heard on the 92.3 morning show that Darrell Ryder (he's the Browns beat writer) tweeted out "Help is on the way!" he said he couldn't say anything but after the guys pushed him on it he said it was "help for the organization" so sounds like a front office addition? 

    "Dear God. Please let it be Kubiac. He's our only hope"-Princess Leia

    Image result for princess leia costume
  • @d-bone said:

    Wow..... In my everyday life for 49yrs I know how hard it is to get just three people to agree on anything, much less 5, 8, 11.... Guess we should look for many more trades throughout the life of The Process.

    FWIW, it was Sashi himself who said he had 'final say' when Hue was hired/introduced in what seems like a lifetime ago.... 

    Maybe you've identified the real problem.  Nobody makes decisions, and suffers the consequences, in the Browns organization.  

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @baconhound said:

    Maybe you've identified the real problem.  Nobody makes decisions, and suffers the consequences, in the Browns organization.  

    Peyton Manning will.

  • Well with the Giants being ass raped by the 49ers....we are very nearly on the clock for the #1 overall pick. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mark-o said:

    Well with the Giants being butt raped by the 49ers....we are very nearly on the clock for the #1 overall pick. 

    Mason Rudolph?

  • Royce, are you dying? I’ll be praying for you if so. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @wargograw said:

    Royce, are you dying? I’ll be praying for you if so. 

    I suspect that his tolerance for the Browns losing is what is dying.

  • @hx214 said:

    Just heard on the 92.3 morning show that Darrell Ryder (he's the Browns beat writer) tweeted out "Help is on the way!" he said he couldn't say anything but after the guys pushed him on it he said it was "help for the organization" so sounds like a front office addition? 

    "Dear God. Please let it be Kubiac. He's our only hope"-Princess Leia

    Image result for princess leia costume
    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    "Dear God. Please let it be Kubiac. He's our only hope"-Princess Leia

    Image result for princess leia costume

    See the post immediately below yours.

    But maybe we can find someone out of this organization:

    https://www.jedichurch.org/

  • @wargograw said:

    Royce, are you dying? I’ll be praying for you if so. 

    I’m just guessing because I’m 6’10 and have spent most of my life burning my candle at both ends. There’s probably a heart attack or stroke waiting around the corner. Furthermore, if I suffer a serious injury or disease I’ll probably just run the car in the garage and cut class early, but I’ll be hoping the browns can turn it around until that happens. 

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    @roycerolls said:

    I’m just guessing because I’m 6’10 

    You can help Zombo with his street fights on the negative posters here if you need some meaning in your life 😉

  • cdl15C cdl15 wrote on last edited by

    I want FO and coaching to stay the course. Seems like every single regime gets to this point for the browns and the same knee jerk reaction happens. 

  • I want FO and coaching to stay the course. Seems like every single regime gets to this point for the browns and the same knee jerk reaction happens. 

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by

    @cdl15 said:

    I want FO and coaching to stay the course. Seems like every single regime gets to this point for the browns and the same knee jerk reaction happens. 

    One or the other has to change.   He's a losing coach and is holding the team back.

  • @cdl15 said:

    I want FO and coaching to stay the course. Seems like every single regime gets to this point for the browns and the same knee jerk reaction happens. 

    One or the other has to change.   He's a losing coach and is holding the team back.

    cdl15C cdl15 wrote on last edited by cdl15

    @mark-o said:

    One or the other has to change.   He's a losing coach and is holding the team back.

    I dunno. I said when they hired him they couldn't even start evaluation till last eight games of year 2, unless he loses the locker room. And as of now he hasn't.  It's quite rediculous that coaches don't get more than 2 seasons in Cleveland let alone 2 seasons when they having to build it right. (Tear down all the trail mix). 

    Honestly I think it would set this team even further behind to clean house now than to deal with everyone for one more year. 

    IMO getting to the point where old personnel is being deemed more believable than the organization it's self. Browns show they can't get outta their own way with 90% of their firings since Haslem showed up.

  • @mark-o said:

    One or the other has to change.   He's a losing coach and is holding the team back.

    I dunno. I said when they hired him they couldn't even start evaluation till last eight games of year 2, unless he loses the locker room. And as of now he hasn't.  It's quite rediculous that coaches don't get more than 2 seasons in Cleveland let alone 2 seasons when they having to build it right. (Tear down all the trail mix). 

    Honestly I think it would set this team even further behind to clean house now than to deal with everyone for one more year. 

    IMO getting to the point where old personnel is being deemed more believable than the organization it's self. Browns show they can't get outta their own way with 90% of their firings since Haslem showed up.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by

    @cdl15 said:

    I dunno. I said when they hired him they couldn't even start evaluation till last eight games of year 2, unless he loses the locker room. And as of now he hasn't.  It's quite rediculous that coaches don't get more than 2 seasons in Cleveland let alone 2 seasons when they having to build it right. (Tear down all the trail mix). 

    Honestly I think it would set this team even further behind to clean house now than to deal with everyone for one more year. 

    IMO getting to the point where old personnel is being deemed more believable than the organization it's self. Browns show they can't get outta their own way with 90% of their firings since Haslem showed up.

    But other coaches haven't been losing at record levels when we got rid of them.   This one is and he is still making the same mistakes over and over again in clock management and wasted time outs.  1-24 and 2-30 don't happen by accident or bad luck.  Sometimes a guy is just a bad head coach.   Again it doesn't have to be a total house cleaning.  Leave the front office, they've made some mistakes but there is some talent on the team but I think the head coach is part of the problem and is bringing the team down on game day.    I want to believe in the process and I think it might have a chance of succeeding quite possibly, but not with the current head coach. 

  • @cdl15 said:

    I dunno. I said when they hired him they couldn't even start evaluation till last eight games of year 2, unless he loses the locker room. And as of now he hasn't.  It's quite rediculous that coaches don't get more than 2 seasons in Cleveland let alone 2 seasons when they having to build it right. (Tear down all the trail mix). 

    Honestly I think it would set this team even further behind to clean house now than to deal with everyone for one more year. 

    IMO getting to the point where old personnel is being deemed more believable than the organization it's self. Browns show they can't get outta their own way with 90% of their firings since Haslem showed up.

    But other coaches haven't been losing at record levels when we got rid of them.   This one is and he is still making the same mistakes over and over again in clock management and wasted time outs.  1-24 and 2-30 don't happen by accident or bad luck.  Sometimes a guy is just a bad head coach.   Again it doesn't have to be a total house cleaning.  Leave the front office, they've made some mistakes but there is some talent on the team but I think the head coach is part of the problem and is bringing the team down on game day.    I want to believe in the process and I think it might have a chance of succeeding quite possibly, but not with the current head coach. 

    stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by

    @mark-o said:

    But other coaches haven't been losing at record levels when we got rid of them.   This one is and he is still making the same mistakes over and over again in clock management and wasted time outs.  1-24 and 2-30 don't happen by accident or bad luck.  Sometimes a guy is just a bad head coach.   Again it doesn't have to be a total house cleaning.  Leave the front office, they've made some mistakes but there is some talent on the team but I think the head coach is part of the problem and is bringing the team down on game day.    I want to believe in the process and I think it might have a chance of succeeding quite possibly, but not with the current head coach. 

    definitely if the current thing continues and hue doesn't have an OC. He clearly is inept at doing both.

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by

    The NY Giants are 1-8 with their 2nd year HC Ben McAdoo.

    Anyone willing to wager that WON’T get shitcanned at the end of the season?

    I say he’s as good as gone...any takers? 

  • The NY Giants are 1-8 with their 2nd year HC Ben McAdoo.

    Anyone willing to wager that WON’T get shitcanned at the end of the season?

    I say he’s as good as gone...any takers? 

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by

    @canton-dawg said:

    The NY Giants are 1-8 with their 2nd year HC Ben McAdoo.

    Anyone willing to wager that WON’T get shitcanned at the end of the season?

    I say he’s as good as gone...any takers? 

    He's a dead man walking already.

  • The NY Giants are 1-8 with their 2nd year HC Ben McAdoo.

    Anyone willing to wager that WON’T get shitcanned at the end of the season?

    I say he’s as good as gone...any takers? 

    stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by

    @canton-dawg said:

    The NY Giants are 1-8 with their 2nd year HC Ben McAdoo.

    Anyone willing to wager that WON’T get shitcanned at the end of the season?

    I say he’s as good as gone...any takers? 

    they should at least keep him for 3 more years so they can test out their "process", losing obviously has to be a part of it.

  • @mark-o said:

    One or the other has to change.   He's a losing coach and is holding the team back.

    I dunno. I said when they hired him they couldn't even start evaluation till last eight games of year 2, unless he loses the locker room. And as of now he hasn't.  It's quite rediculous that coaches don't get more than 2 seasons in Cleveland let alone 2 seasons when they having to build it right. (Tear down all the trail mix). 

    Honestly I think it would set this team even further behind to clean house now than to deal with everyone for one more year. 

    IMO getting to the point where old personnel is being deemed more believable than the organization it's self. Browns show they can't get outta their own way with 90% of their firings since Haslem showed up.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @cdl15 said:

    I dunno. I said when they hired him they couldn't even start evaluation till last eight games of year 2, unless he loses the locker room. And as of now he hasn't.  It's quite ridiculous that coaches don't get more than 2 seasons in Cleveland let alone 2 seasons when they having to build it right. (Tear down all the trail mix). 

    Honestly I think it would set this team even further behind to clean house now than to deal with everyone for one more year. 

    IMO getting to the point where old personnel is being deemed more believable than the organization it's self. Browns show they can't get outta their own way with 90% of their firings since Haslem showed up.

    Unless Kizer shows miraculous levels of improvement the last 7 games, we're drafting another QB HIGH in the first round next year. The pick absolutely can't be screwed up. After the RG III, Kessler, McCarron fiascos- I don't know who to trust anymore. If they were "all in" donating a 2nd and 3rd to the Bengals for AJ- I'd say none of 'em.  

    MHO? 2-14 or worse, somebody is walking the plank for this disaster. They won't get an entire 3rd season if the doo-doo continues into 2018- even if Jimmy shows some uncharacteristic restraint. No owner is going to tolerate 3-37. 

    The reasonable expectation in year two of a rebuild was at least 2-7, maybe even 3-6 at this point. You are what your record says you are- and that's historically bad.