Skip to content

The... I am batting (maybe alone) for the front office thread

The Browns Board
383 44 9.2k 1
  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma

    Homerun determination includes longevity as well as excellence. I wouldn't put Myles in that category based upon his resume to date. But I would give him a ground-rule triple... in fact I'd invent that for him.

    McCourty was definitely a homerun FA signing... even clearer cut than the trade/sign maneuver named Collins.

    Others I think have already shown to be triple worthy with a chance of taking home...

    • Shockingly the first name I think of is Joe Schobert. Still not a complete MLB due to pass coverage, but 5th in the league in tackles? Who saw that coming?
    • Shon Coleman... and not just because I told you so... all last year... from the draft thru Week 17... when you got a peek.
    • Kindred is close... might have to stop him at second for now.

    Honestly... that's about it for third. Bunch more doubles that have potential with time and better circumstances.

    • None a better example than Njoku... you can see him coming.
    • Also Drango springs to mind as he's now performing in his second fill-in performance.
    • Corey C is here as well... really... can't we pad up the backside of his gloves?
    • Nassib, Ogunjobi and Covey are in here standing up as well.

    Bunch more singles, but what average fan cares about singles? Just not sexy... chicks dig the long ball*.

    _____________________________________________________________________________________

    * after 4 hours cal 9-1-1...

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    I expect players in the first round to contribute at a pretty high level. I expect players taken in the second round to contribute at an above-average level. I expect free agents to perform at a high level.

    Ingevity might be a factor in a year or two.

    As long as we don't clean house and start over.

    WSS

  • I expect players in the first round to contribute at a pretty high level. I expect players taken in the second round to contribute at an above-average level. I expect free agents to perform at a high level.

    Ingevity might be a factor in a year or two.

    As long as we don't clean house and start over.

    WSS

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @westside-steve said:

    Ingevity might be a factor in a year or two.

    Even with out the typo this would have been quote worthy... 🙂

  • I expect players in the first round to contribute at a pretty high level. I expect players taken in the second round to contribute at an above-average level. I expect free agents to perform at a high level.

    Ingevity might be a factor in a year or two.

    As long as we don't clean house and start over.

    WSS

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    @westside-steve said:

    I expect players in the first round to contribute at a pretty high level. I expect players taken in the second round to contribute at an above-average level. I expect free agents to perform at a high level.

    Ingevity might be a factor in a year or two.

    As long as we don't clean house and start over.

    WSS

    So maybe we should wait and evaluate then?

  • @westside-steve said:

    I expect players in the first round to contribute at a pretty high level. I expect players taken in the second round to contribute at an above-average level. I expect free agents to perform at a high level.

    Ingevity might be a factor in a year or two.

    As long as we don't clean house and start over.

    WSS

    So maybe we should wait and evaluate then?

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    @wargograw said:

    So maybe we should wait and evaluate then?

    Of course we should. Just pointing out that we suck worse than any other team in the league on our way to sucking worse than any other team in the history of the league.

    I watch every game and cheer for the Browns. I hate almost every other team in the league and the ones that I don't hate I hate when they play against the Browns. Just pointing out that this failure seems unprecedented to me. Maybe you are 100% correct and the bean counter, the owners dumbass wife and the baseball jag off have everything under control.

    I'll be glad to eat my words when that happens.

    WSS

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    Ok, why do you have to again point out A. what everyone knows already and B. what you've already "pointed out" about 100 times? Yes, our team is not winning. We know.

  • Ok, why do you have to again point out A. what everyone knows already and B. what you've already "pointed out" about 100 times? Yes, our team is not winning. We know.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    @wargograw said:

    Ok, why do you have to again point out A. what everyone knows already and B. what you've already "pointed out" about 100 times? Yes, our team is not winning. We know.

    Sorry Pollyanna. This must be the only point that's ever been repeated more than once on this board.

    You're so blindly optimistic you make Po g sounds like Lewis Black.

    WSS

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    wargo, at this point, is just trolling.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    Okay ladies I guess you're right.

    WSS

  • @wargograw said:

    Ok, why do you have to again point out A. what everyone knows already and B. what you've already "pointed out" about 100 times? Yes, our team is not winning. We know.

    Sorry Pollyanna. This must be the only point that's ever been repeated more than once on this board.

    You're so blindly optimistic you make Po g sounds like Lewis Black.

    WSS

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    @westside-steve said:

    Sorry Pollyanna. This must be the only point that's ever been repeated more than once on this board.

    You're so blindly optimistic you make Po g sounds like Lewis Black.

    WSS

    Can you go ahead and list other facts about other teams while you're at it? I'm looking forward to such interesting information as "the Cowboys are from Texas." "The Eagles play in Philadelphia." "The Titans are 6-4." Boy, those are some real stimulating discussion-starters.

  • wargo, at this point, is just trolling.

    W wargograw wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    wargo, at this point, is just trolling.

    No, I'm not.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    wargo, at this point, is just trolling.

    No, I'm not.

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by

    @wargograw said:

    No, I'm not.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    wargo, at this point, is just trolling.

    No, I'm not.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by

    @wargograw said:

    No, I'm not.

    Yes you are , Faggot!

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by

    I guess the owners of the Browns weren't told that they should expect to lose all but a single game in the first two years of The Process? War should set 'em straight.......

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/11/jason_mccourty_says_haslams_ad.html

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    Instead of anal ytics and numerology, I'm all for Shamanology.

     Go find a tribal Shaman in Africa, bring him over and put him in charge of the team. I mean what part of witch doctor for GM  can go wrong?

  • @wargograw said:

    No, I'm not.

    Yes you are , Faggot!

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @nickers said:

    Yes you are , Faggot!

    You are quite the wordsmith, aren't you?

  • 200lbMumford2 200lbMumford wrote on last edited by

    Careful, you'll get called a snowflake.

  • I guess the owners of the Browns weren't told that they should expect to lose all but a single game in the first two years of The Process? War should set 'em straight.......

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/11/jason_mccourty_says_haslams_ad.html

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @d-bone said:

    I guess the owners of the Browns weren't told that they should expect to lose all but a single game in the first two years of The Process? War should set 'em straight.......

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/11/jason_mccourty_says_haslams_ad.html

    Who did expect this? Not me, but in retrospect when McC left for the Jets, I shoulda seen the possibility comin'... and so should have the Organization. Too much faith in Kessler... how could I fall for that?

    But now that it's here... now that a second, consecutive #1 overall is a strong possibility with Josh Rosen waiting a "With the first pick" announcement, I am staying the course.

    At least it appears the Haslam's are still on board... or at least I do not know what else to takeaway from this:

    Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet

    #BrownsNFL_2017_CLEBrowns.png owners Jimmy and Dee Haslam met with players this week to discuss rebuilding, while offering perspective & support during a winless season:

    3:09 AM - 19 Nov 2017 https://t.co/WhopNFXlK6
     
    Since the meeting reportedly took place wit the entire team, we shouldn't have to wait too long to learn the tone and flavor of it.
  • @d-bone said:

    I guess the owners of the Browns weren't told that they should expect to lose all but a single game in the first two years of The Process? War should set 'em straight.......

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/11/jason_mccourty_says_haslams_ad.html

    Who did expect this? Not me, but in retrospect when McC left for the Jets, I shoulda seen the possibility comin'... and so should have the Organization. Too much faith in Kessler... how could I fall for that?

    But now that it's here... now that a second, consecutive #1 overall is a strong possibility with Josh Rosen waiting a "With the first pick" announcement, I am staying the course.

    At least it appears the Haslam's are still on board... or at least I do not know what else to takeaway from this:

    Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet

    #BrownsNFL_2017_CLEBrowns.png owners Jimmy and Dee Haslam met with players this week to discuss rebuilding, while offering perspective & support during a winless season:

    3:09 AM - 19 Nov 2017 https://t.co/WhopNFXlK6
     
    Since the meeting reportedly took place wit the entire team, we shouldn't have to wait too long to learn the tone and flavor of it.
    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by D Bone

    @tour2ma said:

    But now that it's here... now that a second, consecutive #1 overall is a strong possibility with Josh Rosen waiting a "With the first pick" announcement, I am staying the course.

    You found a lamp, rubbed it and out I popped...... Rosen at #1 or Cousins + BPA at #1? 

  • @d-bone said:

    I guess the owners of the Browns weren't told that they should expect to lose all but a single game in the first two years of The Process? War should set 'em straight.......

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/11/jason_mccourty_says_haslams_ad.html

    Who did expect this? Not me, but in retrospect when McC left for the Jets, I shoulda seen the possibility comin'... and so should have the Organization. Too much faith in Kessler... how could I fall for that?

    But now that it's here... now that a second, consecutive #1 overall is a strong possibility with Josh Rosen waiting a "With the first pick" announcement, I am staying the course.

    At least it appears the Haslam's are still on board... or at least I do not know what else to takeaway from this:

    Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet

    #BrownsNFL_2017_CLEBrowns.png owners Jimmy and Dee Haslam met with players this week to discuss rebuilding, while offering perspective & support during a winless season:

    3:09 AM - 19 Nov 2017 https://t.co/WhopNFXlK6
     
    Since the meeting reportedly took place wit the entire team, we shouldn't have to wait too long to learn the tone and flavor of it.
    stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Since the meeting reportedly took place wit the entire team, we shouldn't have to wait too long to learn the tone and flavor of it.

    From what I read about it, he's keeping everyone, which I don't necessarily object to at all. I think people need to be added (such as an OC for Hue). However, everyone will look like fools if we end up winning 1-3 games in 2018.