Skip to content

AJ McCarron

The Browns Board
295 51 10.2k
  • As far as I’m concerned Sashi Brown is a hero for jumping on that freaking hand grenade

  • 1.) Can anyone tell me the "actual" process it takes for a trade to become official in the NFL?

    2.) The Browns have completed at least 9 trades dealing with players including last year for Collins at the trade deadline. They understand how the process works

    3.) From what I gather, it sounds as though the browns signed their side of the paperwork. Sent it over to the Bengals to confirm and sign their side of the deal. Instead, the Bengals just signed their own paperwork without the Browns signature and sent it into the league office. By the time it was realized what had occurred, it was too late. It is my understanding that BOTH teams have to sign the documents and return them for confirmation. 

    4.) The Browns are getting blamed for this mainly because they are the Browns. But I think this is the Bengals fault, if not more, than the Browns. A statement by the organization needs to be made. If you have to throw the Bengals under the bus than go for it. They are divisional rivals and at this point who cares. The bengals have screwed up a bunch of trades, including this past years draft where they again didn't correctly sign paperwork but no one wants to remember that.

    5.) Thank god this trade did not go through. It was a clear overpay by the FO to appease Jackson. The FO clearly did not want McCarron, especially at that price. Sometimes the best deals are the ones that failed (see Indians Lucroy trade from 2016). Hue is starting to stress about his job and is becoming desperate. This attempted move screams of that. 

    6.) During this bye week the FO, Hue, and the Haslams need to sit down and have a nice long talk about what's going to happen at the end of the season. Good or Bad. They need to come out and make a statement on whatever that is and/or begin the process. They need to calm the fans and coaching staff down. 

    7.) Tony Grossi is poison to the people of Cleveland. His comments about not getting the paperwork in on time because the Browns were "Celebrating" are completely BOGUS! This has garnered national attention and have made the Browns organization look worse for false accusations. I'm not saying he has to be a homer. But false reporting using your twitter account is poor journalism. He has an agenda and it is very clear.

    8.) I hope Kizer and the rest of this team just go bonkers the second half and do something crazy like go 5-3. Us against the world mentality.  I'm just so tired of the BS from national media based on what MKC and Grossi say. they are both morons.

    @bigalow80 said:

    7.) Tony Grossi is poison to the people of Cleveland. His comments about not getting the paperwork in on time because the Browns were "Celebrating" are completely BOGUS! This has garnered national attention and have made the Browns organization look worse for false accusations. I'm not saying he has to be a homer. But false reporting using your twitter account is poor journalism. He has an agenda and it is very clear.

    Right on, and this is exactly why the Browns brass needs to make some sort of statement. Screw the proper chain of command or "etiquette", that's awful reporting that needs to be called out. It's very ethically dubious and should be noted as such. We got enough problems to let something like this which obviously isn't true, or at minimum is extremely misleading.

  • You guys do realize the story is bogus right? Not that that has any chance of keeping you from your precious misery, but try to at least have the facts of the matter on your side. 

    @wargograw said:

    You guys do realize the story is bogus right? Not that that has any chance of keeping you from your precious misery, but try to at least have the facts of the matter on your side. 

    Explain how it is bogus.

  • That's it ! Attack the media. They are the ones who signed Kizer, Kessler and Hogan and slept on Watson and Wentz.

    Britt ?....yeah, the media signed him.

    The media is not the problem.

  • 1.) Can anyone tell me the "actual" process it takes for a trade to become official in the NFL?

    2.) The Browns have completed at least 9 trades dealing with players including last year for Collins at the trade deadline. They understand how the process works

    3.) From what I gather, it sounds as though the browns signed their side of the paperwork. Sent it over to the Bengals to confirm and sign their side of the deal. Instead, the Bengals just signed their own paperwork without the Browns signature and sent it into the league office. By the time it was realized what had occurred, it was too late. It is my understanding that BOTH teams have to sign the documents and return them for confirmation. 

    4.) The Browns are getting blamed for this mainly because they are the Browns. But I think this is the Bengals fault, if not more, than the Browns. A statement by the organization needs to be made. If you have to throw the Bengals under the bus than go for it. They are divisional rivals and at this point who cares. The bengals have screwed up a bunch of trades, including this past years draft where they again didn't correctly sign paperwork but no one wants to remember that.

    5.) Thank god this trade did not go through. It was a clear overpay by the FO to appease Jackson. The FO clearly did not want McCarron, especially at that price. Sometimes the best deals are the ones that failed (see Indians Lucroy trade from 2016). Hue is starting to stress about his job and is becoming desperate. This attempted move screams of that. 

    6.) During this bye week the FO, Hue, and the Haslams need to sit down and have a nice long talk about what's going to happen at the end of the season. Good or Bad. They need to come out and make a statement on whatever that is and/or begin the process. They need to calm the fans and coaching staff down. 

    7.) Tony Grossi is poison to the people of Cleveland. His comments about not getting the paperwork in on time because the Browns were "Celebrating" are completely BOGUS! This has garnered national attention and have made the Browns organization look worse for false accusations. I'm not saying he has to be a homer. But false reporting using your twitter account is poor journalism. He has an agenda and it is very clear.

    8.) I hope Kizer and the rest of this team just go bonkers the second half and do something crazy like go 5-3. Us against the world mentality.  I'm just so tired of the BS from national media based on what MKC and Grossi say. they are both morons.

    @bigalow80 said:

    1.) Can anyone tell me the "actual" process it takes for a trade to become official in the NFL?

    2.) The Browns have completed at least 9 trades dealing with players including last year for Collins at the trade deadline. They understand how the process works

    3.) From what I gather, it sounds as though the browns signed their side of the paperwork. Sent it over to the Bengals to confirm and sign their side of the deal. Instead, the Bengals just signed their own paperwork without the Browns signature and sent it into the league office. By the time it was realized what had occurred, it was too late. It is my understanding that BOTH teams have to sign the documents and return them for confirmation. 

    4.) The Browns are getting blamed for this mainly because they are the Browns. But I think this is the Bengals fault, if not more, than the Browns. A statement by the organization needs to be made. If you have to throw the Bengals under the bus than go for it. They are divisional rivals and at this point who cares. The bengals have screwed up a bunch of trades, including this past years draft where they again didn't correctly sign paperwork but no one wants to remember that.

    5.) Thank god this trade did not go through. It was a clear overpay by the FO to appease Jackson. The FO clearly did not want McCarron, especially at that price. Sometimes the best deals are the ones that failed (see Indians Lucroy trade from 2016). Hue is starting to stress about his job and is becoming desperate. This attempted move screams of that. 

    6.) During this bye week the FO, Hue, and the Haslams need to sit down and have a nice long talk about what's going to happen at the end of the season. Good or Bad. They need to come out and make a statement on whatever that is and/or begin the process. They need to calm the fans and coaching staff down. 

    7.) Tony Grossi is poison to the people of Cleveland. His comments about not getting the paperwork in on time because the Browns were "Celebrating" are completely BOGUS! This has garnered national attention and have made the Browns organization look worse for false accusations. I'm not saying he has to be a homer. But false reporting using your twitter account is poor journalism. He has an agenda and it is very clear.

    8.) I hope Kizer and the rest of this team just go bonkers the second half and do something crazy like go 5-3. Us against the world mentality.  I'm just so tired of the BS from national media based on what MKC and Grossi say. they are both morons.

    OK, you have made these statements of what the facts are.  (and by the way....Grossi made his comments....reasonable comments...based on what facts had been given to him at the time).

    Where is the authority....the proof of the facts as you state them? Not that I am saying you are wrong....its just that there is a whole lot of conflicting information out there now about what truly happened.

  • Did Bud Shaw change his name? 

    Panic, Contradiction, Incompetence rule the day was his take.

  • That's it ! Attack the media. They are the ones who signed Kizer, Kessler and Hogan and slept on Watson and Wentz.

    Britt ?....yeah, the media signed him.

    The media is not the problem.

    @furious-styles said:

    That's it ! Attack the media. They are the ones who signed Kizer, Kessler and Hogan and slept on Watson and Wentz.

    Britt ?....yeah, the media signed him.

    The media is not the problem.

    In this case yes the fudge it is.

    You do understand the extremely basic concept that two things can be bad at the same time and not connected right? Actually, I'm sure you don't. 

  • Reading through this thread is pretty funny in retrospect. Man, some of you guys love to believe pretty outlandish statements at face value.

    @jrb12711 said:

    Reading through this thread is pretty funny in retrospect. Man, some of you guys love to believe pretty outlandish statements at face value.

    You should visit the political board. The Russians run it now.🙄😄

  • As far as I’m concerned Sashi Brown is a hero for jumping on that freaking hand grenade

    @londonbrown said:

    As far as I’m concerned Sashi Brown is a hero for jumping on that freaking hand grenade

    And he's a ZERO for throwing that hand grenade called Kenny Britt on the roster.

  • @jrb12711 said:

    Reading through this thread is pretty funny in retrospect. Man, some of you guys love to believe pretty outlandish statements at face value.

    You should visit the political board. The Russians run it now.🙄😄

    @texasag1969 said:

    You should visit the political board. The Liberals are still trying to run it now.🙄😄

    FIFY

  • It’s from Mary Kay Cabot on twitter 

    @londonbrown said:

    It’s from Mary Kay Cabot on twitter 

    She back tracked, shocker.

  • The Browns go full Browns

    The Browns are often looked at quizzically by their peers and they've earned their laughingstock status over time. But the inability to execute a simple trade for a backup quarterback in what other front offices see as a desperate, panic move, may be a new low for them. People are flabbergasted, equally, not only about the inability to turn in signed trade papers in time to consummate an AJ McCarron swap, but also the bizarre willingness to now give up likely the top pick in the second and third round for this particular quarterback.

    "It doesn't make any sense," said one established AFC executive. "Total panic move to try to save some jobs by winning a game or two, I guess, but they couldn't even get that right."

    There are no shortage of conspiracy theories making the rounds as well as to whether GM Sashi Brown really wanted to get coach Hue Jackson's former protégé to Cleveland. What a mess. If anyone on that front office or coaching staff survives this debacle it will come as the biggest shocker ever with the Browns. It's hard to be this bad this long in this league. And I wouldn't completely absolve the Bengals, either.

    "If someone is giving me a two-and-a-three for McCarron, I'm calling (NFL transaction guru) Ken Fiore and keeping him on the line until I know everything is signed and filed with the league," said one executive who has been quite active with trades in the past. "I'm making sure we have a deal."

  • And this is why the steelers remain atop the north. The incompetence in at least two of their div rivals is awe inspiring

  • Just for the record I don't think I remember anybody on this board demanding that AJ McCarron was the key piece of the puzzle up until we read the story that the trade for him didn't come through.

    WSS

  • Im just glad they botched it!!!!  

  • Id give that 3rd for mccarron but a 2nd and a 3rd when garrapolo went for just a 2nd? And marcell dareus just got traded to the jags for a 6th......i mean wtf sashi?

  • As far as I’m concerned Sashi Brown is a hero for jumping on that freaking hand grenade

    @londonbrown said:

    As far as I’m concerned Sashi Brown is a hero for jumping on that freaking hand grenade

    Sashi's made some good moves, also some very bad ones. Hue lost his QB guru status a long time ago London. Whoever the Browns choose as their QBOTF in 2018 (take that one to the bank) I DO NOT want Jackson involved in any way in the process, that's assuming he's still even the Browns coach at the time. Right now it's not looking good for Hueless the Clueless. RG III, Kessler, Kizer. 

    I will buy the notion this was a desperation move by (whoever- really don't care anymore who came up with the idea) to try and win a game. That was a MHO foolish attempt at WAY overpaying for McCarron, if Garropolo was only worth a second. You can say we don't know about Jimmy because he's been backing up one of the all-time greats, but AJ can't beat out Andy? I think someone pointed out if McCarron couldn't do that- he's not a true franchise QB- but apparently Hue's deluded himself into thinking that somehow he is. Just like when he saw Griffin's workout and felt the earth move. Sheeze, excuse me while I barf. The Clown Show is getting truly sickening. 

  • Someone is going to have to take the fall for this no doubt. I really am trying to be optimistic and firmly believe we shouldn't blow the whole thing up but damn something has to give. If I'm jimmy I demote Sashi and De, bring in Peyton, and give Hue the ultimatum to hire a OC or fire his butt. Also wtf were they trying to trade for AJ McCarron. Dude straight sucks and can beat out mediocre Andy Dalton and for a 2nd and 3rd. Good God are they stupid. They could have had Cousin and Jummy G for a single 2nd. Once again they embarrassed us in front of the nation and now ESPN and FS1 are calling them out.

  • Just for the record I don't think I remember anybody on this board demanding that AJ McCarron was the key piece of the puzzle up until we read the story that the trade for him didn't come through.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    Just for the record I don't think I remember anybody on this board demanding that AJ McCarron was the key piece of the puzzle up until we read the story that the trade for him didn't come through.

    WSS

    I don't want him. At all. I think the story just points our how desperate we are, and perhaps how amateur we are.

    Zombo

  • This is a case where it's better to be lucky than good.

    I think the trade was toast before it started because the process began way too late.  Getting all angry about it ASSUMES that the trade would have been possible to complete.. and I don't believe that was ever the reality.