Skip to content

Well we knew this sht was coming....(darnold)

The Browns Board
94 22 2.1k
  • @jrb12711 said:

    I'm amazed at how many of you guys believe things at face value. Basically one dude tweets it and therefore it's fact. Man.

    I believe Clevfan started this thread as more of a "look at how much of a joke we are to the rest of the nation, and this is just the start" rather then just the Darnold thing..... and it's really no secret that Sam is thinking about returning next year, long before yesterday's butt phuck session by the Brain Trust. 

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @d-bone said:

    I believe Clevfan started this thread as more of a "look at how much of a joke we are to the rest of the nation, and this is just the start" rather then just the Darnold thing

    Yup, u nailed it

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #17

    It makes me almost physically ill to see players even implicitly disrespect cleveland cause i really like the city. It pains me. U can say "oh inonly want people who want to come here and change Sheet"....well when that population of said players is approaching zero wut then?

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by LondonBrown
    #18

    Makes no sense whatsoever.

    What if the Browns have the first pick the year after as well, does he decide to become a chef instead?  

    This is more media rubbish because the Browns are an easy target. 

    Even if the Browns took him he could refuse to sign?

  • @d-bone said:

    Yea, I kind of agree.... I've seen every one of the kid's snaps and while I love him for USC's National Champ hopes , I really don't like his arm mechanics right now for the NFL game.

    .... and his name is Matt. 

    He does kind of have that long Kevin Hogan drop the ball low and windup thing going, doesn't he?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @dutch-oven said:

    He does kind of have that long Kevin Hogan drop the ball low and windup thing going, doesn't he?

    They call that the "Tim Tebow Special Delivery".

  • Makes no sense whatsoever.

    What if the Browns have the first pick the year after as well, does he decide to become a chef instead?  

    This is more media rubbish because the Browns are an easy target. 

    Even if the Browns took him he could refuse to sign?

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @londonbrown said:

    What if the Browns have the first pick the year after as well, does he decide to become a chef instead?  

    Just wait, u could very well have just called it

  • GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #21

    Same old Dumb A$$ Browns fans. Always, Always, Always, the same stupid schidt.

    • He's not good enough for us
    • This is the wrong draft to take a QB
    • Screw him, we don't need him, we are one of the premier franchises in the NFL, we only go after the top guys

    NEWSFLASH CAULK SUCKERS..............................

    We have a fauhking Zumba instructor who not only doesn't want to be in Cleveland................But put out a video begging another owner to draft him. But HIM, you suck off.........and the USC QB is what? A bad guy for having the common sense not to go to schidthole Cleveland? Seriously, you guys are so hypocritical, inconsistent and afflicted with heads up your own ayusses when you yawn you see the sunlights beaming through the backs of your teeth.

    The story here is NOT whether this kid is good or not............... the story is, this would be a second year in a row where the #1  #1 DOES NOT WANT TO COME TO CLEVELAND.

    Now, you idiots want to puff your chests and chant " we're the Browns, we don't need top prospects" by all fauhking means, enjoy this piece of schidt team. Enjoy 0-8. Put up your Christmas tree this year and talk about how great of a year this has been and how the Browns are just a player or two away from being great.

    Sorry, but when 2 #1 #! prospects publicly express dissatisfaction with playing on your team, you got a fauking problem.

    Clean house, don't clean house, but this franchise is the worst team in the history of the NFL. I wish Haslam would move it, re-name it, and let what is left of the now exhumed, rotted, beaten, decayed corpse rest in peace. What end is there to beating what once was grand? 

  • So... this is a bad thing?

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @tour2ma said:

    So... this is a bad thing?

    He's not the only fish in the 2018 QB ocean...   

    @dutch-oven said:

    The actual facts of this incident are foggy at best, that I agree with you.

    It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that this organization, as it sits today, will look somewhat to drastically different by the start of Training Camp, 2018, though. There's smoke in Berea.

    Fer sure, and most of it is coming out of Haslam's ears....  

  • Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Had to go back awhile to find this thread but Darnold is on the radio out here today and here was his response to the question about this report:

    Darnold on report he'd stay in school if the #BrownsNFL_2017_CLEBrowns.png had the #1 overall pick "I'm not sure where that came from so I'm going to leave it alone."

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #24

    Our own fans side with the media on this stuff, I find it kind of sad. I said it before and people hated it but I stand by it, it suits the local media for the Browns to be crap

  • Our own fans side with the media on this stuff, I find it kind of sad. I said it before and people hated it but I stand by it, it suits the local media for the Browns to be crap

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @londonbrown said:

    Our own fans side with the media on this stuff, I find it kind of sad. I said it before and people hated it but I stand by it, it suits the local media for the Browns to be crap

    I don't know if it suits the local media..but there's a lot of doom and gloom in the media and unfortunately, a lot of fans believe the headlines or the reports even without any direct quotes from the subject of the articles.

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #26

    lamar jackson is a better athlete and a better passer [both touch and raw strength] than darnold.  I don't see any actual basis for the fanboi crush on him aside from USC homerdom.

    Seems like a non-story..

  • @londonbrown said:

    Our own fans side with the media on this stuff, I find it kind of sad. I said it before and people hated it but I stand by it, it suits the local media for the Browns to be crap

    I don't know if it suits the local media..but there's a lot of doom and gloom in the media and unfortunately, a lot of fans believe the headlines or the reports even without any direct quotes from the subject of the articles.

    L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @mark-o said:

    I don't know if it suits the local media..but there's a lot of doom and gloom in the media and unfortunately, a lot of fans believe the headlines or the reports even without any direct quotes from the subject of the articles.

    I don’t know how many times Grossi has to be proved to be a complete dickhead for people to stop listening to him. For crying out loud he released a mock draft last year and in it the same player went to two different teams. 

  • Had to go back awhile to find this thread but Darnold is on the radio out here today and here was his response to the question about this report:

    Darnold on report he'd stay in school if the #BrownsNFL_2017_CLEBrowns.png had the #1 overall pick "I'm not sure where that came from so I'm going to leave it alone."

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @mark-o said:

    Had to go back awhile to find this thread but Darnold is on the radio out here today and here was his response to the question about this report:

    Darnold on report he'd stay in school if the #BrownsNFL_2017_CLEBrowns.png had the #1 overall pick "I'm not sure where that came from so I'm going to leave it alone."

    Sounds like a strong denial.........not

  • @mark-o said:

    Had to go back awhile to find this thread but Darnold is on the radio out here today and here was his response to the question about this report:

    Darnold on report he'd stay in school if the #BrownsNFL_2017_CLEBrowns.png had the #1 overall pick "I'm not sure where that came from so I'm going to leave it alone."

    Sounds like a strong denial.........not

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @clevfan4life said:

    Sounds like a strong denial.........not

    Sounded strong enough when I heard him say it.   The rumor of him staying in school started at about week 2 of the NFL season.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Sounds like a strong denial.........not

    Sounded strong enough when I heard him say it.   The rumor of him staying in school started at about week 2 of the NFL season.

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @mark-o said:

    Sounded strong enough when I heard him say it.   The rumor of him staying in school started at about week 2 of the NFL season.

    Did he say for sure he's coming out?

  • @mark-o said:

    Sounded strong enough when I heard him say it.   The rumor of him staying in school started at about week 2 of the NFL season.

    Did he say for sure he's coming out?

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @clevfan4life said:

    Did he say for sure he's coming out?

    Nope....still hasn't decided.    My point was that the talk that he would stay in school long before the Browns season turned into a dumpster fire.   

  • B Babernakle wrote on last edited by
    #32

    The people around him said that he's not coming out of the browns have the number 1 pick.  So you don't pick him even if he does come out.  The browns need to fix the o line with the first rounds picks and try to get drew lock in the second round 

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Did he say for sure he's coming out?

    Nope....still hasn't decided.    My point was that the talk that he would stay in school long before the Browns season turned into a dumpster fire.   

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @mark-o said:

    Nope....still hasn't decided.    My point was that the talk that he would stay in school long before the Browns season turned into a dumpster fire.   

    Well his reticence to be signed by the browns was likely formed years ago, long before this season started. The browns have been a dumpster fire for a long time

  • The people around him said that he's not coming out of the browns have the number 1 pick.  So you don't pick him even if he does come out.  The browns need to fix the o line with the first rounds picks and try to get drew lock in the second round 

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @babernakle said:

    The people around him said that he's not coming out of the browns have the number 1 pick.  So you don't pick him even if he does come out.  The browns need to fix the o line with the first rounds picks and try to get drew lock in the second round 

    The o line isnt bad this year. Im pleasantly surprised by drango. He shut everson griffin down who's leading the league in sacks. We need a qb

  • The people around him said that he's not coming out of the browns have the number 1 pick.  So you don't pick him even if he does come out.  The browns need to fix the o line with the first rounds picks and try to get drew lock in the second round 

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @babernakle said:

    The people around him said that he's not coming out of the browns have the number 1 pick.  So you don't pick him even if he does come out.  The browns need to fix the o line with the first rounds picks and try to get drew lock in the second round 

    There is nothing wrong with the o-line.  Do you even watch the games?   The vast majority of sacks this year have been caused by the QB, mostly Kizer holding the ball too long.  The only sacks this past week were Kessler and he looked like a deer in the headlights when he got out there.    Thomas will be back next year and the rest of the offensive line is just fine from what I've seen watching the games each week.