Skip to content

Well we knew this sht was coming....(darnold)

The Browns Board
94 22 2.1k
  • So... this is a bad thing?

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @tour2ma said:

    So... this is a bad thing?

    He's not the only fish in the 2018 QB ocean...   

    @dutch-oven said:

    The actual facts of this incident are foggy at best, that I agree with you.

    It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that this organization, as it sits today, will look somewhat to drastically different by the start of Training Camp, 2018, though. There's smoke in Berea.

    Fer sure, and most of it is coming out of Haslam's ears....  

  • Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Had to go back awhile to find this thread but Darnold is on the radio out here today and here was his response to the question about this report:

    Darnold on report he'd stay in school if the #BrownsNFL_2017_CLEBrowns.png had the #1 overall pick "I'm not sure where that came from so I'm going to leave it alone."

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #24

    Our own fans side with the media on this stuff, I find it kind of sad. I said it before and people hated it but I stand by it, it suits the local media for the Browns to be crap

  • Our own fans side with the media on this stuff, I find it kind of sad. I said it before and people hated it but I stand by it, it suits the local media for the Browns to be crap

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @londonbrown said:

    Our own fans side with the media on this stuff, I find it kind of sad. I said it before and people hated it but I stand by it, it suits the local media for the Browns to be crap

    I don't know if it suits the local media..but there's a lot of doom and gloom in the media and unfortunately, a lot of fans believe the headlines or the reports even without any direct quotes from the subject of the articles.

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #26

    lamar jackson is a better athlete and a better passer [both touch and raw strength] than darnold.  I don't see any actual basis for the fanboi crush on him aside from USC homerdom.

    Seems like a non-story..

  • @londonbrown said:

    Our own fans side with the media on this stuff, I find it kind of sad. I said it before and people hated it but I stand by it, it suits the local media for the Browns to be crap

    I don't know if it suits the local media..but there's a lot of doom and gloom in the media and unfortunately, a lot of fans believe the headlines or the reports even without any direct quotes from the subject of the articles.

    L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @mark-o said:

    I don't know if it suits the local media..but there's a lot of doom and gloom in the media and unfortunately, a lot of fans believe the headlines or the reports even without any direct quotes from the subject of the articles.

    I don’t know how many times Grossi has to be proved to be a complete dickhead for people to stop listening to him. For crying out loud he released a mock draft last year and in it the same player went to two different teams. 

  • Had to go back awhile to find this thread but Darnold is on the radio out here today and here was his response to the question about this report:

    Darnold on report he'd stay in school if the #BrownsNFL_2017_CLEBrowns.png had the #1 overall pick "I'm not sure where that came from so I'm going to leave it alone."

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @mark-o said:

    Had to go back awhile to find this thread but Darnold is on the radio out here today and here was his response to the question about this report:

    Darnold on report he'd stay in school if the #BrownsNFL_2017_CLEBrowns.png had the #1 overall pick "I'm not sure where that came from so I'm going to leave it alone."

    Sounds like a strong denial.........not

  • @mark-o said:

    Had to go back awhile to find this thread but Darnold is on the radio out here today and here was his response to the question about this report:

    Darnold on report he'd stay in school if the #BrownsNFL_2017_CLEBrowns.png had the #1 overall pick "I'm not sure where that came from so I'm going to leave it alone."

    Sounds like a strong denial.........not

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @clevfan4life said:

    Sounds like a strong denial.........not

    Sounded strong enough when I heard him say it.   The rumor of him staying in school started at about week 2 of the NFL season.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Sounds like a strong denial.........not

    Sounded strong enough when I heard him say it.   The rumor of him staying in school started at about week 2 of the NFL season.

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @mark-o said:

    Sounded strong enough when I heard him say it.   The rumor of him staying in school started at about week 2 of the NFL season.

    Did he say for sure he's coming out?

  • @mark-o said:

    Sounded strong enough when I heard him say it.   The rumor of him staying in school started at about week 2 of the NFL season.

    Did he say for sure he's coming out?

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @clevfan4life said:

    Did he say for sure he's coming out?

    Nope....still hasn't decided.    My point was that the talk that he would stay in school long before the Browns season turned into a dumpster fire.   

  • B Babernakle wrote on last edited by
    #32

    The people around him said that he's not coming out of the browns have the number 1 pick.  So you don't pick him even if he does come out.  The browns need to fix the o line with the first rounds picks and try to get drew lock in the second round 

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Did he say for sure he's coming out?

    Nope....still hasn't decided.    My point was that the talk that he would stay in school long before the Browns season turned into a dumpster fire.   

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @mark-o said:

    Nope....still hasn't decided.    My point was that the talk that he would stay in school long before the Browns season turned into a dumpster fire.   

    Well his reticence to be signed by the browns was likely formed years ago, long before this season started. The browns have been a dumpster fire for a long time

  • The people around him said that he's not coming out of the browns have the number 1 pick.  So you don't pick him even if he does come out.  The browns need to fix the o line with the first rounds picks and try to get drew lock in the second round 

    C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @babernakle said:

    The people around him said that he's not coming out of the browns have the number 1 pick.  So you don't pick him even if he does come out.  The browns need to fix the o line with the first rounds picks and try to get drew lock in the second round 

    The o line isnt bad this year. Im pleasantly surprised by drango. He shut everson griffin down who's leading the league in sacks. We need a qb

  • The people around him said that he's not coming out of the browns have the number 1 pick.  So you don't pick him even if he does come out.  The browns need to fix the o line with the first rounds picks and try to get drew lock in the second round 

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @babernakle said:

    The people around him said that he's not coming out of the browns have the number 1 pick.  So you don't pick him even if he does come out.  The browns need to fix the o line with the first rounds picks and try to get drew lock in the second round 

    There is nothing wrong with the o-line.  Do you even watch the games?   The vast majority of sacks this year have been caused by the QB, mostly Kizer holding the ball too long.  The only sacks this past week were Kessler and he looked like a deer in the headlights when he got out there.    Thomas will be back next year and the rest of the offensive line is just fine from what I've seen watching the games each week. 

  • The people around him said that he's not coming out of the browns have the number 1 pick.  So you don't pick him even if he does come out.  The browns need to fix the o line with the first rounds picks and try to get drew lock in the second round 

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #36

    @babernakle said:

    The people around him said that he's not coming out of the browns have the number 1 pick.  So you don't pick him even if he does come out.  The browns need to fix the o line with the first rounds picks and try to get drew lock in the second round 

    They have fixed the line 25 times already without getting a franchise QB. Ya! Let's do it again.

  • Had to go back awhile to find this thread but Darnold is on the radio out here today and here was his response to the question about this report:

    Darnold on report he'd stay in school if the #BrownsNFL_2017_CLEBrowns.png had the #1 overall pick "I'm not sure where that came from so I'm going to leave it alone."

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @mark-o said:

    Had to go back awhile to find this thread but Darnold is on the radio out here today and here was his response to the question about this report:

    Darnold on report he'd stay in school if the #Browns had the #1 overall pick "I'm not sure where that came from so I'm going to leave it alone."

    Sure cleared that up... <---  think pink

    @londonbrown said:

    What if the Browns have the first pick the year after as well, does he decide to become a chef instead? 

    Does he play baseball? 🙂

  • @babernakle said:

    The people around him said that he's not coming out of the browns have the number 1 pick.  So you don't pick him even if he does come out.  The browns need to fix the o line with the first rounds picks and try to get drew lock in the second round 

    There is nothing wrong with the o-line.  Do you even watch the games?   The vast majority of sacks this year have been caused by the QB, mostly Kizer holding the ball too long.  The only sacks this past week were Kessler and he looked like a deer in the headlights when he got out there.    Thomas will be back next year and the rest of the offensive line is just fine from what I've seen watching the games each week. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #38

    @mark-o said:

    There is nothing wrong with the o-line.  Do you even watch the games?   The vast majority of sacks this year have been caused by the QB, mostly Kizer holding the ball too long.  The only sacks this past week were Kessler and he looked like a deer in the headlights when he got out there.    Thomas will be back next year and the rest of the offensive line is just fine from what I've seen watching the games each week. 

    Attaboy...

  • B Babernakle wrote on last edited by
    #39

    Ok fine get a gosh-dam  qb and when he sucks cause he doesn't have time I don't want to here any bitching you dumb Sheet fans cry every year we need a qb we need a qb we need a rb.  And the o line sucks as usual and the browns have the last place ranked offense.  Again So you go get that qb and enjoy losing more because you repeat the same Sheet over and over and is why the browns are a dumpster fire and the laughing stock of the NFL 

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #40

    😳

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #41

    I could care less about this guy.  He's prone to bad decision-making, and I'm about done with that crap.  This makes not drafting Deshaun Watson or Carson Wentz all the more painful.  Either of those guys wouldn't have complained one bit.  Do I KNOW that?  Of course not, but I'm pretty confident.