Skip to content

Another moan, this time the media

The Browns Board
42 19 1.1k
  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Now if the Browns actually turned it around and became a playoff team those same media people would be very popular because of the turnaround story. Worked with the Cavs and the Tribe. I don't buy the clown Brown story as the only one that can gain the local media attention/career moves.

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #3
  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #4

    Complete nonsense.

    The problem with the Browns is not the media. It is not the fans.

    It's the fact that the Browns, since coming back into the NFL in 1999, have been consistently incompetent in acquiring quality players.

    Especially quality quarterbacks.

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #5

    Local news

    http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/10/jimmy_haslams_plan_isnt_workin.html

    Mod edit link will work now 🙂 

    The Browns' plan isn't working, the rift is real, and Jimmy Haslam still needs help to save it: Mary Kay Cabot | cleveland.com
    111 B

  • darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by
    #6
  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #7

    I know you guys don't care for mkc. But she actually talks to players routinely. None of you do.

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #8

    @darren15 said:

    Link does not work

    Sorry, I don't know why. Just go to WKYC.com and get the article. Mainly a time line.

    Mod edit: Here's why Doug, you're posting your link in the wrong box. 🙂  Paste your link in the URL box, NOT the Link Text box. We tries to help around here. 

  • A big problem for the Browns is...Cleveland. 
     
    I ask you please don’t misunderstand me because it’s not the place. I have been to Cleveland twice and I love it. I’ve been all over Europe and the friendliest people I have ever met (especially a young black lady in a bar on E 4th) were in Cleveland. 
     
    Cleveland isn’t a big place. If you’re a local writer or reporter hoping to make it big, you need exposure first. How will you get it? Here goes....
     
    The problem s the media and their influence. Imagine the Browns are like 8-8 on average every year. What good does that do the local media? Nothing. They have very little to offer anybody if the Browns are average. They will be another Florida team nobody cares about. 
     
    So, what if the Browns are brilliant? Well then I’m sure the phone ins etc would be popular. The national media would be interested and therefore send their people down to cover it. I’m sure ESPN Cleveland would get its fair share but they’re the daily hod carriers really and nothing more. 
     
    But what if the Browns are terrible? Well then the local reporters are now the people to go when the national big guys want to run the story of a shambles. They fill an interview on tv or radio “here is local beat writer” and bam, they’re outside of Ohio and beyond. All of a sudden they can be a household name.
     
    And it’s clear to me that’s what the local media want. They want the Browns to be bad. I listened to the phone ins live for a few years (can’t seem to get them any longer) and it was crazy, now you only have to look at the twitter accounts of the reporters. Honestly have a look, a lot of them just collectively laugh at childish insults of people in the building. And much of this started when their proven leak (the drunk coach) was let go.  
     
    They just do not care. They gain nothing by the Browns winning and a lot by the Browns losing. Radio hosts and news writers don’t pick players in drafts, but they are much more influential than people think. And they play on it to the detriment of the organisation.
     
    They are selfish and they are poison and 90% of them do not want the Browns to be successful. Why would they? It would hurt their career. 
    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #9

    @londonbrown said:

    A big problem for the Browns is...Cleveland. 
     
    I ask you please don’t misunderstand me because it’s not the place. I have been to Cleveland twice and I love it. I’ve been all over Europe and the friendliest people I have ever met (especially a young black lady in a bar on E 4th) were in Cleveland. 
     
    Cleveland isn’t a big place. If you’re a local writer or reporter hoping to make it big, you need exposure first. How will you get it? Here goes....
     
    The problem s the media and their influence. Imagine the Browns are like 8-8 on average every year. What good does that do the local media? Nothing. They have very little to offer anybody if the Browns are average. They will be another Florida team nobody cares about. 
     
    So, what if the Browns are brilliant? Well then I’m sure the phone ins etc would be popular. The national media would be interested and therefore send their people down to cover it. I’m sure ESPN Cleveland would get its fair share but they’re the daily hod carriers really and nothing more. 
     
    But what if the Browns are terrible? Well then the local reporters are now the people to go when the national big guys want to run the story of a shambles. They fill an interview on tv or radio “here is local beat writer” and bam, they’re outside of Ohio and beyond. All of a sudden they can be a household name.
     
    And it’s clear to me that’s what the local media want. They want the Browns to be bad. I listened to the phone ins live for a few years (can’t seem to get them any longer) and it was crazy, now you only have to look at the twitter accounts of the reporters. Honestly have a look, a lot of them just collectively laugh at childish insults of people in the building. And much of this started when their proven leak (the drunk coach) was let go.  
     
    They just do not care. They gain nothing by the Browns winning and a lot by the Browns losing. Radio hosts and news writers don’t pick players in drafts, but they are much more influential than people think. And they play on it to the detriment of the organisation.
     
    They are selfish and they are poison and 90% of them do not want the Browns to be successful. Why would they? It would hurt their career. 

    Ya, blame the fans for Haslam. 2,000,000 people here are sick of losing football for 20 years and you blame them. ?????????????????????????????

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #10

    Sports time Ohio

    Fox Ohio

    ABC CBS NBC Fox Cleveland

    ABC CBS NBC FOX Youngstown

    Plain Dealer, News Herald, Vindicator, Tribune, Beacon Journal, Repository....newspapers

    These are the local media that covers the Browns without needing to access the internet. It's where I get info on the team. All these outlets have reporters that visit and talk to players, coaches and FO. Most are pretty good, accurate and fans that want the team to do well. 

  • Complete nonsense.

    The problem with the Browns is not the media. It is not the fans.

    It's the fact that the Browns, since coming back into the NFL in 1999, have been consistently incompetent in acquiring quality players.

    Especially quality quarterbacks.

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @dutch-oven said:

    Complete nonsense.

    The problem with the Browns is not the media. It is not the fans.

    It's the fact that the Browns, since coming back into the NFL in 1999, have been consistently incompetent in acquiring quality players.

    Especially quality quarterbacks.

    It is all on the people responsible for hiring quality coaches and front office personnel. Blaming the fans here is about a big a load of BS that has come down the pike in over 60 years

  • R RoyceRolls wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Aaron Goldhammer is the one whose career is built upon the Browns being bad. Goldhammer doesn’t make ya laugh and his takes are boring. While he may be unfunny and uninteresting, he’s not stupid. He understands that he still has to move the needle so to speak, so he trolls Browns and buckeye fans endlessly.  If the Browns are ever good he will have to play the role of the unfunny boring guy pretending he was rooting for the Browns all along which isn’t nearly as compelling as whipping these browns fans into a froth. 

  • A big problem for the Browns is...Cleveland. 
     
    I ask you please don’t misunderstand me because it’s not the place. I have been to Cleveland twice and I love it. I’ve been all over Europe and the friendliest people I have ever met (especially a young black lady in a bar on E 4th) were in Cleveland. 
     
    Cleveland isn’t a big place. If you’re a local writer or reporter hoping to make it big, you need exposure first. How will you get it? Here goes....
     
    The problem s the media and their influence. Imagine the Browns are like 8-8 on average every year. What good does that do the local media? Nothing. They have very little to offer anybody if the Browns are average. They will be another Florida team nobody cares about. 
     
    So, what if the Browns are brilliant? Well then I’m sure the phone ins etc would be popular. The national media would be interested and therefore send their people down to cover it. I’m sure ESPN Cleveland would get its fair share but they’re the daily hod carriers really and nothing more. 
     
    But what if the Browns are terrible? Well then the local reporters are now the people to go when the national big guys want to run the story of a shambles. They fill an interview on tv or radio “here is local beat writer” and bam, they’re outside of Ohio and beyond. All of a sudden they can be a household name.
     
    And it’s clear to me that’s what the local media want. They want the Browns to be bad. I listened to the phone ins live for a few years (can’t seem to get them any longer) and it was crazy, now you only have to look at the twitter accounts of the reporters. Honestly have a look, a lot of them just collectively laugh at childish insults of people in the building. And much of this started when their proven leak (the drunk coach) was let go.  
     
    They just do not care. They gain nothing by the Browns winning and a lot by the Browns losing. Radio hosts and news writers don’t pick players in drafts, but they are much more influential than people think. And they play on it to the detriment of the organisation.
     
    They are selfish and they are poison and 90% of them do not want the Browns to be successful. Why would they? It would hurt their career. 
    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @londonbrown said:

    A big problem for the Browns is...Cleveland. 
     
    I ask you please don’t misunderstand me because it’s not the place. I have been to Cleveland twice and I love it. I’ve been all over Europe and the friendliest people I have ever met (especially a young black lady in a bar on E 4th) were in Cleveland. 
     
    Cleveland isn’t a big place. If you’re a local writer or reporter hoping to make it big, you need exposure first. How will you get it? Here goes....
     
    The problem s the media and their influence. Imagine the Browns are like 8-8 on average every year. What good does that do the local media? Nothing. They have very little to offer anybody if the Browns are average. They will be another Florida team nobody cares about. 
     
    So, what if the Browns are brilliant? Well then I’m sure the phone ins etc would be popular. The national media would be interested and therefore send their people down to cover it. I’m sure ESPN Cleveland would get its fair share but they’re the daily hod carriers really and nothing more. 
     
    But what if the Browns are terrible? Well then the local reporters are now the people to go when the national big guys want to run the story of a shambles. They fill an interview on tv or radio “here is local beat writer” and bam, they’re outside of Ohio and beyond. All of a sudden they can be a household name.
     
    And it’s clear to me that’s what the local media want. They want the Browns to be bad. I listened to the phone ins live for a few years (can’t seem to get them any longer) and it was crazy, now you only have to look at the twitter accounts of the reporters. Honestly have a look, a lot of them just collectively laugh at childish insults of people in the building. And much of this started when their proven leak (the drunk coach) was let go.  
     
    They just do not care. They gain nothing by the Browns winning and a lot by the Browns losing. Radio hosts and news writers don’t pick players in drafts, but they are much more influential than people think. And they play on it to the detriment of the organisation.
     
    They are selfish and they are poison and 90% of them do not want the Browns to be successful. Why would they? It would hurt their career. 

    Last I heard is that ESPN is national. They just called the browns a complete and utter failure. It should be blow up and start over.

     I guess it's alright coming from ESPN because it's not Ohio. 

  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Yes, our fans and media are terrible. Supportive yes, but in ways where you’d prefer not to even have their support. 

  • Aaron Goldhammer is the one whose career is built upon the Browns being bad. Goldhammer doesn’t make ya laugh and his takes are boring. While he may be unfunny and uninteresting, he’s not stupid. He understands that he still has to move the needle so to speak, so he trolls Browns and buckeye fans endlessly.  If the Browns are ever good he will have to play the role of the unfunny boring guy pretending he was rooting for the Browns all along which isn’t nearly as compelling as whipping these browns fans into a froth. 

    LogicIsForSquaresL LogicIsForSquares wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @roycerolls said:

    Aaron Goldhammer is the one whose career is built upon the Browns being bad. Goldhammer doesn’t make ya laugh and his takes are boring. While he may be unfunny and uninteresting, he’s not stupid. He understands that he still has to move the needle so to speak, so he trolls Browns and buckeye fans endlessly.  If the Browns are ever good he will have to play the role of the unfunny boring guy pretending he was rooting for the Browns all along which isn’t nearly as compelling as whipping these browns fans into a froth. 

    Goldhammer is atrocious and offers nothing.

  • A big problem for the Browns is...Cleveland. 
     
    I ask you please don’t misunderstand me because it’s not the place. I have been to Cleveland twice and I love it. I’ve been all over Europe and the friendliest people I have ever met (especially a young black lady in a bar on E 4th) were in Cleveland. 
     
    Cleveland isn’t a big place. If you’re a local writer or reporter hoping to make it big, you need exposure first. How will you get it? Here goes....
     
    The problem s the media and their influence. Imagine the Browns are like 8-8 on average every year. What good does that do the local media? Nothing. They have very little to offer anybody if the Browns are average. They will be another Florida team nobody cares about. 
     
    So, what if the Browns are brilliant? Well then I’m sure the phone ins etc would be popular. The national media would be interested and therefore send their people down to cover it. I’m sure ESPN Cleveland would get its fair share but they’re the daily hod carriers really and nothing more. 
     
    But what if the Browns are terrible? Well then the local reporters are now the people to go when the national big guys want to run the story of a shambles. They fill an interview on tv or radio “here is local beat writer” and bam, they’re outside of Ohio and beyond. All of a sudden they can be a household name.
     
    And it’s clear to me that’s what the local media want. They want the Browns to be bad. I listened to the phone ins live for a few years (can’t seem to get them any longer) and it was crazy, now you only have to look at the twitter accounts of the reporters. Honestly have a look, a lot of them just collectively laugh at childish insults of people in the building. And much of this started when their proven leak (the drunk coach) was let go.  
     
    They just do not care. They gain nothing by the Browns winning and a lot by the Browns losing. Radio hosts and news writers don’t pick players in drafts, but they are much more influential than people think. And they play on it to the detriment of the organisation.
     
    They are selfish and they are poison and 90% of them do not want the Browns to be successful. Why would they? It would hurt their career. 
    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @londonbrown said:

    A big problem for the Browns is...Cleveland. 
     
    I ask you please don’t misunderstand me because it’s not the place. I have been to Cleveland twice and I love it. I’ve been all over Europe and the friendliest people I have ever met (especially a young black lady in a bar on E 4th) were in Cleveland. 
     
    Cleveland isn’t a big place. If you’re a local writer or reporter hoping to make it big, you need exposure first. How will you get it? Here goes....
     
    The problem s the media and their influence. Imagine the Browns are like 8-8 on average every year. What good does that do the local media? Nothing. They have very little to offer anybody if the Browns are average. They will be another Florida team nobody cares about. 
     
    So, what if the Browns are brilliant? Well then I’m sure the phone ins etc would be popular. The national media would be interested and therefore send their people down to cover it. I’m sure ESPN Cleveland would get its fair share but they’re the daily hod carriers really and nothing more. 
     
    But what if the Browns are terrible? Well then the local reporters are now the people to go when the national big guys want to run the story of a shambles. They fill an interview on tv or radio “here is local beat writer” and bam, they’re outside of Ohio and beyond. All of a sudden they can be a household name.
     
    And it’s clear to me that’s what the local media want. They want the Browns to be bad. I listened to the phone ins live for a few years (can’t seem to get them any longer) and it was crazy, now you only have to look at the twitter accounts of the reporters. Honestly have a look, a lot of them just collectively laugh at childish insults of people in the building. And much of this started when their proven leak (the drunk coach) was let go.  
     
    They just do not care. They gain nothing by the Browns winning and a lot by the Browns losing. Radio hosts and news writers don’t pick players in drafts, but they are much more influential than people think. And they play on it to the detriment of the organisation.
     
    They are selfish and they are poison and 90% of them do not want the Browns to be successful. Why would they? It would hurt their career. 

    This is fuyucking absurd.  You think the media has had some affect on how badly this team performs?  That is laughable. Cleveland is one of the LEAST media affected markets in this country.   Any of the larger towns have it much, much worse.

    I mean, maybe you are taking Marshall McCluhan too seriously.   Here, the medium is not the message.....a suckass organization is the message....the media just relates it, in a way much more docilely than you would see in most other cities in the US.

  • I know you guys don't care for mkc. But she actually talks to players routinely. None of you do.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    I know you guys don't care for mkc. But she actually talks to players routinely. None of you do.

    Doug, you're mucking up your links! I couldn't open them yesterday either, so I fixed them. Your downloading an unopenable file somhow. To get them to work- if you're say on cleveland.com copy the address in the title bar. Then come back here and in your post there's an icon up top next to B I U that looks like a paper clip. Click on it, hit paste in the URL box and insert into post.

    If you need more help PM me.

  • hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @darren15 said:

    Link does not work

    No kidding. It's an attached 113 byte file, not a link. You can probably go to cleveland.com and find the article, I don't have the time today to fix the links.

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #19

    So some of you people are still gullible and need another 1.5 years of watching this inept FO to realize they're inept.. Got it...

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    I know you guys don't care for mkc. But she actually talks to players routinely. None of you do.

    Doug, you're mucking up your links! I couldn't open them yesterday either, so I fixed them. Your downloading an unopenable file somhow. To get them to work- if you're say on cleveland.com copy the address in the title bar. Then come back here and in your post there's an icon up top next to B I U that looks like a paper clip. Click on it, hit paste in the URL box and insert into post.

    If you need more help PM me.

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @hoorta said:

    Doug, you're mucking up your links! I couldn't open them yesterday either, so I fixed them. Your downloading an unopenable file somhow. To get them to work- if you're say on cleveland.com copy the address in the title bar. Then come back here and in your post there's an icon up top next to B I U that looks like a paper clip. Click on it, hit paste in the URL box and insert into post.

    If you need more help PM me.

    Thanks, I guess my tech skills show my age. I'll work on it. Bet I get it figured out before Stosh figures out a winning roster tho.lol

  • Aaron Goldhammer is the one whose career is built upon the Browns being bad. Goldhammer doesn’t make ya laugh and his takes are boring. While he may be unfunny and uninteresting, he’s not stupid. He understands that he still has to move the needle so to speak, so he trolls Browns and buckeye fans endlessly.  If the Browns are ever good he will have to play the role of the unfunny boring guy pretending he was rooting for the Browns all along which isn’t nearly as compelling as whipping these browns fans into a froth. 

    StinkHoleS StinkHole wrote on last edited by StinkHole
    #21

    @roycerolls said:

    Aaron Goldhammer is the one whose career is built upon the Browns being bad. Goldhammer doesn’t make ya laugh and his takes are boring. While he may be unfunny and uninteresting, he’s not stupid. He understands that he still has to move the needle so to speak, so he trolls Browns and buckeye fans endlessly.  If the Browns are ever good he will have to play the role of the unfunny boring guy pretending he was rooting for the Browns all along which isn’t nearly as compelling as whipping these browns fans into a froth. 

    Goldhammer is a patronizing dbag...pretends to be outraged at the browns situation when on the inside he is loving it. Pretends to want to see Cleveland sports teams to do well when he really doesn't. Pretends to be disappointed when Cleveland teams lose when on the inside he gloats to himself when they do.

    Anyone should be able see right through that little twat, and some caller needs to call him out on it.