Another moan, this time the media
-
I know you guys don't care for mkc. But she actually talks to players routinely. None of you do.
-
Read it and weep
Cleveland is pissed!wkyc.com | How did the Cleveland Browns get to rock bottom in the National Football League?
Link does not work
-
A big problem for the Browns is...Cleveland.I ask you please don’t misunderstand me because it’s not the place. I have been to Cleveland twice and I love it. I’ve been all over Europe and the friendliest people I have ever met (especially a young black lady in a bar on E 4th) were in Cleveland.Cleveland isn’t a big place. If you’re a local writer or reporter hoping to make it big, you need exposure first. How will you get it? Here goes....The problem s the media and their influence. Imagine the Browns are like 8-8 on average every year. What good does that do the local media? Nothing. They have very little to offer anybody if the Browns are average. They will be another Florida team nobody cares about.So, what if the Browns are brilliant? Well then I’m sure the phone ins etc would be popular. The national media would be interested and therefore send their people down to cover it. I’m sure ESPN Cleveland would get its fair share but they’re the daily hod carriers really and nothing more.But what if the Browns are terrible? Well then the local reporters are now the people to go when the national big guys want to run the story of a shambles. They fill an interview on tv or radio “here is local beat writer” and bam, they’re outside of Ohio and beyond. All of a sudden they can be a household name.And it’s clear to me that’s what the local media want. They want the Browns to be bad. I listened to the phone ins live for a few years (can’t seem to get them any longer) and it was crazy, now you only have to look at the twitter accounts of the reporters. Honestly have a look, a lot of them just collectively laugh at childish insults of people in the building. And much of this started when their proven leak (the drunk coach) was let go.They just do not care. They gain nothing by the Browns winning and a lot by the Browns losing. Radio hosts and news writers don’t pick players in drafts, but they are much more influential than people think. And they play on it to the detriment of the organisation.They are selfish and they are poison and 90% of them do not want the Browns to be successful. Why would they? It would hurt their career.A big problem for the Browns is...Cleveland.I ask you please don’t misunderstand me because it’s not the place. I have been to Cleveland twice and I love it. I’ve been all over Europe and the friendliest people I have ever met (especially a young black lady in a bar on E 4th) were in Cleveland.Cleveland isn’t a big place. If you’re a local writer or reporter hoping to make it big, you need exposure first. How will you get it? Here goes....The problem s the media and their influence. Imagine the Browns are like 8-8 on average every year. What good does that do the local media? Nothing. They have very little to offer anybody if the Browns are average. They will be another Florida team nobody cares about.So, what if the Browns are brilliant? Well then I’m sure the phone ins etc would be popular. The national media would be interested and therefore send their people down to cover it. I’m sure ESPN Cleveland would get its fair share but they’re the daily hod carriers really and nothing more.But what if the Browns are terrible? Well then the local reporters are now the people to go when the national big guys want to run the story of a shambles. They fill an interview on tv or radio “here is local beat writer” and bam, they’re outside of Ohio and beyond. All of a sudden they can be a household name.And it’s clear to me that’s what the local media want. They want the Browns to be bad. I listened to the phone ins live for a few years (can’t seem to get them any longer) and it was crazy, now you only have to look at the twitter accounts of the reporters. Honestly have a look, a lot of them just collectively laugh at childish insults of people in the building. And much of this started when their proven leak (the drunk coach) was let go.They just do not care. They gain nothing by the Browns winning and a lot by the Browns losing. Radio hosts and news writers don’t pick players in drafts, but they are much more influential than people think. And they play on it to the detriment of the organisation.They are selfish and they are poison and 90% of them do not want the Browns to be successful. Why would they? It would hurt their career.
Ya, blame the fans for Haslam. 2,000,000 people here are sick of losing football for 20 years and you blame them. ?????????????????????????????
-
Sports time Ohio
Fox Ohio
ABC CBS NBC Fox Cleveland
ABC CBS NBC FOX Youngstown
Plain Dealer, News Herald, Vindicator, Tribune, Beacon Journal, Repository....newspapers
These are the local media that covers the Browns without needing to access the internet. It's where I get info on the team. All these outlets have reporters that visit and talk to players, coaches and FO. Most are pretty good, accurate and fans that want the team to do well.
-
Complete nonsense.
The problem with the Browns is not the media. It is not the fans.
It's the fact that the Browns, since coming back into the NFL in 1999, have been consistently incompetent in acquiring quality players.
Especially quality quarterbacks.
Complete nonsense.
The problem with the Browns is not the media. It is not the fans.
It's the fact that the Browns, since coming back into the NFL in 1999, have been consistently incompetent in acquiring quality players.
Especially quality quarterbacks.
It is all on the people responsible for hiring quality coaches and front office personnel. Blaming the fans here is about a big a load of BS that has come down the pike in over 60 years
-
Aaron Goldhammer is the one whose career is built upon the Browns being bad. Goldhammer doesn’t make ya laugh and his takes are boring. While he may be unfunny and uninteresting, he’s not stupid. He understands that he still has to move the needle so to speak, so he trolls Browns and buckeye fans endlessly. If the Browns are ever good he will have to play the role of the unfunny boring guy pretending he was rooting for the Browns all along which isn’t nearly as compelling as whipping these browns fans into a froth.
-
A big problem for the Browns is...Cleveland.I ask you please don’t misunderstand me because it’s not the place. I have been to Cleveland twice and I love it. I’ve been all over Europe and the friendliest people I have ever met (especially a young black lady in a bar on E 4th) were in Cleveland.Cleveland isn’t a big place. If you’re a local writer or reporter hoping to make it big, you need exposure first. How will you get it? Here goes....The problem s the media and their influence. Imagine the Browns are like 8-8 on average every year. What good does that do the local media? Nothing. They have very little to offer anybody if the Browns are average. They will be another Florida team nobody cares about.So, what if the Browns are brilliant? Well then I’m sure the phone ins etc would be popular. The national media would be interested and therefore send their people down to cover it. I’m sure ESPN Cleveland would get its fair share but they’re the daily hod carriers really and nothing more.But what if the Browns are terrible? Well then the local reporters are now the people to go when the national big guys want to run the story of a shambles. They fill an interview on tv or radio “here is local beat writer” and bam, they’re outside of Ohio and beyond. All of a sudden they can be a household name.And it’s clear to me that’s what the local media want. They want the Browns to be bad. I listened to the phone ins live for a few years (can’t seem to get them any longer) and it was crazy, now you only have to look at the twitter accounts of the reporters. Honestly have a look, a lot of them just collectively laugh at childish insults of people in the building. And much of this started when their proven leak (the drunk coach) was let go.They just do not care. They gain nothing by the Browns winning and a lot by the Browns losing. Radio hosts and news writers don’t pick players in drafts, but they are much more influential than people think. And they play on it to the detriment of the organisation.They are selfish and they are poison and 90% of them do not want the Browns to be successful. Why would they? It would hurt their career.A big problem for the Browns is...Cleveland.I ask you please don’t misunderstand me because it’s not the place. I have been to Cleveland twice and I love it. I’ve been all over Europe and the friendliest people I have ever met (especially a young black lady in a bar on E 4th) were in Cleveland.Cleveland isn’t a big place. If you’re a local writer or reporter hoping to make it big, you need exposure first. How will you get it? Here goes....The problem s the media and their influence. Imagine the Browns are like 8-8 on average every year. What good does that do the local media? Nothing. They have very little to offer anybody if the Browns are average. They will be another Florida team nobody cares about.So, what if the Browns are brilliant? Well then I’m sure the phone ins etc would be popular. The national media would be interested and therefore send their people down to cover it. I’m sure ESPN Cleveland would get its fair share but they’re the daily hod carriers really and nothing more.But what if the Browns are terrible? Well then the local reporters are now the people to go when the national big guys want to run the story of a shambles. They fill an interview on tv or radio “here is local beat writer” and bam, they’re outside of Ohio and beyond. All of a sudden they can be a household name.And it’s clear to me that’s what the local media want. They want the Browns to be bad. I listened to the phone ins live for a few years (can’t seem to get them any longer) and it was crazy, now you only have to look at the twitter accounts of the reporters. Honestly have a look, a lot of them just collectively laugh at childish insults of people in the building. And much of this started when their proven leak (the drunk coach) was let go.They just do not care. They gain nothing by the Browns winning and a lot by the Browns losing. Radio hosts and news writers don’t pick players in drafts, but they are much more influential than people think. And they play on it to the detriment of the organisation.They are selfish and they are poison and 90% of them do not want the Browns to be successful. Why would they? It would hurt their career.
Last I heard is that ESPN is national. They just called the browns a complete and utter failure. It should be blow up and start over.
I guess it's alright coming from ESPN because it's not Ohio.
-
Yes, our fans and media are terrible. Supportive yes, but in ways where you’d prefer not to even have their support.
-
Aaron Goldhammer is the one whose career is built upon the Browns being bad. Goldhammer doesn’t make ya laugh and his takes are boring. While he may be unfunny and uninteresting, he’s not stupid. He understands that he still has to move the needle so to speak, so he trolls Browns and buckeye fans endlessly. If the Browns are ever good he will have to play the role of the unfunny boring guy pretending he was rooting for the Browns all along which isn’t nearly as compelling as whipping these browns fans into a froth.
Aaron Goldhammer is the one whose career is built upon the Browns being bad. Goldhammer doesn’t make ya laugh and his takes are boring. While he may be unfunny and uninteresting, he’s not stupid. He understands that he still has to move the needle so to speak, so he trolls Browns and buckeye fans endlessly. If the Browns are ever good he will have to play the role of the unfunny boring guy pretending he was rooting for the Browns all along which isn’t nearly as compelling as whipping these browns fans into a froth.
Goldhammer is atrocious and offers nothing.
-
A big problem for the Browns is...Cleveland.I ask you please don’t misunderstand me because it’s not the place. I have been to Cleveland twice and I love it. I’ve been all over Europe and the friendliest people I have ever met (especially a young black lady in a bar on E 4th) were in Cleveland.Cleveland isn’t a big place. If you’re a local writer or reporter hoping to make it big, you need exposure first. How will you get it? Here goes....The problem s the media and their influence. Imagine the Browns are like 8-8 on average every year. What good does that do the local media? Nothing. They have very little to offer anybody if the Browns are average. They will be another Florida team nobody cares about.So, what if the Browns are brilliant? Well then I’m sure the phone ins etc would be popular. The national media would be interested and therefore send their people down to cover it. I’m sure ESPN Cleveland would get its fair share but they’re the daily hod carriers really and nothing more.But what if the Browns are terrible? Well then the local reporters are now the people to go when the national big guys want to run the story of a shambles. They fill an interview on tv or radio “here is local beat writer” and bam, they’re outside of Ohio and beyond. All of a sudden they can be a household name.And it’s clear to me that’s what the local media want. They want the Browns to be bad. I listened to the phone ins live for a few years (can’t seem to get them any longer) and it was crazy, now you only have to look at the twitter accounts of the reporters. Honestly have a look, a lot of them just collectively laugh at childish insults of people in the building. And much of this started when their proven leak (the drunk coach) was let go.They just do not care. They gain nothing by the Browns winning and a lot by the Browns losing. Radio hosts and news writers don’t pick players in drafts, but they are much more influential than people think. And they play on it to the detriment of the organisation.They are selfish and they are poison and 90% of them do not want the Browns to be successful. Why would they? It would hurt their career.A big problem for the Browns is...Cleveland.I ask you please don’t misunderstand me because it’s not the place. I have been to Cleveland twice and I love it. I’ve been all over Europe and the friendliest people I have ever met (especially a young black lady in a bar on E 4th) were in Cleveland.Cleveland isn’t a big place. If you’re a local writer or reporter hoping to make it big, you need exposure first. How will you get it? Here goes....The problem s the media and their influence. Imagine the Browns are like 8-8 on average every year. What good does that do the local media? Nothing. They have very little to offer anybody if the Browns are average. They will be another Florida team nobody cares about.So, what if the Browns are brilliant? Well then I’m sure the phone ins etc would be popular. The national media would be interested and therefore send their people down to cover it. I’m sure ESPN Cleveland would get its fair share but they’re the daily hod carriers really and nothing more.But what if the Browns are terrible? Well then the local reporters are now the people to go when the national big guys want to run the story of a shambles. They fill an interview on tv or radio “here is local beat writer” and bam, they’re outside of Ohio and beyond. All of a sudden they can be a household name.And it’s clear to me that’s what the local media want. They want the Browns to be bad. I listened to the phone ins live for a few years (can’t seem to get them any longer) and it was crazy, now you only have to look at the twitter accounts of the reporters. Honestly have a look, a lot of them just collectively laugh at childish insults of people in the building. And much of this started when their proven leak (the drunk coach) was let go.They just do not care. They gain nothing by the Browns winning and a lot by the Browns losing. Radio hosts and news writers don’t pick players in drafts, but they are much more influential than people think. And they play on it to the detriment of the organisation.They are selfish and they are poison and 90% of them do not want the Browns to be successful. Why would they? It would hurt their career.
This is fuyucking absurd. You think the media has had some affect on how badly this team performs? That is laughable. Cleveland is one of the LEAST media affected markets in this country. Any of the larger towns have it much, much worse.
I mean, maybe you are taking Marshall McCluhan too seriously. Here, the medium is not the message.....a suckass organization is the message....the media just relates it, in a way much more docilely than you would see in most other cities in the US.
-
I know you guys don't care for mkc. But she actually talks to players routinely. None of you do.
I know you guys don't care for mkc. But she actually talks to players routinely. None of you do.
Doug, you're mucking up your links! I couldn't open them yesterday either, so I fixed them. Your downloading an unopenable file somhow. To get them to work- if you're say on cleveland.com copy the address in the title bar. Then come back here and in your post there's an icon up top next to B I U that looks like a paper clip. Click on it, hit paste in the URL box and insert into post.
If you need more help PM me.
-
Read it and weep
Cleveland is pissed!wkyc.com | How did the Cleveland Browns get to rock bottom in the National Football League?
Link does not work
-
I know you guys don't care for mkc. But she actually talks to players routinely. None of you do.
Doug, you're mucking up your links! I couldn't open them yesterday either, so I fixed them. Your downloading an unopenable file somhow. To get them to work- if you're say on cleveland.com copy the address in the title bar. Then come back here and in your post there's an icon up top next to B I U that looks like a paper clip. Click on it, hit paste in the URL box and insert into post.
If you need more help PM me.
Doug, you're mucking up your links! I couldn't open them yesterday either, so I fixed them. Your downloading an unopenable file somhow. To get them to work- if you're say on cleveland.com copy the address in the title bar. Then come back here and in your post there's an icon up top next to B I U that looks like a paper clip. Click on it, hit paste in the URL box and insert into post.
If you need more help PM me.
Thanks, I guess my tech skills show my age. I'll work on it. Bet I get it figured out before Stosh figures out a winning roster tho.lol
-
Aaron Goldhammer is the one whose career is built upon the Browns being bad. Goldhammer doesn’t make ya laugh and his takes are boring. While he may be unfunny and uninteresting, he’s not stupid. He understands that he still has to move the needle so to speak, so he trolls Browns and buckeye fans endlessly. If the Browns are ever good he will have to play the role of the unfunny boring guy pretending he was rooting for the Browns all along which isn’t nearly as compelling as whipping these browns fans into a froth.
Aaron Goldhammer is the one whose career is built upon the Browns being bad. Goldhammer doesn’t make ya laugh and his takes are boring. While he may be unfunny and uninteresting, he’s not stupid. He understands that he still has to move the needle so to speak, so he trolls Browns and buckeye fans endlessly. If the Browns are ever good he will have to play the role of the unfunny boring guy pretending he was rooting for the Browns all along which isn’t nearly as compelling as whipping these browns fans into a froth.
Goldhammer is a patronizing dbag...pretends to be outraged at the browns situation when on the inside he is loving it. Pretends to want to see Cleveland sports teams to do well when he really doesn't. Pretends to be disappointed when Cleveland teams lose when on the inside he gloats to himself when they do.
Anyone should be able see right through that little twat, and some caller needs to call him out on it.
-
Aaron Goldhammer is the one whose career is built upon the Browns being bad. Goldhammer doesn’t make ya laugh and his takes are boring. While he may be unfunny and uninteresting, he’s not stupid. He understands that he still has to move the needle so to speak, so he trolls Browns and buckeye fans endlessly. If the Browns are ever good he will have to play the role of the unfunny boring guy pretending he was rooting for the Browns all along which isn’t nearly as compelling as whipping these browns fans into a froth.
Goldhammer is a patronizing dbag...pretends to be outraged at the browns situation when on the inside he is loving it. Pretends to want to see Cleveland sports teams to do well when he really doesn't. Pretends to be disappointed when Cleveland teams lose when on the inside he gloats to himself when they do.
Anyone should be able see right through that little twat, and some caller needs to call him out on it.
Goldhammer is a patronizing dbag...pretends to be outraged at the browns situation when on the inside he is loving it. Pretends to want to see Cleveland sports teams to do well when he really doesn't. Pretends to be disappointed when Cleveland teams lose when on the inside he gloats to himself when they do.
Anyone should be able see right through that little twat, and some caller needs to call him out on it.
Possibly accurate. It was at least for like his first 5 years on the air. Maybe since then he has come around some though.
-
Since 92.3 became a sports station, I think I've listened to 30 seconds on WKNR.
For every hour of WKNR, there's 10 minutes of content and 50 minutes of commercials, news tickers, weather updates, etc.
-
Since 92.3 became a sports station, I think I've listened to 30 seconds on WKNR.
For every hour of WKNR, there's 10 minutes of content and 50 minutes of commercials, news tickers, weather updates, etc.
Since 92.3 became a sports station, I think I've listened to 30 seconds on WKNR.
For every hour of WKNR, there's 10 minutes of content and 50 minutes of commercials, news tickers, weather updates, etc.
It is horrible with the commercials there. It would be interesting to see an accurate accounting of how much time they really devote to things other than sports. I know, on occasion that I would have them on on my way to the office....which is like 8.2 miles from my house. If I turn it on somewhere near the top of the hour, I can practically go from home to the office and they will be on commercials etc. the entire time.
And I also wonder how they compare in this regard to 92.3.
Also...I have vowed to never buy the products that they push so hard with their commercials. Bee bullshite, windows, etc. Though, there is one major exception: ACME. I worked for ACME for 5 years in college...and they DO have just about the best prices around on groceries. Plus, the ACME spots that KNR runs are not as constant, voluminous, and obnoxious as a lot of their other ads.
-
I blame the media, for not being harder on the organization. Can you imagine if the Giants went on a run like this? No one asks difficult questions in the pressroom and Hue is allowed to play the same tune every week. The team Shmucking stinks and has stunk for 10 years. This is what floors me. This team has won more than 5 games ONCE in the last 10 years, a stellar 7-9 record and fans keep the faith and blame everyone except for the players and front office. The coaches and now the media are to blame, smh.
-
A big problem for the Browns is...Cleveland.I ask you please don’t misunderstand me because it’s not the place. I have been to Cleveland twice and I love it. I’ve been all over Europe and the friendliest people I have ever met (especially a young black lady in a bar on E 4th) were in Cleveland.Cleveland isn’t a big place. If you’re a local writer or reporter hoping to make it big, you need exposure first. How will you get it? Here goes....The problem s the media and their influence. Imagine the Browns are like 8-8 on average every year. What good does that do the local media? Nothing. They have very little to offer anybody if the Browns are average. They will be another Florida team nobody cares about.So, what if the Browns are brilliant? Well then I’m sure the phone ins etc would be popular. The national media would be interested and therefore send their people down to cover it. I’m sure ESPN Cleveland would get its fair share but they’re the daily hod carriers really and nothing more.But what if the Browns are terrible? Well then the local reporters are now the people to go when the national big guys want to run the story of a shambles. They fill an interview on tv or radio “here is local beat writer” and bam, they’re outside of Ohio and beyond. All of a sudden they can be a household name.And it’s clear to me that’s what the local media want. They want the Browns to be bad. I listened to the phone ins live for a few years (can’t seem to get them any longer) and it was crazy, now you only have to look at the twitter accounts of the reporters. Honestly have a look, a lot of them just collectively laugh at childish insults of people in the building. And much of this started when their proven leak (the drunk coach) was let go.They just do not care. They gain nothing by the Browns winning and a lot by the Browns losing. Radio hosts and news writers don’t pick players in drafts, but they are much more influential than people think. And they play on it to the detriment of the organisation.They are selfish and they are poison and 90% of them do not want the Browns to be successful. Why would they? It would hurt their career.A big problem for the Browns is...Cleveland.I ask you please don’t misunderstand me because it’s not the place. I have been to Cleveland twice and I love it. I’ve been all over Europe and the friendliest people I have ever met (especially a young black lady in a bar on E 4th) were in Cleveland.
Didn't have to read very much to know this was going to be dumbass post....... or a post by a dumbass???
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
Paste your link in the URL box, NOT the Link Text box. We tries to help around here.