Skip to content

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

The Browns Board
3.1k 65 181.6k 2
  • @mjp28 said:

    Oh God it just hit me my GAMEDAY meal this Sunday and Monday will be hospital food again!

    Well the hospital I will be in isn't too bad for meals......for hospital food. (see the Barber Shop forum for details)

    GO BROWNS, just do it baby!

    F the hospital-get a pizza delivered.??

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    F the hospital-get a pizza delivered.??

    Hmmmmm, but Monday I might be NPO......I'm sure my surgeon will love that.  😆

  • @texasag1969 said:

    F the hospital-get a pizza delivered.??

    Hmmmmm, but Monday I might be NPO......I'm sure my surgeon will love that.  😆

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Hmmmmm, but Monday I might be NPO......I'm sure my surgeon will love that.  😆

    Just tell him if he only sees pepperoni to close it back up, you're fine.?

  • Oh God it just hit me my GAMEDAY meal this Sunday and Monday will be hospital food again!

    Well the hospital I will be in isn't too bad for meals......for hospital food. (see the Barber Shop forum for details)

    GO BROWNS, just do it baby!

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Oh God it just hit me my GAMEDAY meal this Sunday and Monday will be hospital food again!

    Well the hospital I will be in isn't too bad for meals......for hospital food. (see the Barber Shop forum for details)

    GO BROWNS, just do it baby!

    Good luck and get well soon. 

    Grandkids this weekend. Honey crisp apple fritters it will be. The apple crop is bountiful this fall

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    mjp28   and a Good Luck, and get well soon to our Browns Brother.. btw.. Jake knows of a place with worse food..

    but the hospital fake scrambled eggs & boxed potatoes do suck>>> request them to find a real farmer ?       

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @dutch-oven said:

    Here's to a speedy recovery mjp - we'll be here waiting for you. 

    Oh yeah I know the procedure and all of that but I have to strap it up again, but a famous quote comes to mind:

    Sergeant Hulka : I'm getting too old for this shit.   

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Here's to a speedy recovery mjp - we'll be here waiting for you. 

    Oh yeah I know the procedure and all of that but I have to strap it up again, but a famous quote comes to mind:

    Sergeant Hulka : I'm getting too old for this shit.   

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Oh yeah I know the procedure and all of that but I have to strap it up again, but a famous quote comes to mind:

    Sergeant Hulka : I'm getting too old for this shit.   

    Better than the alternative 

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    SO what are you guys having for GAMEDAY meals?

    I will probably have some mystery meat with mashed potatoes and yellow gravy Sunday and probably jello for MNF........yum.

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by jcam222

    I’m smoking two boneless turkey breasts and a small brisket point. Probably throw a tray of steak burgers in to smoke towards the end. 

  • SO what are you guys having for GAMEDAY meals?

    I will probably have some mystery meat with mashed potatoes and yellow gravy Sunday and probably jello for MNF........yum.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    SO what are you guys having for GAMEDAY meals?

    I will probably have some mystery meat with mashed potatoes and yellow gravy Sunday and probably jello for MNF........yum.

    I'm thinking of maybe opening a bottle of Cabernet so I can either celebrate with it or commiserate with it. Add a nice steak on the grill should just about top it off. Maybe add some of my world famous fresh green beans cooked with chopped bacon and store bought tater salad (I'm too retired to make my own).?

  • @mjp28 said:

    SO what are you guys having for GAMEDAY meals?

    I will probably have some mystery meat with mashed potatoes and yellow gravy Sunday and probably jello for MNF........yum.

    I'm thinking of maybe opening a bottle of Cabernet so I can either celebrate with it or commiserate with it. Add a nice steak on the grill should just about top it off. Maybe add some of my world famous fresh green beans cooked with chopped bacon and store bought tater salad (I'm too retired to make my own).?

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by jcam222

    @texasag1969 said:

    I'm thinking of maybe opening a bottle of Cabernet so I can either celebrate with it or commiserate with it. Add a nice steak on the grill should just about top it off. Maybe add some of my world famous fresh green beans cooked with chopped bacon and store bought tater salad (I'm too retired to make my own).?

    I was smoking pork butts last weeeknd and threw  a batch of green beans with chopped bacon, candy onion , a touch or Parmesan and chicken broth in with them. They were insanely good. 

  • No BROWNS WEEK 9? Hey no problem we still have to eat, so what's your favorite gameday or just weekend eats?

    Dine in or tavern hangout, carryout, favorite rib, chicken, pizza, sandwich, whatever or even cook at home what's up for GAMEDAY ?

    ......... OCTOBER 23, 2019......and we've added something that has become more popular delivery! Everyone is getting into the delivery business now even the better restaurants.  

    ...... June 3, 2022 ......  a few tweaks to.......7/20/22.....

    ●  Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    No BROWNS WEEK 9? Hey no problem we still have to eat, so what's your favorite gameday or just weekend eats?

    Dine in or tavern hangout, carryout, favorite rib, chicken, pizza, sandwich, whatever or even cook at home what's up for gameday?

    We don't have a clear cut favorite. Since we have NFL Ticket, we don't go out anymore but may have some grub delievered, or, may make some grub at home, it all depends.

    Among the things we like on game day:

    Order out pizza, wings and/or subs.

    Make burgers, cheese steaks, nachos, cold cut subs, chicken, etc. at home. Miller or Bud light.  

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    Anybody going to or hosting a Sunday or Monday night tailgating party? What's cookin'?

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by jcam222

    Cooking ahead since we have Sunday games to watch and no Browns until Monday night.Like usual fired up the smoker. Did some sugar free  sweet hot dry rub wings , two boneless turkey breasts injected with butter, broth and a little rub mix and then rubbed and lastly a small brisket point with coffee cocoa rub. All smoked with lump oak charcoal and for wood some cherry 

    Going to chill the breasts to close to frozen and use the slicer to make lunch meat 

    wings.jpg

    brisket slice.jpg

    brisket.jpg

    turkey2.jpg

    turky 1.jpg

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    Meanwhile, down in dicksburg

    30563305-BCB2-47B3-8EA4-4D3525CB968D.jpeg

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    I just had my supper at 8 pm pasta and meat sauce, green beans, roll and nice oatmeal with raisins cookie.....not bad for hospital cooking!

    .......but not exactly GAMEDAY cooking.  😉

    I am NPO tonight surgery either Monday or Tuesday will find out tomorrow.

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    grasshoppers? those are supposed to be only eaten with the head, legs removed etc, then fried....

    which I have never tried, btw.

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Burger King while on the road

  • grasshoppers? those are supposed to be only eaten with the head, legs removed etc, then fried....

    which I have never tried, btw.

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    grasshoppers? those are supposed to be only eaten with the head, legs removed etc, then fried....

    which I have never tried, btw.

    You’re probably right. But in dicksburg they tend to eat things you and I would call “bait”

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    Nothing like a few balut:

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969

    I'm not gonna gross you out, but you can find a youtube on killing, cooking and eating dog in Vietnam. It's actually quite tasty I confess. And as that video says they look at it no differently than Texans do raising, killing and eating cattle or pigs. My hosts tried to trick me by not telling me what they were serving me, but I could tell by the grins when I was eating it that they were up to something. I think they wanted to see if I would throw up once I knew what I had eaten. But believe me duck blood pudding is far worse.  Yum Yum!!??