Skip to content

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

The Browns Board
3.1k 65 181.6k 2
  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    Lake Erie Yellow Perch. 30 a day plus a few Walleye. Perfect food for perfect weather

  • @mjp28 said:

    One thing is for sure Amazon is a great marketer and advertizer, books on cooking, Akron and Summit County in my email box today.......

    Here's all you need according to the vast majority of LSU and Saints fans. ☠️?

    https://www.cajuncookingrecipes.com/wildgamerecipes/wildgamerecipes_armadillorecipes.htm

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Here's all you need according to the vast majority of LSU and Saints fans. ☠️?

    https://www.cajuncookingrecipes.com/wildgamerecipes/wildgamerecipes_armadillorecipes.htm

    Hard pass lol “The meat is said to taste like fine-grained, high-quality pork. ... Armadillos are known to carry leprosy, and although the incidence level is fairly low in most regions there is still a risk of transmission if the meat is undercooked.”

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    Nothing exotic this evening. Hot roast beef Sammie’s and whipped taters. Homemade soft pretzels brushed with butter and mustard dip for after.  And for you Great Lakes Christmas Ale fans. Third week of October, it’ll be pouring then

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    Today I have my homemade chicken rice soup with sushi rice instead of Uncle Bens, leftover pork tenderloin in my homemade blackberry jam bourbon sauce and a dry red Cote du Rhone from that area of southern France to go with the pork tenderloin. Side dish of pasta salad with cut up fresh cherry tomatoes, chopped provolone and a Tuscan salad dressing.

    BTW in case I never mentioned it I have a little sign in the kitchen I gave my wife that reads, "Men are like fine wine. They start out like grapes and it's our job to stomp on them and keep them in the dark until they mature into something you'd like to have dinner with."  And on the counter below it I keep a ceramic hot plate that reads, "I love to cook with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food."?

  • Today I have my homemade chicken rice soup with sushi rice instead of Uncle Bens, leftover pork tenderloin in my homemade blackberry jam bourbon sauce and a dry red Cote du Rhone from that area of southern France to go with the pork tenderloin. Side dish of pasta salad with cut up fresh cherry tomatoes, chopped provolone and a Tuscan salad dressing.

    BTW in case I never mentioned it I have a little sign in the kitchen I gave my wife that reads, "Men are like fine wine. They start out like grapes and it's our job to stomp on them and keep them in the dark until they mature into something you'd like to have dinner with."  And on the counter below it I keep a ceramic hot plate that reads, "I love to cook with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food."?

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Today I have my homemade chicken rice soup with sushi rice instead of Uncle Bens, leftover pork tenderloin in my homemade blackberry jam bourbon sauce and a dry red Cote du Rhone from that area of southern France to go with the pork tenderloin. Side dish of pasta salad with cut up fresh cherry tomatoes, chopped provolone and a Tuscan salad dressing.

    BTW in case I never mentioned it I have a little sign in the kitchen I gave my wife that reads, "Men are like fine wine. They start out like grapes and it's our job to stomp on them and keep them in the dark until they mature into something you'd like to have dinner with."  And on the counter below it I keep a ceramic hot plate that reads, "I love to cook with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food."?

    I enjoy the song Wine Wine Wine by M Hart but I’d rather cook with beer. And not light beer. More like a strong ale. The barley comes off beefy especially steaming.  Old Bay and beer..... Yum!

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Today I have my homemade chicken rice soup with sushi rice instead of Uncle Bens, leftover pork tenderloin in my homemade blackberry jam bourbon sauce and a dry red Cote du Rhone from that area of southern France to go with the pork tenderloin. Side dish of pasta salad with cut up fresh cherry tomatoes, chopped provolone and a Tuscan salad dressing.

    BTW in case I never mentioned it I have a little sign in the kitchen I gave my wife that reads, "Men are like fine wine. They start out like grapes and it's our job to stomp on them and keep them in the dark until they mature into something you'd like to have dinner with."  And on the counter below it I keep a ceramic hot plate that reads, "I love to cook with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food."?

    I enjoy the song Wine Wine Wine by M Hart but I’d rather cook with beer. And not light beer. More like a strong ale. The barley comes off beefy especially steaming.  Old Bay and beer..... Yum!

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    I enjoy the song Wine Wine Wine by M Hart but I’d rather cook with beer. And not light beer. More like a strong ale. The barley comes off beefy especially steaming.  Old Bay and beer..... Yum!

    Red, Red Wine-UB40 or Bob Marley

  • Lake Erie Yellow Perch. 30 a day plus a few Walleye. Perfect food for perfect weather

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Lake Erie Yellow Perch. 30 a day plus a few Walleye. Perfect food for perfect weather

    Oh yes nothing like the real thing on GAMEDAY or any day.

    Ever do smelt? How about monk fish or others baked, fried or grilled?

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    Lake Erie Yellow Perch. 30 a day plus a few Walleye. Perfect food for perfect weather

    Oh yes nothing like the real thing on GAMEDAY or any day.

    Ever do smelt? How about monk fish or others baked, fried or grilled?

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Oh yes nothing like the real thing on GAMEDAY or any day.

    Ever do smelt? How about monk fish or others baked, fried or grilled?

    Last time I had smelt was from 7 mile inn. Been awhile. As far as fish filets?  I like to fish and usually catch at least a couple crappie or channel cats but fresh is the key. I also bleed out anything larger like Walleye, steelhead, cats, etc. Having freshwater fish that fresh makes it awful hard to buy filets of anything. I do buy a good bit of shellfish tho.  Cooking..., it’s all good. I have been getting into grilling shrimp. Crappie filets... put a few in a glass pan. Brush with olive oil, light sprinkle lemon pepper. Tablespoon or so butter. Cover and microwave 3-5 minutes. It’s amazing at how tasty it is for the simplicity 

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    Growing up I lived about 1/4 mile from Liberty Lake my dad fixed the watchman's TV and other stuff so I could fish anytime for free.

    Used to walk to the lake and catch a lot of fresh fish especially big crappies and walk home and either filet them and fry or occasionally freeze and have later.

    Nice too to have some Lake Erie fresh catch once in a while, oh yeah. I'm good with fried, baked or grilled anytime.

  • Growing up I lived about 1/4 mile from Liberty Lake my dad fixed the watchman's TV and other stuff so I could fish anytime for free.

    Used to walk to the lake and catch a lot of fresh fish especially big crappies and walk home and either filet them and fry or occasionally freeze and have later.

    Nice too to have some Lake Erie fresh catch once in a while, oh yeah. I'm good with fried, baked or grilled anytime.

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Growing up I lived about 1/4 mile from Liberty Lake my dad fixed the watchman's TV and other stuff so I could fish anytime for free.

    Used to walk to the lake and catch a lot of fresh fish especially big crappies and walk home and either filet them and try or occasionally freeze and have later.

    Nice too to have some Lake Erie fresh catch once in a while, oh yeah. I'm good with fried, baked or grilled anytime.

    When you freeze them., do it twice. Put your filets in a bowl, bag whatever. Add some water, freeze solid then add more water. I’ve put them in a small plastic bowl. Then pop them out into a bag and freeze again. 

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    A good GAMEDAY or anyday recipe from GOOD HOUSEKEEPING a name you can trust.

    Baguette Pizzas

     
     
     
    baguette pizzas
    MIKE GARTEN

    Remember those frozen French bread pizzas you ate in the good ol' days? Yea, these are 10x better.

    YIELDS:6 servings ........TOTAL TIME:0 hours 25 mins
    Ingredients
    Buffalo Chicken Baguette Pizza
    1 baguette (24-inch)
    2 c. shredded rotisserie-chicken
    2/3 c. Buffalo-style hot sauce
    1/4 c. ranch dressing, plus more for topping
    6 oz. mozzarella, coarsely grated
    1/2 c. crumbled blue cheese
    2 I scallions, thinly sliced

    Chopped cilantro, for topping

    Caramelized Shallots, Goat Cheese, and Honey Baguette Pizza
    1 baguette (24-inch)
    1/4 c. olive oil
    4 shallots, thinly sliced
    4 cloves garlic, finely chopped

    Kosher salt   and pepper

    1 c. whole milk ricotta
    4 oz. mozzarella, coarsely grated
    1/2 c. goat cheese, crumbled
    2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
    1/4 c. walnuts, toasted and choppedH.....Honey for drizzling
    Pepperoni 2.0
    1 baguette (24-inch)
    (15-ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, drained
    1 tbsp. fresh oregano, chopped
    1 large clove garlic, finely grated
    2 anchovy fillets, finely chopped
    6 oz. mozzarella, coarsely grated
    2 oz. pepperoni, thinly sliced
    1/3 c. pickled pepperoncini peppers, thinly sliced
     
     
    Directions
     
    1. For each pizza, prepare the bread: Place an oven rack in middle of oven and heat broiler. Split baguette and arrange on baking sheet cut-side up. Broil until light golden brown, 2 to 3 min. Reduce oven temp to 375°F and top bread using recipes below.
    2. Buffalo Chicken Baguette Pizza: In small bowl, combine chicken and hot sauce; set aside. Spread 2 tablespoons dressing over cut side of bread and sprinkle with mozzarella. Top with chicken mixture and blue cheese.
    3. Bake until cheese has melted and bread is crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Top with scallions and cilantro and drizzle with additional ranch, if desired.
    4. Caramelized Shallots, Goat Cheese, and Honey Baguette Pizza: Heat oil in medium skillet on medium. Add shallots and garlic, season with a pinch each of salt and pepper and cook, tossing occasionally, until golden brown and tender, 18 to 22 minutes.
    5. Spread ricotta over cut sides of bread and sprinkle with mozzarella. Top with shallot mixture, then goat cheese and thyme leaves. Bake until cheese has melted and bread is crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Top with walnuts and drizzle with honey.
    6. Pepperoni 2.0: In medium bowl, hand-crush the tomatoes then stir in oregano, garlic, and anchovies.
    7. Spread 1/2 cup sauce onto cut sides of bread (there will be extra sauce). Top with mozzarella, pepperoni and peppers. Bake until cheese has melted and bread is crisp, 3 to 4 minutes.

    Nutritional information (per serving):

    Buffalo Chicken Baguette Pizza, About 450 calories, 20 g fat (8 g saturated), 26 g protein, 1,705 mg sodium, 48 g carb, 3 g fiber.

    Caramelized Shallots, Goat Cheese, and Honey Baguette Pizza, About 520 calories, 24 g fat (9 g saturated), 21 g protein, 715 mg sodium, 57 g carb, 4 g fiber.

    Pepperoni 2.0 Pizza, About 355 calories, 11 g fat (5.5 g saturated), 18 g protein, 1,020 mg sodium, 47 g carb, 3 g fiber.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    I've got a link for all of you GAMEDAY cooks and tailgaters from GOOD HOUSEKEEPING a name you can trust -and- they have a great foundation cookbook that any cook would love to have.

    50 Easy Recipes for the Best Tailgate Food Around

    This falls under the category of 50 best tailgating foods.  Some I like some I don't but look for yourself for ideas for your next GAMEDAY or tailgating meal.

    https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/food-recipes/easy/g28422681/best-tailgate-food/

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    Thinking Blackened Chicken Wings for Sunday.   Seems appropriate 

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    A little note on the BAGUETTE PIZZAS we used to make something like this years back but if you like crunchy easy to make and eat pizzas you might want to try this recipe.

    Also great snack size when watching the game.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    For this Saturday college GAMEDAY meal just before watching the BUCKEYES I having a Whopper and large fries!

    Yes BK food still 2 for $6 and fries haven't had a burger in weeks.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    I'm just lounging around here thinking about good recipes I might try when I get out of here and ran across this one

    CREAMY STEAK FETTUCCINE

    Whenever we crave steak this dish is always what we want to make. It comes together quickly and is so full of flavor. It makes us forget chicken ever existed. 

    If you want the steak without the pasta, may I suggest Cajun Butter Steak? 

    Made this for date night and fell in love over the dish? Let us know in the comments below and don't forget to rate it! 

    YIELDS:4 SERVINGS      PREP TIME:0 HOURS 10 MINS     TOTAL TIME:0 HOURS 30 MINS
    INGREDIENTS
     
    12 oz. fettuccine
    1 lb. sirloin steak
    2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil 

    Kosher salt   Freshly ground black pepper

    2 tbsp. butter
    2 cloves, minced
    2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
    2 c. milk
    1 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
    1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan
    1 1/2 c. halved cherry tomatoes
    4 c. baby spinach

    Balsamic glaze, for drizzling

    GET INGREDIENTS Powered by Chicory
     
    DIRECTIONS
     
    1. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
    2. Coat both sides of steak with oil and season generously with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook steak until your desired doneness, 4 minutes per side for medium rare. Transfer to a plate to let rest, 10 minutes, then thinly slice.
    3. Meanwhile, make alfredo sauce: Add butter to skillet and let melt, then add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Whisk in flour and cook 1 minute more, then add milk and simmer until thickened, 5 minutes. Add parsley and Parmesan and season with salt and pepper. Add tomatoes and cook down 2 minutes. 
    4. Add cooked pasta to sauce and toss until coated, then add spinach and toss until wilted.  
    5. Top with sliced steak and drizzle with balsamic glaze.
     

    190409-creamy-steak-fettucine-horizontal-1-1555596324.png

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    And here is the carb friendly option, let me know if any of you try either of these recipes and how they came out.

    CAJUN BUTTER STEAK

    YIELDS:6 - 8 SERVINGS    PREP TIME:0 HOURS 15 MINS    TOTAL TIME:0 HOURS 40 MINS
    INGREDIENTS
     
    1/2 c. low-sodium soy sauce
    1/3 c. extra-virgin olive oil
    1/4 c. lightly packed brown sugar
    1/4 c. bourbon
    2 tbsp. whole-grain mustard
    2 tsp. cajun seasoning
    2 cloves garlic, minced
    1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves
    2 lb. tri-tip steak (or a very thick cut of sirloin)
    2 tbsp. butter, cut into tabs
    Freshly chopped parsley, for garnish (optional)
     
     
    DIRECTIONS
     
    1. In a large bowl, whisk together soy sauce, olive oil, brown sugar, bourbon, mustard, Cajun seasoning, garlic, thyme, and red pepper flakes. Pour out about ⅓ of mixture to use for glaze later. Toss steak in mixture and let marinate for 20 minutes, or up to 4 hours. (If marinating for more than 20 minutes, cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate.)
    2. Heat grill or grill pan to high. Remove steak from marinade and season both sides with salt and pepper. Grill until charred on bottom, about 10 minutes. Flip steak, then lower grill to medium-high and cook for another 8 to 10 minutes. (A meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat should register around 130°.) Remove from grill and let rest on cutting board before slicing against the grain. 
    3. Meanwhile, make glaze: Pour reserved marinade into a small saucepan and bring mixture to boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium, and cook until mixture has thickened slightly. Whisk in butter until melted. Remove from heat
    4. Brush glaze over steak and garnish with parsley, if using.
     

    delish-cajun-butter-steak-still006-1528495387.jpg

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    LOL! Like I said elsewhere, it's contrarian week. Yum!?

    Spam for the Summer

    image
     
    Sheldon Simeon

    Instead of a bowl of hot ramen, Top Chef alum Sheldon Simeon says that in Hawaii, the locals prefer to fry ramen-like saimin noodles with a ton of garlic when temperatures rise. Simeon himself starts by boiling off the noodles, then frying them in garlic oil and finishing with fried garlic and garlic chives. His topper is usually Spam, chopped and then crisped up. "We don't always have roast pork or pork belly laying around. [Spam] is the go-to protein when you don't have anything else available," he says. "The saltiness of Spam works so well with the garlic noodles." Find the recipe here.

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by

    I usually love salty foods, but I HATE Spam!

    Mike  

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73

    Gumby postponed the Baltimore road trip over his brides wedding anniversary? (what do i win?😉) in a effort to win the day.. k2Q.gif      I  made pounding f'n pancakes for two(many)..pinch of walnuts with pinch of cinnamon..add Maple Syrup to the Smells of a great winning football Sunday & man am a lucky man with a great wife..  ?...