• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.
-
@dutch-oven said:
So when you start adding eggs and bread crumbs to hamburgers, aren't you just making meatballs that you eat with a bun?
(I swear to dog that this exact argument nearly caused guys I know to come to blows years ago ?)
Essentially yes but on the grill they have a good complex flavor. Bread crumb recipes many years back used to be done to stretch the meat budget and feed more people for less, some good recipes have come out of those austere times.
-
∆ Sometimes a relatively simple and easy recipe just hits the spot. We often use bread crumbs in ground beef preparations.
-
Even simpler is using that green lettuce stuff in things like pizza, chicken, burgers etc.
Green lettuce in those recipes or on or with them? (as a topping or garnish)
-
Even simpler is using that green lettuce stuff in things like pizza, chicken, burgers etc.
Green lettuce in those recipes or on or with them? (as a topping or garnish)
-
As in money that you use to go buy them with...or have them delivered. (did you honestly not get that?)
No. We're taking recipes that you prepare at home and what goes in them and how cooked, etc.
-
As in money that you use to go buy them with...or have them delivered. (did you honestly not get that?)
No. We're taking recipes that you prepare at home and what goes in them and how cooked, etc.
No. We're taking recipes that you prepare at home and what goes in them and how cooked, etc.
Homemade buttermilk pie tastes far better than it may sound.
Ingredients
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup (one stick) melted butter a little bit cooled
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg (sprinkled over the pie batter in the pie shell)
- pinch of salt
- 1 9-inch pie crust, unbaked (see option below-I prefer it)
Instructions
-
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar.
-
Whisk in remaining ingredients (excluding nutmeg) until smooth.
-
Pour into prepared pie crust. (optional to bake that @ 350 for 10 min. Helps set the bottom crust)
-
Bake at 400 for 10 minutes.
-
Reduce heat to 350 degrees and continue bake for 45-50 minutes.
-
After 30 minutes total I would shape a layer of tin foil around & covering the edge of the pie crust to prevent too much overbrowning. Keep the pie "innards" open to the oven or it will end up too runny inside. Use a toothpick to see if the middle has "set" when done. Use judgement on that so the outer batter isn't over-cooked. Use the old fashioned southern method and finger it. LOL!?
-
As in money that you use to go buy them with...or have them delivered. (did you honestly not get that?)
No. We're taking recipes that you prepare at home and what goes in them and how cooked, etc.
-
Well, then. Which dwarf does that make you?
Well it can't be Grumpy. That name was taken by another "G" person whose identity is protected under federal law as ruled by the "G" judge himself.???
-
Well, then. Which dwarf does that make you?
Well it can't be Grumpy. That name was taken by another "G" person whose identity is protected under federal law as ruled by the "G" judge himself.???
Well it can't be Grumpy. That name was taken by another "G" person whose identity is protected under federal law as ruled by the "G" judge himself.???
Grumpy was my cat when I was young. Think in terms of the "D" dwarf.
-
Well it can't be Grumpy. That name was taken by another "G" person whose identity is protected under federal law as ruled by the "G" judge himself.???
Grumpy was my cat when I was young. Think in terms of the "D" dwarf.
Grumpy was my cat when I was young. Think in terms of the "D" dwarf.
Debutante or Debonair? ?
-
Grumpy was my cat when I was young. Think in terms of the "D" dwarf.
Debutante or Debonair? ?
Debutante or Debonair? ?
Select any of the following cartoon characters:

maybe particularly the ones at the bottom right.
-
@dutch-oven said:
So when you start adding eggs and bread crumbs to hamburgers, aren't you just making meatballs that you eat with a bun?
(I swear to dog that this exact argument nearly caused guys I know to come to blows years ago ?)
Who gives a damn? If it tastes good, EAT it! ? Why aren't "meatballs" 100% meat?? ?
Titles....people are too damned in love with "titles".
I think, in the future, I may just call all my recipes "tastes good" & let somebody else guess what the hell it is.
Mike
-
@dutch-oven said:
So when you start adding eggs and bread crumbs to hamburgers, aren't you just making meatballs that you eat with a bun?
(I swear to dog that this exact argument nearly caused guys I know to come to blows years ago ?)
Who gives a damn? If it tastes good, EAT it! ? Why aren't "meatballs" 100% meat?? ?
Titles....people are too damned in love with "titles".
I think, in the future, I may just call all my recipes "tastes good" & let somebody else guess what the hell it is.
Mike
Who gives a damn? If it tastes good, EAT it! ? Why aren't "meatballs" 100% meat?? ?
Mike
100% all meat meatballs are not really that good or flavorful...... IMHO. My wife has some terrific meatball mix recipes which I like -and- I sometimes prefer a good meat sauce with my pasta to separate meatballs and sauce. Also real good flavored meatballs with melted cheese can make a good hot or leftover cold sandwich. Ummmmmmm.
-
-
Oh BTW is anyone planning a GAMEDAY meal or tailgating party for the upcoming BROWNS at New England game?
-
Well in keeping with what will happen I would suggest something you grill or something you BBQ. Or maybe seared tuna.?
Have any of you ever tried swordfish steaks? There are other kinds of good deep water saltwater fish out there.......one reason that I might like to live near an ocean.
But our Lake Erie and local lakes fish is very tasty also.
........oh I hope that this forum isn't better than the game Sunday.

-
Well in keeping with what will happen I would suggest something you grill or something you BBQ. Or maybe seared tuna.?
Have any of you ever tried swordfish steaks? There are other kinds of good deep water saltwater fish out there.......one reason that I might like to live near an ocean.
But our Lake Erie and local lakes fish is very tasty also.
........oh I hope that this forum isn't better than the game Sunday.

Have any of you ever tried swordfish steaks? There are other kinds of good deep water saltwater fish out there.......one reason that I might like to live near an ocean.
But our Lake Erie and local lakes fish is very tasty also.
........oh I hope that this forum isn't better than the game Sunday.

Swordfish steaks are great. I also love Cajun style blackened redfish or either grilled or baked-in-butter fresh flounder. ??
-
Oh BTW is anyone planning a GAMEDAY meal or tailgating party for the upcoming BROWNS at New England game?
-
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

