Skip to content

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

The Browns Board
3.1k 65 181.6k 2
  • I love spam fried rice.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I love spam fried rice.

    Spam fried rice, grilled SPAM and cheese sandwiches -and- add a good cold Hungarian pepper with mustard and mayo......yeah I can go for that.

    Cold SPAM sandwiches when I want some good greasy meat with the above condiments.....oh yeah.  Now my wife not so much on the cold SPAM.

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by

    Haven’t had a lot of time to post this year. Did these beef short ribs and beef back ribs in the smoker Saturday. Smoked with B&B hickory lump and seasoned hickory wood chunks. Used a nice Dirt style rub which is essentially savories, salt,pepper and activated charcoal. Great taste and makes for a very dark bark. 

    8D622859-D6F6-438B-B6AF-EA062CAE82D3.jpeg

    41804025-4A4A-4E8A-A36E-182C013480B5.jpeg

    9DDCD09F-1E13-479B-BA90-1DADF5FC07AF.jpeg

    8B10711B-DD4B-4B35-9494-42DA0875B488.jpeg

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I love spam fried rice.

    Spam fried rice, grilled SPAM and cheese sandwiches -and- add a good cold Hungarian pepper with mustard and mayo......yeah I can go for that.

    Cold SPAM sandwiches when I want some good greasy meat with the above condiments.....oh yeah.  Now my wife not so much on the cold SPAM.

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Spam fried rice, grilled SPAM and cheese sandwiches -and- add a good cold Hungarian pepper with mustard and mayo......yeah I can go for that.

    Cold SPAM sandwiches when I want some good greasy meat with the above condiments.....oh yeah.  Now my wife not so much on the cold SPAM.

    I will sit and eat a can of cold Spam with some cheese, tomatoes and mayo and some of my bread and butter pickles and peppers. 

  • Haven’t had a lot of time to post this year. Did these beef short ribs and beef back ribs in the smoker Saturday. Smoked with B&B hickory lump and seasoned hickory wood chunks. Used a nice Dirt style rub which is essentially savories, salt,pepper and activated charcoal. Great taste and makes for a very dark bark. 

    8D622859-D6F6-438B-B6AF-EA062CAE82D3.jpeg

    41804025-4A4A-4E8A-A36E-182C013480B5.jpeg

    9DDCD09F-1E13-479B-BA90-1DADF5FC07AF.jpeg

    8B10711B-DD4B-4B35-9494-42DA0875B488.jpeg

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @jcam222 said:

    Haven’t had a lot of time to post this year. Did these beef short ribs and beef back ribs in the smoker Saturday. Smoked with B&B hickory lump and seasoned hickory wood chunks. Used a nice Dirt style rub which is essentially savories, salt,pepper and activated charcoal. Great taste and makes for a very dark bark. 

    Pop

    Definitely some good bark on those short ribs, some people don not really understand bark on grilled food.

    Oh we have short ribs on our next 30 day menus.   🙂

  • Haven’t had a lot of time to post this year. Did these beef short ribs and beef back ribs in the smoker Saturday. Smoked with B&B hickory lump and seasoned hickory wood chunks. Used a nice Dirt style rub which is essentially savories, salt,pepper and activated charcoal. Great taste and makes for a very dark bark. 

    8D622859-D6F6-438B-B6AF-EA062CAE82D3.jpeg

    41804025-4A4A-4E8A-A36E-182C013480B5.jpeg

    9DDCD09F-1E13-479B-BA90-1DADF5FC07AF.jpeg

    8B10711B-DD4B-4B35-9494-42DA0875B488.jpeg

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @jcam222 said:

    Haven’t had a lot of time to post this year. Did these beef short ribs and beef back ribs in the smoker Saturday. Smoked with B&B hickory lump and seasoned hickory wood chunks. Used a nice Dirt style rub which is essentially savories, salt,pepper and activated charcoal. Great taste and makes for a very dark bark. 

    8D622859-D6F6-438B-B6AF-EA062CAE82D3.jpeg

    Charcoal huh?  What ya got there is colon cancer on a bone. Just let it ripen a few years.??

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by Tour2ma

    Local BBQ place did some pork belly Asian-style as a weekly special three or so weeks back.

    I dubbed it "Meat Candy"...

    Sweet... spicy... smokey... juicy.... crunchy...

    It was indescribably delicious... way better than a Mounds bar.

  • @jcam222 said:

    Haven’t had a lot of time to post this year. Did these beef short ribs and beef back ribs in the smoker Saturday. Smoked with B&B hickory lump and seasoned hickory wood chunks. Used a nice Dirt style rub which is essentially savories, salt,pepper and activated charcoal. Great taste and makes for a very dark bark. 

    8D622859-D6F6-438B-B6AF-EA062CAE82D3.jpeg

    Charcoal huh?  What ya got there is colon cancer on a bone. Just let it ripen a few years.??

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Charcoal huh?  What ya got there is colon cancer on a bone. Just let it ripen a few years.??

    Well outside of that it tastes good !?    🙂 🙁

  • @jcam222 said:

    Haven’t had a lot of time to post this year. Did these beef short ribs and beef back ribs in the smoker Saturday. Smoked with B&B hickory lump and seasoned hickory wood chunks. Used a nice Dirt style rub which is essentially savories, salt,pepper and activated charcoal. Great taste and makes for a very dark bark. 

    8D622859-D6F6-438B-B6AF-EA062CAE82D3.jpeg

    Charcoal huh?  What ya got there is colon cancer on a bone. Just let it ripen a few years.??

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Charcoal huh?  What ya got there is colon cancer on a bone. Just let it ripen a few years.??

    a close friend uses coconut briskets instead of the usual charcoal.

    Much healthier. I haven't researched it yet....

  • Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by

    I'm always searching for new & simple seasonings & found a GREAT one for steak & pork.......

    7-2-2.......

    7 -Tblsp Kosher salt (Diamond Crystal brand. If another brand, drop it to 4)

    2 -Tblsp fresh, coarse ground black pepper

    2 -Tblsp GRANULATED garlic

    I had Diamond Crystal, so I used the 7 tablespoons...it was great on grilled filet & grilled pork tenderloin & will remain my "go to" on those cuts of meat. The garlic MUST be granulated, NOT garlic powder.

    It's a very simple rub & very easy for me to remember (no small feat at my age).

    Mike

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

     Many, many years ago my late father-in-law gave us a few Emeril's seasonings i believe it was southwestern and original we really liked them l bought a 5 pack. Now I'm having trouble finding the 5 packs but you can find individual or 2 or 3 packs from Amazon, the best prices seem to be walmart.

    I've got Weber grilling books as gifts and they have their own grilling seasoning blends I might try soon.  So easy to try and use on steak, pork, chicken, whatever. There are make your own at home knockoff recipes online.  

    617LrXsCtwL._SX425_PIbundle-2,TopRight,0,0_AA425SH20_.jpg

    41WVroYaU6L._AC_UL320_.jpg

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    Try this on burgers, you won't need anything else.

    61f58lCvLtL._AC_SL1404_.jpg

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    Try some Uncle Steve's Original Shake. I like it on green beans or just about anything else, even Caesar Salad. Even bakes well on chicken breast.

    https://unclestevesshake.com/shop/ols/products/the-original

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    Today's Special:  Portuguese Soup..........................very easy to make

    In 6 TBS of olive oil saute' 2 finely chopped medium onions and 3 tsp from jar of wet minced garlic

    When just browning add in 1 Lb sausage of your choice sliced in 1/3 in slices and continue to saute' about 6-8 min. (I like Meyers' Elgin, Tx. Smoked Sausage)

    Add 2 cups water, 16 oz. catsup (I use Heinz) and 2  32 oz. cartons of beef broth and 1/3 to 1/2 cup vinegar............this will be all the liquid you need.

    To this now add about 1/2 of a chopped cabbage of medium to medium large size, 1 regular can of kidney beans (drained) and 12 small red potatoes cut in 1/2 to 1/3

    Let it boil then turn down to a medium boil for about 35-40 minutes (test the potatoes to be sure)

    Dip out whatever amount you are hungry for and enjoy. This stuff is yummmmmmyyyyy!?

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    Sounds good sausage, beef broth and potatoes.

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by

    Took a break from outdoor cooking today. Game day keto style was Veal Meatballs in creamy Marsala sauce with rosemary scalloped Fauxtatoes (Daikon based). Dessert Chocolate Silk Cheesecake in a peanut butter cookie crust with cookie crumble and peanut sauce and also Magic Bars. 

    2508D489-BD0C-4186-8940-8C118458E1C1.jpeg

    82FE100E-5382-435F-AE23-C1A20F4A4A77.jpeg

    5C0B0051-5B2A-4444-816F-673FCFCE8796.jpeg

    AD885575-E1E5-4814-992B-4EC54E23784D.jpeg

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    My wife liked all of your selections especially the cookie ones.

  • My wife liked all of your selections especially the cookie ones.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969

    @mjp28 said:

    My wife liked all of your selections especially the cookie ones.

    I always have a suggestion for all the cookie and candy makers. Buy whatever nut you like, make whatever cookie/candy you want. Bake the cookies/candy 

    and eat the nuts as a snack during games. Yuck nuts in cookies and candy.??

    BTW next game I will put in Old Aunt Odie's famous New England Fudge recipe. It has no nuts to ruin it and is the best damn fudge you will ever taste in your life.?

  • @mjp28 said:

    My wife liked all of your selections especially the cookie ones.

    I always have a suggestion for all the cookie and candy makers. Buy whatever nut you like, make whatever cookie/candy you want. Bake the cookies/candy 

    and eat the nuts as a snack during games. Yuck nuts in cookies and candy.??

    BTW next game I will put in Old Aunt Odie's famous New England Fudge recipe. It has no nuts to ruin it and is the best damn fudge you will ever taste in your life.?

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    I always have a suggestion for all the cookie and candy makers. Buy whatever nut you like, make whatever cookie/candy you want. Bake the cookies/candy 

    and eat the nuts as a snack during games. Yuck nuts in cookies and candy.??

    BTW next game I will put in Old Aunt Odie's famous New England Fudge recipe. It has no nuts to ruin it and is the best damn fudge you will ever taste in your life.?

    Yes we're stocked up on cashews, peanuts, almonds, Virgina Diner peanuts (better!)  and a new one butter coated peanuts...... sinfully delicious !

    Great for football like right now.     😁

  • @mjp28 said:

    My wife liked all of your selections especially the cookie ones.

    I always have a suggestion for all the cookie and candy makers. Buy whatever nut you like, make whatever cookie/candy you want. Bake the cookies/candy 

    and eat the nuts as a snack during games. Yuck nuts in cookies and candy.??

    BTW next game I will put in Old Aunt Odie's famous New England Fudge recipe. It has no nuts to ruin it and is the best damn fudge you will ever taste in your life.?

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    I always have a suggestion for all the cookie and candy makers. Buy whatever nut you like, make whatever cookie/candy you want. Bake the cookies/candy 

    and eat the nuts as a snack during games. Yuck nuts in cookies and candy.??

    BTW next game I will put in Old Aunt Odie's famous New England Fudge recipe. It has no nuts to ruin it and is the best damn fudge you will ever taste in your life.?

    I live gettin a nut.

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    BROWNS at Cowboys GAMEDAY halftime and after game snacks today.    One of our easy favorites appetizers olives, chips and spinach artichoke dip, salad main meal grilled sweet Italian pork sausage links with onions and green peppers, potato salad and munchies during the game.

    Quick and delicious !

    GO BROWNS, important win today.......baby !