Skip to content

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

The Browns Board
3.1k 65 181.8k 2
  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Chunks of pork.

    Must be a Jewish dish then.😉

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    damn heb's

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @dutch-oven said:

    Chunks of pork.

    Looks like a pork shish kabob on a wooden skewer, get good pork (true with most meat dishes), my wife grows her own fresh herbs in a big flower/evergreen bed behind the house about 12 to 14 different herbs, dries them herself, oh a plus most rabbits, etc. hate herbs and will not eat or cross the bed.

    Brown pork on all sides. Spray pork with olive oil, roll in herb mixture then roll in breading mix then put in oven for best results! They were really good and really juicy and tender.....never overcook or dry out pork! Ummmmm.😁

  • sydS syd

    damn heb's

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by

    @syd said:

    damn heb's

    LOL. Thought of my favorite grocery, "H-E-B", in Texas. Thanks for the reminder...I just ordered some Gebhardt's & also Adams chili powders.

    Mike

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    Started season at draft in Philly with Jumbo Philly Cheese-Steak..Ending up 0-16.. gets you Jersey Mikes Philly Cheese-Steak to wrap this thing up..(nothing compares) Go Eagles!! feeling 23-21 them UnderDawgs..  

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'm going to have to try a Jersey Mike's Philly Cheesesteak this week. They are starting to pop up around here now. 

    I don't think that they're around us yet.

    https://www.google.com/m?source=android-launcher-widget&q=jersey+mikes+in+ohio#istate=lrl:xpd

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'm going to have to try a Jersey Mike's Philly Cheesesteak this week. They are starting to pop up around here now. 

    if ya like fresh as they cut meat,veggies,Cheese(many & good) per order..these days, its nice to see whats going on there..enjoy

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    Well gameday food doesn't just have to be for football or tailgating, we have the Daytona 500 coming, The Master's  (great foodie event 😆), MLB Spring Training even a few TV games there, NBA if you're so inclined and of course THE NFL DRAFT April 26-28, but what now?

    How about the Olympics! Well an excuse to grill on Sunday today Porterhouse steaks, baked potatoes with the works, veggies TBD at grilling time and naturally Sam Adams Boston Lager......ummmmm. Got to love those Olympics,  GO USA!

  • Chicago Italian Beef Sandwich....I think the sweet roasted red peppers would do it! mjp

    1371587273164.jpeg

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @mjp28 said:

    (And coming soon on the menu.)

    Chicago Italian Beef Sandwich....I think the sweet roasted red peppers really do it! Go  back a few pages for recipe. mjp

    1371587273164.jpeg

     

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    Anybody have plans for this one?

    The 2018 Daytona 500, the 60th running of the event, is a Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series race held on February 18, 2018, Contested over 200 laps, on the 2.5-mile (4.0 km) asphalt superspeedway. It will be the first race of the 2018 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series season. On FOX......geeezzz they're getting in everything! 

    170px-2018_Daytona_Logo.png

  • Well gameday food doesn't just have to be for football or tailgating, we have the Daytona 500 coming, The Master's  (great foodie event 😆), MLB Spring Training even a few TV games there, NBA if you're so inclined and of course THE NFL DRAFT April 26-28, but what now?

    How about the Olympics! Well an excuse to grill on Sunday today Porterhouse steaks, baked potatoes with the works, veggies TBD at grilling time and naturally Sam Adams Boston Lager......ummmmm. Got to love those Olympics,  GO USA!

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Well gameday food doesn't just have to be for football or tailgating, we have the Daytona 500 coming, The Master's  (great foodie event 😆), MLB Spring Training even a few TV games there, NBA if you're so inclined and of course THE NFL DRAFT April 26-28, but what now?

    How about the Olympics! Well an excuse to grill on Sunday today Porterhouse steaks, baked potatoes with the works, veggies TBD at grilling time and naturally Sam Adams Boston Lager......ummmmm. Got to love those Olympics,  GO USA!

    NASCAR puts me to sleep- haven't watched in years. Now as to your menu- very similar. We celebrated Mardi Gras a few days early- watching the Olympics together. Almost duplicated your menu. Prime Porterhouse on the grill, ditto the baked potatoes. Mushrooms and onion rings soaked in Pine Club beef gravy. Since the wifie has decided to temporarily switch from beer to wine. Opened a 1982 Chateau Leoville Poyferre. 98+ point wine, and I'm seriously tempted to give it a perfect 100 score. I won't open something that good (not replaceable at current prices) and be a pig about it without sharing it with someone. Sue was wondering why I was slurping it  down- because it was that good. Finished with a 2009 Dow Late Bottled Vintage port with roquefort on the side.  🙂  

  • @mjp28 said:

    Well gameday food doesn't just have to be for football or tailgating, we have the Daytona 500 coming, The Master's  (great foodie event 😆), MLB Spring Training even a few TV games there, NBA if you're so inclined and of course THE NFL DRAFT April 26-28, but what now?

    How about the Olympics! Well an excuse to grill on Sunday today Porterhouse steaks, baked potatoes with the works, veggies TBD at grilling time and naturally Sam Adams Boston Lager......ummmmm. Got to love those Olympics,  GO USA!

    NASCAR puts me to sleep- haven't watched in years. Now as to your menu- very similar. We celebrated Mardi Gras a few days early- watching the Olympics together. Almost duplicated your menu. Prime Porterhouse on the grill, ditto the baked potatoes. Mushrooms and onion rings soaked in Pine Club beef gravy. Since the wifie has decided to temporarily switch from beer to wine. Opened a 1982 Chateau Leoville Poyferre. 98+ point wine, and I'm seriously tempted to give it a perfect 100 score. I won't open something that good (not replaceable at current prices) and be a pig about it without sharing it with someone. Sue was wondering why I was slurping it  down- because it was that good. Finished with a 2009 Dow Late Bottled Vintage port with roquefort on the side.  🙂  

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    NASCAR puts me to sleep- haven't watched in years. Now as to your menu- very similar. We celebrated Mardi Gras a few days early- watching the Olympics together. Almost duplicated your menu. Prime Porterhouse on the grill, ditto the baked potatoes. Mushrooms and onion rings soaked in Pine Club beef gravy. Since the wifie has decided to temporarily switch from beer to wine. Opened a 1982 Chateau Leoville Poyferre. 98+ point wine, and I'm seriously tempted to give it a perfect 100 score. I won't open something that good (not replaceable at current prices) and be a pig about it without sharing it with someone. Sue was wondering why I was slurping it  down- because it was that good. Finished with a 2009 Dow Late Bottled Vintage port with roquefort on the side.  🙂  

    You mean Naszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......................................................car?

  • @hoorta said:

    NASCAR puts me to sleep- haven't watched in years. Now as to your menu- very similar. We celebrated Mardi Gras a few days early- watching the Olympics together. Almost duplicated your menu. Prime Porterhouse on the grill, ditto the baked potatoes. Mushrooms and onion rings soaked in Pine Club beef gravy. Since the wifie has decided to temporarily switch from beer to wine. Opened a 1982 Chateau Leoville Poyferre. 98+ point wine, and I'm seriously tempted to give it a perfect 100 score. I won't open something that good (not replaceable at current prices) and be a pig about it without sharing it with someone. Sue was wondering why I was slurping it  down- because it was that good. Finished with a 2009 Dow Late Bottled Vintage port with roquefort on the side.  🙂  

    You mean Naszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......................................................car?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    You mean Naszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......................................................car?

    It is more exciting when they throw in a few ....unscheduled....right turns.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    You mean Naszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......................................................car?

    It is more exciting when they throw in a few ....unscheduled....right turns.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    It is more exciting when they throw in a few ....unscheduled....right turns.

    I've always lobbied for the figure 8 track like the old slot car days. 😆

    I'm not a big Indy or NASCAR fan like in decades past but like to tune in to the starts and then tune in/out occasionally.  Daytona and the groundhog have February sports pretty well locked up now.......

    ........except for the once in every four years Olympics. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    It is more exciting when they throw in a few ....unscheduled....right turns.

    I've always lobbied for the figure 8 track like the old slot car days. 😆

    I'm not a big Indy or NASCAR fan like in decades past but like to tune in to the starts and then tune in/out occasionally.  Daytona and the groundhog have February sports pretty well locked up now.......

    ........except for the once in every four years Olympics. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    I've always lobbied for the figure 8 track like the old slot car days. 😆

    I'm not a big Indy or NASCAR fan like in decades past but like to tune in to the starts and then tune in/out occasionally.  Daytona and the groundhog have February sports pretty well locked up now.......

    ........except for the once in every four years Olympics. 

    One of these years I may actually make the 1/2 hour little trek down to see World class Formula One racing at the US Grand Prix Circuit of the Americas track in Austin , the only pure racing out there IMO.

  • @the-gipper said:

    It is more exciting when they throw in a few ....unscheduled....right turns.

    I've always lobbied for the figure 8 track like the old slot car days. 😆

    I'm not a big Indy or NASCAR fan like in decades past but like to tune in to the starts and then tune in/out occasionally.  Daytona and the groundhog have February sports pretty well locked up now.......

    ........except for the once in every four years Olympics. 

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    I've always lobbied for the figure 8 track like the old slot car days. 😆

    I'm not a big Indy or NASCAR fan like in decades past but like to tune in to the starts and then tune in/out occasionally.  Daytona and the groundhog have February sports pretty well locked up now.......

    ........except for the once in every four years Olympics. 

    I used to have the figure 8 track with a Lionel crossing too. That was fun but a little of Gomez Addams dynamite would have been the frosting on the cake. 

  • Sober PoetS Sober Poet wrote on last edited by

    Fun topic.  Some good chow listed.

    We like to do a "feast on the blood of our enemies" process where we eat typical foods popular in our opponent's cities:

    • Cincinnati chili for the Bengals, I like dogs, wife does pasta.
    • Cabbage rolls or City Chicken for Pittsburgh.
    • Pit Beef for Baltimore, no good crabs around SE Ohio.

    Something Cajun if we play New Orleans...you get the idea.  Nice way to have Cincy Chili twice a year.

    Always match whatever we make with some Devil's Kettle brews. 

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    Burritos and Chilitos

    Worst 'Chili' I've ever had.  

  • Burritos and Chilitos

    Worst 'Chili' I've ever had.  

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Burritos and Chilitos

    Worst 'Chili' I've ever had.  

    Aquired taste? Many local treats are that way......and you better like cheese here!

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Burritos and Chilitos

    Worst 'Chili' I've ever had.  

    Aquired taste? Many local treats are that way......and you better like cheese here!

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Aquired taste? Many local treats are that way......and you better like cheese here!

    Reminds me of the "clam" chowder my wife and I got at a restaurant in Cheyenne once. They said it was the specialty of the house and people came from miles around to get it. They were right about one thing, you could not use "clams" to describe it, only clam because that was the count in each of our bowls. We had to explain to them that my wife was raised on the water in R.I. and knew what real N.E. clam chowder was supposed to be and that wasn't it. Now living here in Texas I can see that your spaghetti up there in no way resembles chili. LOL!😛