Skip to content

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

The Browns Board
3.1k 65 181.7k 2
  • @dutch-oven said:

    http://www.onlyinyourstate.com/ohio/ultimate-pizza-bucket-list-oh/?utm_source=oh-beaut&utm_medium=marketing&utm_campaign=phil-ohio

    The ultimate bucket list of Ohio pizza, mjp. 

    I've had Coccia House in Wooster. That is phenomenal pizza, and what they said about it is true - it is one of a kind. 

    List is might parochial. Nothing from Cleveland (Romito's). I could about draw a line through the state, and there's zilch mentioned south of it.  Apparently Columbus, Dayton and Cincinnati are pizza deserts NOT!!!

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @hoorta said:

    List is might parochial. Nothing from Cleveland (Romito's). I could about draw a line through the state, and there's zilch mentioned south of it.  Apparently Columbus, Dayton and Cincinnati are pizza deserts NOT!!!

    There probably are some good pizzas just about everywhere at least up in the Northern USA not so much down south.....but I don't travel down there now. I've had some lousy pizzas in Florida and Texas even from joints named Youngstown Pizza. The northern soils, temperature, tradition etc. make a difference.

    Now great pizza NE OHIO can challenge just about anywhere but I've had some great pizza in Chicago, never made it to NYC. Even some other GAMEDAY FOODS like sandwiches, wraps, chilis, perogies and more.

  • Mjp28 we are making that Lee Drummond drip beef tomorrow. It's the bomb. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @jcam222 said:

    Mjp28 we are making that Lee Drummond drip beef tomorrow. It's the bomb. 

    Just curious how did it come out? The pepperoncini gives it a nice kick!

    .......and yes I'm still waiting on the Chicago style beef, never had so much trouble getting a sandwich into our schedule. 

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    Every Friday on the Food Network Guy Fieri's DDD all day marathon, I've seen this place twice now, not in my neighborhood :

    Geraci's Restaurant

     2266 Warrensville Center Rd, University Heights, OH 44118

    (216) 371-5643

  • @jcam222 said:

    Mjp28 we are making that Lee Drummond drip beef tomorrow. It's the bomb. 

    Just curious how did it come out? The pepperoncini gives it a nice kick!

    .......and yes I'm still waiting on the Chicago style beef, never had so much trouble getting a sandwich into our schedule. 

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Just curious how did it come out? The pepperoncini gives it a nice kick!

    .......and yes I'm still waiting on the Chicago style beef, never had so much trouble getting a sandwich into our schedule. 

    It was good but would not put it at top of my list. Pretty basic on flavor and vinegary. My wife made an Italian beef last year that was the bomb. Trying to find that recipe. It had peppers, dry Italian dressing, Worcester garli onions etc. 

  • @mjp28 said:

    Just curious how did it come out? The pepperoncini gives it a nice kick!

    .......and yes I'm still waiting on the Chicago style beef, never had so much trouble getting a sandwich into our schedule. 

    It was good but would not put it at top of my list. Pretty basic on flavor and vinegary. My wife made an Italian beef last year that was the bomb. Trying to find that recipe. It had peppers, dry Italian dressing, Worcester garli onions etc. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @jcam222 said:

    It was good but would not put it at top of my list. Pretty basic on flavor and vinegary. My wife made an Italian beef last year that was the bomb. Trying to find that recipe. It had peppers, dry Italian dressing, Worcester garli onions etc. 

    From the Food Network, most are similar :

    https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/chicago-italian-beef-sandwich-recipe-1910967

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'm going to have to try a Jersey Mike's Philly Cheesesteak this week. They are starting to pop up around here now. 

    They just opened a Jersey Mike's about 2 miles from our house in Boardman, OH.

    Wife is out today,will bring home a #17 Philly Steak sandwich for me later.......mmmmm, Philly Steaks!  😁

  • darren15D darren15 wrote on last edited by

    We will do wings and a pan of chili ............ several bottles of beer to go with it

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by

    It's almost time to start planning the Draft Day food extravaganza. I'm thinking mine will revolved around some apple jalepeno BBQ applewood smoked ribs and atomic Buffalo turds 

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    Tonight had my brother & his wife come in from Colo. and my daughter & family over for dinner. I served them pork tenderloin I bake in a blackberry rum sauce of my own making and served it up with a 2011 Deaver Vineyards Petite Sirah that you can only get either by shipping or as I did, by visiting them in Amador County California. Larry you would love that one.

    http://www.deavervineyards.com/Shop/Red-Wine

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    What I'm wondering is when is the debut of the Italian beef sandwiches? 😆

    My wife's been on this oven baked casserole kick lately,  delicious  .....a goodbye to winter? It's coming.

    OH Jersey Mike's was packed out the door with opening week specials......it will also be later.

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me?

    Cheese stuffed jalapeños wrapped in bacon and smoked 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me?

    Cheese stuffed jalapeños wrapped in bacon and smoked 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @jcam222 said:

    Cheese stuffed jalapeños wrapped in bacon and smoked 

    With lots of Rolaids.😁

  • @jcam222 said:

    Cheese stuffed jalapeños wrapped in bacon and smoked 

    With lots of Rolaids.😁

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    With lots of Rolaids.😁

    I'll pass on the jalapenos.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    With lots of Rolaids.😁

    I'll pass on the jalapenos.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    Usually jalapenos take a pass through me.😆

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I'll pass on the jalapenos.

  • Usually jalapenos take a pass through me.😆

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I'll pass on the jalapenos.

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Usually jalapenos take a pass through me.😆

    Exactly😉

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by jcam222

    Jalapeños really vary in hotness. Different strains go from damn near mild to pretty hot. Once you deseed and cook they lose quite a bit of the fire. When I make these even the people who aren't chili heads devour them. Sometimes I stuff the pepper with sausage and cheese and then bacon wrap. 

  • Jalapeños really vary in hotness. Different strains go from damn near mild to pretty hot. Once you deseed and cook they lose quite a bit of the fire. When I make these even the people who aren't chili heads devour them. Sometimes I stuff the pepper with sausage and cheese and then bacon wrap. 

    Canton MikeC Canton Mike wrote on last edited by

    @jcam222 said:

    Jalapeños really vary in hotness. Different strains go from damn near mild to pretty hot. Once you deseed and cook they lose quite a bit of the fire. When I make these even the people who aren't chili heads devour them. Sometimes I stuff the pepper with sausage and cheese and then bacon wrap. 

    Removing seeds & veins from jalapenos (or any hot pepper) will "cool" them considerably. Also, the ones gown in the hot, dry southwest will be considerably hotter than those grown around here.

    Mike

  • Usually jalapenos take a pass through me.😆

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    I'll pass on the jalapenos.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Usually jalapenos take a pass through me.😆

    Just remember to wash your hands BEFORE you take a leak -or- it will become a very memorable experience. 😮

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    The wife made a seafood pot pie today, sounds kind of strange but it was very good! Quite versitile also, this one was primarily shrimp but can be adapted for chicken, turkey or whatever. 

    .......will have it leftover  for supper tomorrow for the Indians 4 pm game.

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by

    Few brat fans in here so sharing a lunch I had last week in a German pub in London. 

    Overly genrous in portion size, not even Jenna Jameson wants this much sausage 

    F41559D7-F2D0-47F6-972D-70EC45E180B9.jpeg

    8D74DFD0-D613-467E-9BEE-2CB2A074001B.jpeg