• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.
-
I can walk one block from my office and get the best of this sort of ethnic food in Northeast Ohio:
https://www.alscornerrestaurant.com/al-s-corner-restaurant-1
Oh yeah, here it is.....
Lunch Specials$7.50 Includes bread and drink. -
I am well aware of it. The thing is....though the food is excellent.....it is fairly heavy. Almost too heavy for lunch which is why I don't go there as often as I would if they served the same food for dinner.
Out today's light lunch right after the Young & the Restless is soup and sandwiches, ham off the bone with cheese, lettuce mustard, mayonnaise on light Italian bread.

-
Few brat fans in here so sharing a lunch I had last week in a German pub in London.
Overly genrous in portion size, not even Jenna Jameson wants this much sausage
When I was stationed in Germany many moons ago, there was a little place right outside the main gate I used to buy a charbroiled Bratwurst, a little hard roll of bread and pomme frits (french fries). Really good.
-
@dutch-oven said:
Eh on Parasson's... Angie's isn't bad, but not exactly within (easy) walking distance for you in B'town...
So what is your Barberton Chicken of choice Gip? I'm a Hopocan Gardens guy myself.
Yes, Angies is much better really than Parasson's. As for which Barberton Chicken house is better...... I have only been around here for 66 years....and really...they are all the same. But I probably like the Hopocan facility the best.
Now....when are you coming up and buying me lunch? We can go to Al's or Angie's or the White House...or Hopocan.
-
@dutch-oven said:
Eh on Parasson's... Angie's isn't bad, but not exactly within (easy) walking distance for you in B'town...
So what is your Barberton Chicken of choice Gip? I'm a Hopocan Gardens guy myself.
Yes, Angies is much better really than Parasson's. As for which Barberton Chicken house is better...... I have only been around here for 66 years....and really...they are all the same. But I probably like the Hopocan facility the best.
Now....when are you coming up and buying me lunch? We can go to Al's or Angie's or the White House...or Hopocan.
Yes, Angies is much better really than Parasson's. As for which Barberton Chicken house is better...... I have only been around here for 66 years....and really...they are all the same. But I probably like the Hopocan facility the best.
Now....when are you coming up and buying me lunch? We can go to Al's or Angie's or the White House...or Hopocan.
What? Dutch buying Gip a lunch? What a cheap bastard.

-
@dutch-oven said:
Stop distracting me from the fact that you still haven't made the Italian beef sandwiches!
There's a place down in Canton that makes them, supposed to be top-notch according to the Canton Repository.
I know I've been on the wife about it but she's still on this casserole kick (but some great meals and leftovers, ummmmm).
I will take pictures when we make it.....and make sure Gipper buys first!
-
@dutch-oven said:
Looking forward to the pics! I might have to try my hand at it too...
Chicago style done right is not an easy recipe like a traditional Philly Steak but worth it.....I haven't had one in years.
-
Gumbo's in downtown Georgetown, Tx. with good old fashioned Cajun food starting with Cold Jumbo Shrimp C-ocktail as an appetizer. Eaten with Shiner Bock and make the wife drive me home.
-
@dutch-oven said:
Stop distracting me from the fact that you still haven't made the Italian beef sandwiches!
There's a place down in Canton that makes them, supposed to be top-notch according to the Canton Repository.
I know I've been on the wife about it but she's still on this casserole kick (but some great meals and leftovers, ummmmm).
I will take pictures when we make it.....and make sure Gipper buys first!
-
How can I buy when you can't even name the restaurant in Canton that we are going to?
I'm sure you can handle the under $9.99 entree wherever you end up.

-
How can I buy when you can't even name the restaurant in Canton that we are going to?
I'm sure you can handle the under $9.99 entree wherever you end up.

-
OK, you and Dutch come to Barberton and I will buy the $7.50 lunch at Al's.
OK I copied & pasted that one and put it in my favorites file.

-
OK, you and Dutch come to Barberton and I will buy the $7.50 lunch at Al's.
OK I copied & pasted that one and put it in my favorites file.

-
You guys better get here before I close my office....which I could do any day...or any year now.
Retirement I highly recommend it, more time to watch sports, waste time on sports boards......and cook up good gameday foods!
.......oh my wife hits 62 in June, taking her pension. Dutch meanwhile has to keep working.

-
Of all the threads in this forum, this might be the one which draws the biggest separation between you and I, guys... Not only for the vocabulary (I don't travel too much, thus I am not proficient on food vocabulary) but for the tastes and choices.
I've been eating fast food quite a lot when hanging out with friends, but I'd say that most of us wish to earn just enough money to pay a restaurant's bill and never have to step back into any McDonald's.
-
You may have a gang of Americans coming at you with pitchforks after comparing their barbecue to McDonalds...
-
How can I buy when you can't even name the restaurant in Canton that we are going to?
The Desert Inn is excellent, Middle Eastern cuisine.
Bender's in downtown is as good fine dining as you can find anywhere.
Canton brewing company makes pretty good beer and has excellent food.
The Bistro at Gervasi Vineyards is world class.
Casual but excellent Greek food at Papa gyro.
Table 6 upscale-casual top notch.
The Brown Derby is an Ohio tradition owned by Gus Gurves' grandson Parris.
Classic and popular seafood restaurant there since the Earth cooled Tim Tavern.
Mission BBQ is one of the best anywhere.
Get out your wallet Gipper.
I didn't include any chains except Mission BBQ but Texas Roadhouse is not bad.
WSS
-
No one's forcing you to eat McDonalds, so if you don't like it, don't eat it. Problems solved. Lot's of spanish food is Shmucking gross.
-
@dutch-oven said:
If I have a question about eating squirrel or possum or whatever white trash like you eat, I'll ask you.
You like tube steak, well known on here noob. Go shovel some amish horse Sheet!
-
@dutch-oven said:
Morons Are Getting Angry
Pathetic junior, just pathetic.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login