Skip to content

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

The Browns Board
3.1k 65 181.5k 2
  • @mjp28 said:

    OK I copied & pasted that one and put it in my favorites file. 😆

    You guys better get here before I close my office....which I could do any day...or any year now.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    You guys better get here before I close my office....which I could do any day...or any year now.

    Retirement I highly recommend it, more time to watch sports, waste time on sports boards......and cook up good gameday foods!

    .......oh my wife hits 62 in June, taking her pension. Dutch meanwhile has to keep working. 😆

  • NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by

    Of all the threads in this forum, this might be the one which draws the biggest separation between you and I, guys... Not only for the vocabulary (I don't travel too much, thus I am not proficient on food vocabulary) but for the tastes and choices. 

    I've been eating fast food quite a lot when hanging out with friends, but I'd say that most of us wish to earn just enough money to pay a restaurant's bill and never have to step back into any McDonald's.

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by

    You may have a gang of Americans coming at you with pitchforks after comparing their barbecue to McDonalds...

  • @mjp28 said:

    I know I've been on the wife about it but she's still on this casserole kick (but some great meals and leftovers, ummmmm).

    I will take pictures when we make it.....and make sure Gipper buys first!

    How can I buy when you can't even name the restaurant in Canton that we are going to?

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve

    @the-gipper said:

    How can I buy when you can't even name the restaurant in Canton that we are going to?

    The Desert Inn is excellent, Middle Eastern cuisine.

    Bender's in downtown is as good fine dining as you can find anywhere.

    Canton brewing company makes pretty good beer and has excellent food.

    The Bistro at Gervasi Vineyards is world class.

    Casual but excellent Greek food at Papa gyro.

    Table 6 upscale-casual top notch.

    The Brown Derby is an Ohio tradition owned by Gus Gurves' grandson Parris.

    Classic and popular seafood restaurant there since the Earth cooled Tim Tavern.

    Mission BBQ is one of the best anywhere.

    Get out your wallet Gipper.

    I didn't include any chains except Mission BBQ but Texas Roadhouse is not bad.

    WSS

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    No one's forcing you to eat McDonalds, so if you don't like it, don't eat it.  Problems solved.  Lot's of spanish food is Shmucking gross.

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    If I have a question about eating squirrel or possum or whatever white trash like you eat, I'll ask you. 

    You like tube steak, well known on here noob.  Go shovel some amish horse Sheet!    

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    Morons Are Getting Angry

     Pathetic junior, just pathetic.

  • No one's forcing you to eat McDonalds, so if you don't like it, don't eat it.  Problems solved.  Lot's of spanish food is Shmucking gross.

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    @londonbrown said:

    You may have a gang of Americans coming at you with pitchforks after comparing their barbecue to McDonalds...

    I hope they didn't understood it like that. I was just commenting about McDonald's because it's the only restaurant I know myself and it surprises me how people keep going when in my case we only use it when we are broke.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    No one's forcing you to eat McDonalds, so if you don't like it, don't eat it.  Problems solved.  Lot's of spanish food is Shmucking gross.

    Of course no one is. It just amazes me how in a thread about food, talking about great beer and so on, fast food gets involved. And I was pointing how it is a cultural thing. I'd be more than happy having lunch at any fine American restaurant. Every country has it's own specialities in gastronomy and it's one of the joys of travelling.

    See, I live in a town of 200,000 people with a metropolitan area of 300,000. Probably it's because it's not a big city, but had we have a conversation about places to go to eat, we would comment restaurants or specific places. Never about food chains. 

  • L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by

    I’ve always been a McDonald’s apologist here. I think for the sheer amount of food they turn out at such a fast pace, that the quality is better than its given credit for. 

    Its more than edible. 

    That said I’d much rather eat a plate of chorizo and patatas bravas of course  

  • I’ve always been a McDonald’s apologist here. I think for the sheer amount of food they turn out at such a fast pace, that the quality is better than its given credit for. 

    Its more than edible. 

    That said I’d much rather eat a plate of chorizo and patatas bravas of course  

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @londonbrown said:

    I’ve always been a McDonald’s apologist here. I think for the sheer amount of food they turn out at such a fast pace, that the quality is better than its given credit for. 

    Its more than edible.

    But you live in the horrible food capital of Europe!😛

  • @londonbrown said:

    I’ve always been a McDonald’s apologist here. I think for the sheer amount of food they turn out at such a fast pace, that the quality is better than its given credit for. 

    Its more than edible.

    But you live in the horrible food capital of Europe!😛

    L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    But you live in the horrible food capital of Europe!😛

    haha yeah our "cuisine" is mainly bad 

  • I’ve always been a McDonald’s apologist here. I think for the sheer amount of food they turn out at such a fast pace, that the quality is better than its given credit for. 

    Its more than edible. 

    That said I’d much rather eat a plate of chorizo and patatas bravas of course  

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by

    @londonbrown said:

    I’ve always been a McDonald’s apologist here. I think for the sheer amount of food they turn out at such a fast pace, that the quality is better than its given credit for. 

    Its more than edible. 

    That said I’d much rather eat a plate of chorizo and patatas bravas of course  

    Wait, what? You mean chorizo separated from the patatas bravas, don't you?

    I hope no one has ever served you both mixed up. Both are great but tastes don't combine well (it's weird to add any sauce to chorizo)

  • @londonbrown said:

    I’ve always been a McDonald’s apologist here. I think for the sheer amount of food they turn out at such a fast pace, that the quality is better than its given credit for. 

    Its more than edible. 

    That said I’d much rather eat a plate of chorizo and patatas bravas of course  

    Wait, what? You mean chorizo separated from the patatas bravas, don't you?

    I hope no one has ever served you both mixed up. Both are great but tastes don't combine well (it's weird to add any sauce to chorizo)

    L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by LondonBrown

    @nero said:

    Wait, what? You mean chorizo separated from the patatas bravas, don't you?

    I hope no one has ever served you both mixed up. Both are great but tastes don't combine well (it's weird to add any sauce to chorizo)

    Yes separate lol

    I had the best potatas bravas in Valencia, it was in the bar owned by the famous Spain fan with the drum

  • @nero said:

    Wait, what? You mean chorizo separated from the patatas bravas, don't you?

    I hope no one has ever served you both mixed up. Both are great but tastes don't combine well (it's weird to add any sauce to chorizo)

    Yes separate lol

    I had the best potatas bravas in Valencia, it was in the bar owned by the famous Spain fan with the drum

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by

    @londonbrown said:

    Yes separate lol

    I had the best potatas bravas in Valencia, it was in the bar owned by the famous Spain fan with the drum

    Manolo el del Bombo? That man is crazy, lol. 

  • Of all the threads in this forum, this might be the one which draws the biggest separation between you and I, guys... Not only for the vocabulary (I don't travel too much, thus I am not proficient on food vocabulary) but for the tastes and choices. 

    I've been eating fast food quite a lot when hanging out with friends, but I'd say that most of us wish to earn just enough money to pay a restaurant's bill and never have to step back into any McDonald's.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @nero said:

    Of all the threads in this forum, this might be the one which draws the biggest separation between you and I, guys... Not only for the vocabulary (I don't travel too much, thus I am not proficient on food vocabulary) but for the tastes and choices. 

    I've been eating fast food quite a lot when hanging out with friends, but I'd say that most of us wish to earn just enough money to pay a restaurant's bill and never have to step back into any McDonald's.

    I don't know....do you eat a lot of mutton over there?   I don't think Americans are big consumers of mutton.

    Though...I suspect otherwise that what we eat is pretty similar.....just prepared a bit differently.....and named differently. 

    I assume you eat some concoctions that consist of beef,  pork, chicken...or other poultry....and fish?

    And you eat vegetables no?  tomatos, potatos, rice, corn etc.?

    And cheese.  You do eat cheese?

    And you eat sweets?  Some kind of cake or pastry

  • @the-gipper said:

    How can I buy when you can't even name the restaurant in Canton that we are going to?

    The Desert Inn is excellent, Middle Eastern cuisine.

    Bender's in downtown is as good fine dining as you can find anywhere.

    Canton brewing company makes pretty good beer and has excellent food.

    The Bistro at Gervasi Vineyards is world class.

    Casual but excellent Greek food at Papa gyro.

    Table 6 upscale-casual top notch.

    The Brown Derby is an Ohio tradition owned by Gus Gurves' grandson Parris.

    Classic and popular seafood restaurant there since the Earth cooled Tim Tavern.

    Mission BBQ is one of the best anywhere.

    Get out your wallet Gipper.

    I didn't include any chains except Mission BBQ but Texas Roadhouse is not bad.

    WSS

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @westside-steve said:

    The Desert Inn is excellent, Middle Eastern cuisine.

    Bender's in downtown is as good fine dining as you can find anywhere.

    Canton brewing company makes pretty good beer and has excellent food.

    The Bistro at Gervasi Vineyards is world class.

    Casual but excellent Greek food at Papa gyro.

    Table 6 upscale-casual top notch.

    The Brown Derby is an Ohio tradition owned by Gus Gurves' grandson Parris.

    Classic and popular seafood restaurant there since the Earth cooled Tim Tavern.

    Mission BBQ is one of the best anywhere.

    Get out your wallet Gipper.

    I didn't include any chains except Mission BBQ but Texas Roadhouse is not bad.

    WSS

    My Wallet?  I can't afford to go to all those places. 

    Though I probably do need to take my wife to the Gervasi Winery sometime.

  • @londonbrown said:

    Yes separate lol

    I had the best potatas bravas in Valencia, it was in the bar owned by the famous Spain fan with the drum

    Manolo el del Bombo? That man is crazy, lol. 

    L LondonBrown wrote on last edited by

    @nero said:

    Manolo el del Bombo? That man is crazy, lol. 

    That's him lol, he was in the bar at the time, was quite the character

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    @londonbrown said:

    You may have a gang of Americans coming at you with pitchforks after comparing their barbecue to McDonalds...

    I hope they didn't understood it like that. I was just commenting about McDonald's because it's the only restaurant I know myself and it surprises me how people keep going when in my case we only use it when we are broke.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    No one's forcing you to eat McDonalds, so if you don't like it, don't eat it.  Problems solved.  Lot's of spanish food is Shmucking gross.

    Of course no one is. It just amazes me how in a thread about food, talking about great beer and so on, fast food gets involved. And I was pointing how it is a cultural thing. I'd be more than happy having lunch at any fine American restaurant. Every country has it's own specialities in gastronomy and it's one of the joys of travelling.

    See, I live in a town of 200,000 people with a metropolitan area of 300,000. Probably it's because it's not a big city, but had we have a conversation about places to go to eat, we would comment restaurants or specific places. Never about food chains. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @nero said:

    I hope they didn't understood it like that. I was just commenting about McDonald's because it's the only restaurant I know myself and it surprises me how people keep going when in my case we only use it when we are broke.

    Of course no one is. It just amazes me how in a thread about food, talking about great beer and so on, fast food gets involved. And I was pointing how it is a cultural thing. I'd be more than happy having lunch at any fine American restaurant. Every country has it's own specialities in gastronomy and it's one of the joys of travelling.

    See, I live in a town of 200,000 people with a metropolitan area of 300,000. Probably it's because it's not a big city, but had we have a conversation about places to go to eat, we would comment restaurants or specific places. Never about food chains. 

    Food like art, music, even different sports can be a bit subjective and vary a lot by region or points on the globe it makes life more interesting especially if you have an open mind about things.

    There is nothing wrong with fast food restaurants or drive thrus for a quick economical meal I personally prefer to try different places plus I like to cook and my wife is an excellent cook and we have a very extensive cookbook collection.  Often when our friends are invited for a meal they will bring more unusual books! (but we have enough!)

    I also love sports and food and love to combine the two, nothing better than good food on gameday! Try something new once in awhile.  😉

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    @londonbrown said:

    You may have a gang of Americans coming at you with pitchforks after comparing their barbecue to McDonalds...

    I hope they didn't understood it like that. I was just commenting about McDonald's because it's the only restaurant I know myself and it surprises me how people keep going when in my case we only use it when we are broke.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    No one's forcing you to eat McDonalds, so if you don't like it, don't eat it.  Problems solved.  Lot's of spanish food is Shmucking gross.

    Of course no one is. It just amazes me how in a thread about food, talking about great beer and so on, fast food gets involved. And I was pointing how it is a cultural thing. I'd be more than happy having lunch at any fine American restaurant. Every country has it's own specialities in gastronomy and it's one of the joys of travelling.

    See, I live in a town of 200,000 people with a metropolitan area of 300,000. Probably it's because it's not a big city, but had we have a conversation about places to go to eat, we would comment restaurants or specific places. Never about food chains. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @nero said:

    I hope they didn't understood it like that. I was just commenting about McDonald's because it's the only restaurant I know myself and it surprises me how people keep going when in my case we only use it when we are broke.

    Of course no one is. It just amazes me how in a thread about food, talking about great beer and so on, fast food gets involved. And I was pointing how it is a cultural thing. I'd be more than happy having lunch at any fine American restaurant. Every country has it's own specialities in gastronomy and it's one of the joys of travelling.

    See, I live in a town of 200,000 people with a metropolitan area of 300,000. Probably it's because it's not a big city, but had we have a conversation about places to go to eat, we would comment restaurants or specific places. Never about food chains. 

    Well....you know...this is America.....so we do have it all.   From the finest most expensive restaurants to your fast food and greasy spoons.    I don't know if the Spanish are like the French....but we don't usually spend 3 hours eating dinner....so sometimes the food is fast and furious.  

  • I’ve always been a McDonald’s apologist here. I think for the sheer amount of food they turn out at such a fast pace, that the quality is better than its given credit for. 

    Its more than edible. 

    That said I’d much rather eat a plate of chorizo and patatas bravas of course  

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @londonbrown said:

    I’ve always been a McDonald’s apologist here. I think for the sheer amount of food they turn out at such a fast pace, that the quality is better than its given credit for. 

    Its more than edible. 

    That said I’d much rather eat a plate of chorizo and patatas bravas of course  

    I agree for the most part....considering that the door of my office is 100 steps from the front door of a McDonald's.   (and just this morning I ate one of their Sausage Egg McMuffin's).

    It is also a matter of cost.   I can eat at McDonald's for $5.00.   To go anywhere else for lunch...with tip....it would more like $15.00.  That said, maybe today I will treat myself to a real lunch.  

    Maybe Mexican.

    What does our Spanish friend think of Mexican food?