Skip to content

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

The Browns Board
3.1k 65 181.7k 2
  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by

    I just smoked and pulled 30 lbs. of pork!! Its pretty damn hard to beat a plate of my pulled pork with some slaw. I would put it up against any pitmaster out there. 

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Anthony Bourdain committed suicide in his honor we should close this thread

  • I just smoked and pulled 30 lbs. of pork!! Its pretty damn hard to beat a plate of my pulled pork with some slaw. I would put it up against any pitmaster out there. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @jcam222 said:

    I just smoked and pulled 30 lbs. of pork!! Its pretty damn hard to beat a plate of my pulled pork with some slaw. I would put it up against any pitmaster out there. 

    30# whoa that's a big pile of meat! What kind of smoker?

  • @jcam222 said:

    I just smoked and pulled 30 lbs. of pork!! Its pretty damn hard to beat a plate of my pulled pork with some slaw. I would put it up against any pitmaster out there. 

    30# whoa that's a big pile of meat! What kind of smoker?

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    30# whoa that's a big pile of meat! What kind of smoker?

    Used my MES40 electric and also my big green egg. I love smoking and grilling meat. Really turning into a passion. Did 5 racks of spare ribs last weekend. 

  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by LBC mike

    I make killer ribs.  The brothers in LBC dig them.  I make 3 full racks and only get 4 ribs to myself.  

    Pork or beef.

    Make my own dry rub.  Prep the ribs the say before.  Slit the ribs slightly and clean the back.   Out the rub on the ribs and fridge overnight.   Slow cook at 165 in oven for 6 to 7 hours.

    Smother them bbq sauce and then to the grill.   Smother more bbq sauce to get them caramelized on the outside.   

    I have marinated the ribs for 12 hours in pineapple juice before the dry rub stage before.

  • jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by

    I bet that long in pineapple they were fall apart tender faster. I make a teriyaki marinade  with pineapple juice base and it really tenderizes. 

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @dutch-oven said:

    Damn the pineapple juice trick sounds good... and of course my girlfriend is allergic to pineapple... ?

    The joint in Youngstown that I go to has an absolute killer spicy bbq/raspberry sauce. The Sheet is so damn good. There's a reason I drive a hour east to get it!

    As long as she's not allergic to you.😆

    So how was the Oakes? For you non Mahoning Valley guys it's an old Youngstown joint, it was featured on the Spike Bar Rescue show.....I think the owners needed rescued all right!

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    Something unusual, my wife was running errands and was going to bring home Steak and Shake burgers on the 2 for $3 menu got there and the line was to the front door, the lady ahead said they were there almost an hour....forget that. 

    Went to Jersey Mike's instead nobody in line, none at lunch time. She said the staff all looked like they were 16, ordered a Philly Steak for me girl asked if she wanted peppers, onions, cheese.....d'uh that's a Philly Steak. 

    Got home in time for the 1 pm Indians game, the steak was good but the cheese wasn't quite right, I was surprised but it goes to show you you never know on one on any one visit what the food is like every time......but I hope it never happens again. 

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by calfoxwc

    all night in pineapple juice...oh, I'm going to have to try bbq'ing my first time grilling ribs with that idea.

    I've marinated pork chops with water, apple cider vinegar and brown sugar in the past...that worked out great

  • Anthony Bourdain committed suicide in his honor we should close this thread

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Anthony Bourdain committed suicide in his honor we should close this thread

    I would probably have to kill myself if I was forced to eat some of that wierd stuff from Parts Unknown. 🙂

  • all night in pineapple juice...oh, I'm going to have to try bbq'ing my first time grilling ribs with that idea.

    I've marinated pork chops with water, apple cider vinegar and brown sugar in the past...that worked out great

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by

    @calfoxwc said:

    all night in pineapple juice...oh, I'm going to have to try bbq'ing my first time grilling ribs with that idea.

    I've marinated pork chops with water, apple cider vinegar and brown sugar in the past...that worked out great

    Add some soy, sesame oil and ginger to the juice 

  • The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    Nineteen pages on a thread that comes down to just 3 words:   pizza,  chili, wings.

  • Nineteen pages on a thread that comes down to just 3 words:   pizza,  chili, wings.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Nineteen pages on a thread that comes down to just 3 words:   pizza,  chili, wings.

    Grilling outside, steak sandwiches and of course good ethnic foods among many other GAMEDAY and other eats. 🙂

  • @the-gipper said:

    Nineteen pages on a thread that comes down to just 3 words:   pizza,  chili, wings.

    Grilling outside, steak sandwiches and of course good ethnic foods among many other GAMEDAY and other eats. 🙂

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Grilling outside, steak sandwiches and of course good ethnic foods among many other GAMEDAY and other eats. 🙂

    OH the Indians come on in 15 minutes,  we're having leftovers from having friends over yesterday :

    Grilled chicken strips with three different Emeril's seasonings, ummmmm, make plenty great snacks!

    Salad with Marzetti's Bleu cheese dressing, wife's homemade mac salad, crackers with dill dip, green and black olives, green onions......and almond cream cake, wife's favorite.  I'm also having a Sam Adams Boston Lager. C'Mon over! 😁

  • @the-gipper said:

    Nineteen pages on a thread that comes down to just 3 words:   pizza,  chili, wings.

    Grilling outside, steak sandwiches and of course good ethnic foods among many other GAMEDAY and other eats. 🙂

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Grilling outside, steak sandwiches and of course good ethnic foods among many other GAMEDAY and other eats. 🙂

    Three words, all that is needed. 

  • @mjp28 said:

    Grilling outside, steak sandwiches and of course good ethnic foods among many other GAMEDAY and other eats. 🙂

    OH the Indians come on in 15 minutes,  we're having leftovers from having friends over yesterday :

    Grilled chicken strips with three different Emeril's seasonings, ummmmm, make plenty great snacks!

    Salad with Marzetti's Bleu cheese dressing, wife's homemade mac salad, crackers with dill dip, green and black olives, green onions......and almond cream cake, wife's favorite.  I'm also having a Sam Adams Boston Lager. C'Mon over! 😁

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    OH the Indians come on in 15 minutes,  we're having leftovers from having friends over yesterday :

    Grilled chicken strips with three different Emeril's seasonings, ummmmm, make plenty great snacks!

    Salad with Marzetti's Bleu cheese dressing, wife's homemade mac salad, crackers with dill dip, green and black olives, green onions......and almond cream cake, wife's favorite.  I'm also having a Sam Adams Boston Lager. C'Mon over! 😁

    You are obsessed with what goes in your gut.

  • @mjp28 said:

    OH the Indians come on in 15 minutes,  we're having leftovers from having friends over yesterday :

    Grilled chicken strips with three different Emeril's seasonings, ummmmm, make plenty great snacks!

    Salad with Marzetti's Bleu cheese dressing, wife's homemade mac salad, crackers with dill dip, green and black olives, green onions......and almond cream cake, wife's favorite.  I'm also having a Sam Adams Boston Lager. C'Mon over! 😁

    You are obsessed with what goes in your gut.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    You are obsessed with what goes in your gut.

    Obsessed, no. Enjoy good eating, yes!

    I'm a good cook my wife is an excellent cook, she has to watch her cholesterol so we eat have a very good diet. We also rarely bring home burgers or pizza but do once in awhile. 

    Oh we also have a massive cookbook collection and come from families that cook. Live a little Gip, expand your culinary horizons. 

  • LBC mikeL LBC mike wrote on last edited by

    Great cookbook is the first edition of the new York Times cookbook.  Blue cover.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969

    Ain't nothin' better'n my salmon baked with/served in my homemade blackberry preserves Black Seal rum sauce. Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmy!!!?

  • Ain't nothin' better'n my salmon baked with/served in my homemade blackberry preserves Black Seal rum sauce. Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmy!!!?

    DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Ain't nothin' better'n my salmon baked with/served in my homemade blackberry preserves Black Seal rum sauce. Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmy!!!?

    recipe please.