Skip to content

• Favorite GAMEDAY food ? ..... Dine in, carryout, *delivery or make at home.

The Browns Board
3.1k 65 181.6k 2
  • @hoorta said:

    That's what those California Cabernet Sauvignons are made for.  🙂  

    You sound like my wife with her merlot, Pinot whatever, zinfandel. I'm a Rinuite Lambrusco with spaghetti guy once in awhile.

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    You sound like my wife with her merlot, Pinot whatever, zinfandel. I'm a Rinuite Lambrusco with spaghetti guy once in awhile.

    Aha, then look for some cheap Sangria from Spain. Nero can confirm that you will love that if you like Lambrusco.?

  • @mjp28 said:

    You sound like my wife with her merlot, Pinot whatever, zinfandel. I'm a Rinuite Lambrusco with spaghetti guy once in awhile.

    Aha, then look for some cheap Sangria from Spain. Nero can confirm that you will love that if you like Lambrusco.?

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @texasag1969 said:

    Aha, then look for some cheap Sangria from Spain. Nero can confirm that you will love that if you like Lambrusco.?

    My wife has a bottle of Madria Sangria downstairs, for cooking and drinking, available anywhere.

    Screenshot_2018-09-16-10-39-34.png

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Aha, then look for some cheap Sangria from Spain. Nero can confirm that you will love that if you like Lambrusco.?

    My wife has a bottle of Madria Sangria downstairs, for cooking and drinking, available anywhere.

    Screenshot_2018-09-16-10-39-34.png

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    My wife has a bottle of Madria Sangria downstairs, for cooking and drinking, available anywhere.

    Well now ur in bidnes cowboy!?

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    Oh total coincidence but today's GAMEDAY MEAL were having Penne Rigate pasta with chopped mushrooms in the sauce and Abruzzi's Italian meatballs......ummmm, wife can throw together a meal. Italian bread and some Ruinite Lambrusco for me. It really smells good in here!

    GEAUX BROWNS! 

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @dutch-oven said:

    Abruzzi's? Good choice on the penne, that's my go-to pasta. 

    What's the Italian bakery to go to in the Mahoning Valley? 

    Besides the grocery store, Schwebels, etc. Jimmys, 5 star.....

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    easy fixings this morning bagel cream cheese and salmon with yes the bacon pineapple sausage on the side

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    3230 Belmont Avenue, eat in for lunch.

    http://www.jimmysitalianspecialties.com/menu.html

    .....edit add, long, long ago I used to eat at the founders restaurant on the West side of Youngstown, great pizza then. Somewhat different more upscale now.

    ......edit 2, if the wife doesn't have time to make her scratch meatballs we occasionally have the Abruzzi's meatballs -but- we still doctor meals like fresh mushrooms in the sauce, and the wife grows and dries herbs every year, gives TONS away generally 12-14 varieties. She's good at it!

    ......edit 3, you always sautee your mushrooms in wine before adding to the sauce. Bon Appétit. 

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by

    Every Sunday the Browns serve me a $hit Sandwich

  • Every Sunday the Browns serve me a $hit Sandwich

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @baconhound said:

    Every Sunday the Browns serve me a $hit Sandwich

    Specialty of the House direct from Turkeys.?

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    Well I've been sick over the past month, even in the hospital -plus- we have relatives coming in from Chicago coming to stay here Monday.......I'm off my culinary game!

    In fact I'm seriously thinking about a fried bologna sandwich with melted mozarella cheese,  Burman's mayo (my new favorite replacing 50 year champ Hellman's) maybe Grey Poupon mustard on Jewish rye, some kosher dills during the BROWNS game.

    My wife might bake some cookies.

  • 3230 Belmont Avenue, eat in for lunch.

    http://www.jimmysitalianspecialties.com/menu.html

    .....edit add, long, long ago I used to eat at the founders restaurant on the West side of Youngstown, great pizza then. Somewhat different more upscale now.

    ......edit 2, if the wife doesn't have time to make her scratch meatballs we occasionally have the Abruzzi's meatballs -but- we still doctor meals like fresh mushrooms in the sauce, and the wife grows and dries herbs every year, gives TONS away generally 12-14 varieties. She's good at it!

    ......edit 3, you always sautee your mushrooms in wine before adding to the sauce. Bon Appétit. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    3230 Belmont Avenue, eat in for lunch.

    http://www.jimmysitalianspecialties.com/menu.html

    .....edit add, long, long ago I used to eat at the founders restaurant on the West side of Youngstown, great pizza then. Somewhat different more upscale now.

    ......edit 2, if the wife doesn't have time to make her scratch meatballs we occasionally have the Abruzzi's meatballs -but- we still doctor meals like fresh mushrooms in the sauce, and the wife grows and dries herbs every year, gives TONS away generally 12-14 varieties. She's good at it!

    ......edit 3, you always sautee your mushrooms in wine before adding to the sauce. Bon Appétit. 

    Hey Dutch, have you had a chance to check out Jimmy's if you're ever slummin' over this side of Ohio.

  • flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by

    420 blackbirds baked into a pie sounds like a real treat today. Just make sure to remove the beaks and claws

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'll have to check it out.

    Isn't there a famous seafood place on Belmont Ave? 

    We don't get up to Belmont since we moved to Boardman 30+ years ago -but- the Youngstown Crab Co. used to be nice up there.

    I literally grew up on the strip in Niles from high school 1960s until we moved in 1985.

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by

    So my vegan breakfast burrito this morning is now 1-0, so yea, I'll be having one again next week. 

  • Well I've been sick over the past month, even in the hospital -plus- we have relatives coming in from Chicago coming to stay here Monday.......I'm off my culinary game!

    In fact I'm seriously thinking about a fried bologna sandwich with melted mozarella cheese,  Burman's mayo (my new favorite replacing 50 year champ Hellman's) maybe Grey Poupon mustard on Jewish rye, some kosher dills during the BROWNS game.

    My wife might bake some cookies.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Well I've been sick over the past month, even in the hospital -plus- we have relatives coming in from Chicago coming to stay here Monday.......I'm off my culinary game!

    In fact I'm seriously thinking about a fried bologna sandwich with melted mozarella cheese,  Burman's mayo (my new favorite replacing 50 year champ Hellman's) maybe Grey Poupon mustard on Jewish rye, some kosher dills during the BROWNS game.

    My wife might bake some cookies.

    Oh my fried bologna with melted mozzarella was quite tasty.

    Back to gormet or grill cooking this week for company....84 degrees today!

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    heisenburg.jpg

    Sorry.PNG

  • Well I've been sick over the past month, even in the hospital -plus- we have relatives coming in from Chicago coming to stay here Monday.......I'm off my culinary game!

    In fact I'm seriously thinking about a fried bologna sandwich with melted mozarella cheese,  Burman's mayo (my new favorite replacing 50 year champ Hellman's) maybe Grey Poupon mustard on Jewish rye, some kosher dills during the BROWNS game.

    My wife might bake some cookies.

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by

    @mjp28 said:

    Well I've been sick over the past month, even in the hospital -plus- we have relatives coming in from Chicago coming to stay here Monday.......I'm off my culinary game!

    In fact I'm seriously thinking about a fried bologna sandwich with melted mozarella cheese,  Burman's mayo (my new favorite replacing 50 year champ Hellman's) maybe Grey Poupon mustard on Jewish rye, some kosher dills during the BROWNS game.

    My wife might bake some cookies.

    Hard to beat a fried bologna sandwich for comfort food! What is the Burmans mayo you speak of? If its better than Hellmans it may be the holy grail of condiments!!

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by

    Best Mayo is Dukes, no contest.

  • @mjp28 said:

    Well I've been sick over the past month, even in the hospital -plus- we have relatives coming in from Chicago coming to stay here Monday.......I'm off my culinary game!

    In fact I'm seriously thinking about a fried bologna sandwich with melted mozarella cheese,  Burman's mayo (my new favorite replacing 50 year champ Hellman's) maybe Grey Poupon mustard on Jewish rye, some kosher dills during the BROWNS game.

    My wife might bake some cookies.

    Hard to beat a fried bologna sandwich for comfort food! What is the Burmans mayo you speak of? If its better than Hellmans it may be the holy grail of condiments!!

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    @jcam222 said:

    Hard to beat a fried bologna sandwich for comfort food! What is the Burmans mayo you speak of? If its better than Hellmans it may be the holy grail of condiments!!

    Burman's is Aldi's brand of mayo,  mustard, ketchup etc the mayo jar looks exactly like a Hellmans jar...... bought it by mistake but I love it and all of their products.  It's my mayo now after 50 years of Hellman. 

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28

    Now this is different.......a GAMEDAY dish on a MONDAY Cleveland Indians playoff game! Awful time, 1:30 pm first pitch!

    The wife's sister and nephew are driving in from Chicago this afternoon sometime, Indians fans.

    We're grilling Italian sausage and the green peppers NOW for her signature Pasta with Italian Sausage Casserole with sauce, green peppers and melted cheese on top (crushed red pepper flakes optional). A great oven dish that gets better when it sits. Recipe available upon request.....if she has one.

    Can't wait, it's on of my favorite casserole dishes list for sure. Ummmmmm.  😛

    .......oh anothrr add, she grows and dries her own herbs, ummm.