Skip to content

Hue on the end of the first half: "It's on me"

The Browns Board
75 31 2.1k 1
  • SuomiS Suomi wrote on last edited by
    #12

    Hue needs to relinquish the OC responsibilities and just be the head coach.  Hire an OC to run the offense.

  • GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Broken record Ghoolie.............Hue should have been fired at the first quarter of his first preseason game. The Browns are no better off now than they were when Hue was hired. If you guys want to go down the list item-by-item and discus his failures, knock yourself out.

    If the only reason you can come up with to defend keeping him is, "I don't want to start over", then you are a nincompoop. Stay with a cheating wife because you don't want to start over? Stay with a dentist who keeps drilling the wrong teeth because you don't want to find anew dentist. Same thing, stupidity.

    How long has Cinci stuck with Lewis? How is that working out for them? Consistency? Consistency only has value when the things you are doing are worth repeating. Only a coward or a jackoff advocates for sticking with Hue, out of fear of starting over. Jesus,Joseph and Mary, this fauking Hue guy is never going to amount to jack schidt. He needed to be fired 2 years ago during the first pre-season game. 

  • @mark-o said:

    Hue has won 2 of his last 30 games as a head coach

    Holy Hell.......... He must emit some kind of pheromone that only effects certain types of people and makes them think he is somehow a competent head coach.

    I know we have several on this forum, and obviously Jimmy must be one too. 

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @d-bone said:

    Holy Hell.......... He must emit some kind of pheromone that only effects certain types of people and makes them think he is somehow a competent head coach.

    I know we have several on this forum, and obviously Jimmy must be one too. 

    Don't forget, we're good against the run! ?

  • Hue needs to relinquish the OC responsibilities and just be the head coach.  Hire an OC to run the offense.

    GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #15

    @suomi said:

    Hue needs to relinquish the OC responsibilities and just be the head coach.  Hire an OC to run the offense.

    Yeah, he is a great Head Coach. WTF???????????????????

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by jrb12711
    #16

    As I said at the time, it was clear after the play Hue made the call. It was, yet again, a fundamental error that objectively cost the Browns a serious shot at the game. 

    Hue is in over his head. He makes these same lousy mistakes week after week that regardless of talent is pathetic. They should walk hue in on Monday, replay that play 5 times, and give him the walking papers. You simply cannot make that mistake. That isn't an over exaggeration, it's the truth.

  • @d-bone said:

    Holy Hell.......... He must emit some kind of pheromone that only effects certain types of people and makes them think he is somehow a competent head coach.

    I know we have several on this forum, and obviously Jimmy must be one too. 

    Don't forget, we're good against the run! ?

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @canton-dawg said:

    Don't forget, we're good against the run! ?

    Too bad we're 28 on points allowed...... I'm sure somehow that stat will be ignored though, and someone will boast how awesome we are against the pass, in the 2nd qtr, at home, in bright sunlight, with high winds and against teams with a losing record. 

  • @dawgs89 said:

    This is why I'm so divided: Firing him means starting over. Yet, this guy has blatantly cost this team multiple wins this season.

    Last year's 4-12 Rams seem to be doing just fine after a coaching change......

    D Dawgs89 wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @d-bone said:

    Last year's 4-12 Rams seem to be doing just fine after a coaching change......

    Previous to the coaching change, were the Rams hiring & firing gm's & coaches left and right? They have a stud QB. They've got Gurley.

  • runyon27R runyon27 wrote on last edited by
    #19

    The players said Kizer changed to the play to the sneak. Kizer made the call. I have no idea why, there is nothing in the way the Lions lined up for that play that would make you thing changing to the sneak would work. Hue taking ownership is what a coach does publicly to protect players, especially a rookie QB. In the locker I am sure they are discussing why that was a stupid decision.

  • @mark-o said:

    Hue has won 2 of his last 30 games as a head coach

    Holy Hell.......... He must emit some kind of pheromone that only effects certain types of people and makes them think he is somehow a competent head coach.

    I know we have several on this forum, and obviously Jimmy must be one too. 

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @d-bone said:

    Holy Hell.......... He must emit some kind of pheromone that only effects certain types of people and makes them think he is somehow a competent head coach.

    I know we have several on this forum, and obviously Jimmy must be one too. 

    He must have Angelique Collins on speed dial...

  • @d-bone said:

    Last year's 4-12 Rams seem to be doing just fine after a coaching change......

    Previous to the coaching change, were the Rams hiring & firing gm's & coaches left and right? They have a stud QB. They've got Gurley.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by D Bone
    #21

    @dawgs89 said:

    Previous to the coaching change, were the Rams hiring & firing gm's & coaches left and right? They have a stud QB. They've got Gurley.

    Their 2nd year "stud QB" was damn near run out of town last year and proclaimed a "bust" by most fans and media alike here in LA...... Then they hired the right coach, and so far the rest is history. If you've seen every game that Hue has coached for the Browns and can honestly say that, "He's so close to being a great head coach", then I need some of what you're smokin'.... or better yet, I don't! 

  • @dawgs89 said:

    Previous to the coaching change, were the Rams hiring & firing gm's & coaches left and right? They have a stud QB. They've got Gurley.

    Their 2nd year "stud QB" was damn near run out of town last year and proclaimed a "bust" by most fans and media alike here in LA...... Then they hired the right coach, and so far the rest is history. If you've seen every game that Hue has coached for the Browns and can honestly say that, "He's so close to being a great head coach", then I need some of what you're smokin'.... or better yet, I don't! 

    stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @d-bone said:

    Their 2nd year "stud QB" was damn near run out of town last year and proclaimed a "bust" by most fans and media alike here in LA...... Then they hired the right coach, and so far the rest is history. If you've seen every game that Hue has coached for the Browns and can honestly say that, "He's so close to being a great head coach", then I need some of what you're smokin'.... or better yet, I don't! 

    And the scary thing is that Fisher is a better coach then Hue. 

  • @dawgs89 said:

    Previous to the coaching change, were the Rams hiring & firing gm's & coaches left and right? They have a stud QB. They've got Gurley.

    Their 2nd year "stud QB" was damn near run out of town last year and proclaimed a "bust" by most fans and media alike here in LA...... Then they hired the right coach, and so far the rest is history. If you've seen every game that Hue has coached for the Browns and can honestly say that, "He's so close to being a great head coach", then I need some of what you're smokin'.... or better yet, I don't! 

    runyon27R runyon27 wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @d-bone said:

    Their 2nd year "stud QB" was damn near run out of town last year and proclaimed a "bust" by most fans and media alike here in LA...... Then they hired the right coach, and so far the rest is history. If you've seen every game that Hue has coached for the Browns and can honestly say that, "He's so close to being a great head coach", then I need some of what you're smokin'.... or better yet, I don't! 

    To be fair the Rams roster was far better than the Browns, especially on defensive side of the ball. And they had stability that help things like free agents etc being brought on board. Is Hue a great coach, probably not, but I would give him 3 years before blowing up the coaching staff.

  • B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #24

    I think it was Kizer.  If Hue made the call he would've given some rationalization for why he called it as he has done in the past.  Kizer avoided it as well from what I saw of his presser.  Again what makes me nervous is the lack of accountability all around the organization.  Someone made a stupid call and they should own their mistake, not simply brush it off with lame cliches.

  • C Clevfan4life wrote on last edited by
    #25

    god I can't do another redo.

  • god I can't do another redo.

    B BaconHound wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @clevfan4life said:

    god I can't do another redo.

    Not in 2018 but another 4-12 season and it's inevitable

  • god I can't do another redo.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @clevfan4life said:

    god I can't do another redo.

    A new coach doesn't mean a complete redo.  This team isn't that good, but the coach and his play calling and clock management is holding them back as well.   A guy can't lose as many games as a HC that Huey has lost and keep his job.   It just doesn't make any sense.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    god I can't do another redo.

    Not in 2018 but another 4-12 season and it's inevitable

    stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @baconhound said:

    Not in 2018 but another 4-12 season and it's inevitable

    If we go 1-95 with Hue, do you think the NFL would intervene?

  • @baconhound said:

    Not in 2018 but another 4-12 season and it's inevitable

    If we go 1-95 with Hue, do you think the NFL would intervene?

    runyon27R runyon27 wrote on last edited by
    #29

    @stillmotion said:

    If we go 1-95 with Hue, do you think the NFL would intervene?

    Maybe they will name the highway after the Browns.

  • god I can't do another redo.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @clevfan4life said:

    god I can't do another redo.

    Right now we seemed to be damned if we do, and really damned if we don't...... You don't go 1-24 unless something is wrong somewhere. 

  • @stillmotion said:

    If we go 1-95 with Hue, do you think the NFL would intervene?

    Maybe they will name the highway after the Browns.

    stillmotionS stillmotion wrote on last edited by
    #31

    @runyon27 said:

    Maybe they will name the highway after the Browns.

    Could you imagine his pressers after 94 losses and 1 win?