Skip to content

Top 100 richest...who own Sports team

The Browns Board
23 4 1.9k
  • @the-gipper said:

    No.   I don't think so. He was responsible for the "Stepian rule", which as far as I know is still in place.  That rule says that an NBA team may not trade more than one of its future first round draft picks in a row.   Stepian had traded like 4-5 of the Cavs future draft picks in like one year....and only picking up a bunch of mediocre at best players....the likes of Scott Wedman etc.   (how is that for a blast from the past?)

    I thought he started way overpaying for players like W B Free. Been awhile tho. 

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    I thought he started way overpaying for players like W B Free. Been awhile tho. 

    He didn't overpay for World B. Free.  World B. Free may have saved this franchise.   No....it was for the fact that he stripped the club of any future in return for a handful of magic beans....that were inert.

  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    I thought he started way overpaying for players like W B Free. Been awhile tho. 

    He didn't overpay for World B. Free.  World B. Free may have saved this franchise.   No....it was for the fact that he stripped the club of any future in return for a handful of magic beans....that were inert.

    @the-gipper said:

    He didn't overpay for World B. Free.  World B. Free may have saved this franchise.   No....it was for the fact that he stripped the club of any future in return for a handful of magic beans....that were inert.

    Ok, it seems he had some interesting views on race too. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    He didn't overpay for World B. Free.  World B. Free may have saved this franchise.   No....it was for the fact that he stripped the club of any future in return for a handful of magic beans....that were inert.

    Ok, it seems he had some interesting views on race too. 

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    Ok, it seems he had some interesting views on race too. 

    You mean Stepian? Yea...I think he had a kind of plantation mentality.   Here was some of his handiwork:

    Stepien-Trades-Redo3.png?resize=1024,397