Skip to content

Peyton Manning is closing on a house in Cleveland

The Browns Board
128 26 8.3k 1
  • @dutch-oven said:

    See, I never quite understood the appeal of Christmas Ale.

    On one hand, it does a fine job getting the drinker drunk quickly, that can be construed as a plus.

    On the other hand, it tastes like someone ground up a poinsettia in it. 😆

    I agree. I'm a beer purist- don't put any of that extra crap in my beer, like cinnamon, blueberries, or pumpkin... Blackout Stout instead... 

    @hoorta said:

    I agree. I'm a beer purist- don't put any of that extra crap in my beer, like cinnamon, blueberries, or pumpkin... Blackout Stout instead... 

    Coor's is my basic brew.  Don't like Christmas Ale.  Too strong for me.  

  • @dutch-oven said:

    See, I never quite understood the appeal of Christmas Ale.

    On one hand, it does a fine job getting the drinker drunk quickly, that can be construed as a plus.

    On the other hand, it tastes like someone ground up a poinsettia in it. 😆

    I agree. I'm a beer purist- don't put any of that extra crap in my beer, like cinnamon, blueberries, or pumpkin... Blackout Stout instead... 

    @hoorta said:

    I agree. I'm a beer purist- don't put any of that extra crap in my beer, like cinnamon, blueberries, or pumpkin... Blackout Stout instead... 

    My daughter coming over from Philadelphia asked me to buy 'Blue Moon' beer.  Never heard of it, but I picked up a couple six packs.

  • @hoorta said:

    I agree. I'm a beer purist- don't put any of that extra crap in my beer, like cinnamon, blueberries, or pumpkin... Blackout Stout instead... 

    Coor's is my basic brew.  Don't like Christmas Ale.  Too strong for me.  

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Coor's is my basic brew.  Don't like Christmas Ale.  Too strong for me.  

    You're better off going to the Rockies and just drink straight out of the stream. Cheaper and about the same taste. That's why they advertise it  that way.😁

  • There was a good discussion of this on Sports time Ohio the video of which I am unable to copy and post. Jim Donovan Tony Grossi and Doug Deacon were talking about it, but none of them thought that Manning was probably going to bite on the offer at this time. They agreed that someday he would certainly be a team president or something like it, and quite possibly a very good one, but they doubt he has the desire to do it at this moment. If and when he changes his mind, they conclude, the Cleveland Browns will certainly be on the short list. They still agreed it was a possibility.

    WSS

  • There was a good discussion of this on Sports time Ohio the video of which I am unable to copy and post. Jim Donovan Tony Grossi and Doug Deacon were talking about it, but none of them thought that Manning was probably going to bite on the offer at this time. They agreed that someday he would certainly be a team president or something like it, and quite possibly a very good one, but they doubt he has the desire to do it at this moment. If and when he changes his mind, they conclude, the Cleveland Browns will certainly be on the short list. They still agreed it was a possibility.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    There was a good discussion of this on Sports time Ohio the video of which I am unable to copy and post. Jim Donovan Tony Grossi and Doug Deacon were talking about it, but none of them thought that Manning was probably going to bite on the offer at this time. They agreed that someday he would certainly be a team president or something like it, and quite possibly a very good one, but they doubt he has the desire to do it at this moment. If and when he changes his mind, they conclude, the Cleveland Browns will certainly be on the SH-IT list. They still agreed it was a possibility.

    WSS

    FIFY😛

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Coor's is my basic brew.  Don't like Christmas Ale.  Too strong for me.  

    You're better off going to the Rockies and just drink straight out of the stream. Cheaper and about the same taste. That's why they advertise it  that way.😁

    @texasag1969 said:

    You're better off going to the Rockies and just drink straight out of the stream. Cheaper and about the same taste. That's why they advertise it  that way.😁

    Nah.  I like it.  Been drinking it since it was only available West of the Mississippi.

  • I think we might have to stage an Intervention for this board... 😆

    @dutch-oven said:

    I think we might have to stage an Intervention for this board... 😆

    Isn't that true for most sports boards......especially if you're a current BROWNS fan. 

    And I've long moved on from Miller Lite to Sam Adams Boston Lager will definitely have one or more for turkey day today.

    What was this thread again, Peyton's Place? Yeah may be some booze flowing in Cleveland and Ohio and elsewhere    if he steps up to the plate next for the Brownies. 

  • @mjp28 said:

    Yes I like beer not tootie-fruitie drinks plus my whiskey straight, on the rocks or occasionally as a highball. Manly Shhit !

    OK then-Back we go to Diplomatico Ron Reserva Exclusiva-best sipping rum ever made. And don't ruin it with watering down rocks.😁

    @texasag1969 said:

    OK then-Back we go to Diplomatico Ron Reserva Exclusiva-best sipping rum ever made. And don't ruin it with watering down rocks.😁

    Good sipping whiskey or other spirits always best as it was intended but I do like some Canadian blends on the rocks like my Canadian Mist or a nightly highball......kind of refreshing cold.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    You're better off going to the Rockies and just drink straight out of the stream. Cheaper and about the same taste. That's why they advertise it  that way.😁

    Nah.  I like it.  Been drinking it since it was only available West of the Mississippi.

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Nah.  I like it.  Been drinking it since it was only available West of the Mississippi.

    You have something in common with Paul Neuman then. Watch the movie Hud where he was drinking a beer and it's a Coors. Loved it in real life too.

  • I was sad the day they quit making Stroh's... It was about the closest thing to real beer as you could find... Just about everything out these days is like processed instant beer.. And like Hoorta.. I'm a beer purist also.. these faggy little flavored beers are disgusting...

  • I was sad the day they quit making Stroh's... It was about the closest thing to real beer as you could find... Just about everything out these days is like processed instant beer.. And like Hoorta.. I'm a beer purist also.. these faggy little flavored beers are disgusting...

    @nickers said:

    I was sad the day they quit making Stroh's... It was about the closest thing to real beer as you could find... Just about everything out these days is like processed instant beer.. And like Hoorta.. I'm a beer purist also.. these faggy little flavored beers are disgusting...

    OH GOD from 1969-1980 during the mill years it was Stroh's long necks or we wouldn't drink beer.......but we always managed to find it somewhere! I still have my old Stroh's tee shirt here somewhere, probably in a box with my Siperbowl XVII shirt. 😆

  • I was sad the day they quit making Stroh's... It was about the closest thing to real beer as you could find... Just about everything out these days is like processed instant beer.. And like Hoorta.. I'm a beer purist also.. these faggy little flavored beers are disgusting...

    @nickers said:

    I was sad the day they quit making Stroh's... It was about the closest thing to real beer as you could find... Just about everything out these days is like processed instant beer.. And like Hoorta.. I'm a beer purist also.. these faggy little flavored beers are disgusting...

    My Uncle used to drink the Long neck Stroh's.  He used to get shitfaced and take my older brother and I bowling, lol.

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Nah.  I like it.  Been drinking it since it was only available West of the Mississippi.

    You have something in common with Paul Neuman then. Watch the movie Hud where he was drinking a beer and it's a Coors. Loved it in real life too.

    @texasag1969 said:

    You have something in common with Paul Neuman then. Watch the movie Hud where he was drinking a beer and it's a Coors. Loved it in real life too.

    Did you know Paul Newman is from Shaker Heights, OH?  A suburb of Cleveland. 

  • So I guess that would make Shaker Heights, Newman's Own? 

  • @hoorta said:

    I agree. I'm a beer purist- don't put any of that extra crap in my beer, like cinnamon, blueberries, or pumpkin... Blackout Stout instead... 

    Coor's is my basic brew.  Don't like Christmas Ale.  Too strong for me.  

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Coor's is my basic brew.  Don't like Christmas Ale.  Too strong for me.  

    Nothing wrong with Coors or Bud if that's what you like. As the Romans said way back, there's no arguing about taste. Um, don't know about you- but MHO is when Coors went national, it changed. Back in the 70s, you could line up six different beers for me, and I could pick out the Coors without fail- it was that distinctive. No longer, though I have to admit to the possibility after 40 years, my nose is shot. 

    @texasag1969 said:

    You're better off going to the Rockies and just drink straight out of the stream. Cheaper and about the same taste. That's why they advertise it  that way.😁

    That would be Coors Lite Ag. But that can't hold a candle to that stuff they brewed down Texas way- Pearl Lite. The closest thing to a babbling brook I ever tasted. 

  • Probably was different then.  They used to say it had to be refrigerated constantly to remain fresh.  Now they store the cases out on the floor.  

  • @mjp28 said:

    Yes I like beer not tootie-fruitie drinks plus my whiskey straight, on the rocks or occasionally as a highball. Manly Shhit !

    OK then-Back we go to Diplomatico Ron Reserva Exclusiva-best sipping rum ever made. And don't ruin it with watering down rocks.😁

    @texasag1969 said:

    OK then-Back we go to Diplomatico Ron Reserva Exclusiva-best sipping rum ever made. And don't ruin it with watering down rocks.😁

    Thanks for the reminder Ag. I'll have to try and find a bottle. Forgot which one you preferred when we got into a discussion about rum. Don't know if it's available here. State of Ohio usually won't bother importing something unless they can move 10,000 cases of it. I have to head south of the border to Kentucky to buy one of my faves real Senior Curacao from the island. The domestic knockoff stuff is pure crap by comparison. BTW, the Orange version is the Board's traditional pregame shooter at our Tailgates.  

    Did try a bottle of Ghoolie's Zaya, and it's OK, though on the sweet side. Though some reports say it's not the same stuff when they moved production from Guatemala to Trinidad. Also sort of deceptive advertizing. Used to say "aged 12 years", now it's just 12 aged rums.  Hmmmmm.......   

  • Probably was different then.  They used to say it had to be refrigerated constantly to remain fresh.  Now they store the cases out on the floor.  

    @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Probably was different then.  They used to say it had to be refrigerated constantly to remain fresh.  Now they store the cases out on the floor.  

    That may be because way back IIRC, Coors was unpasteurized. Might not be the case anymore. Also economics of scale in a negative way. Can't keep all those tens of million gallons of beer cold.  🙁  

    In a similar way- I have only one rule when it comes to beer- ABM- anything but Miller. Miller High Life is in clear bottles because it's so processed it's totally DOA. The reason amber bottles beer is usually in is to protect it from sunlight, so it doesn't go "skunky".  You probably could set a six pack of Miller out on a beach in Florida for a week, and it wouldn't harm it. 

  • @diehardbrownsfan said:

    Probably was different then.  They used to say it had to be refrigerated constantly to remain fresh.  Now they store the cases out on the floor.  

    That may be because way back IIRC, Coors was unpasteurized. Might not be the case anymore. Also economics of scale in a negative way. Can't keep all those tens of million gallons of beer cold.  🙁  

    In a similar way- I have only one rule when it comes to beer- ABM- anything but Miller. Miller High Life is in clear bottles because it's so processed it's totally DOA. The reason amber bottles beer is usually in is to protect it from sunlight, so it doesn't go "skunky".  You probably could set a six pack of Miller out on a beach in Florida for a week, and it wouldn't harm it. 

    @hoorta said:

    That may be because way back IIRC, Coors was unpasteurized. Might not be the case anymore. Also economics of scale in a negative way. Can't keep all those tens of million gallons of beer cold.  🙁  

    In a similar way- I have only one rule when it comes to beer- ABM- anything but Miller. Miller High Life is in clear bottles because it's so processed it's totally DOA. The reason amber bottles beer is usually in is to protect it from sunlight, so it doesn't go "skunky".  You probably could set a six pack of Miller out on a beach in Florida for a week, and it wouldn't harm it. 

    One thing about Coors back in the day is that they would send people out to places that sold their beer check and see if it was in the cooler or on the shelf. If it turned out to be warm on the shelf they would cut that place off. I think that's how Bob Evans used to be, only sewing to places they could deliver fresh.

    WSS

  • @hoorta said:

    That may be because way back IIRC, Coors was unpasteurized. Might not be the case anymore. Also economics of scale in a negative way. Can't keep all those tens of million gallons of beer cold.  🙁  

    In a similar way- I have only one rule when it comes to beer- ABM- anything but Miller. Miller High Life is in clear bottles because it's so processed it's totally DOA. The reason amber bottles beer is usually in is to protect it from sunlight, so it doesn't go "skunky".  You probably could set a six pack of Miller out on a beach in Florida for a week, and it wouldn't harm it. 

    One thing about Coors back in the day is that they would send people out to places that sold their beer check and see if it was in the cooler or on the shelf. If it turned out to be warm on the shelf they would cut that place off. I think that's how Bob Evans used to be, only sewing to places they could deliver fresh.

    WSS

    @westside-steve said:

    One thing about Coors back in the day is that they would send people out to places that sold their beer check and see if it was in the cooler or on the shelf. If it turned out to be warm on the shelf they would cut that place off. I think that's how Bob Evans used to be, only sewing to places they could deliver fresh.

    WSS

    I worked for a beer distributor over 30 years ago and coors beer was allways in are dry storage