Skip to content

The 'who have you watched lately?' thread.

The Browns Board
254 26 9.7k
  • Just watched some tape of bradley chubb. Not bad. His tape doesnt absolutely blow my mind but he's a solid end. Its not like macj or bosa's tape where u go wtf? He reminds me alot of garretts college tape without the ridiculous ghost rush but maybe a lil better disciplined against the run than garrett was. 

    Would be a solid choice with the texans pick.....but id prefer we bring in a veteran DE in FA instead of another rook. Front 7 coyld be special nect year with collins back and maybe ansah at DE.

  • Really don't gt into "tape" until the declarations start being made and underclass start rolling into Draft Scouts rankings, but.... three QBs caught my eye this season beginning my Darkhorse competition.

    The first was Ole Miss' Shea Patterson, but he's a sophomore and has now been supplanted by Jordan Ta'amu, also a sophomore. Haven't seen him play as yet, but statistically he's surpassed Shea. So no time need be spent there... see you next year boys?

    The second was Miss State's Nick Fitzgerald, a junior, so maybe worth some time. But his early promise took nose dives whenever the Bulldogs faced real competition... not all his fault, but he's broken down some. I have to think he'll stay in school.. and benefit from it. Definitely will see you next season, son.

    And then there's UVA's Kurt Benkert... fell in love with this kids mechanics at first sight. His burden has weighed him down as the season wore on and the competition stiffened, but his form has held up well. BIG game this Saturday vs. The U... My VCR is primed and ready.

    Haven't looked hard at any other positions.

  • Patterson got injured FTR Tour. 

  • Being that I am interested in and watch WAY MORE NCAA than NFL football now I catch a lot more big games with the big teams plus all the hours on end of highlight stuff before, during and after games    you can't help seeing all of the primarily TOP 25 teams.

    In particular Ohio State, B1G, ND, OU, good primetime match ups and occasional west coast late games......with particular interest in the QBs  (naturally), OL and DL guys.

    Maybe the reason too why my NCAA Pick'ems are good and NFL ones stink. 😆

  • Where is everyone watching full game cut ups? Draft breakdown has started charging for the good stuff and as hall and Oates would say, I can’t go for that (no can do) 

  • Where are you guys getting your unbiased game tape? Is there a free site that gives you every single snap of every single game of Jon J Studd with no voice overs, play removals or any other biases? If so a link would be great!

    I only watch the Pac 12 and SEC until the Bowl games. 

  • YouTube sometimes shows every play by certain players.  Primarily qbs and rbs though,  but you can watch every throw good or bad 

  • I don't get to watch much PAC12 football, but I'll be sure to watch UCLA vs USC tomorrow night. (Josh Rosen vs Sam Darnold)

  • I didn't watch anything in the way of game tape....but I have seen a few guys on live TV lately.

    Mason Rudolph vs.  Iowa St.  looked pretty good. I saw big chunks of that game. 

    Saw some of the shootout with him and Mayfield.

    But in watching both....I kept thinking:  How much can you trust this....since it is a Big 12 game, and the scores were like  62-52 or 49-42 etc. 

    It is why despite both players being highly touted, I am still skeptical.

  • I didn't watch anything in the way of game tape....but I have seen a few guys on live TV lately.

    Mason Rudolph vs.  Iowa St.  looked pretty good. I saw big chunks of that game. 

    Saw some of the shootout with him and Mayfield.

    But in watching both....I kept thinking:  How much can you trust this....since it is a Big 12 game, and the scores were like  62-52 or 49-42 etc. 

    It is why despite both players being highly touted, I am still skeptical.

    @the-gipper said:

    I didn't watch anything in the way of game tape....but I have seen a few guys on live TV lately.

    Mason Rudolph vs.  Iowa St.  looked pretty good. I saw big chunks of that game. 

    Saw some of the shootout with him and Mayfield.

    But in watching both....I kept thinking:  How much can you trust this....since it is a Big 12 game, and the scores were like  62-52 or 49-42 etc. 

    It is why despite both players being highly touted, I am still skeptical.

    Same here.

    I like to watch Baker Mayfield play, but BIG12 QB's don't have a colorful history with the Browns.

  • @the-gipper said:

    I didn't watch anything in the way of game tape....but I have seen a few guys on live TV lately.

    Mason Rudolph vs.  Iowa St.  looked pretty good. I saw big chunks of that game. 

    Saw some of the shootout with him and Mayfield.

    But in watching both....I kept thinking:  How much can you trust this....since it is a Big 12 game, and the scores were like  62-52 or 49-42 etc. 

    It is why despite both players being highly touted, I am still skeptical.

    Same here.

    I like to watch Baker Mayfield play, but BIG12 QB's don't have a colorful history with the Browns.

    @canton-dawg said:

    Same here.

    I like to watch Baker Mayfield play, but BIG12 QB's don't have a colorful history with the Browns.

    No QB's have a very good history with the Browns

  • Time has been crunched this week with work and school.  Sorry about that, boys.    Updated for my thoughts on Josh Jackson in my original post.

  • Watched Darnold against Colorado- looked worlds better than anything I saw out of Kizer when he was at Notre Dame. Easy to see why Sam was getting all that hype. Also have seen plenty of Allen- have the Air Force game I've yet to watch, but he wasn't impressive against Boise State or Colorado State. Have seen some of Mayfield, but not the entire game against TCU. 

    I'm sure us Ohio State homers think that analytics guy is nuts if he thinks JT Barrett is a good pro prospect. 

    If Darnold declares, I can easily see 3 qbs going in the first round. 

  • I watched that Colo. game too and look forward to the showdown this weekend. Allen I've seen enough and still barfing. And Big XII is a defensive mess now that TCU is not playing as well as normal. I get to see Mississippi this weekend against my Aggies in Oxford via TV. Should be interesting. I have to record it though and watch most later because of the conflicting USC-UCLA game that starts an hour later.

  • YouTube sometimes shows every play by certain players.  Primarily qbs and rbs though,  but you can watch every throw good or bad 

    @sd_tom said:

    YouTube sometimes shows every play by certain players.  Primarily qbs and rbs though,  but you can watch every throw good or bad 

    There is a LOT of stuff on YouTube, way more than when it started up.....I try to stay away from it because you can waste a whole bunch of time watching everything on there.! 😳

    (actually it's a good site)

  • @sd_tom said:

    YouTube sometimes shows every play by certain players.  Primarily qbs and rbs though,  but you can watch every throw good or bad 

    There is a LOT of stuff on YouTube, way more than when it started up.....I try to stay away from it because you can waste a whole bunch of time watching everything on there.! 😳

    (actually it's a good site)

    @mjp28 said:

    There is a LOT of stuff on YouTube, way more than when it started up.....I try to stay away from it because you can waste a whole bunch of time watching everything on there.! 😳

    (actually it's a good site)

    I love it too much. Next thing I know,  I've wasted 4 hours straight looking at random crap 

  • Watched Darnold against Colorado- looked worlds better than anything I saw out of Kizer when he was at Notre Dame. Easy to see why Sam was getting all that hype. Also have seen plenty of Allen- have the Air Force game I've yet to watch, but he wasn't impressive against Boise State or Colorado State. Have seen some of Mayfield, but not the entire game against TCU. 

    I'm sure us Ohio State homers think that analytics guy is nuts if he thinks JT Barrett is a good pro prospect. 

    If Darnold declares, I can easily see 3 qbs going in the first round. 

    @hoorta said:

    If Darnold declares, I can easily see 3 qbs going in the first round. 

    went back to look at what Goff/Wentz slotted at when Drafted? That QB dollar should be hard to pass on anywhere as a top 3 pick ..If were picking at #1 at a QB? Darnold looks to me, to be the safest bet with his mobility & keeping accuracy as a #1 pick..EDIT-Did watch Lamar Jackson live in Raleigh,NC..Just whisper No!! HueJax 

  • I don't get to watch much PAC12 football, but I'll be sure to watch UCLA vs USC tomorrow night. (Josh Rosen vs Sam Darnold)

    @canton-dawg said:

    I don't get to watch much PAC12 football, but I'll be sure to watch UCLA vs USC tomorrow night. (Josh Rosen vs Sam Darnold)

    I'm really looking forward to this game.

    Then again, I was really looking forward to last Saturday night's game too... And my Irish forgot to show up. 😠

  • @hoorta said:

    If Darnold declares, I can easily see 3 qbs going in the first round. 

    went back to look at what Goff/Wentz slotted at when Drafted? That QB dollar should be hard to pass on anywhere as a top 3 pick ..If were picking at #1 at a QB? Darnold looks to me, to be the safest bet with his mobility & keeping accuracy as a #1 pick..EDIT-Did watch Lamar Jackson live in Raleigh,NC..Just whisper No!! HueJax 

    @gumby73 said:

    went back to look at what Goff/Wentz slotted at when Drafted? That QB dollar should be hard to pass on anywhere as a top 3 pick ..If were picking at #1 at a QB? Darnold looks to me, to be the safest bet with his mobility & keeping accuracy as a #1 pick..EDIT-Did watch Lamar Jackson live in Raleigh,NC..Just whisper No!! HueJax 

    Darnold=Matt Leinert.