Skip to content

Positives from the 2017 season?

The Browns Board
83 31 2.7k
  • @tour2ma said:

    Looking forward to seeing how his fill in does tomorrow... and the next two weeks.

    Are you implying that Wentz is an average QB who benefits greatly from the system he plays in?

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #71

    @dutch-oven said:

    Are you implying that Wentz is an average QB who benefits greatly from the system he plays in?

    m a y b e . . .

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Are you implying that Wentz is an average QB who benefits greatly from the system he plays in?

    m a y b e . . .

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #72

    @tour2ma said:

    m a y b e . . .

    Interesting... I think it's a little bit of both. Good QB in a good system.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Are you implying that Wentz is an average QB who benefits greatly from the system he plays in?

    m a y b e . . .

    T Tacosman wrote on last edited by
    #73

    @tour2ma said:

    m a y b e . . .

    we can all speculate on anything we want.  I can speculate tom brady is an average qb without BB.  All the analytical guys(Barnwell types) as well as the non-analytical types seem to feel Wentz has been very very good this year and a top 5 qb at least.  You're kind of on your own island on this. Well not kind of.  I guess there is nothing wrong with having an extremely different viewpoint, but when it also corresponds to a projection one had before actual data was in, well thats a bit suspicious.....

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #74

    I love my island...

    ... and for half a game anyway my original darkhorse is making my island looks like valuable real estate. Speculation ends as data arrives.

    PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
    Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
    N. Foles 15/23 142 3 0
     

    But it is against the NY football Giants, so... we shall see.

  • I love my island...

    ... and for half a game anyway my original darkhorse is making my island looks like valuable real estate. Speculation ends as data arrives.

    PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
    Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
    N. Foles 15/23 142 3 0
     

    But it is against the NY football Giants, so... we shall see.

    T Tacosman wrote on last edited by
    #75

    @tour2ma said:

    I love my island...

    ... and for half a game anyway my original darkhorse is making my island looks like valuable real estate. Speculation ends as data arrives.

    PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
    Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
    N. Foles 15/23 142 3 0
     

    But it is against the NY football Giants, so... we shall see.

    foles is a good back up.  I don't know what is in store for Wentzs career.  But he's been real good this year.   one of the best in the league. We know that as it already happened. 

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #76

    My biggest positive will only be Hue getting fired. Otherwise NOTHING has been positive 

  • @tour2ma said:

    I love my island...

    ... and for half a game anyway my original darkhorse is making my island looks like valuable real estate. Speculation ends as data arrives.

    PHILADELPHIA EAGLES
    Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
    N. Foles 15/23 142 3 0
     

    But it is against the NY football Giants, so... we shall see.

    foles is a good back up.  I don't know what is in store for Wentzs career.  But he's been real good this year.   one of the best in the league. We know that as it already happened. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #77

    @tacosman said:

    foles is a good back up.  I don't know what is in store for Wentzs career.  But he's been real good this year.   one of the best in the league. We know that as it already happened. 

    Point is that "a good back up" stepped in and the Eagles Offense did not miss a beat.

    Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
    N. Foles 24/38 237 4 0

    That's data point #1 with two more to come in the regular season... and at least one in the regular season.

    The argument is not whether Wentz is "good"... he is... Top 20 and everything...

    The argument is whether he is "great"... "one of the best in the league"...even "MVP-worthy".... I don't think he is. I think he's a good QB being elevated by a great team.

    How well his "good back up" does filling in is a test of my island's integrity.

  • @tacosman said:

    foles is a good back up.  I don't know what is in store for Wentzs career.  But he's been real good this year.   one of the best in the league. We know that as it already happened. 

    Point is that "a good back up" stepped in and the Eagles Offense did not miss a beat.

    Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
    N. Foles 24/38 237 4 0

    That's data point #1 with two more to come in the regular season... and at least one in the regular season.

    The argument is not whether Wentz is "good"... he is... Top 20 and everything...

    The argument is whether he is "great"... "one of the best in the league"...even "MVP-worthy".... I don't think he is. I think he's a good QB being elevated by a great team.

    How well his "good back up" does filling in is a test of my island's integrity.

    RichiswhereR Richiswhere wrote on last edited by Richiswhere
    #78

    @tour2ma said:

    Point is that "a good back up" stepped in and the Eagles Offense did not miss a beat.

    Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
    N. Foles 24/38 237 4 0

    That's data point #1 with two more to come in the regular season... and at least one in the regular season.

    The argument is not whether Wentz is "good"... he is... Top 20 and everything...

    The argument is whether he is "great"... "one of the best in the league"...even "MVP-worthy".... I don't think he is. I think he's a good QB being elevated by a great team.

    How well his "good back up" does filling in is a test of my island's integrity.

    Na  your wrong  the argument is just how bad Jeff Fisher was with quarterbacks

  • @tacosman said:

    foles is a good back up.  I don't know what is in store for Wentzs career.  But he's been real good this year.   one of the best in the league. We know that as it already happened. 

    Point is that "a good back up" stepped in and the Eagles Offense did not miss a beat.

    Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
    N. Foles 24/38 237 4 0

    That's data point #1 with two more to come in the regular season... and at least one in the regular season.

    The argument is not whether Wentz is "good"... he is... Top 20 and everything...

    The argument is whether he is "great"... "one of the best in the league"...even "MVP-worthy".... I don't think he is. I think he's a good QB being elevated by a great team.

    How well his "good back up" does filling in is a test of my island's integrity.

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #79

    @tour2ma said:

    The argument is not whether Wentz is "good"... he is... Top 20 and everything...

    The argument is whether he is "great"... "one of the best in the league"...even "MVP-worthy".... I don't think he is. I think he's a good QB being elevated by a great team.

    I believe that watching him doing stuff only Russell Wilson and Aaron freaking Rodgers do, has something to do with general perception of Wentz's level. 

  • @tour2ma said:

    The argument is not whether Wentz is "good"... he is... Top 20 and everything...

    The argument is whether he is "great"... "one of the best in the league"...even "MVP-worthy".... I don't think he is. I think he's a good QB being elevated by a great team.

    I believe that watching him doing stuff only Russell Wilson and Aaron freaking Rodgers do, has something to do with general perception of Wentz's level. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #80

    @nero said:

    I believe that watching him doing stuff only Russell Wilson and Aaron freaking Rodgers do, has something to do with general perception of Wentz's level. 

    So stay off my island... 😉

  • @tacosman said:

    foles is a good back up.  I don't know what is in store for Wentzs career.  But he's been real good this year.   one of the best in the league. We know that as it already happened. 

    Point is that "a good back up" stepped in and the Eagles Offense did not miss a beat.

    Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
    N. Foles 24/38 237 4 0

    That's data point #1 with two more to come in the regular season... and at least one in the regular season.

    The argument is not whether Wentz is "good"... he is... Top 20 and everything...

    The argument is whether he is "great"... "one of the best in the league"...even "MVP-worthy".... I don't think he is. I think he's a good QB being elevated by a great team.

    How well his "good back up" does filling in is a test of my island's integrity.

    Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #81

    @tour2ma said:

    Point is that "a good back up" stepped in and the Eagles Offense did not miss a beat.

    Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT
    N. Foles 24/38 237 4 0

    That's data point #1 with two more to come in the regular season... and at least one in the regular season.

    The argument is not whether Wentz is "good"... he is... Top 20 and everything...

    The argument is whether he is "great"... "one of the best in the league"...even "MVP-worthy".... I don't think he is. I think he's a good QB being elevated by a great team.

    How well his "good back up" does filling in is a test of my island's integrity.

    Wentz is good, but one thing that seems to fly under the radar is the Eagles have a top 5 defense.

  • D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by
    #82

    Another positive.... after acquiring their QB of the future, the 9ers have now won 4 games in a row and no longer are in the discussion for the #1 pick next year....... although some here will tell us that there is no difference in an 0-16 season and a 5-11 season, so I guess the jokes on the 9ers and their fans. 

    Whew...... would've hated to have given up that #1 slot come April. 

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #83

    Have to say, Jimmy G. looks damn good.