Apathy Setting In
-
In terms of apathy, I've already planned items for the next two weeks that are not around watching the Browns. It's the best time of the year between the holiday and where I live (south florida), and watching the Browns is low on the list at this point.
In terms of the FO, I do think I have a beat on them, to a point. I think this office from the beginning went with the dynamite method of rebuilding. It was bold, and frankly I wasn't against it. I have no doubt that if we had a guy like McCown, Hoyer, etc this team would have 1-3 wins (see SF before they traded Hoyer, the Jets now, etc). However, I think the FO said "Shmuck that" and went with the home run or strike out approach to the first two seasons.
The problem with that is that you have to start winning eventually. If they don't eek out a 2-3 win season (unlikely), there's only so much rope to have slack before it has to be cut. Haslam looks like a laughing stock.
All you say is true, but again, should for whatever reasons the team again becomes a winner, all this apathy will be long forgotten. We really wish we could punish the organization, beat the schidt out of them, embarrass them publicly, but at the end of the day, we are all like whores. If the team starts winning, we will return, as we always do.
All you say is true, but again, should for whatever reasons the team again becomes a winner, all this apathy will be long forgotten. We really wish we could punish the organization, beat the schidt out of them, embarrass them publicly, but at the end of the day, we are all like whores. If the team starts winning, we will return, as we always do.
Speak for yourself.
Go Browns! -
-
I think the core of the problem is no one truly knows what the hell this FO is doing. They never explained this process, just talked about it vaguely. Like oh, we'll be good in 2018 and really good in 2019. Sashi's flaw to his core is his overconfidence. He gives off this vibe that he always thinks he's the one who's right no matter what. Sashi, Hue, and even Jimmy don't seem to care that we've won one game in two seasons. They've also done nothing for arguably one of the best fan bases in the world. Sashi and Depo think they're smarter than all of the other NFL Execs by doing things such as trading down and selecting Corey Coleman, Trading down and selecting Peppers and Njoku, and gathering pick after pick. Well, times almost up. Everyone said we were supposed to be competitive next year, but if we bring in a rookie QB, even at #1, how is it possible we even win six games? Us fans, will have to go through the worst record in a 3 year span in football history, and why? Because a few Harvard guys have some secret plan they don't want to talk about that consists of our owner spending one of the bottom tier amounts of money on his salary cap for multiple years.
And for those of you who defend to the core the slightest criticism or analysis of what this current browns organization has done, how are you so sure we'll make such a splash in free agency next year? How are you sure Jimmy, who spends the least on his team for the past few years will drop big money to bring in playmakers? And how are we sure those FA playmakers will want to come here, and that the youngsters we have aren't counting down the days till their rookie contracts are up so they can actually play for a team that wins. None of you are sure, and all of you are guessing about the plan.
Depo and Sashi have changed the Browns from a low-tier NFL team into an NFL farm team full of youngsters to train them to someday be competitive in the NFL. When the Philadelphia 76ers had the high picks, they took Ben Simmons and Joel Embid. They didn't trade down and pick a bunch of mid tier players. The problem I think is that Sashi and Depo were afraid to take a QB high, because if they did and he failed, they'd be fired. That's why we didn't get Watson or Wentz. I'll admit I wasn't excited when I learned a lawyer would be leading this front office, but I was optimistic. At our current record, defending everything they do to a T is insanity.
My dad, lifelong Browns fan no longer turns them on during Sundays. I for one, am not going to put up with 1 win in two years, or 2 or 3 wins next year. Even F#$%ing Tim Tebow said it. "If you pick in the top tier year and year and trade down, you'll never create a winning team").
Sashi and Depo aren't the smartest guys in the world. What have they proven in football? Blind faith is silly, and Sashi should be demoted immediately and someone with football brains instead of a law degree should pick the damn talent.
The worst record in 3 year history, and a chance at winning 3-6 games next year, and (maybe .500) in 2019 and some of you are still viciously defending it.
It's like some of you are battered women, and you keep coming back to that Ex who cheated on you and was a b@$%^, it's just that Ex is named Jimmy Haslam.
This is all speculation, including thinking Sashi & Depo believing they're "smarter" than anybody else. You're just searching for an explanation for what you perceive is a FO that hasnt done ANYTHING positive for this team & their future.
I'll never defend EVERYTHING they've done, but I also see positives that others seem to ignore. E.g, drafting Garrett (BPA) #1; recognizing winning STARTS in the trenches and building solid lines; developing our young talent.
I will say this... we've been very poor addressing the QB situation, and Hue has proven he is not as good as was advertised. Also, we cant expect another class of rookies to significantly improve our W-L record w/o adding SOME vet leadership on the field and in the locker room.
With regard to apathy... I've been there for 4-5 years which is why I'd rather stick to some sort of continuity bc it is hard to get myself engaged as a fan when every 2 years is a new " rebuild" that I know will not turn this team around any faster than if we just stay the course, at least in the FO.
I guess I also EXPECTED us to suck pretty bad for these first 2 years...
I'll never defend EVERYTHING they've done, but I also see positives that others seem to ignore. E.g, drafting Garrett (BPA) #1; recognizing winning STARTS in the trenches and building solid lines; developing our young talent.
I will say this... we've been very poor addressing the QB situation, and Hue has proven he is not as good as was advertised. Also, we cant expect another class of rookies to significantly improve our W-L record w/o adding SOME vet leadership on the field and in the locker room.
With regard to apathy... I've been there for 4-5 years which is why I'd rather stick to some sort of continuity bc it is hard to get myself engaged as a fan when every 2 years is a new " rebuild" that I know will not turn this team around any faster than if we just stay the course, at least in the FO.
I guess I also EXPECTED us to suck pretty bad for these first 2 years...
I have a hard time giving the FO a positive for drafting Garrett....my mother in law who hasn't watched an entire football in her life would've picked Garrett that pick wasn't exactly rocket science. The class of rookies and FA that we added still have this team at zero wins. The team isn't any better than it was last year. Some pieces are better but as a whole it's worse than last year.
Sucking pretty bad is one thing. I didn't expect playoffs or anything, but I expected something better than 0-11 and there isn't a win in sight. Anyone who thinks we are going to beat the LA Chargers of Carson this weekend is crazy. This isn't the same Chargers team we squeaked by last season. That team had packed it in, the season was over and still probably should've won that game. This years team is in the hunt for a division title and playoffs. Rivers might throw for 500 yards on this defense this week.
-
I'll never defend EVERYTHING they've done, but I also see positives that others seem to ignore. E.g, drafting Garrett (BPA) #1; recognizing winning STARTS in the trenches and building solid lines; developing our young talent.
I will say this... we've been very poor addressing the QB situation, and Hue has proven he is not as good as was advertised. Also, we cant expect another class of rookies to significantly improve our W-L record w/o adding SOME vet leadership on the field and in the locker room.
With regard to apathy... I've been there for 4-5 years which is why I'd rather stick to some sort of continuity bc it is hard to get myself engaged as a fan when every 2 years is a new " rebuild" that I know will not turn this team around any faster than if we just stay the course, at least in the FO.
I guess I also EXPECTED us to suck pretty bad for these first 2 years...
I have a hard time giving the FO a positive for drafting Garrett....my mother in law who hasn't watched an entire football in her life would've picked Garrett that pick wasn't exactly rocket science. The class of rookies and FA that we added still have this team at zero wins. The team isn't any better than it was last year. Some pieces are better but as a whole it's worse than last year.
Sucking pretty bad is one thing. I didn't expect playoffs or anything, but I expected something better than 0-11 and there isn't a win in sight. Anyone who thinks we are going to beat the LA Chargers of Carson this weekend is crazy. This isn't the same Chargers team we squeaked by last season. That team had packed it in, the season was over and still probably should've won that game. This years team is in the hunt for a division title and playoffs. Rivers might throw for 500 yards on this defense this week.
-
Well guys, the more I think about it, the more I’m completely on the side of “keeping everyone together” on the coaching staff. If people want to talk about sending Sashi back to his formal role, that’s fine. We can bring in a new GM or whatever, but I want our coaches and our systems to remain the same. I don’t care if we DO go 0-16 this year, we know without a doubt that changing things up every year or two doesn’t work, and will never work. We need to bring in an OC, or promote one from within, and we need to leave our coaches ALONE. I’m not thrilled with our special teams in terms of FG’s and our return game, but other than that blocked punt against the Steelers, we’ve been ok.
Our biggest issues on offense is our red zone failures and our lack of talent. We’re starting to address our talent via the draft, and we’ll add some more players this year. Coleman and Gordon are back. I think we’ll draft an impact RB early, and I believe we’ll bring in a WR (Allen Robinson??). Our OL will be decent to strong, and if we can fix our red zone deficiencies, all of the sudden this COULD become an offense that can score enough to win. Am I sold on Kizer? Absolutely not. Is he trending UPWARDS? I believe so. Three out of Kizer’s last four games have been some of his best so far, and the one sore spot was against Jacksonville…who made a lot of QB’s look bad. Look at Kizer’s first game against Cincy, and then look at Sunday’s game. Kizer SHOULD’VE been 20-31 with 320 yards and 1 passing TD and one rushing TD for a rating of about 110. Obviously drops happen, but the drops made by Coleman and Ricardo were just ridiculous.
We have assets, draft picks, and young players that COULD make “the leap”. If we bring in a new coach and new defensive coordinator, we’re “starting over”. Our young players aren’t going to BUILD on what they’ve learned, they are basically going to start learning all over. Keep everyone, add an OC, and let’s see if we can’t nail these draft picks. Let’s make that big WR move in FA. Let’s NOT give up touchdowns 80% of the time in the red zone. What we DON’T want to do is blow it all up. We take a QB number one in case Kizer doesn’t improve. We sign a veteran QB in case they both suck or we have injuries. We add to the secondary and stay the course. All I know is, when I look back at Jared Goff last year, the guy was seriously overwhelmed. Yeah, I know he got a new coach, but it was more than just that. Do I expect Kizer to make that same kind of jump? Not really, and that’s why we still draft a QB at #1 and sign a veteran (goodbye Cody and Kevin). Keep adding more talent, stop blowing it all up.
-
Yup... no denying that's what most folks think.
Thank, God I am not one of you.
Because your feelings are not trustworthy?
No way is it a matter of not caring. It's accepted because they understand that what they are putting on the field is very hard to love. They know that only winning will bring back the fans... that only winning will bring back the love.
But they also believe, as a few of us here do, that they are on the right path... even though it is more painful journey than they anticipated. They are the ones starting to formulate our Big Board. They are the ones with one eye down the road. And they are dedicated to not just bringing back the love in the near term, but sustaining it for the long haul.
But I don't want to wait until my grandkids are 20!
But I don't want to wait until my grandkids are 20!
They aren't already?
I swear, you can't question anything he does without a shitload of kickback from the sunshine pumpers.
Then turn around... we'll kick you in the balls for a while...
I have to admit I suffer frI'm it to say me degree.
well... stlay away frl'm I... dlon't want me catch to that.
Suck It Up Buttercups..only 2 years in..most posted 3 to 4.Sure we need some key pieces. But, Were not quitin on this Sunday neither..(rigged in video.may need to refresh once.no.i don't know why
Bless you... you found the clip I was looking for last week.
-
Well guys, the more I think about it, the more I’m completely on the side of “keeping everyone together” on the coaching staff. If people want to talk about sending Sashi back to his formal role, that’s fine. We can bring in a new GM or whatever, but I want our coaches and our systems to remain the same. I don’t care if we DO go 0-16 this year, we know without a doubt that changing things up every year or two doesn’t work, and will never work. We need to bring in an OC, or promote one from within, and we need to leave our coaches ALONE. I’m not thrilled with our special teams in terms of FG’s and our return game, but other than that blocked punt against the Steelers, we’ve been ok.
Our biggest issues on offense is our red zone failures and our lack of talent. We’re starting to address our talent via the draft, and we’ll add some more players this year. Coleman and Gordon are back. I think we’ll draft an impact RB early, and I believe we’ll bring in a WR (Allen Robinson??). Our OL will be decent to strong, and if we can fix our red zone deficiencies, all of the sudden this COULD become an offense that can score enough to win. Am I sold on Kizer? Absolutely not. Is he trending UPWARDS? I believe so. Three out of Kizer’s last four games have been some of his best so far, and the one sore spot was against Jacksonville…who made a lot of QB’s look bad. Look at Kizer’s first game against Cincy, and then look at Sunday’s game. Kizer SHOULD’VE been 20-31 with 320 yards and 1 passing TD and one rushing TD for a rating of about 110. Obviously drops happen, but the drops made by Coleman and Ricardo were just ridiculous.
We have assets, draft picks, and young players that COULD make “the leap”. If we bring in a new coach and new defensive coordinator, we’re “starting over”. Our young players aren’t going to BUILD on what they’ve learned, they are basically going to start learning all over. Keep everyone, add an OC, and let’s see if we can’t nail these draft picks. Let’s make that big WR move in FA. Let’s NOT give up touchdowns 80% of the time in the red zone. What we DON’T want to do is blow it all up. We take a QB number one in case Kizer doesn’t improve. We sign a veteran QB in case they both suck or we have injuries. We add to the secondary and stay the course. All I know is, when I look back at Jared Goff last year, the guy was seriously overwhelmed. Yeah, I know he got a new coach, but it was more than just that. Do I expect Kizer to make that same kind of jump? Not really, and that’s why we still draft a QB at #1 and sign a veteran (goodbye Cody and Kevin). Keep adding more talent, stop blowing it all up.
If people want to talk about sending Sashi back to his formal role, that’s fine. We can bring in a new GM or whatever, but I want our coaches and our systems to remain the same.
If we were ever on the same page, that just ended.
I'm also for keeping the Hue and Gregg, but if someone has to go, then the priority has to be to keep the FO structure in place.
-
I watch every game and hope for the best. Tailgating Dec 10th vs the Pack. Hopelessly addicted. I won't go to the Ratbirds game, never, ever will (thanks Art & Tagliabue).
This is indeed sad. 4-44 the last 48 games.
I'm not going to judge how a fan is supposed to act during a crisis like this. I do worry that the younger fans have nothing to cling too, just stories from us old-timers about the old stadium and the crazy atmosphere, some gold-old AFC Central battles, and AAFC/NFL glory.
My dad bought me a book for Christmas called "Cleveland Browns" by Jack Clary. In it, the last pages, had NFL stats. At time of publish (1972), the Browns had the best winning percentage in NFL history. 45 years later, well......
-
I watch every game and hope for the best. Tailgating Dec 10th vs the Pack. Hopelessly addicted. I won't go to the Ratbirds game, never, ever will (thanks Art & Tagliabue).
This is indeed sad. 4-44 the last 48 games.
I'm not going to judge how a fan is supposed to act during a crisis like this. I do worry that the younger fans have nothing to cling too, just stories from us old-timers about the old stadium and the crazy atmosphere, some gold-old AFC Central battles, and AAFC/NFL glory.
My dad bought me a book for Christmas called "Cleveland Browns" by Jack Clary. In it, the last pages, had NFL stats. At time of publish (1972), the Browns had the best winning percentage in NFL history. 45 years later, well......
I watch every game and hope for the best. Tailgating Dec 10th vs the Pack. Hopelessly addicted. I won't go to the Ratbirds game, never, ever will (thanks Art & Tagliabue).
This is indeed sad. 4-44 the last 48 games.
I'm not going to judge how a fan is supposed to act during a crisis like this. I do worry that the younger fans have nothing to cling too, just stories from us old-timers about the old stadium and the crazy atmosphere, some gold-old AFC Central battles, and AAFC/NFL glory.
My dad bought me a book for Christmas called "Cleveland Browns" by Jack Clary. In it, the last pages, had NFL stats. At time of publish (1972), the Browns had the best winning percentage in NFL history. 45 years later, well......
Trust me, as a guy fixing to turn 28 (and many friends who are in the same boat), this statement cannot be more true. Since I've been alive and old enough to watch football the Browns have had 2 good seasons, and one 1 playoff appearance (when I just turned 14). Seriously, think on that for a second. You older guys can at least rest on the laurels of the 80s. I get they didn't win the whole thing, but damn they were at least worth watching.
The sentiment is nearly the same. I'll never stop being a Browns fan, but I'm sure as Sheet not spending my time/money to go to Cleveland to watch them play. I'm sure as Sheet not spending my dollars on jerseys that probably wont mean anything in 3 years. And I'm sure as Sheet this time of year not going to ruin my Sundays for a terrible football team. Why would anyone?
-
I watch every game and hope for the best. Tailgating Dec 10th vs the Pack. Hopelessly addicted. I won't go to the Ratbirds game, never, ever will (thanks Art & Tagliabue).
This is indeed sad. 4-44 the last 48 games.
I'm not going to judge how a fan is supposed to act during a crisis like this. I do worry that the younger fans have nothing to cling too, just stories from us old-timers about the old stadium and the crazy atmosphere, some gold-old AFC Central battles, and AAFC/NFL glory.
My dad bought me a book for Christmas called "Cleveland Browns" by Jack Clary. In it, the last pages, had NFL stats. At time of publish (1972), the Browns had the best winning percentage in NFL history. 45 years later, well......
Trust me, as a guy fixing to turn 28 (and many friends who are in the same boat), this statement cannot be more true. Since I've been alive and old enough to watch football the Browns have had 2 good seasons, and one 1 playoff appearance (when I just turned 14). Seriously, think on that for a second. You older guys can at least rest on the laurels of the 80s. I get they didn't win the whole thing, but damn they were at least worth watching.
The sentiment is nearly the same. I'll never stop being a Browns fan, but I'm sure as Sheet not spending my time/money to go to Cleveland to watch them play. I'm sure as Sheet not spending my dollars on jerseys that probably wont mean anything in 3 years. And I'm sure as Sheet this time of year not going to ruin my Sundays for a terrible football team. Why would anyone?
Trust me, as a guy fixing to turn 28 (and many friends who are in the same boat), this statement cannot be more true. Since I've been alive and old enough to watch football the Browns have had 2 good seasons, and one 1 playoff appearance (when I just turned 14). Seriously, think on that for a second. You older guys can at least rest on the laurels of the 80s. I get they didn't win the whole thing, but damn they were at least worth watching.
For some of us...it is the laurels of the 60s that we recall. Moi included. (but I am not so old as to remember the laurels of the 50s)
The sentiment is nearly the same. I'll never stop being a Browns fan, but I'm sure as Sheet not spending my time/money to go to Cleveland to watch them play. I'm sure as Sheet not spending my dollars on jerseys that probably wont mean anything in 3 years. And I'm sure as Sheet this time of year not going to ruin my Sundays for a terrible football team. Why would anyone?
-
I watch every game and hope for the best. Tailgating Dec 10th vs the Pack. Hopelessly addicted. I won't go to the Ratbirds game, never, ever will (thanks Art & Tagliabue).
This is indeed sad. 4-44 the last 48 games.
I'm not going to judge how a fan is supposed to act during a crisis like this. I do worry that the younger fans have nothing to cling too, just stories from us old-timers about the old stadium and the crazy atmosphere, some gold-old AFC Central battles, and AAFC/NFL glory.
My dad bought me a book for Christmas called "Cleveland Browns" by Jack Clary. In it, the last pages, had NFL stats. At time of publish (1972), the Browns had the best winning percentage in NFL history. 45 years later, well......
Trust me, as a guy fixing to turn 28 (and many friends who are in the same boat), this statement cannot be more true. Since I've been alive and old enough to watch football the Browns have had 2 good seasons, and one 1 playoff appearance (when I just turned 14). Seriously, think on that for a second. You older guys can at least rest on the laurels of the 80s. I get they didn't win the whole thing, but damn they were at least worth watching.
The sentiment is nearly the same. I'll never stop being a Browns fan, but I'm sure as Sheet not spending my time/money to go to Cleveland to watch them play. I'm sure as Sheet not spending my dollars on jerseys that probably wont mean anything in 3 years. And I'm sure as Sheet this time of year not going to ruin my Sundays for a terrible football team. Why would anyone?
Trust me, as a guy fixing to turn 28 (and many friends who are in the same boat), this statement cannot be more true. Since I've been alive and old enough to watch football the Browns have had 2 good seasons, and one 1 playoff appearance (when I just turned 14). Seriously, think on that for a second. You older guys can at least rest on the laurels of the 80s. I get they didn't win the whole thing, but damn they were at least worth watching.
The sentiment is nearly the same. I'll never stop being a Browns fan, but I'm sure as Sheet not spending my time/money to go to Cleveland to watch them play. I'm sure as Sheet not spending my dollars on jerseys that probably wont mean anything in 3 years. And I'm sure as Sheet this time of year not going to ruin my Sundays for a terrible football team. Why would anyone?
Being the same age as you and in the same situation, I feel the same way.
-
I gave Hue a lot of credit at the beginning of the season when he made Hogan the backup, the cat deserved it. He made a good call. But then again, he let the FO take Haden, he let them not resign Pryor. He cut the other Pryor, who is probably better than Peppers because he didn't back down and submit to his bitch butt. He's constantly saying nothing is given, but he's GIVEN the Kitanic an entire season worth of starts which was undeserved. He's constantly saying he won't make excuses, but makes them every interview, ie. we aren't built to take 2 shots into the endzone with 30 seconds on the clock! He says we aren't good enough to overcome mistakes and so on and so forth! That is the exact reason that we cannot- Because of Hue and his demeanor. He's a loser and we're gonna be losers until the day he's kicked into the lake. Good riddance, I won't lose any sleep, I know that much.
-
I gave Hue a lot of credit at the beginning of the season when he made Hogan the backup, the cat deserved it. He made a good call. But then again, he let the FO take Haden, he let them not resign Pryor. He cut the other Pryor, who is probably better than Peppers because he didn't back down and submit to his bitch butt. He's constantly saying nothing is given, but he's GIVEN the Kitanic an entire season worth of starts which was undeserved. He's constantly saying he won't make excuses, but makes them every interview, ie. we aren't built to take 2 shots into the endzone with 30 seconds on the clock! He says we aren't good enough to overcome mistakes and so on and so forth! That is the exact reason that we cannot- Because of Hue and his demeanor. He's a loser and we're gonna be losers until the day he's kicked into the lake. Good riddance, I won't lose any sleep, I know that much.
But then again, he let the FO take Haden, he let them not resign Pryor.
Haden was an injury prone liability in the secondary. Not worth the money they were paying him and McCourty (a great FA signing) has been better than Haden has been in years. Releasing him was the right move. Pryor wanted WAY too much money for what he was. And look how he's turned out for the Redskins....he hasn't done shit all season. Another good move by the front office. They offered Pryor a fair deal and he didn't want it. Good riddance to him. He ain't gonna sniff that money this offseason the Browns offered him last offseason.
You're bitching about two of the better moves the front office made.
-
Took two posts, but had to know Hogan was going to be in the mix at some point...

Hue must seriously hate Hogan....unofficial depth chart is out and Hogan is still QB3 behind Cody "deer in the headlights" Kessler.
Either that or Hogan must seriously suck donkey balls in practice because anyone watching Kessler can see that the hits the kid took last year clearly took a toll on the boy. He was tough and gritty and spunky and all the other things we've loved about the other below average QB's we've had over the years (Frye, Dorsey, McCoy, etc, etc) but man....he looks scared to death when he's in the game this year.
-
Well guys, the more I think about it, the more I’m completely on the side of “keeping everyone together” on the coaching staff. If people want to talk about sending Sashi back to his formal role, that’s fine. We can bring in a new GM or whatever, but I want our coaches and our systems to remain the same. I don’t care if we DO go 0-16 this year, we know without a doubt that changing things up every year or two doesn’t work, and will never work. We need to bring in an OC, or promote one from within, and we need to leave our coaches ALONE. I’m not thrilled with our special teams in terms of FG’s and our return game, but other than that blocked punt against the Steelers, we’ve been ok.
Our biggest issues on offense is our red zone failures and our lack of talent. We’re starting to address our talent via the draft, and we’ll add some more players this year. Coleman and Gordon are back. I think we’ll draft an impact RB early, and I believe we’ll bring in a WR (Allen Robinson??). Our OL will be decent to strong, and if we can fix our red zone deficiencies, all of the sudden this COULD become an offense that can score enough to win. Am I sold on Kizer? Absolutely not. Is he trending UPWARDS? I believe so. Three out of Kizer’s last four games have been some of his best so far, and the one sore spot was against Jacksonville…who made a lot of QB’s look bad. Look at Kizer’s first game against Cincy, and then look at Sunday’s game. Kizer SHOULD’VE been 20-31 with 320 yards and 1 passing TD and one rushing TD for a rating of about 110. Obviously drops happen, but the drops made by Coleman and Ricardo were just ridiculous.
We have assets, draft picks, and young players that COULD make “the leap”. If we bring in a new coach and new defensive coordinator, we’re “starting over”. Our young players aren’t going to BUILD on what they’ve learned, they are basically going to start learning all over. Keep everyone, add an OC, and let’s see if we can’t nail these draft picks. Let’s make that big WR move in FA. Let’s NOT give up touchdowns 80% of the time in the red zone. What we DON’T want to do is blow it all up. We take a QB number one in case Kizer doesn’t improve. We sign a veteran QB in case they both suck or we have injuries. We add to the secondary and stay the course. All I know is, when I look back at Jared Goff last year, the guy was seriously overwhelmed. Yeah, I know he got a new coach, but it was more than just that. Do I expect Kizer to make that same kind of jump? Not really, and that’s why we still draft a QB at #1 and sign a veteran (goodbye Cody and Kevin). Keep adding more talent, stop blowing it all up.
Well guys, the more I think about it, the more I’m completely on the side of “keeping everyone together” on the coaching staff. If people want to talk about sending Sashi back to his formal role, that’s fine. We can bring in a new GM or whatever, but I want our coaches and our systems to remain the same. I don’t care if we DO go 0-16 this year, we know without a doubt that changing things up every year or two doesn’t work, and will never work. We need to bring in an OC, or promote one from within, and we need to leave our coaches ALONE. I’m not thrilled with our special teams in terms of FG’s and our return game, but other than that blocked punt against the Steelers, we’ve been ok.
Our biggest issues on offense is our red zone failures and our lack of talent. We’re starting to address our talent via the draft, and we’ll add some more players this year. Coleman and Gordon are back. I think we’ll draft an impact RB early, and I believe we’ll bring in a WR (Allen Robinson??). Our OL will be decent to strong, and if we can fix our red zone deficiencies, all of the sudden this COULD become an offense that can score enough to win. Am I sold on Kizer? Absolutely not. Is he trending UPWARDS? I believe so. Three out of Kizer’s last four games have been some of his best so far, and the one sore spot was against Jacksonville…who made a lot of QB’s look bad. Look at Kizer’s first game against Cincy, and then look at Sunday’s game. Kizer SHOULD’VE been 20-31 with 320 yards and 1 passing TD and one rushing TD for a rating of about 110. Obviously drops happen, but the drops made by Coleman and Ricardo were just ridiculous.
We have assets, draft picks, and young players that COULD make “the leap”. If we bring in a new coach and new defensive coordinator, we’re “starting over”. Our young players aren’t going to BUILD on what they’ve learned, they are basically going to start learning all over. Keep everyone, add an OC, and let’s see if we can’t nail these draft picks. Let’s make that big WR move in FA. Let’s NOT give up touchdowns 80% of the time in the red zone. What we DON’T want to do is blow it all up. We take a QB number one in case Kizer doesn’t improve. We sign a veteran QB in case they both suck or we have injuries. We add to the secondary and stay the course. All I know is, when I look back at Jared Goff last year, the guy was seriously overwhelmed. Yeah, I know he got a new coach, but it was more than just that. Do I expect Kizer to make that same kind of jump? Not really, and that’s why we still draft a QB at #1 and sign a veteran (goodbye Cody and Kevin). Keep adding more talent, stop blowing it all up.
I can see the FO has a plan that is slowwlllyyyy developing.
I see nothing from Hue that makes me think he's ever going to be a good coach.
New systems CAN be a good thing... Id love to keep Williams but not at the risk of having to keep Hue
-
I gave Hue a lot of credit at the beginning of the season when he made Hogan the backup, the cat deserved it. He made a good call. But then again, he let the FO take Haden, he let them not resign Pryor. He cut the other Pryor, who is probably better than Peppers because he didn't back down and submit to his bitch butt. He's constantly saying nothing is given, but he's GIVEN the Kitanic an entire season worth of starts which was undeserved. He's constantly saying he won't make excuses, but makes them every interview, ie. we aren't built to take 2 shots into the endzone with 30 seconds on the clock! He says we aren't good enough to overcome mistakes and so on and so forth! That is the exact reason that we cannot- Because of Hue and his demeanor. He's a loser and we're gonna be losers until the day he's kicked into the lake. Good riddance, I won't lose any sleep, I know that much.
I gave Hue a lot of credit at the beginning of the season when he made Hogan the backup, the cat deserved it. He made a good call. But then again, he let the FO take Haden, he let them not resign Pryor. He cut the other Pryor, who is probably better than Peppers because he didn't back down and submit to his bitch butt. He's constantly saying nothing is given, but he's GIVEN the Kitanic an entire season worth of starts which was undeserved. He's constantly saying he won't make excuses, but makes them every interview, ie. we aren't built to take 2 shots into the endzone with 30 seconds on the clock! He says we aren't good enough to overcome mistakes and so on and so forth! That is the exact reason that we cannot- Because of Hue and his demeanor. He's a loser and we're gonna be losers until the day he's kicked into the lake. Good riddance, I won't lose any sleep, I know that much.
I wanted black uncle fester fired after 1 quarter of the first 2016 preseason game. I was dead on.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/f1dd4267-a5b8-45cf-b7da-d9938e05c993
-
Took two posts, but had to know Hogan was going to be in the mix at some point...

Hue must seriously hate Hogan....unofficial depth chart is out and Hogan is still QB3 behind Cody "deer in the headlights" Kessler.
Either that or Hogan must seriously suck donkey balls in practice because anyone watching Kessler can see that the hits the kid took last year clearly took a toll on the boy. He was tough and gritty and spunky and all the other things we've loved about the other below average QB's we've had over the years (Frye, Dorsey, McCoy, etc, etc) but man....he looks scared to death when he's in the game this year.
Hue must seriously hate Hogan....unofficial depth chart is out and Hogan is still QB3 behind Cody "deer in the headlights" Kessler.
Either that or Hogan must seriously suck donkey balls in practice because anyone watching Kessler can see that the hits the kid took last year clearly took a toll on the boy. He was tough and gritty and spunky and all the other things we've loved about the other below average QB's we've had over the years (Frye, Dorsey, McCoy, etc, etc) but man....he looks scared to death when he's in the game this year.
Yeah, when Kessler had to come in when Kizer hurt his ribs- he actually make Deshone look good by comparison.
Plus teams have tape on Cody now, they know he's not mobile, and they blitz the hell out of us whenever he's in the game.
-
Hue must seriously hate Hogan....unofficial depth chart is out and Hogan is still QB3 behind Cody "deer in the headlights" Kessler.
Either that or Hogan must seriously suck donkey balls in practice because anyone watching Kessler can see that the hits the kid took last year clearly took a toll on the boy. He was tough and gritty and spunky and all the other things we've loved about the other below average QB's we've had over the years (Frye, Dorsey, McCoy, etc, etc) but man....he looks scared to death when he's in the game this year.
Yeah, when Kessler had to come in when Kizer hurt his ribs- he actually make Deshone look good by comparison.
Plus teams have tape on Cody now, they know he's not mobile, and they blitz the hell out of us whenever he's in the game.
Yeah, when Kessler had to come in when Kizer hurt his ribs- he actually make Deshone look good by comparison.
Plus teams have tape on Cody now, they know he's not mobile, and they blitz the hell out of us whenever he's in the game.
So why is Hogan 3rd string is what I want to know. I think Kessler goes and Hogan stays next year, they just want to be sure Kessler is done. Hogan came in the game and put points on the board... enough points that Kizer was edged out of the start. But know- nothing.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
