Apathy Setting In
-
So why is Hogan 3rd string is what I want to know. I think Kessler goes and Hogan stays next year, they just want to be sure Kessler is done. Hogan came in the game and put points on the board... enough points that Kizer was edged out of the start. But know- nothing.
Hogan wasn't picked by this FO. It seems that automatically makes him expendable.
Hogan wasn't picked by this FO. It seems that automatically makes him expendable.
Unfortunately. Anyway I wonder why he's been inactive the last couple games?
WSS
-
Hogan wasn't picked by this FO. It seems that automatically makes him expendable.
Unfortunately. Anyway I wonder why he's been inactive the last couple games?
WSS
Unfortunately. Anyway I wonder why he's been inactive the last couple games?
WSS
See above...lol
-
Unfortunately. Anyway I wonder why he's been inactive the last couple games?
WSS
See above...lol
See above...lol
Maybe I missed it but I didn't see anything that gave a solid reason for making the guy inactive? I'm guessing that's the coach's decision not the front office right? If Jackson promoted him to second string and started him just as an FU to Sashi Brown...
WSS
-
Well guys, the more I think about it, the more I’m completely on the side of “keeping everyone together” on the coaching staff. If people want to talk about sending Sashi back to his formal role, that’s fine. We can bring in a new GM or whatever, but I want our coaches and our systems to remain the same. I don’t care if we DO go 0-16 this year, we know without a doubt that changing things up every year or two doesn’t work, and will never work. We need to bring in an OC, or promote one from within, and we need to leave our coaches ALONE. I’m not thrilled with our special teams in terms of FG’s and our return game, but other than that blocked punt against the Steelers, we’ve been ok.
Our biggest issues on offense is our red zone failures and our lack of talent. We’re starting to address our talent via the draft, and we’ll add some more players this year. Coleman and Gordon are back. I think we’ll draft an impact RB early, and I believe we’ll bring in a WR (Allen Robinson??). Our OL will be decent to strong, and if we can fix our red zone deficiencies, all of the sudden this COULD become an offense that can score enough to win. Am I sold on Kizer? Absolutely not. Is he trending UPWARDS? I believe so. Three out of Kizer’s last four games have been some of his best so far, and the one sore spot was against Jacksonville…who made a lot of QB’s look bad. Look at Kizer’s first game against Cincy, and then look at Sunday’s game. Kizer SHOULD’VE been 20-31 with 320 yards and 1 passing TD and one rushing TD for a rating of about 110. Obviously drops happen, but the drops made by Coleman and Ricardo were just ridiculous.
We have assets, draft picks, and young players that COULD make “the leap”. If we bring in a new coach and new defensive coordinator, we’re “starting over”. Our young players aren’t going to BUILD on what they’ve learned, they are basically going to start learning all over. Keep everyone, add an OC, and let’s see if we can’t nail these draft picks. Let’s make that big WR move in FA. Let’s NOT give up touchdowns 80% of the time in the red zone. What we DON’T want to do is blow it all up. We take a QB number one in case Kizer doesn’t improve. We sign a veteran QB in case they both suck or we have injuries. We add to the secondary and stay the course. All I know is, when I look back at Jared Goff last year, the guy was seriously overwhelmed. Yeah, I know he got a new coach, but it was more than just that. Do I expect Kizer to make that same kind of jump? Not really, and that’s why we still draft a QB at #1 and sign a veteran (goodbye Cody and Kevin). Keep adding more talent, stop blowing it all up.
I can see the FO has a plan that is slowwlllyyyy developing.
I see nothing from Hue that makes me think he's ever going to be a good coach.
New systems CAN be a good thing... Id love to keep Williams but not at the risk of having to keep Hue
I can see the FO has a plan that is slowwlllyyyy developing.
I see nothing from Hue that makes me think he's ever going to be a good coach.
New systems CAN be a good thing... Id love to keep Williams but not at the risk of having to keep Hue
I totally see what you're saying. Look at Jared Goff for example. Was his success a matter of development, or was it due to a new system? Maybe both? I guess my point is that I'm starting to see how we could be competitive, and right now our biggest challenge is scoring in the red zone and stopping teams in the red zone. People are giving our defense a tough time right now, and rightfully so, but losing Ogbah and Collins has REALLY hurt us....ESPECIALLY Ogbah who turned into a premier run stuffing end. You notice that virtually every run went opposite of Garrett last week? They tried Garrett once early and he devoured the RB. After that, they pretty much stuck to Nassib's side or off-tackle.
Kizer's last 3 of 4 games were some of his best. Admittedly that's a low bar, but if he continues to trend upward, I don't want to break up any momentum by bringing in a new offensive head coach who will have his own system, new language, and lord knows what else to learn. That's an excellent way to screw up a QB and we've seen it countless times before, right?
Now, it doesn't get easier for Kizer Sunday. Ingram and Bosa are going to make his life miserable, and I believe the Bolts are 2nd in the league in sacks. They don't quite have the "whole package" defense like Jacksonville, but they're pretty darn close. Point is, let's not be too quick to judge Kizer this game because the Bolts' defense has made several experienced qb's look bad or average. A better test of Kizer's development will be next week against Green Bay. Regardless, I don't expect Kizer to have a repeat of the Jags game. We obviously get Gordon back, the Chargers don't stop the run well, and Rivers WILL give us chances at interceptions. It's a little nerve-racking because Rivers probably had the best game of his LIFE last week, but hopefully we can get him off rhythm.
It's hard not to look at our upcoming draft picks and be awe-struck. I just don't want the same front office MAKING those picks. Before the 2017 draft, many fans said it was our most important draft since 99. I'm ok with most of the picks EXCEPT for Peppers. I wondered where he'd play then, and I still wonder now. He has ZERO impact stats both in defense and special teams. Our front office didn't even sign a free safety to our effing roster who had ANY NFL experience!
Keep the coaches. Keep the systems. Build up the talent pool and depth. Find players who can make plays in the RED ZONE. Use those first rounders and THREE 2nd rounders to bring in speed and power. I mean, we can possibly add FIVE new freaking starters this draft. Free Safety, WR, RB, OL, and possibly QB (I say we take Rosen #1 even IF Kizer continues to improve). When you factor in those draft picks with aggressive, smart free agency...we could jump from winless all the way to competitive VERY quickly.
-
See above...lol
Maybe I missed it but I didn't see anything that gave a solid reason for making the guy inactive? I'm guessing that's the coach's decision not the front office right? If Jackson promoted him to second string and started him just as an FU to Sashi Brown...
WSS
Maybe I missed it but I didn't see anything that gave a solid reason for making the guy inactive? I'm guessing that's the coach's decision not the front office right? If Jackson promoted him to second string and started him just as an FU to Sashi Brown...
WSS
Just a FO decision. If it's the HC, like it should be, or the GM Stosh, or the GM pudpuller or the GM ferry... But they all do answer directly to Jimmah....so it would be on him ultimately. What a friggin mess
-
Maybe I missed it but I didn't see anything that gave a solid reason for making the guy inactive? I'm guessing that's the coach's decision not the front office right? If Jackson promoted him to second string and started him just as an FU to Sashi Brown...
WSS
Just a FO decision. If it's the HC, like it should be, or the GM Stosh, or the GM pudpuller or the GM ferry... But they all do answer directly to Jimmah....so it would be on him ultimately. What a friggin mess
Just a FO decision. If it's the HC, like it should be, or the GM Stosh, or the GM pudpuller or the GM ferry... But they all do answer directly to Jimmah....so it would be on him ultimately. What a friggin mess
Then I hate the front office more than I did before.
And it doesn't really matter if Hogan is worse than Kessler just the fact that these morons are telling the head coach who to play at the most important position on the team after they foisted a bust on him in Kizer.
And no wonder Jackson has been talking with Jimmy.
WSS
-
Just a FO decision. If it's the HC, like it should be, or the GM Stosh, or the GM pudpuller or the GM ferry... But they all do answer directly to Jimmah....so it would be on him ultimately. What a friggin mess
Then I hate the front office more than I did before.
And it doesn't really matter if Hogan is worse than Kessler just the fact that these morons are telling the head coach who to play at the most important position on the team after they foisted a bust on him in Kizer.
And no wonder Jackson has been talking with Jimmy.
WSS
Then I hate the front office more than I did before.
And it doesn't really matter if Hogan is worse than Kessler just the fact that these morons are telling the head coach who to play at the most important position on the team after they foisted a bust on him in Kizer.
And no wonder Jackson has been talking with Jimmy.
WSS
Check out the trial going on in Tenn against flying J. He's just a lowlife hillbilly crook. At least that's what the FO he hired at Flying J seems to think. It's disturbing reading.
-
The lawyers that are incriminating Jimmah and defending the execs are being paid by ...... Flying J. Not to mention the 170 some million paid in fines and restitution ordered by the courts. The family most likely forced him to sell the business to Buffet before Jimmah ran it broke. IMHO anyway after reading all that crap
-
Then I hate the front office more than I did before.
And it doesn't really matter if Hogan is worse than Kessler just the fact that these morons are telling the head coach who to play at the most important position on the team after they foisted a bust on him in Kizer.
And no wonder Jackson has been talking with Jimmy.
WSS
Check out the trial going on in Tenn against flying J. He's just a lowlife hillbilly crook. At least that's what the FO he hired at Flying J seems to think. It's disturbing reading.
Check out the trial going on in Tenn against flying J. He's just a lowlife hillbilly crook. At least that's what the FO he hired at Flying J seems to think. It's disturbing reading.
Lol
0 is the number of fuks I give abad the Flying J problems.

WSS
-
Check out the trial going on in Tenn against flying J. He's just a lowlife hillbilly crook. At least that's what the FO he hired at Flying J seems to think. It's disturbing reading.
Lol
0 is the number of fuks I give abad the Flying J problems.

WSS
Lol
0 is the number of fuks I give abad the Flying J problems.

WSS
I understand that. I just wanted more insight on the owner. This could well be the last season he runs the team
-
Lol
0 is the number of fuks I give abad the Flying J problems.

WSS
I understand that. I just wanted more insight on the owner. This could well be the last season he runs the team
I understand that. I just wanted more insight on the owner. This could well be the last season he runs the team
And I understand that. As long as we're understanding stuff. Hoping he can dodge these Mickey Mouse accusations or has the good sense to sell to somebody who might have a better grip on it. Still as far as that goes who the hell knows? Within a team you can go back a few years before they get successful and probably have no idea whether or not the front office and coaching staff that has been put in place is going to be a winner in the future.
WSS
-
Maybe some of the guys that keep calling for this will get lucky and Bernie Kosar will take that eight hundred bucks he still has in the bank and put together a Consortium.

WSS
-
Maybe some of the guys that keep calling for this will get lucky and Bernie Kosar will take that eight hundred bucks he still has in the bank and put together a Consortium.

WSS
Maybe some of the guys that keep calling for this will get lucky and Bernie Kosar will take that eight hundred bucks he still has in the bank and put together a Consortium.

WSS
He has at least a grand
-
And maybe Randy Lerner would rebuy the Browns...
An owner change at this point would be as disastrous as "installing a football guy" atop the FO.
-
Maybe some of the guys that keep calling for this will get lucky and Bernie Kosar will take that eight hundred bucks he still has in the bank and put together a Consortium.

WSS
Maybe some of the guys that keep calling for this will get lucky and Bernie Kosar will take that eight hundred bucks he still has in the bank and put together a Consortium.

WSS
Oh god $800, for a guy who made about $80,000,000 (+/-) in NFL career.....and was a finance student while at Miami, unreal. BUT might be good in some capacity with the BROWNS.
-
Yeah, when Kessler had to come in when Kizer hurt his ribs- he actually make Deshone look good by comparison.
Plus teams have tape on Cody now, they know he's not mobile, and they blitz the hell out of us whenever he's in the game.
So why is Hogan 3rd string is what I want to know. I think Kessler goes and Hogan stays next year, they just want to be sure Kessler is done. Hogan came in the game and put points on the board... enough points that Kizer was edged out of the start. But know- nothing.
So why is Hogan 3rd string is what I want to know. I think Kessler goes and Hogan stays next year, they just want to be sure Kessler is done. Hogan came in the game and put points on the board... enough points that Kizer was edged out of the start. But know- nothing.
Hate to break it to you PO, but MHO is Kizer is the only one who survives.
And I understand that. As long as we're understanding stuff. Hoping he can dodge these Mickey Mouse accusations or has the good sense to sell to somebody who might have a better grip on it. Still as far as that goes who the hell knows? Within a team you can go back a few years before they get successful and probably have no idea whether or not the front office and coaching staff that has been put in place is going to be a winner in the future.
WSS
Steve, when the Feds get involved it's not looking good for Jimmy. Dee could probably run the team if he winds up in some resort federal lockup for a few years. Or the league could force him out, even if he doesn't get found out running that rebate scam. Which brings me to......
Maybe some of the guys that keep calling for this will get lucky and Bernie Kosar will take that eight hundred bucks he still has in the bank and put together a Consortium.

WSS
Bernie's got his name and almost certainly a cut of the profits at Kosar's at the Racino. Plus, gets something for those radio and TV spots. So he's not broke. The better question is, does he know enough guys with enough cash (like a billion or so) to buy Haslam out? Though really, all they'd need is (shades of Modell) 51% to have controlling interest.
-
Okay Bernie's paycheck for the restaurant and radio spots might be more than eight hundred bucks. That's your argument?
Controlling interest in an NFL team would probably cost at least five or six thousand dollars.

WSS
-
Okay Bernie's paycheck for the restaurant and radio spots might be more than eight hundred bucks. That's your argument?
Controlling interest in an NFL team would probably cost at least five or six thousand dollars.

WSS
Okay Bernie's paycheck for the restaurant and radio spots might be more than eight hundred bucks. That's your argument?
Controlling interest in an NFL team would probably cost at least five or six thousand dollars.

WSS
Maybe he could get a peanut concession? Seriously though I've always liked Bernie he sold out for Cleveland and I wish him well.....hopefully still with the Browns.
-
Yeah, when Kessler had to come in when Kizer hurt his ribs- he actually make Deshone look good by comparison.
Plus teams have tape on Cody now, they know he's not mobile, and they blitz the hell out of us whenever he's in the game.
So why is Hogan 3rd string is what I want to know. I think Kessler goes and Hogan stays next year, they just want to be sure Kessler is done. Hogan came in the game and put points on the board... enough points that Kizer was edged out of the start. But know- nothing.
So why is Hogan 3rd string is what I want to know. I think Kessler goes and Hogan stays next year, they just want to be sure Kessler is done. Hogan came in the game and put points on the board... enough points that Kizer was edged out of the start. But know- nothing.
Either Hue hates him or they see him in practice and he sucks like he did against the Texans. I don't see how anyone can watch Kessler play and not know that he is completely done....actually a bit overdone for my taste. He played hard last year and got the shit beat out of him....not hard to imagine that it's taken its toll on him. Why after the last 2 relief appearances (Lions and Bengals) Kessler is still the backup is beyond me. There's probably practice squad players on other rosters who can look more adept at playing QB than Kessler does this season.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login