Dorsey Hired
-
Not sure if in the 9 pages and counting the link to this article was posted. It's a good, fairly quick read.
The John Dorsey Dismissal: Where It Went Wrong in K.C.
https://www.si.com/mmqb/2017/06/29/kansas-city-chiefs-john-dorsey-fired-nfl-notebook
The article goes bit deeper into a couple of the issues mentioned a couple posts along the way here. For example...
Given the power each then wielded, the stock criticism of Dorsey—that while he’s incredibly respected as an evaluator, he’s more scout than manager—was validated with a level of disorganization that was noticeable before the hyper-organized Ballard departed, and obvious after he left for Indy.
As one source explained it, “It wasn’t dysfunction so much as it was decisions were being made that seemed to come out of nowhere. So that existed, but the people here weren’t aware that ownership was aware of it. … You look back now, how it worked out, and ownership was more aware that it didn’t need to be run that way.”
There were also a few flash points to prove it out over the past 18 months:
• The selection of Stanford quarterback Kevin Hogan in the fifth round of the 2016 draft. That move stunned scouts and coaches, based on the evaluation and meetings leading up to the draft. Hogan didn’t wind up making the team four months later, and started last season on the Browns’ practice squad.
Not sure if in the 9 pages and counting the link to this article was posted. It's a good, fairly quick read.
The John Dorsey Dismissal: Where It Went Wrong in K.C.
https://www.si.com/mmqb/2017/06/29/kansas-city-chiefs-john-dorsey-fired-nfl-notebook
The article goes bit deeper into a couple of the issues mentioned a couple posts along the way here. For example...
Given the power each then wielded, the stock criticism of Dorsey—that while he’s incredibly respected as an evaluator, he’s more scout than manager—was validated with a level of disorganization that was noticeable before the hyper-organized Ballard departed, and obvious after he left for Indy.
As one source explained it, “It wasn’t dysfunction so much as it was decisions were being made that seemed to come out of nowhere. So that existed, but the people here weren’t aware that ownership was aware of it. … You look back now, how it worked out, and ownership was more aware that it didn’t need to be run that way.”
There were also a few flash points to prove it out over the past 18 months:
• The selection of Stanford quarterback Kevin Hogan in the fifth round of the 2016 draft. That move stunned scouts and coaches, based on the evaluation and meetings leading up to the draft. Hogan didn’t wind up making the team four months later, and started last season on the Browns’ practice squad.
So? We have Hogan to thank/blame/whatever for having Dorsey here. What does that mean for PoG? Here is one answer:
-
Not sure if in the 9 pages and counting the link to this article was posted. It's a good, fairly quick read.
The John Dorsey Dismissal: Where It Went Wrong in K.C.
https://www.si.com/mmqb/2017/06/29/kansas-city-chiefs-john-dorsey-fired-nfl-notebook
The article goes bit deeper into a couple of the issues mentioned a couple posts along the way here. For example...
Given the power each then wielded, the stock criticism of Dorsey—that while he’s incredibly respected as an evaluator, he’s more scout than manager—was validated with a level of disorganization that was noticeable before the hyper-organized Ballard departed, and obvious after he left for Indy.
As one source explained it, “It wasn’t dysfunction so much as it was decisions were being made that seemed to come out of nowhere. So that existed, but the people here weren’t aware that ownership was aware of it. … You look back now, how it worked out, and ownership was more aware that it didn’t need to be run that way.”
There were also a few flash points to prove it out over the past 18 months:
• The selection of Stanford quarterback Kevin Hogan in the fifth round of the 2016 draft. That move stunned scouts and coaches, based on the evaluation and meetings leading up to the draft. Hogan didn’t wind up making the team four months later, and started last season on the Browns’ practice squad.
So? We have Hogan to thank/blame/whatever for having Dorsey here. What does that mean for PoG? Here is one answer:
So? We have Hogan to thank/blame/whatever for having Dorsey here. What does that mean for PoG? Here is one answer:
Great song.. Always loved this band..
-
So? We have Hogan to thank/blame/whatever for having Dorsey here. What does that mean for PoG? Here is one answer:
Great song.. Always loved this band..
Great song.. Always loved this band..
The Faith Healer off of Next... is my ultimate Alex Harvey track. I love it... Otherwise the LP is uneven, but has more highs than lows. All the highs, including The Faith Healer and GangBang, were written by Harvey and McKenna.
Tomorrow Belongs to Me is the other LP I have by them... nowhere near as good... only one Havery/McKenna collaboration.
-
lol... Don't look now, but next year is year three. I love the clinging to the "quick turnaround" myth.
Also love that you give Sashi credit for managing the cap, but damn him for the manner in which he did it.
As for Hue's "narrative"... did you expect Hue to say, "I saw an opening and shoved AJ so far up Sashi's a$$ that there was no way he could stay afloat?" lol...
As for Sashi's next job... was thinking about this a lil last nite... running thru candidates. Anyway I came up with three criteria:
- Teams that haven't won it all.
- Teams that have been competitive recently, but are now falling.
- Teams that have ownership with a reputation for being "thrifty".
The name that fits? Cincinnati Bengals... No idea if it actually happens, but I could see Mike Brown loving the idea of turning the Browns abandoned approach back on them.
Year 3, too early to tell but what's your expectations for the Browns? I had us at 4 wins this year, and border line playoffs next. MHO is 2017 = Epic Fail, who knows 2018? But it better be at least 8 wins. Teams have gone from dumpster fires to the Super Bowl in that time frame.
Regarding the Bengals, hmmmm. Maybe. Mikey does like to stick it to the Browns. But Mike's daughter Katie Blackburn is their GM in training when Brown passes on. Sashi would just be their Cap guy, he'd never get roster control in Cincy.
Year 3, too early to tell but what's your expectations for the Browns? I had us at 4 wins this year, and border line playoffs next. MHO is 2017 = Epic Fail, who knows 2018? But it better be at least 8 wins. Teams have gone from dumpster fires to the Super Bowl in that time frame.
Regarding the Bengals, hmmmm. Maybe. Mikey does like to stick it to the Browns. But Mike's daughter Katie Blackburn is their GM in training when Brown passes on. Sashi would just be their Cap guy, he'd never get roster control in Cincy.
I called it 2 wins, +/- 1. The Steeler will most likely kick the schidt out of New England and wrap up the home field advantage, The Steelers won't play anyone and the Browns best chance to win will be playing the Steelers 4th stringer and Duquesne Tamburitzan musicians.
Total poosy team. Poosy fans.
-
Year 3, too early to tell but what's your expectations for the Browns? I had us at 4 wins this year, and border line playoffs next. MHO is 2017 = Epic Fail, who knows 2018? But it better be at least 8 wins. Teams have gone from dumpster fires to the Super Bowl in that time frame.
Regarding the Bengals, hmmmm. Maybe. Mikey does like to stick it to the Browns. But Mike's daughter Katie Blackburn is their GM in training when Brown passes on. Sashi would just be their Cap guy, he'd never get roster control in Cincy.
I called it 2 wins, +/- 1. The Steeler will most likely kick the schidt out of New England and wrap up the home field advantage, The Steelers won't play anyone and the Browns best chance to win will be playing the Steelers 4th stringer and Duquesne Tamburitzan musicians.
Total poosy team. Poosy fans.
I called it 2 wins, +/- 1. The Steeler will most likely kick the schidt out of New England and wrap up the home field advantage, The Steelers won't play anyone and the Browns best chance to win will be playing the Steelers 4th stringer and Duquesne Tamburitzan musicians.
Total poosy team. Poosy fans.
We'll see if Hue jumps in the Lake. But he said 1-15, he didn't say anything about 0-16.
Regarding the Steelers- yeah, they can have Fan Appreciation Day- let a few fans suit up for a play or two. I honestly believe the Steelers could play their backups and still beat the Browns. Ravens will kill the Browns Sunday. BTW, ESPN is now giving the Browns a 99% probability of landing the first overall pick.
-
I called it 2 wins, +/- 1. The Steeler will most likely kick the schidt out of New England and wrap up the home field advantage, The Steelers won't play anyone and the Browns best chance to win will be playing the Steelers 4th stringer and Duquesne Tamburitzan musicians.
Total poosy team. Poosy fans.
We'll see if Hue jumps in the Lake. But he said 1-15, he didn't say anything about 0-16.
Regarding the Steelers- yeah, they can have Fan Appreciation Day- let a few fans suit up for a play or two. I honestly believe the Steelers could play their backups and still beat the Browns. Ravens will kill the Browns Sunday. BTW, ESPN is now giving the Browns a 99% probability of landing the first overall pick.
We'll see if Hue jumps in the Lake. But he said 1-15, he didn't say anything about 0-16.
Regarding the Steelers- yeah, they can have Fan Appreciation Day- let a few fans suit up for a play or two. I honestly believe the Steelers could play their backups and still beat the Browns. Ravens will kill the Browns Sunday. BTW, ESPN is now giving the Browns a 99% probability of landing the first overall pick.
How many times in NFL history has the same team had consecutive #1 picks? Anyone know? Gipper? What's the longest streak of consecutive #1's?
-
We'll see if Hue jumps in the Lake. But he said 1-15, he didn't say anything about 0-16.
Regarding the Steelers- yeah, they can have Fan Appreciation Day- let a few fans suit up for a play or two. I honestly believe the Steelers could play their backups and still beat the Browns. Ravens will kill the Browns Sunday. BTW, ESPN is now giving the Browns a 99% probability of landing the first overall pick.
How many times in NFL history has the same team had consecutive #1 picks? Anyone know? Gipper? What's the longest streak of consecutive #1's?
How many times in NFL history has the same team had consecutive #1 picks? Anyone know? Gipper? What's the longest streak of consecutive #1's?
Off the top of my head da Browns- at least once. '99 Tim Couch, '00 Courtney Brown. I think there were others. Plus it's happened the Redskins had the #2 & #3 in one year.
OK I did research it, (thanks, Wiki) the Yuckaneers of the '70s accomplished the same feat, '76, '77. Ancient history Cardinals '39, '40. More recently, Da Bungles of ''94 & '95 ( Dan Wilkinson and Ki-Jana Carter) the Browns will be the only team to have accomplished that level of suckitude twice.
-
Great song.. Always loved this band..
The Faith Healer off of Next... is my ultimate Alex Harvey track. I love it... Otherwise the LP is uneven, but has more highs than lows. All the highs, including The Faith Healer and GangBang, were written by Harvey and McKenna.
Tomorrow Belongs to Me is the other LP I have by them... nowhere near as good... only one Havery/McKenna collaboration.
The Faith Healer off of Next... is my ultimate Alex Harvey track. I love it... Otherwise the LP is uneven, but has more highs than lows. All the highs, including The Faith Healer and GangBang, were written by Harvey and McKenna.
Tomorrow Belongs to Me is the other LP I have by them... nowhere near as good... only one Havery/McKenna collaboration.
McKenna is an awesome drummer too.. I have heard him with other bands and he's blended right in.. I love midnight moses too.. Fun guitar parts in that song....
-
How many times in NFL history has the same team had consecutive #1 picks? Anyone know? Gipper? What's the longest streak of consecutive #1's?
Off the top of my head da Browns- at least once. '99 Tim Couch, '00 Courtney Brown. I think there were others. Plus it's happened the Redskins had the #2 & #3 in one year.
OK I did research it, (thanks, Wiki) the Yuckaneers of the '70s accomplished the same feat, '76, '77. Ancient history Cardinals '39, '40. More recently, Da Bungles of ''94 & '95 ( Dan Wilkinson and Ki-Jana Carter) the Browns will be the only team to have accomplished that level of suckitude twice.
Off the top of my head da Browns- at least once. '99 Tim Couch, '00 Courtney Brown. I think there were others. Plus it's happened the Redskins had the #2 & #3 in one year.
OK I did research it, (thanks, Wiki) the Yuckaneers of the '70s accomplished the same feat, '76, '77. Ancient history Cardinals '39, '40. More recently, Da Bungles of ''94 & '95 ( Dan Wilkinson and Ki-Jana Carter) the Browns will be the only team to have accomplished that level of suckitude twice.
We should go for three. Browns have made history before we should do it again
-
I dont see sashi getting another high level job. His name is not one that is well thought of right now in many circles. If you just want a guy to come in and trade down, you can find anyone to do that and not take the pr hit.....
-
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Browns new GM John Dorsey didn't hold back on his assessment of the previous regime, one that was 1-27 when Sashi Brown was fired last week.
"You know what? You've got to get a guy like that (Hue Jackson) players,'' Dorsey told the "Really Big Show'' with Aaron Goldhammer on WKNR 850, the home of the Browns today. "And you know what? I'll come straight out with it. The guys who were here before, that system, they didn't get real players.''
It was a strong condemnation of the analytics-based front office, one that didn't have an experienced evaluator on the executive team.
"As Bill Parcells would always say, 'you are your record' and you know what? There it is, so that's the truth-teller in this thing,'' said Dorsey. "And I'm going to do my darnedest to get Hue (Jackson) players.
"And that's all I can ask for, and that's all I'm going to do. I like the man.''
Dorsey also refused to paint himself in a corner and guarantee that Jackson will be back in 2018.
"I live in the present and I build for the future,'' he said. "Right now the sun's out, the tarps are coming out, we're practicing outside, we're getting ready to play the Baltimore Ravens and that's my sole focus. And then it's also getting familiar with the whole layout and the organizational structure.''
-
Year 3, too early to tell but what's your expectations for the Browns? I had us at 4 wins this year, and border line playoffs next. MHO is 2017 = Epic Fail, who knows 2018? But it better be at least 8 wins. Teams have gone from dumpster fires to the Super Bowl in that time frame.
Regarding the Bengals, hmmmm. Maybe. Mikey does like to stick it to the Browns. But Mike's daughter Katie Blackburn is their GM in training when Brown passes on. Sashi would just be their Cap guy, he'd never get roster control in Cincy.
I called it 2 wins, +/- 1. The Steeler will most likely kick the schidt out of New England and wrap up the home field advantage, The Steelers won't play anyone and the Browns best chance to win will be playing the Steelers 4th stringer and Duquesne Tamburitzan musicians.
Total poosy team. Poosy fans.
-
We'll see if Hue jumps in the Lake. But he said 1-15, he didn't say anything about 0-16.
Regarding the Steelers- yeah, they can have Fan Appreciation Day- let a few fans suit up for a play or two. I honestly believe the Steelers could play their backups and still beat the Browns. Ravens will kill the Browns Sunday. BTW, ESPN is now giving the Browns a 99% probability of landing the first overall pick.
How many times in NFL history has the same team had consecutive #1 picks? Anyone know? Gipper? What's the longest streak of consecutive #1's?
How many times in NFL history has the same team had consecutive #1 picks? Anyone know? Gipper? What's the longest streak of consecutive #1's?
Looks like 6 times unless I missed one... and two is the longest.
- Browns '99 and 2000
- Bengals '94 and '95
- Bucs '86 and '87
- Bucs '76 and '77
- CHI Cardinals '39 and '40
- Eagles '36 and '37
-
We'll see if Hue jumps in the Lake. But he said 1-15, he didn't say anything about 0-16.
Regarding the Steelers- yeah, they can have Fan Appreciation Day- let a few fans suit up for a play or two. I honestly believe the Steelers could play their backups and still beat the Browns. Ravens will kill the Browns Sunday. BTW, ESPN is now giving the Browns a 99% probability of landing the first overall pick.
How many times in NFL history has the same team had consecutive #1 picks? Anyone know? Gipper? What's the longest streak of consecutive #1's?
How many times in NFL history has the same team had consecutive #1 picks? Anyone know? Gipper? What's the longest streak of consecutive #1's?
They do have this thing called Google in which you can look stuff up.
Nevertheless, here is your answer:
1936 and 1937 Eagles, Jay Berwanger and Sam Francis
1939 and 1940 Cardinals Ki Aldrich and George Cafego
1976 and 1977 Buccaneers Leroy Selmon and Ricky Bell
1986 and 1987 Buccaneers Bo Jackson and Vinny Testaverde
1994 and 1995 Bengals Dan Wilkinson and Kijana Carter.
1999 and 2000 Cleveland Browns Tim Couch and Courtney Brown
-
I dont see sashi getting another high level job. His name is not one that is well thought of right now in many circles. If you just want a guy to come in and trade down, you can find anyone to do that and not take the pr hit.....
I dont see sashi getting another high level job. His name is not one that is well thought of right now in many circles. If you just want a guy to come in and trade down, you can find anyone to do that and not take the pr hit.....
- Not "well thought of" in "many", means he is well thought of by some.
- How many "circles" are you in?
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Browns new GM John Dorsey didn't hold back on his assessment of the previous regime, one that was 1-27 when Sashi Brown was fired last week.
"You know what? You've got to get a guy like that (Hue Jackson) players,'' Dorsey told the "Really Big Show'' with Aaron Goldhammer on WKNR 850, the home of the Browns today. "And you know what? I'll come straight out with it. The guys who were here before, that system, they didn't get real players.''
It was a strong condemnation of the analytics-based front office, one that didn't have an experienced evaluator on the executive team.
"As Bill Parcells would always say, 'you are your record' and you know what? There it is, so that's the truth-teller in this thing,'' said Dorsey. "And I'm going to do my darnedest to get Hue (Jackson) players.
"And that's all I can ask for, and that's all I'm going to do. I like the man.''
Dorsey also refused to paint himself in a corner and guarantee that Jackson will be back in 2018.
"I live in the present and I build for the future,'' he said. "Right now the sun's out, the tarps are coming out, we're practicing outside, we're getting ready to play the Baltimore Ravens and that's my sole focus. And then it's also getting familiar with the whole layout and the organizational structure.''
O-H....
F-U-C-K...
-
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Browns new GM John Dorsey didn't hold back on his assessment of the previous regime, one that was 1-27 when Sashi Brown was fired last week.
"You know what? You've got to get a guy like that (Hue Jackson) players,'' Dorsey told the "Really Big Show'' with Aaron Goldhammer on WKNR 850, the home of the Browns today. "And you know what? I'll come straight out with it. The guys who were here before, that system, they didn't get real players.''
It was a strong condemnation of the analytics-based front office, one that didn't have an experienced evaluator on the executive team.
"As Bill Parcells would always say, 'you are your record' and you know what? There it is, so that's the truth-teller in this thing,'' said Dorsey. "And I'm going to do my darnedest to get Hue (Jackson) players.
"And that's all I can ask for, and that's all I'm going to do. I like the man.''
Dorsey also refused to paint himself in a corner and guarantee that Jackson will be back in 2018.
"I live in the present and I build for the future,'' he said. "Right now the sun's out, the tarps are coming out, we're practicing outside, we're getting ready to play the Baltimore Ravens and that's my sole focus. And then it's also getting familiar with the whole layout and the organizational structure.''
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Browns new GM John Dorsey didn't hold back on his assessment of the previous regime, one that was 1-27 when Sashi Brown was fired last week.
"You know what? You've got to get a guy like that (Hue Jackson) players,'' Dorsey told the "Really Big Show'' with Aaron Goldhammer on WKNR 850, the home of the Browns today. "And you know what? I'll come straight out with it. The guys who were here before, that system, they didn't get real players.''
It was a strong condemnation of the analytics-based front office, one that didn't have an experienced evaluator on the executive team.
"As Bill Parcells would always say, 'you are your record' and you know what? There it is, so that's the truth-teller in this thing,'' said Dorsey. "And I'm going to do my darnedest to get Hue (Jackson) players.
"And that's all I can ask for, and that's all I'm going to do. I like the man.''
Dorsey also refused to paint himself in a corner and guarantee that Jackson will be back in 2018.
"I live in the present and I build for the future,'' he said. "Right now the sun's out, the tarps are coming out, we're practicing outside, we're getting ready to play the Baltimore Ravens and that's my sole focus. And then it's also getting familiar with the whole layout and the organizational structure.''
Actually....he was more critical of the Ray Famer regime than the Sachi regime. He said he has no clue why a team would pick someone #8 overall (Justin Gilbert) when they didn't even go to scout him...or talk to him...and learn that he was completely blase about playing football.
-
I dont see sashi getting another high level job. His name is not one that is well thought of right now in many circles. If you just want a guy to come in and trade down, you can find anyone to do that and not take the pr hit.....
- Not "well thought of" in "many", means he is well thought of by some.
- How many "circles" are you in?
CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Browns new GM John Dorsey didn't hold back on his assessment of the previous regime, one that was 1-27 when Sashi Brown was fired last week.
"You know what? You've got to get a guy like that (Hue Jackson) players,'' Dorsey told the "Really Big Show'' with Aaron Goldhammer on WKNR 850, the home of the Browns today. "And you know what? I'll come straight out with it. The guys who were here before, that system, they didn't get real players.''
It was a strong condemnation of the analytics-based front office, one that didn't have an experienced evaluator on the executive team.
"As Bill Parcells would always say, 'you are your record' and you know what? There it is, so that's the truth-teller in this thing,'' said Dorsey. "And I'm going to do my darnedest to get Hue (Jackson) players.
"And that's all I can ask for, and that's all I'm going to do. I like the man.''
Dorsey also refused to paint himself in a corner and guarantee that Jackson will be back in 2018.
"I live in the present and I build for the future,'' he said. "Right now the sun's out, the tarps are coming out, we're practicing outside, we're getting ready to play the Baltimore Ravens and that's my sole focus. And then it's also getting familiar with the whole layout and the organizational structure.''
O-H....
F-U-C-K...
- Not "well thought of" in "many", means he is well thought of by some.
- How many "circles" are you in?
I can only read what is on put online....but we'll see if he gets another GM level job. My guess is no. no point in taking the pr hit- like it or not, the first thing people think about when Sashi is mentioned are Carson Wentz and 1-whatever it was....
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login