Skip to content

Dorsey Hired

The Browns Board
226 45 8.4k 1
  • @the-gipper said:

    Jesus Christ that was fast

    Rumor had it we've been working on it behind the scenes for a month. Jimmy is a snake.

    @stillmotion said:

    Rumor had it we've been working on it behind the scenes for a month. Jimmy is a snake.

    Obviously jimmy is a snake. The FBI has proved that

    Just hire the right guy and go away

  • @stillmotion said:

    Rumor had it we've been working on it behind the scenes for a month. Jimmy is a snake.

    It's done this way in any large company. 

    @jcam222 said:

    It's done this way in any large company. 

    What’s that? Cheat your costumers? 

  • @jcam222 said:

    It's done this way in any large company. 

    What’s that? Cheat your costumers? 

    @browns149 said:

    What’s that? Cheat your costumers? 

    No, it's very normal to recruit and vet executive level hires prior to firing the old one. 

  • 4 year deal......has final say on all football decisions...... apart from the coach's position 🙂

    @darren15 said:

    4 year deal......has final say on all football decisions...... apart from the coach's position 🙂

    Now Haslam needs to change the reporting structure. Hue needs to report directly to Dorsey. 

  • People are bitching about the Rooney rule. If I'm not mistaken, Mike Singletary was brought in for an interview a few weeks ago right?

  • People are bitching about the Rooney rule. If I'm not mistaken, Mike Singletary was brought in for an interview a few weeks ago right?

    @harry-buffalo said:

    People are bitching about the Rooney rule. If I'm not mistaken, Mike Singletary was brought in for an interview a few weeks ago right?

    For the GM spot? That wasn't available at the time?

  • Jesus Christ that was fast

    @the-gipper said:

    Jesus Christ that was fast

    Not surprising considering the timing of Sashi’s firing.  They already had Dorsey lined up. 

  • @harry-buffalo said:

    People are bitching about the Rooney rule. If I'm not mistaken, Mike Singletary was brought in for an interview a few weeks ago right?

    For the GM spot? That wasn't available at the time?

    @dutch-oven said:

    For the GM spot? That wasn't available at the time?

    Here is the thing, I don't think Sashi was the GM. His title was always Vice President of football operations. He however had control of the roster. The people they had been interviewing have been for a GM position that would have been available without Sashi being fired, which was their original plan according to reports. The big reason Sashi likely got fired was most likely because Dorsey said he wouldn't take the job without control of the roster.

  • I guess I'm an influencer and they listened to me when some hours ago I asked to sign him NOW, lol.

    Well, I'm less bitter now. I believe he's a solid GM and this doesn't leave the front office 'headless' to prepare the offseason.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    For the GM spot? That wasn't available at the time?

    Here is the thing, I don't think Sashi was the GM. His title was always Vice President of football operations. He however had control of the roster. The people they had been interviewing have been for a GM position that would have been available without Sashi being fired, which was their original plan according to reports. The big reason Sashi likely got fired was most likely because Dorsey said he wouldn't take the job without control of the roster.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    Here is the thing, I don't think Sashi was the GM. His title was always Vice President of football operations. He however had control of the roster. The people they had been interviewing have been for a GM position that would have been available without Sashi being fired, which was their original plan according to reports. The big reason Sashi likely got fired was most likely because Dorsey said he wouldn't take the job without control of the roster.

    That makes a lot of sense. 

  • It has been rumored that there are some GM/coach "package" deals that may be out there:

    Pioli and Vrabel

    Caserio and McDaniels.

    Point is, these would be GMs/coaches that would be in sync.    Dorsey and Hue however?   Someone used the term:  shotgun marriage.

    @the-gipper said:

    It has been rumored that there are some GM/coach "package" deals that may be out there:

    Pioli and Vrabel

    Caserio and McDaniels.

    Point is, these would be GMs/coaches that would be in sync.    Dorsey and Hue however?   Someone used the term:  shotgun marriage.

    Or, and this might sound crazy, we keep a coach for his third year to help actually attract someone to take a job at our dumpster fire of a franchise.

  • @the-gipper said:

    It has been rumored that there are some GM/coach "package" deals that may be out there:

    Pioli and Vrabel

    Caserio and McDaniels.

    Point is, these would be GMs/coaches that would be in sync.    Dorsey and Hue however?   Someone used the term:  shotgun marriage.

    Or, and this might sound crazy, we keep a coach for his third year to help actually attract someone to take a job at our dumpster fire of a franchise.

    @harry-buffalo said:

    Or, and this might sound crazy, we keep a coach for his third year to help actually attract someone to take a job at our dumpster fire of a franchise.

    What did I say about dumpster fireWhat did I say about dumpster fire

  • Also from what I have read he got let go in Kansas City not because of his player selection, but because he was unorganized and was Sheet at communicating with the coaches and others in the front office. Apparently this became a big issue when his assistant GM left in 2015 who was apparently the one keeping everyone up to date on what he was doing.

  • @darren15 said:

    4 year deal......has final say on all football decisions...... apart from the coach's position 🙂

    Now Haslam needs to change the reporting structure. Hue needs to report directly to Dorsey. 

    @jcam222 said:

    Now Haslam needs to change the reporting structure. Hue needs to report directly to Dorsey. 

    Yes sir! I agree 100%.

    Mike

  • I guess I'm an influencer and they listened to me when some hours ago I asked to sign him NOW, lol.

    Well, I'm less bitter now. I believe he's a solid GM and this doesn't leave the front office 'headless' to prepare the offseason.

    @nero said:

    I guess I'm an influencer and they listened to me when some hours ago I asked to sign him NOW, lol.

    Well, I'm less bitter now. I believe he's a solid GM and this doesn't leave the front office 'headless' to prepare the offseason.

    Makes me believe the Peyton rumors can be put to bed, too.

  • People are bitching about the Rooney rule. If I'm not mistaken, Mike Singletary was brought in for an interview a few weeks ago right?

    @harry-buffalo said:

    People are bitching about the Rooney rule. If I'm not mistaken, Mike Singletary was brought in for an interview a few weeks ago right?

    Yep. It was reported at that time that Singletary was NOT interviewed for the HC position. Good catch Harry!

    Mike

  • @harry-buffalo said:

    Or, and this might sound crazy, we keep a coach for his third year to help actually attract someone to take a job at our dumpster fire of a franchise.

    What did I say about dumpster fireWhat did I say about dumpster fire

    @the-gipper said:

    What did I say about dumpster fireWhat did I say about dumpster fire

    That you love the phrase "dumpster fire" That you love the phrase "dumpster fire" 😆

  • You know what's fun? This team somehow was so secretive in their interviewing process, that no one really knows who they interviewed to the point that the guy who suggests minority canidates to teams is apparently going to bitch to the NFL because he doesn't know they interviewed Singletary.

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Bolt/Cleveland-Browns-interviewed-Mike-Singletary-last-week-110437553/Amp

  • Chris Mortensen‏Verified account @mortreport 27s28 seconds ago
    Chris Mortensen@mortreport
    The @Browns have hired John Dorsey to become Cleveland's general manager, per league sources. He will be introduced at a press conference Friday.
    More

    The @Browns have hired John Dorsey to become Cleveland's general manager, per league sources. He will be introduced at a press conference Friday.

    @darren15 said:

    The @Browns have hired John Dorsey to become Cleveland's general manager, per league sources. He will be introduced at a press conference Friday.

    Count me as not surprised...

    @jcam222 said:

    I read that they have had a private firm vetting him for about a month. 

    Again, count me as not surprised...    the Haslam\Hue\McCarron meeting on the field- the Owner\Hue\players meeting minus Sashi. The tea leaves were there, if we wanted to read them.... 

    @jcam222 said:

    It's done this way in any large company. 

    I've heard of an organization bringing a guy in to "show him the ropes" and then firing the guy who trained him.... 

    @harry-buffalo said:

    Here is the thing, I don't think Sashi was the GM. His title was always Vice President of football operations. He however had control of the roster. The people they had been interviewing have been for a GM position that would have been available without Sashi being fired, which was their original plan according to reports. The big reason Sashi likely got fired was most likely because Dorsey said he wouldn't take the job without control of the roster.

    Could it have been (unlikely) they asked Sashi to go back to his old job as beancounter, and he wouldn't accept the demotion? 

    PS I sure hope Dorsey is better than those last two "football guys" Farmer and Holmgren... 

  • As some of us mentioned before...if a football guy was being brought in to have control of the roster...then Sashi would be let go.  In the grand scheme of things, that's the only way it could go down.  Sashi would HAVE TO be let go.

    I, for one, am glad to see that Jimmuh had his ducks lined up properly this time.  HAVE your new guy in hand before you fire.

    Where's Peyton Manning's new house in Cleveland?