Is Hue Jackson the answer?
-
If the question is: "What coach has lost 28 of his first 29 games as a Browns head coach?" - then yes, Huey is the answer.
-
-
I'm still going incomplete. I think it is really hard to evaluate a coach when the players don't seem to be very good. If you are in the Tavern during the game you see people say Garrett stinks, Coleman stinks, Kizer stinks, Peppers stinks, Gonzales stinks, Shon Coleman stinks, Boddy-Calhoun stinks, on and on but at the very end Hue Jackson's fault. It's the reverse of the political forum.
I do think he deserves some blame because these players act awful Socky when the make one play for an 0-13 team but that seems to be the modern athlete.
-
At This point, I’m having a hard time believing Hue can pull off wins in close games. Sure, the loss can’t be solely blamed on him, but he’s 1-9 in close late games. That can’t be on everyone else but him. If everything is improved, and we have better players and a QB, I’m not sure I can see him taking us to The playoffs. Most definitely can’t see it without an OC
-
At This point, I’m having a hard time believing Hue can pull off wins in close games. Sure, the loss can’t be solely blamed on him, but he’s 1-9 in close late games. That can’t be on everyone else but him. If everything is improved, and we have better players and a QB, I’m not sure I can see him taking us to The playoffs. Most definitely can’t see it without an OC
At This point, I’m having a hard time believing Hue can pull off wins in close games. Sure, the loss can’t be solely blamed on him, but he’s 1-9 in close late games. That can’t be on everyone else but him. If everything is improved, and we have better players and a QB, I’m not sure I can see him taking us to The playoffs. Most definitely can’t see it without an OC
I think anyone could say that a coach is the one that gets the best out of their players. A good coach is someone who makes the players that you considered bad look good, and the good great. Because that's the kind of thing you need to get a Superbowl.
And I repeat myself, but I don't think Hue gets the best of his players.
I was all in for continuity, but if Sashi is gone, then Hue, who in my opinion is more responsible for the current situation, might be better gone too.
-
At This point, I’m having a hard time believing Hue can pull off wins in close games. Sure, the loss can’t be solely blamed on him, but he’s 1-9 in close late games. That can’t be on everyone else but him. If everything is improved, and we have better players and a QB, I’m not sure I can see him taking us to The playoffs. Most definitely can’t see it without an OC
At This point, I’m having a hard time believing Hue can pull off wins in close games. Sure, the loss can’t be solely blamed on him, but he’s 1-9 in close late games. That can’t be on everyone else but him. If everything is improved, and we have better players and a QB, I’m not sure I can see him taking us to The playoffs. Most definitely can’t see it without an OC
Exactly, Chip Kelly said one of the hallmarks of the NFL is that 45% of games are determined by 7 points or less. If Hue can't do that he shouldn't be coaching in the NFL especially with a two TD lead.
-
-
C'mon so Kenny Britt's agent is the measuring stick? He was pedestrian this season. Hue would've thrown him the ball 15 times a game if he was any good.
His agent had a good one. Gotta give credit when credit is due.
-
C'mon so Kenny Britt's agent is the measuring stick? He was pedestrian this season. Hue would've thrown him the ball 15 times a game if he was any good.
His agent had a good one. Gotta give credit when credit is due.
His agent had a good one. Gotta give credit when credit is due.
No he's awesome, he got his client $500,000 per catch.
-
His agent had a good one. Gotta give credit when credit is due.
No he's awesome, he got his client $500,000 per catch.
No he's awesome, he got his client $500,000 per catch.
that's what i'm saying. he talked them into signing kenny and had that burn on hue. as much as one can hate kenny, that's skill.
-
hue is in over his head, trying to do too much. either demote him to OC or find him an OC if the Browns are intent on continuity for continuity's sake and keeping him.
-
C'mon so Kenny Britt's agent is the measuring stick? He was pedestrian this season. Hue would've thrown him the ball 15 times a game if he was any good.
Never said anything about a measuring stick...... just threw it out here.
-
C'mon so Kenny Britt's agent is the measuring stick? He was pedestrian this season. Hue would've thrown him the ball 15 times a game if he was any good.
Never said anything about a measuring stick...... just threw it out here.
-
fair enough
.... but it is pretty bad when BRITT's agent can make fun of Huey.
-
Hue came into the game with a fire under his butt... he clearly gameplanned well; however, when adjustments were made he reverted right back to his "old" self... cant finish a game from a playcalling perspective and can't handle pressure...
Love the postgame quote... "the players did exactly what we asked them to do" ... exactly why Hue is the problem...
-
I want to see the young team have another year in the same system.
We haven't tried continuity for a long time. How much horse could it be?
WSS
I want to see the young team have another year in the same system.
We haven't tried continuity for a long time. How much horse could it be?
WSS
Don't whine about the staff all season and then whine more that they're fired. Come on. You should be happy. The bums are gone, right?
It really is amazing that the dude is still here....... I'm sitting here watching Pederson and McVay go at it and it makes it even more baffling.
Probably pimping Ben McAdoo last season too.
From Britt's Agent:
It's a critique of the fact that Hue keeps leaking to the media. Nothing more. I don't know how you guys aren't seeing that.
Hue came into the game with a fire under his butt... he clearly gameplanned well; however, when adjustments were made he reverted right back to his "old" self... cant finish a game from a playcalling perspective and can't handle pressure...
Love the postgame quote... "the players did exactly what we asked them to do" ... exactly why Hue is the problem...
Or we need more experienced/better players?
-
I want to see the young team have another year in the same system.
We haven't tried continuity for a long time. How much horse could it be?
WSS
Don't whine about the staff all season and then whine more that they're fired. Come on. You should be happy. The bums are gone, right?
It really is amazing that the dude is still here....... I'm sitting here watching Pederson and McVay go at it and it makes it even more baffling.
Probably pimping Ben McAdoo last season too.
From Britt's Agent:
It's a critique of the fact that Hue keeps leaking to the media. Nothing more. I don't know how you guys aren't seeing that.
Hue came into the game with a fire under his butt... he clearly gameplanned well; however, when adjustments were made he reverted right back to his "old" self... cant finish a game from a playcalling perspective and can't handle pressure...
Love the postgame quote... "the players did exactly what we asked them to do" ... exactly why Hue is the problem...
Or we need more experienced/better players?
Or we need more experienced/better players?
The rams needed a better coach
-
As others have said, the reporting set up is not ideal, but that's due primarily to Jimmah's track record when it comes to patience.
The above said, the structure while less than ideal had nothing to do with the process that had been in place the past two off-seasons. No one claimed a collaborative, consensus process existed under Farmer.
Yeah... nothing like an executive doing the job of a scout...

I would call it an executive that actually knows what is expected and does it. Kinda like a general becomes a general because he gets things done. Stosh was a brown nose butt polisher...
I would call it an executive that actually knows what is expected and does it. Kinda like a general becomes a general because he gets things done. Stosh was a brown nose butt polisher...
lol.... yeah... it's that easy being a general. Just "do stuff".... duh... Generals rise because they are good at getting others to get things done.
Sashi was an executive professional who ran an organization, a learning organization... and (hold onto your hat) from all indications he was running it well.
Look at the size of the organization that will be under Dorsey. It's functionality is his #1 job. The more he diverts his time to "scouting", the poorer will be his results. The more you hear things like "he's not organized" or the other things that cost him his job in KC.
I'm still going incomplete. I think it is really hard to evaluate a coach when the players don't seem to be very good.
Try this measure.... Is the team improving?
In particular in Hue's case you can ficus on the Offense since he is OC as well. However, when it comes to team discipline, or lack thereof, he is accountable for the entire team.
I think anyone could say that a coach is the one that gets the best out of their players. A good coach is someone who makes the players that you considered bad look good, and the good great. Because that's the kind of thing you need to get a Superbowl.
Agree as long as both utlization and teaching are evaluated.
-
I want to see the young team have another year in the same system.
We haven't tried continuity for a long time. How much horse could it be?
WSS
Don't whine about the staff all season and then whine more that they're fired. Come on. You should be happy. The bums are gone, right?
It really is amazing that the dude is still here....... I'm sitting here watching Pederson and McVay go at it and it makes it even more baffling.
Probably pimping Ben McAdoo last season too.
From Britt's Agent:
It's a critique of the fact that Hue keeps leaking to the media. Nothing more. I don't know how you guys aren't seeing that.
Hue came into the game with a fire under his butt... he clearly gameplanned well; however, when adjustments were made he reverted right back to his "old" self... cant finish a game from a playcalling perspective and can't handle pressure...
Love the postgame quote... "the players did exactly what we asked them to do" ... exactly why Hue is the problem...
Or we need more experienced/better players?
It's a critique of the fact that Hue keeps leaking to the media. Nothing more. I don't know how you guys aren't seeing that.
Yup... I thought it was a quality burn.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login