Dont let the Dorsey-Alex Smith connection/noise fool you.....
-
After the love-fest Hue laid on McCarron before the Bengals game...I have to believe that McCarron will be the veteran QB Dorsey will be going after
Gotta wonder what Dorsey thinks of him.
-
That's EXACTLY what I was thinking too. I think we'll try to make a giant push for Kirk Cousins, if he ever gets free from Washington, or we'll try for Alex Smith. Whatever the plan is, it most certainly revolves around bringing in a veteran. I'd bet on it.
Better pray for it too. I want Rosen because he's so proready, but I want him to be able to play for a couple of years (or more) behind a QB that can instantly drop into our offense and add that dimension that wins immediately while developing a player who will be Rogerslike when he finally comes off the bench. Watching Smith again win in the clutch game last night makes me think he is ideal for the Browns because he has several good years left and he's a good player for Rosen to understudy. Make it happen Dorsey!
Better pray for it too. I want Rosen because he's so proready, but I want him to be able to play for a couple of years (or more) behind a QB that can instantly drop into our offense and add that dimension that wins immediately while developing a player who will be Rogerslike when he finally comes off the bench. Watching Smith again win in the clutch game last night makes me think he is ideal for the Browns because he has several good years left and he's a good player for Rosen to understudy. Make it happen Dorsey!
Trust me I'm praying. Lol. When he threw that dime to Hill I just threw my hands up and screamed, "THAT! That's what I want!". Alex is also adept at short passing and hitting them perfectly so they can run after the catch. Perfect for someone like Duke Johnson, right? And we see how effectively he throws to tight ends too. He could turn Njoku into a star, and probably Devalve too. Believe it or not, our offense is somewhat set up for Alex Smith (in my twisted mind). Just need more WR depth and a new RB. Could Saquon Barkley be our version of Tyreek Hill or Kareem Hunt?
-
Random thoughts on recent comments:
- Even with SF likely out of the picture, I can't see Cousins being interested in us.
- The beauty of the Smith trade theory is that he has no choice.
- While I liked AJ coming out of BAMA and still beleive he has a chance to be a good, NFL QB.... if Dorsey wants to give Hue every opportunity to fail, then he brings in "Hue's guy", AJ. Kid may turn out to be good, but Hue's future would hinge on whether or not that is the case.
-
We don’t need to start a rookie day one. That’s dumb.
We don’t need to start a rookie day one. That’s dumb.
Thats being awful cordial about that sentiment u can do better than that. Starting a rookie day one next year......yeah we havent been down that road before huh?
-
Which makes me think Jimmah has given him the money approval to go get a proven QB in FA.
That's EXACTLY what I was thinking too. I think we'll try to make a giant push for Kirk Cousins, if he ever gets free from Washington, or we'll try for Alex Smith. Whatever the plan is, it most certainly revolves around bringing in a veteran. I'd bet on it.
Exactly. And I see nothing wrong with sitting a guy 2 or even 3 years if the veteran is performing well. After all, the entire point is to get competent play out of the position, not to play the first pick.
Its like you guys understand zero about how the nfl works these days.
Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES does #1 overall qb pick ever sit '2 or even 3 years'. Look at the most recent #1 overall qb picks:
Russell- started at the end of his rookier year(but this only took so long because he missed all of camp)
Stafford-opening day starter
Bradford- opening day starter
Newton- opening day starter
Luck- opening day starter
Winston- opening day starter
Goff- started middle of the season(and the rams got tons of flack for waiting that long)
So for most, opening day starter. Of the two who werent, both started by the end of their first year.
There is NO WAY, based on common sense or recent nfl history, that rosen or darnold sit around on the bench for '2 or 3 years'. They will likely start opening day, and if thats not the case they will be in their starting at some point during the regular season.
-
Exactly. And I see nothing wrong with sitting a guy 2 or even 3 years if the veteran is performing well. After all, the entire point is to get competent play out of the position, not to play the first pick.
Its like you guys understand zero about how the nfl works these days.
Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES does #1 overall qb pick ever sit '2 or even 3 years'. Look at the most recent #1 overall qb picks:
Russell- started at the end of his rookier year(but this only took so long because he missed all of camp)
Stafford-opening day starter
Bradford- opening day starter
Newton- opening day starter
Luck- opening day starter
Winston- opening day starter
Goff- started middle of the season(and the rams got tons of flack for waiting that long)
So for most, opening day starter. Of the two who werent, both started by the end of their first year.
There is NO WAY, based on common sense or recent nfl history, that rosen or darnold sit around on the bench for '2 or 3 years'. They will likely start opening day, and if thats not the case they will be in their starting at some point during the regular season.
-
-
-
-
Random thoughts on recent comments:
- Even with SF likely out of the picture, I can't see Cousins being interested in us.
- The beauty of the Smith trade theory is that he has no choice.
- While I liked AJ coming out of BAMA and still beleive he has a chance to be a good, NFL QB.... if Dorsey wants to give Hue every opportunity to fail, then he brings in "Hue's guy", AJ. Kid may turn out to be good, but Hue's future would hinge on whether or not that is the case.
Random thoughts on recent comments:
- Even with SF likely out of the picture, I can't see Cousins being interested in us.
- The beauty of the Smith trade theory is that he has no choice.
- While I liked AJ coming out of BAMA and still beleive he has a chance to be a good, NFL QB.... if Dorsey wants to give Hue every opportunity to fail, then he brings in "Hue's guy", AJ. Kid may turn out to be good, but Hue's future would hinge on whether or not that is the case.
Shmuck Hue. Bring in a player who has proven he can win, not one who "may" be able to win. Hue has been an ineffective gameday coach and does not deserve to choose. If he can't win with a proven winner, then he deserves to go out the door.
-
Only way I take Alex Smith off KC's hands is if they send us another 2nd-round pick for taking his giant salary off their roster. They're the ones who are cap-tied thanks to Dorsey, not Cleveland.
The irony, it is sweet.
-
Only way I take Alex Smith off KC's hands is if they send us another 2nd-round pick for taking his giant salary off their roster. They're the ones who are cap-tied thanks to Dorsey, not Cleveland.
The irony, it is sweet.
Only way I take Alex Smith off KC's hands is if they send us another 2nd-round pick for taking his giant salary off their roster. They're the ones who are cap-tied thanks to Dorsey, not Cleveland.
The irony, it is sweet.
While the irony is not wasted on me, in the short term we can easily afford the final year of Alex's contract plus a second year with him tagged.
-
What is all this trade talk about Alex Smith? Isn't he a FA at the end of the year?
-
What is all this trade talk about Alex Smith? Isn't he a FA at the end of the year?
What is all this trade talk about Alex Smith? Isn't he a FA at the end of the year?
I think Tour already told you about Smith not being a FA...
-
What is all this trade talk about Alex Smith? Isn't he a FA at the end of the year?
I think Tour already told you about Smith not being a FA...
I think Tour already told you about Smith not being a FA...
Well...you gotta understand, Tour has as many piles of detritus as Waste Management Inc. at times....so I only can pay attention to so much of it.
Nevertheless....I see that Smith is obligated to KC in 2018......and will be UFA in 2019.... so perhaps I was confusing his belief that he would not be back next year with his actual contract status:
-
-
Agree... your reading comprehension is abysmal.
Prime example: "not being a FA" = "obligated to current team"
Agree... your reading comprehension is abysmal.
Prime example: "not being a FA" = "obligated to current team"
No....I comprehend what I read. It is just so often so much of your stuff is steeped in arrogance and ignorance that it is not worth reading. I don't comprehend what I don't read. See...I can put you on "ignore" without having to do anything with a board button.
-
Yeah, Tour's arrogant....
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login