Why Garoppolo Isn't A Brown
-
Brian Hoyer...
SF cut Hoyer after the deal and NE signed him to a 3-year deal after he cleared waivers. They wanted him, but not his pseudo-starter contract he signed with SF.
You can't trade a 1st-round pick for a player that is months away from FA. To do so would definitely be "football malpractice".
Yeah, I know it's Hoyer right now, but I don't remember who the backup was when they traded Brissett.
Yeah, I know it's Hoyer right now, but I don't remember who the backup was when they traded Brissett.
Garrapolo was the backup when they trade Brissett. Duh!
Or, are you asking who was then third string? I don't think they had one. I would have said Julian Edelman was the emergency QB...but he was out injured.
In fact, the current roster lists, and I have checked a few...do not show any QBs on their roster other than Brady and Hoyer. No PS, and no IR or anyone.
-
Yeah, I know it's Hoyer right now, but I don't remember who the backup was when they traded Brissett.
Garrapolo was the backup when they trade Brissett. Duh!
Or, are you asking who was then third string? I don't think they had one. I would have said Julian Edelman was the emergency QB...but he was out injured.
In fact, the current roster lists, and I have checked a few...do not show any QBs on their roster other than Brady and Hoyer. No PS, and no IR or anyone.
Garrapolo was the backup when they trade Brissett. Duh!
Or, are you asking who was then third string? I don't think they had one. I would have said Julian Edelman was the emergency QB...but he was out injured.
In fact, the current roster lists, and I have checked a few...do not show any QBs on their roster other than Brady and Hoyer. No PS, and no IR or anyone.
Yeah, sorry. I meant to ask, "Who would've become 2nd string if we traded for Garoppolo"? It didn't come out correctly.
-
Garrapolo was the backup when they trade Brissett. Duh!
Or, are you asking who was then third string? I don't think they had one. I would have said Julian Edelman was the emergency QB...but he was out injured.
In fact, the current roster lists, and I have checked a few...do not show any QBs on their roster other than Brady and Hoyer. No PS, and no IR or anyone.
Yeah, sorry. I meant to ask, "Who would've become 2nd string if we traded for Garoppolo"? It didn't come out correctly.
Yeah, sorry. I meant to ask, "Who would've become 2nd string if we traded for Garoppolo"? It didn't come out correctly.
Probably whoever we cut...

-
I'm calling BS. Bill B would send his mom to the Browns for the right offer. He could care less.
Thanks, man.
Belichick has always been famous for releasing and trading important players from NE, just when you'd expect him to keep them. He's a cold man who runs the business showing little or no affection to his players, which allows him to pull the trigger off if needed.
That's why I don't buy the 'they traded Garoppolo to SF make him good' Sheet. They traded him there because they were running out of time to get something in exchange for Garoppolo, as he is going to be FA in 2019 and they couldn't afford both Brady's and Garoppolo's new contract. And because there was no time, they didn't call Cleveland, which already offered a 2nd round for him in April, and had drafted Kizer because the Pats didn't accept the deal. And why didn't they call the Browns? Well, if you force a team that offered you a 2nd round, to use that round pick (I know it was not exactly the same pick, but helps to understand my point) in a rookie QB -Kizer-, if you come 6 months later, in midseason, asking for a deal, they will surely offer you less. EVERYONE would offer you less than before.
Therefore, instead of getting in long negotiations with the Browns, they opted to directly call the 49ers instead, so they could get the deal done really fast.
Belichick has always been famous for releasing and trading important players from NE, just when you'd expect him to keep them. He's a cold man who runs the business showing little or no affection to his players, which allows him to pull the trigger off if needed.
No true. Even if it were true - so what. This is NOT about affection. Sheesh.
Belichick has traded 'apparent' top line players a year or two early rather than a year or two late. He has players in the wings that can step right in. That is exactly what he wanted to do with the likes of Michael Dean Perry.
I know Gipper considers BB to be, simply, a nincompoop who happens to have Tom Brady as his QB. NOBODY in the NFL feels that way. Beer-bender fans are just that - been bender fans.
How much to the Pats miss Jamie Collins?
If you want affection, I suggest you watch Lifetime Network.
-
Belichick has always been famous for releasing and trading important players from NE, just when you'd expect him to keep them. He's a cold man who runs the business showing little or no affection to his players, which allows him to pull the trigger off if needed.
No true. Even if it were true - so what. This is NOT about affection. Sheesh.
Belichick has traded 'apparent' top line players a year or two early rather than a year or two late. He has players in the wings that can step right in. That is exactly what he wanted to do with the likes of Michael Dean Perry.
I know Gipper considers BB to be, simply, a nincompoop who happens to have Tom Brady as his QB. NOBODY in the NFL feels that way. Beer-bender fans are just that - been bender fans.
How much to the Pats miss Jamie Collins?
If you want affection, I suggest you watch Lifetime Network.
No true. Even if it were true - so what. This is NOT about affection. Sheesh.
Belichick has traded 'apparent' top line players a year or two early than a year or two late. He has players in the wings that can step right in. That is exactly what he wanted to do with the likes of Michael Dean Perry.
I know Gipper considers, simply, a nincompoop who happens to have Tom Brady as his QB. NOBODY in the NFL feels that way. Beer-bender fans are just that - been bender fans.
How much to the Pats miss Jamie Collins?
If you want affection, I suggest you watch Lifetime Network.
If you want to understand what I said, I suggest you to read thoroughly what I said.
And repeat the process as many times as needed.
No need to say sorry.
-
No true. Even if it were true - so what. This is NOT about affection. Sheesh.
Belichick has traded 'apparent' top line players a year or two early than a year or two late. He has players in the wings that can step right in. That is exactly what he wanted to do with the likes of Michael Dean Perry.
I know Gipper considers, simply, a nincompoop who happens to have Tom Brady as his QB. NOBODY in the NFL feels that way. Beer-bender fans are just that - been bender fans.
How much to the Pats miss Jamie Collins?
If you want affection, I suggest you watch Lifetime Network.
If you want to understand what I said, I suggest you to read thoroughly what I said.
And repeat the process as many times as needed.
No need to say sorry.
If you want to understand what I said, I suggest you to read thoroughly what I said.
And repeat the process as many times as needed.
No need to say sorry.
Don't be a jackass, Nero. I might have misinterpreted your intent. Maybe your statement was elusive or misleading.
Either way, I don't care.
-
Belichick has always been famous for releasing and trading important players from NE, just when you'd expect him to keep them. He's a cold man who runs the business showing little or no affection to his players, which allows him to pull the trigger off if needed.
No true. Even if it were true - so what. This is NOT about affection. Sheesh.
Belichick has traded 'apparent' top line players a year or two early rather than a year or two late. He has players in the wings that can step right in. That is exactly what he wanted to do with the likes of Michael Dean Perry.
I know Gipper considers BB to be, simply, a nincompoop who happens to have Tom Brady as his QB. NOBODY in the NFL feels that way. Beer-bender fans are just that - been bender fans.
How much to the Pats miss Jamie Collins?
If you want affection, I suggest you watch Lifetime Network.
No true. Even if it were true - so what. This is NOT about affection. Sheesh.
Belichick has traded 'apparent' top line players a year or two early rather than a year or two late. He has players in the wings that can step right in. That is exactly what he wanted to do with the likes of Michael Dean Perry.
I know Gipper considers BB to be, simply, a nincompoop who happens to have Tom Brady as his QB. NOBODY in the NFL feels that way. Beer-bender fans are just that - been bender fans.
How much to the Pats miss Jamie Collins?
If you want affection, I suggest you watch Lifetime Network.
No...you have not read my stuff. I said that Belichick is a good coach who could have his teams in playoff contention regularly. I said that it is Brady that makes them a Champion.
And if you don't believe that then it is YOU who are the nimcompoop.
-
No true. Even if it were true - so what. This is NOT about affection. Sheesh.
Belichick has traded 'apparent' top line players a year or two early rather than a year or two late. He has players in the wings that can step right in. That is exactly what he wanted to do with the likes of Michael Dean Perry.
I know Gipper considers BB to be, simply, a nincompoop who happens to have Tom Brady as his QB. NOBODY in the NFL feels that way. Beer-bender fans are just that - been bender fans.
How much to the Pats miss Jamie Collins?
If you want affection, I suggest you watch Lifetime Network.
No...you have not read my stuff. I said that Belichick is a good coach who could have his teams in playoff contention regularly. I said that it is Brady that makes them a Champion.
And if you don't believe that then it is YOU who are the nimcompoop.
-
Arguably, BB is the best coach in. NFL history
We can agree to disagree.
I will paraphrase James Brown:
He would be nothing, nothing, not one little thing without (Tom Brady)
Actually, he wouldn't be nothing. He would be like Andy Reid....
-
I'm calling BS. Bill B would send his mom to the Browns for the right offer. He could care less.
Thanks, man.
Belichick has always been famous for releasing and trading important players from NE, just when you'd expect him to keep them. He's a cold man who runs the business showing little or no affection to his players, which allows him to pull the trigger off if needed.
That's why I don't buy the 'they traded Garoppolo to SF make him good' Sheet. They traded him there because they were running out of time to get something in exchange for Garoppolo, as he is going to be FA in 2019 and they couldn't afford both Brady's and Garoppolo's new contract. And because there was no time, they didn't call Cleveland, which already offered a 2nd round for him in April, and had drafted Kizer because the Pats didn't accept the deal. And why didn't they call the Browns? Well, if you force a team that offered you a 2nd round, to use that round pick (I know it was not exactly the same pick, but helps to understand my point) in a rookie QB -Kizer-, if you come 6 months later, in midseason, asking for a deal, they will surely offer you less. EVERYONE would offer you less than before.
Therefore, instead of getting in long negotiations with the Browns, they opted to directly call the 49ers instead, so they could get the deal done really fast.
Bill's the best... Tom's the best. It's called symbioses...
Belichick has always been famous for releasing and trading important players from NE, just when you'd expect him to keep them. He's a cold man who runs the business showing little or no affection to his players, which allows him to pull the trigger off if needed.
Missed this earlier... I'll disagree to this extent.
I think Bill has true affection for his players. I have seen this in his in- and post-game reactions to their play. I have seen him show affection in the moment. He simply does not allow his feelings to enter into his decision process when it comes to what's best for the team.
-
Bill's the best... Tom's the best. It's called symbioses...
Belichick has always been famous for releasing and trading important players from NE, just when you'd expect him to keep them. He's a cold man who runs the business showing little or no affection to his players, which allows him to pull the trigger off if needed.
Missed this earlier... I'll disagree to this extent.
I think Bill has true affection for his players. I have seen this in his in- and post-game reactions to their play. I have seen him show affection in the moment. He simply does not allow his feelings to enter into his decision process when it comes to what's best for the team.
Bill's the best... Tom's the best. It's called symbioses...
Missed this earlier... I'll disagree to this extent.
I think Bill has true affection for his players. I have seen this in his in- and post-game reactions to their play. I have seen him show affection in the moment. He simply does not allow his feelings to enter into his decision process when it comes to what's best for the team.
Well, I don't imagine him being really Emperor Palpatine as many people have jokingly pointed out, but what I said is that I don't buy that they traded Garoppolo to SF to 'make him good'. All the moves he does are to get the best for his team, not to do any favor to any of his players.
-
Bill's the best... Tom's the best. It's called symbioses...
Missed this earlier... I'll disagree to this extent.
I think Bill has true affection for his players. I have seen this in his in- and post-game reactions to their play. I have seen him show affection in the moment. He simply does not allow his feelings to enter into his decision process when it comes to what's best for the team.
Well, I don't imagine him being really Emperor Palpatine as many people have jokingly pointed out, but what I said is that I don't buy that they traded Garoppolo to SF to 'make him good'. All the moves he does are to get the best for his team, not to do any favor to any of his players.
Well, I don't imagine him being really Emperor Palpatine as many people have jokingly pointed out, but what I said is that I don't buy that they traded Garoppolo to SF to 'make him good'. All the moves he does are to get the best for his team, not to do any favor to any of his players.
He got the best he could do. What did he get? A 2d round pick out of SFO? For a guy that in theory may only play 5-6 games for the Niners. If GPO wants to go FA and switch teams, he can. Bill wanted him out of the AFC with the best deal he could get...and SFO gave it to him. Could he re-up with SFO to make it worthwhile......but would that be the case if GPO goes?
-
Arguably, BB is the best coach in. NFL history
We can agree to disagree.
I will paraphrase James Brown:
He would be nothing, nothing, not one little thing without (Tom Brady)
Actually, he wouldn't be nothing. He would be like Andy Reid....
He would be nothing, nothing, not one little thing without (Tom Brady)
Actually, he wouldn't be nothing. He would be like Andy Reid....
Well, Gip, we all have one.
Prove what you say. I say he is one of the best coaches in NFL history - if not THE best. I have objective measures. You have ONE, like the rest of us.
-
Bill is Croatian. He is the best coach in history.
-
He would be nothing, nothing, not one little thing without (Tom Brady)
Actually, he wouldn't be nothing. He would be like Andy Reid....
Well, Gip, we all have one.
Prove what you say. I say he is one of the best coaches in NFL history - if not THE best. I have objective measures. You have ONE, like the rest of us.
Well, Gip, we all have one.
Prove what you say. I say he is one of the best coaches in NFL history - if not THE best. I have objective measures. You have ONE, like the rest of us.
You want an "objective measure"? Try counting how many winning seasons he has had WITHOUT Tom Brady as his primary starting QB.
I will save you the time: He has 2 seasons with a winning record....and 5 seasons with a losing record.
He has ONE post season playoff win in which Tom Brady was not his starting QB. (He is 1-1 without Brady in the postseason)
So....like I said, he is a good coach and would probably have his team contending some for playoff spots.
Tom Brady has made him a Champion.
-
Compare him to Joe Gibbs....who I think was a far better coach.
Joe Gibbs won 3 Super Bowls, all with different QBs. One with Theisman(also lost one with him). One with Rypien, One with Doug Williams.
THAT is a superior coach.
-
Compare him to Joe Gibbs....who I think was a far better coach.
Joe Gibbs won 3 Super Bowls, all with different QBs. One with Theisman(also lost one with him). One with Rypien, One with Doug Williams.
THAT is a superior coach.
Compare him to Joe Gibbs....who I think was a far better coach.
Joe Gibbs won 3 Super Bowls, all with different QBs. One with Theisman(also lost one with him). One with Rypien, One with Doug Williams.
THAT is a superior coach.
Gibbs is one of the best, tool Maybe better, based on your select criteria.
Using Belichek's record in Cleveland is foolhardy.
He inherited a horrible team - not as bad as this one, but a horrible team. Not too many coaches are hired to coach Good teams. Granted, he blew some early draft picks - the G he drafted in the 2nd round his first draft and Touchdown Tommy Vardell the following year.
Then, when he got them to Good - maybe SB contention - the already-crumbling organization became more visible. The team had no money, the players were thinking about picking up their families and moving, etc.
It was just a couple of years ago that - except for the QB position - the Browns had a stronger roster than the Patriots.
Not sure if you're a Trial Attorney but you do sound a bit like '12 Angry Men'
-
Compare him to Joe Gibbs....who I think was a far better coach.
Joe Gibbs won 3 Super Bowls, all with different QBs. One with Theisman(also lost one with him). One with Rypien, One with Doug Williams.
THAT is a superior coach.
Gibbs is one of the best, tool Maybe better, based on your select criteria.
Using Belichek's record in Cleveland is foolhardy.
He inherited a horrible team - not as bad as this one, but a horrible team. Not too many coaches are hired to coach Good teams. Granted, he blew some early draft picks - the G he drafted in the 2nd round his first draft and Touchdown Tommy Vardell the following year.
Then, when he got them to Good - maybe SB contention - the already-crumbling organization became more visible. The team had no money, the players were thinking about picking up their families and moving, etc.
It was just a couple of years ago that - except for the QB position - the Browns had a stronger roster than the Patriots.
Not sure if you're a Trial Attorney but you do sound a bit like '12 Angry Men'
Gibbs is one of the best, tool Maybe better, based on your select criteria.
Using Belichek's record in Cleveland is foolhardy.
He inherited a horrible team - not as bad as this one, but a horrible team. Not too many coaches are hired to coach Good teams. Granted, he blew some early draft picks - the G he drafted in the 2nd round his first draft and Touchdown Tommy Vardell the following year.
He inherited a team that was just ONE year from having won a division title. NOT using his Cleveland record is foolhardy....because it demonstrates the kind of coach he is without Brady.
And, its NOT like he was here just one year...he was here 5 years.....longer than any coach we have had since. He had 4 losing seasons in 5 years.
Then, when he got them to Good - maybe SB contention - the already-crumbling organization became more visible. The team had no money, the players were thinking about picking up their families and moving, etc.
Well...if you want to attribute SOME blame on Art Modell...well, yes. But BB was here for 4 years without the threat of the "move". And yes, he was building....and again, I repeat....he is a good coach that can field a playoff contending team...but he is sub .500 overall without a guy named Brady playing for him. Brady makes him a champion.
It was just a couple of years ago that - except for the QB position - the Browns had a stronger roster than the Patriots.
Do you want to repeat that? Did you say that but for Brady....the Browns had a stronger roster than the Pats just two years ago? Well first off...you are going to have to explain and expound upon that. Beyond that.....that statement then just supports my position...that it is Brady that is THE main cog in anything the Pats have done over these years.
Not sure if you're a Trial Attorney but you do sound a bit like '12 Angry Men'
I am a trial magistrate...at times. And what I go by are facts and evidence. And all the facts and evidence point in the direction of my argument.
-
Gibbs is one of the best, tool Maybe better, based on your select criteria.
Using Belichek's record in Cleveland is foolhardy.
He inherited a horrible team - not as bad as this one, but a horrible team. Not too many coaches are hired to coach Good teams. Granted, he blew some early draft picks - the G he drafted in the 2nd round his first draft and Touchdown Tommy Vardell the following year.
He inherited a team that was just ONE year from having won a division title. NOT using his Cleveland record is foolhardy....because it demonstrates the kind of coach he is without Brady.
And, its NOT like he was here just one year...he was here 5 years.....longer than any coach we have had since. He had 4 losing seasons in 5 years.
Then, when he got them to Good - maybe SB contention - the already-crumbling organization became more visible. The team had no money, the players were thinking about picking up their families and moving, etc.
Well...if you want to attribute SOME blame on Art Modell...well, yes. But BB was here for 4 years without the threat of the "move". And yes, he was building....and again, I repeat....he is a good coach that can field a playoff contending team...but he is sub .500 overall without a guy named Brady playing for him. Brady makes him a champion.
It was just a couple of years ago that - except for the QB position - the Browns had a stronger roster than the Patriots.
Do you want to repeat that? Did you say that but for Brady....the Browns had a stronger roster than the Pats just two years ago? Well first off...you are going to have to explain and expound upon that. Beyond that.....that statement then just supports my position...that it is Brady that is THE main cog in anything the Pats have done over these years.
Not sure if you're a Trial Attorney but you do sound a bit like '12 Angry Men'
I am a trial magistrate...at times. And what I go by are facts and evidence. And all the facts and evidence point in the direction of my argument.
Do you want to repeat that? Did you say that but for Brady....the Browns had a stronger roster than the Pats just two years ago? Well first off...you are going to have to explain and expound upon that. Beyond that.....that statement then just supports my position...that it is Brady that is THE main cog in anything the Pats have done over these years.
I don't need to explain anything, Gip. That was your mantra not too long ago.
It shows that prejudice clouds your judgment
You probably don't like BB because he waived BK. Who knows.
PS What distinguishes a Magistrate from an Attorney - serious question.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login