Skip to content

I rooted for the Steelers and they choked like a Bitch

The Browns Board
90 24 2.7k 1
  • W wargograw wrote on last edited by
    #66

    A. Either cancel them or stop complaining. 

    B. Even if you are "wasting" your money on the seats, no one's putting a gun to your head forcing you to go to the games. 

    All I see the tickets doing is making you miserable. Why continue that?

  • @tinythinker said:

    Well whoever people are rooting for the Steelers have slowed down the Pats' offense a bit with the defensive changes so far. Game will be close.

    As for Ghoolies point, is it that Browns fans are too complacent or that Browns fans are unworthy? Because by that logic if the fans all boycott the team would move, so, being complacent is what would be keeping them in Cleveland. Hence the Browns would always be losers in Cleveland. Is that the point or did I get lost in that rabbit hole?

    Good take on my thread. Here are my feelings. I believe that for a variety of reasons, including years of influence of guys like Deiken, Brown and Kosar upon unsavvy owners this franchise has a culture that believes the attention should be placed on the OL, defense, trading away high picks for many low picks, and purposely avoiding to participate in drafting of of top offensive playmakers.

    This is the exact opposite of how Paul Brown built his Browns. Sadly, the fan base supports and believes in this.

    The new GM is Phil Sewage reincarnated. NOTHING WILL CHANGE IN 2018. Just watch.

    I want to see the Browns fold. I want to see the name lost forever and football removed from the city of Cleveland. I really do. Honestly.

    This is a charade. You know it and so does everyone else. The entire franchise is a marketing gimmick that exploited the love a team, an era that is no more.

    All this nostalgic pathology is doing is making a bigger joke of what was once the best brand in the NFL.

    Enough already. End this abomination. 

    B browns52 wrote on last edited by
    #67

    @ghoolie said:

    Good take on my thread. Here are my feelings. I believe that for a variety of reasons, including years of influence of guys like Deiken, Brown and Kosar upon unsavvy owners this franchise has a culture that believes the attention should be placed on the OL, defense, trading away high picks for many low picks, and purposely avoiding to participate in drafting of of top offensive playmakers.

    This is the exact opposite of how Paul Brown built his Browns. Sadly, the fan base supports and believes in this.

    The new GM is Phil Sewage reincarnated. NOTHING WILL CHANGE IN 2018. Just watch.

    I want to see the Browns fold. I want to see the name lost forever and football removed from the city of Cleveland. I really do. Honestly.

    This is a charade. You know it and so does everyone else. The entire franchise is a marketing gimmick that exploited the love a team, an era that is no more.

    All this nostalgic pathology is doing is making a bigger joke of what was once the best brand in the NFL.

    Enough already. End this abomination.

    the shitstain browns are a ponzi scheme....period...they are the worse franachise in the history of the nfl...i have to laugh,...it looks like per the stadium attendance as they pan the camera around, that alot of folks are starting to get it...all you see and hear by mid fourth qtr are a few drunken dopes booing the team...what a Shmucking disaster they have become...Shmucking sandlot players and stupid Shmucking drunken fans freezing their stupid asses off...heheheheee...

  • A. Either cancel them or stop complaining. 

    B. Even if you are "wasting" your money on the seats, no one's putting a gun to your head forcing you to go to the games. 

    All I see the tickets doing is making you miserable. Why continue that?

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by hoorta
    #68

    @wargograw said:

    A. Either cancel them or stop complaining. 

    B. Even if you are "wasting" your money on the seats, no one's putting a gun to your head forcing you to go to the games. 

    All I see the tickets doing is making you miserable. Why continue that?

    You are freaking clueless. Told you already- you don't cancel the seats because they're for the next generation. When the Browns are playing great, you can sell seats in our section for 2.5X face value, to show you the current level of suckage- for the Ravens game you were getting 30 cents on the dollar, if you could even unload them at any price. Season ticket holders in our class are the most loyal fans out there. There's thousands of folks in the primo sections who outrank us in seniority,  their grandparents were season ticket holders from day one.  I'll complain all I want to about the crap product.  & if you don't like it, then put me on ignore. You're probably the type of person who wouldn't complain to the manager when you got lousy service or a $hitty meal at a restaraunt. The complaining will stop, I'd guess in the unlikely event we ever get to 8-8 in the foreseeable future. The Browns certainly know how I feel after we blast them in our annual "season ticket holder satisfaction survey". 

    EDIT: Here's something else for you to consider War. PSL 100 level sideline (like mine are) are an asset. Doubt me? take a look here: mouse over the sections.  http://www.pslsource.com/buy_cleveland_browns_psl/ Nobody, never, ever justs walks away from them unless they're brain damaged. Know anything about the stock market? I could put my PSLs up for sale, and I'd be selling out at the absolute bottom of the market. Not very bright. 

  • @wargograw said:

    A. Either cancel them or stop complaining. 

    B. Even if you are "wasting" your money on the seats, no one's putting a gun to your head forcing you to go to the games. 

    All I see the tickets doing is making you miserable. Why continue that?

    You are freaking clueless. Told you already- you don't cancel the seats because they're for the next generation. When the Browns are playing great, you can sell seats in our section for 2.5X face value, to show you the current level of suckage- for the Ravens game you were getting 30 cents on the dollar, if you could even unload them at any price. Season ticket holders in our class are the most loyal fans out there. There's thousands of folks in the primo sections who outrank us in seniority,  their grandparents were season ticket holders from day one.  I'll complain all I want to about the crap product.  & if you don't like it, then put me on ignore. You're probably the type of person who wouldn't complain to the manager when you got lousy service or a $hitty meal at a restaraunt. The complaining will stop, I'd guess in the unlikely event we ever get to 8-8 in the foreseeable future. The Browns certainly know how I feel after we blast them in our annual "season ticket holder satisfaction survey". 

    EDIT: Here's something else for you to consider War. PSL 100 level sideline (like mine are) are an asset. Doubt me? take a look here: mouse over the sections.  http://www.pslsource.com/buy_cleveland_browns_psl/ Nobody, never, ever justs walks away from them unless they're brain damaged. Know anything about the stock market? I could put my PSLs up for sale, and I'd be selling out at the absolute bottom of the market. Not very bright. 

    GhoolieG Ghoolie wrote on last edited by
    #69

    @hoorta said:

    You are freaking clueless. Told you already- you don't cancel the seats because they're for the next generation. When the Browns are playing great, you can sell seats in our section for 2.5X face value, to show you the current level of suckage- for the Ravens game you were getting 30 cents on the dollar, if you could even unload them at any price. Season ticket holders in our class are the most loyal fans out there. There's thousands of folks in the primo sections who outrank us in seniority,  their grandparents were season ticket holders from day one.  I'll complain all I want to about the crap product.  & if you don't like it, then put me on ignore. You're probably the type of person who wouldn't complain to the manager when you got lousy service or a $hitty meal at a restaraunt. The complaining will stop, I'd guess in the unlikely event we ever get to 8-8 in the foreseeable future. The Browns certainly know how I feel after we blast them in our annual "season ticket holder satisfaction survey". 

    EDIT: Here's something else for you to consider War. PSL 100 level sideline (like mine are) are an asset. Doubt me? take a look here: mouse over the sections.  http://www.pslsource.com/buy_cleveland_browns_psl/ Nobody, never, ever justs walks away from them unless they're brain damaged. Know anything about the stock market? I could put my PSLs up for sale, and I'd be selling out at the absolute bottom of the market. Not very bright. 

    Larry,

    not speaking out of school, but in your defense. For years I used to put my students into Lo Duca accordions. They were functionally great but had one feature that kept them from being great. So, because I could afford it, I would modify the instrument to make me happy. I complain to this day about why the now defunct company did this. It was my money, my time, so I reserved the right to beach about it. Same deal with your tickets. The damned team is legend and you want people you love to hopefully one day enjoy what you did.

    Whether or not the Browns ever turn it around, is not even the issue. It's the Browns. You just don't give your ducats up.

  • VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by Vagitron
    #70

    Choked? Jesse James scored a touchdown first and foremost. Knee down, full possession and then he extends after possession for the plane and crosses it. There is a reason some of the talking heads are going nuts over it. Now for the fake spike eli Roger's was open before his jersey was grabbed RIGHT in front of the red which lead to the tip and the int. There was no choking. The steelers were robbed.

  • Choked? Jesse James scored a touchdown first and foremost. Knee down, full possession and then he extends after possession for the plane and crosses it. There is a reason some of the talking heads are going nuts over it. Now for the fake spike eli Roger's was open before his jersey was grabbed RIGHT in front of the red which lead to the tip and the int. There was no choking. The steelers were robbed.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #71

    @vagitron said:

    Choked? Jesse James scored a touchdown first and foremost. Knee down, full possession and then he extends after possession for the plane and crosses it. There is a reason some of the talking heads are going nuts over it. Now for the fake spike eli Roger's was open before his jersey was grabbed RIGHT in front of the red which lead to the tip and the int. There was no choking. The steelers were robbed.

    EVERY  talking head I have heard said the refs got the call right on that play.  ESPN, Fox, NBC etc.  (maybe not the ones in Peetown...but all the national outlets did). They said they didn't particularly like that rule...but they said that the call was correct.

    And I don't know about that play in the int.  Didn't see it clearly enough.

    Nevertheless...no one is crying for yinzers, as yinz are usually the ones getting those calls.   So, as I said above, if it has been 500-0 in favor of the Squibs, it is now 500-1 in their favor. 

  • Choked? Jesse James scored a touchdown first and foremost. Knee down, full possession and then he extends after possession for the plane and crosses it. There is a reason some of the talking heads are going nuts over it. Now for the fake spike eli Roger's was open before his jersey was grabbed RIGHT in front of the red which lead to the tip and the int. There was no choking. The steelers were robbed.

    C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #72

    @vagitron said:

    Choked? Jesse James scored a touchdown first and foremost. Knee down, full possession and then he extends after possession for the plane and crosses it. There is a reason some of the talking heads are going nuts over it. Now for the fake spike eli Roger's was open before his jersey was grabbed RIGHT in front of the red which lead to the tip and the int. There was no choking. The steelers were robbed.

    lol. seriously? he did not keep the ball stable as he rolled over. that is the rule. Of course, the stinking squealers don't like rules - they

    break them every chance if they want to win, especially when the chips were down. Twice you db had his hand(s) with big yellow gloves in the facemask of a receiver, and neither time was pi called. I mean, the db was facing right into the face of the wr, and does that, and NO CALL ? SERIOUSLY? now you mad, bro?

    "der"

  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #73

    Damn folks, I'll try my best to give a history lesson, and many of you posting on this thread may remember this crap.For the record, I HATE replay as an officiating tool, but it's been implemented due to several of these historical plays:

    • Immaculate Reception (Pitt vs Oakland AFC Semi Final, 1972)
    • Holy Roller (Oak vs San Diego, 1978)
    • Renfro Was In (Hou vs Pitt, AFC Championship 1980)
    • Rob Lytle's Fumble (Denver vs Oakland, AFC Championship, 1977)
    • Karlis Missed (Cle vs Denver, 1986 AFC Championship)

    Denver and Pittsburgh have benefited at least twice from erroneous calls in big games. Oakland has been the victim quite a few times (include that crappy Tuck Rule vs the Pats).

    Footnote: Gronkowski should have never been allowed to play Sunday, or even the rest of the season IMHO. If he was a Brown, Raider, Lion, or Bill, he's suspended for sure. Isn't it ironic Pitt couldn't stop him? 

    Something tells me that Pitt will get a few calls their way in the 2017 AFC Championship vs the Pats. Of course, Jacksonville might have a say so, but I doubt it. Relax Steeler fans, Rozelle, Tagliabue, and Goodell have your back.

  • Damn folks, I'll try my best to give a history lesson, and many of you posting on this thread may remember this crap.For the record, I HATE replay as an officiating tool, but it's been implemented due to several of these historical plays:

    • Immaculate Reception (Pitt vs Oakland AFC Semi Final, 1972)
    • Holy Roller (Oak vs San Diego, 1978)
    • Renfro Was In (Hou vs Pitt, AFC Championship 1980)
    • Rob Lytle's Fumble (Denver vs Oakland, AFC Championship, 1977)
    • Karlis Missed (Cle vs Denver, 1986 AFC Championship)

    Denver and Pittsburgh have benefited at least twice from erroneous calls in big games. Oakland has been the victim quite a few times (include that crappy Tuck Rule vs the Pats).

    Footnote: Gronkowski should have never been allowed to play Sunday, or even the rest of the season IMHO. If he was a Brown, Raider, Lion, or Bill, he's suspended for sure. Isn't it ironic Pitt couldn't stop him? 

    Something tells me that Pitt will get a few calls their way in the 2017 AFC Championship vs the Pats. Of course, Jacksonville might have a say so, but I doubt it. Relax Steeler fans, Rozelle, Tagliabue, and Goodell have your back.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #74

    @bob806 said:

    Damn folks, I'll try my best to give a history lesson, and many of you posting on this thread may remember this crap.For the record, I HATE replay as an officiating tool, but it's been implemented due to several of these historical plays:

    • Immaculate Reception (Pitt vs Oakland AFC Semi Final, 1972)
    • Holy Roller (Oak vs San Diego, 1978)
    • Renfro Was In (Hou vs Pitt, AFC Championship 1980)
    • Rob Lytle's Fumble (Denver vs Oakland, AFC Championship, 1977)
    • Karlis Missed (Cle vs Denver, 1986 AFC Championship)

    Denver and Pittsburgh have benefited at least twice from erroneous calls in big games. Oakland has been the victim quite a few times (include that crappy Tuck Rule vs the Pats).

    Footnote: Gronkowski should have never been allowed to play Sunday, or even the rest of the season IMHO. If he was a Brown, Raider, Lion, or Bill, he's suspended for sure. Isn't it ironic Pitt couldn't stop him? 

    Something tells me that Pitt will get a few calls their way in the 2017 AFC Championship vs the Pats. Of course, Jacksonville might have a say so, but I doubt it. Relax Steeler fans, Rozelle, Tagliabue, and Goodell have your back.

    The Karlis kick likely would not have been overturned...I don't think to this day they allow reviews on kicks, do they?  Maybe they do....as remember the Phil Dawson kick that hit the stanchion.   The think about that Karlis kick though was that they just needed a taller goal post...which I think they do have now, no?

  • @bob806 said:

    Damn folks, I'll try my best to give a history lesson, and many of you posting on this thread may remember this crap.For the record, I HATE replay as an officiating tool, but it's been implemented due to several of these historical plays:

    • Immaculate Reception (Pitt vs Oakland AFC Semi Final, 1972)
    • Holy Roller (Oak vs San Diego, 1978)
    • Renfro Was In (Hou vs Pitt, AFC Championship 1980)
    • Rob Lytle's Fumble (Denver vs Oakland, AFC Championship, 1977)
    • Karlis Missed (Cle vs Denver, 1986 AFC Championship)

    Denver and Pittsburgh have benefited at least twice from erroneous calls in big games. Oakland has been the victim quite a few times (include that crappy Tuck Rule vs the Pats).

    Footnote: Gronkowski should have never been allowed to play Sunday, or even the rest of the season IMHO. If he was a Brown, Raider, Lion, or Bill, he's suspended for sure. Isn't it ironic Pitt couldn't stop him? 

    Something tells me that Pitt will get a few calls their way in the 2017 AFC Championship vs the Pats. Of course, Jacksonville might have a say so, but I doubt it. Relax Steeler fans, Rozelle, Tagliabue, and Goodell have your back.

    The Karlis kick likely would not have been overturned...I don't think to this day they allow reviews on kicks, do they?  Maybe they do....as remember the Phil Dawson kick that hit the stanchion.   The think about that Karlis kick though was that they just needed a taller goal post...which I think they do have now, no?

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #75

    @the-gipper said:

    The Karlis kick likely would not have been overturned...I don't think to this day they allow reviews on kicks, do they?  Maybe they do....as remember the Phil Dawson kick that hit the stanchion.   The think about that Karlis kick though was that they just needed a taller goal post...which I think they do have now, no?

    Correct, they don't review kicks...I just need to "let it out" once in awhile because it was no good. I do think the posts are taller, but I'm not sure how much.

    My other rant, somewhat related is that officiating has deteriorated with the origin of replay. 

    The catch rule is so damn stupid. Besides this Jesse James play, there was a Thursday night game, Arizona vs Seattle a few weeks ago, where the Cardinals RB caught a pass out of the backfield, took 6 or 7 steps, fell to the ground, and they ruled it "incomplete."  Then you have the Dez Bryant catch (spectacular by the way) vs Green Bay in the playoffs that was over turned, and the Megatron TD catch that got overturned as well. I'm sure there are many other examples.

  • @the-gipper said:

    The Karlis kick likely would not have been overturned...I don't think to this day they allow reviews on kicks, do they?  Maybe they do....as remember the Phil Dawson kick that hit the stanchion.   The think about that Karlis kick though was that they just needed a taller goal post...which I think they do have now, no?

    Correct, they don't review kicks...I just need to "let it out" once in awhile because it was no good. I do think the posts are taller, but I'm not sure how much.

    My other rant, somewhat related is that officiating has deteriorated with the origin of replay. 

    The catch rule is so damn stupid. Besides this Jesse James play, there was a Thursday night game, Arizona vs Seattle a few weeks ago, where the Cardinals RB caught a pass out of the backfield, took 6 or 7 steps, fell to the ground, and they ruled it "incomplete."  Then you have the Dez Bryant catch (spectacular by the way) vs Green Bay in the playoffs that was over turned, and the Megatron TD catch that got overturned as well. I'm sure there are many other examples.

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #76

    @bob806 said:

    The catch rule is so damn stupid. Besides this Jesse James play, there was a Thursday night game, Arizona vs Seattle a few weeks ago, where the Cardinals RB caught a pass out of the backfield, took 6 or 7 steps, fell to the ground, and they ruled it "incomplete."  Then you have the Dez Bryant catch (spectacular by the way) vs Green Bay in the playoffs that was over turned, and the Megatron TD catch that got overturned as well. I'm sure there are many other examples.

    Catch rule is stupid but the way it was called against pisspuke is the same way it's called all day long in every game.   I don't like the rule, but that's the way it's called the great majority of the time.

  • @vagitron said:

    Choked? Jesse James scored a touchdown first and foremost. Knee down, full possession and then he extends after possession for the plane and crosses it. There is a reason some of the talking heads are going nuts over it. Now for the fake spike eli Roger's was open before his jersey was grabbed RIGHT in front of the red which lead to the tip and the int. There was no choking. The steelers were robbed.

    EVERY  talking head I have heard said the refs got the call right on that play.  ESPN, Fox, NBC etc.  (maybe not the ones in Peetown...but all the national outlets did). They said they didn't particularly like that rule...but they said that the call was correct.

    And I don't know about that play in the int.  Didn't see it clearly enough.

    Nevertheless...no one is crying for yinzers, as yinz are usually the ones getting those calls.   So, as I said above, if it has been 500-0 in favor of the Squibs, it is now 500-1 in their favor. 

    VagitronV Vagitron wrote on last edited by
    #77

    @the-gipper said:

    EVERY  talking head I have heard said the refs got the call right on that play.  ESPN, Fox, NBC etc.  (maybe not the ones in Peetown...but all the national outlets did). They said they didn't particularly like that rule...but they said that the call was correct.

    And I don't know about that play in the int.  Didn't see it clearly enough.

    Nevertheless...no one is crying for yinzers, as yinz are usually the ones getting those calls.   So, as I said above, if it has been 500-0 in favor of the Squibs, it is now 500-1 in their favor. 

    Who are you watching? I've seen in the last 12 hours both max Hellerman and skip Bayless say the steelers were robbed. I've seen Tony dungy be super critical of the ruling. His knee was down with possession of the ball. If it weren't a touchdown the ball at the very least should have been placed at the one because he was down with two feet and the extension was a separate move all together.  A football move so to speak.

  • Choked? Jesse James scored a touchdown first and foremost. Knee down, full possession and then he extends after possession for the plane and crosses it. There is a reason some of the talking heads are going nuts over it. Now for the fake spike eli Roger's was open before his jersey was grabbed RIGHT in front of the red which lead to the tip and the int. There was no choking. The steelers were robbed.

    The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #78

    @vagitron said:

    Choked? Jesse James scored a touchdown first and foremost. Knee down, full possession and then he extends after possession for the plane and crosses it. There is a reason some of the talking heads are going nuts over it. Now for the fake spike eli Roger's was open before his jersey was grabbed RIGHT in front of the red which lead to the tip and the int. There was no choking. The steelers were robbed.

    tenor (1).gif

  • The Cysko KidT The Cysko Kid wrote on last edited by
    #79

    lebron-james-wink.gif

  • @the-gipper said:

    EVERY  talking head I have heard said the refs got the call right on that play.  ESPN, Fox, NBC etc.  (maybe not the ones in Peetown...but all the national outlets did). They said they didn't particularly like that rule...but they said that the call was correct.

    And I don't know about that play in the int.  Didn't see it clearly enough.

    Nevertheless...no one is crying for yinzers, as yinz are usually the ones getting those calls.   So, as I said above, if it has been 500-0 in favor of the Squibs, it is now 500-1 in their favor. 

    Who are you watching? I've seen in the last 12 hours both max Hellerman and skip Bayless say the steelers were robbed. I've seen Tony dungy be super critical of the ruling. His knee was down with possession of the ball. If it weren't a touchdown the ball at the very least should have been placed at the one because he was down with two feet and the extension was a separate move all together.  A football move so to speak.

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #80

    @vagitron said:

    Who are you watching? I've seen in the last 12 hours both max Hellerman and skip Bayless say the steelers were robbed. I've seen Tony dungy be super critical of the ruling. His knee was down with possession of the ball. If it weren't a touchdown the ball at the very least should have been placed at the one because he was down with two feet and the extension was a separate move all together.  A football move so to speak.

    Dungy also said that since he wasn't touched, he wasn't technically down. And he went on to say "correct ruling, stupid rule."

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #81

    the dirtbag squealers demand the rules apply to other teams,,.... just not them.

  • @vagitron said:

    Choked? Jesse James scored a touchdown first and foremost. Knee down, full possession and then he extends after possession for the plane and crosses it. There is a reason some of the talking heads are going nuts over it. Now for the fake spike eli Roger's was open before his jersey was grabbed RIGHT in front of the red which lead to the tip and the int. There was no choking. The steelers were robbed.

    EVERY  talking head I have heard said the refs got the call right on that play.  ESPN, Fox, NBC etc.  (maybe not the ones in Peetown...but all the national outlets did). They said they didn't particularly like that rule...but they said that the call was correct.

    And I don't know about that play in the int.  Didn't see it clearly enough.

    Nevertheless...no one is crying for yinzers, as yinz are usually the ones getting those calls.   So, as I said above, if it has been 500-0 in favor of the Squibs, it is now 500-1 in their favor. 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #82

    @the-gipper said:

    EVERY  talking head I have heard said the refs got the call right on that play.  ESPN, Fox, NBC etc.  (maybe not the ones in Peetown...but all the national outlets did). They said they didn't particularly like that rule...but they said that the call was correct.

    And I don't know about that play in the int.  Didn't see it clearly enough.

    Nevertheless...no one is crying for yinzers, as yinz are usually the ones getting those calls.   So, as I said above, if it has been 500-0 in favor of the Squibs, it is now 500-1 in their favor. 

    finally saw the replay on NFLN  ball definitely moved, no catch. 

    @boo-fagley said:

    It will be changed next year.

    Every time the Steelers lose look for rule changes. Soon, all the refs will have to live in Pittsburgh to work a Steeler game.

    Exactly- Tomlin is on the competition committee. 

  • @bob806 said:

    The catch rule is so damn stupid. Besides this Jesse James play, there was a Thursday night game, Arizona vs Seattle a few weeks ago, where the Cardinals RB caught a pass out of the backfield, took 6 or 7 steps, fell to the ground, and they ruled it "incomplete."  Then you have the Dez Bryant catch (spectacular by the way) vs Green Bay in the playoffs that was over turned, and the Megatron TD catch that got overturned as well. I'm sure there are many other examples.

    Catch rule is stupid but the way it was called against pisspuke is the same way it's called all day long in every game.   I don't like the rule, but that's the way it's called the great majority of the time.

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #83

    @mark-o said:

    Catch rule is stupid but the way it was called against pisspuke is the same way it's called all day long in every game.   I don't like the rule, but that's the way it's called the great majority of the time.

    That's it. It was called as it's written. Whether or not you like the rule, it is what it is. They called it right. Stool fans jump out of basement windows in mass suicide attempt. Megatron and Dez say....go Pats..lol

  • Z Zombo wrote on last edited by
    #84

    otombradysego-owner-ofthe-pittsburgh-ste

  • @the-gipper said:

    EVERY  talking head I have heard said the refs got the call right on that play.  ESPN, Fox, NBC etc.  (maybe not the ones in Peetown...but all the national outlets did). They said they didn't particularly like that rule...but they said that the call was correct.

    And I don't know about that play in the int.  Didn't see it clearly enough.

    Nevertheless...no one is crying for yinzers, as yinz are usually the ones getting those calls.   So, as I said above, if it has been 500-0 in favor of the Squibs, it is now 500-1 in their favor. 

    Who are you watching? I've seen in the last 12 hours both max Hellerman and skip Bayless say the steelers were robbed. I've seen Tony dungy be super critical of the ruling. His knee was down with possession of the ball. If it weren't a touchdown the ball at the very least should have been placed at the one because he was down with two feet and the extension was a separate move all together.  A football move so to speak.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #85

    @vagitron said:

    Who are you watching?

    Did I stutter?  ESPN, FOX, NBC

    I've seen in the last 12 hours both max Hellerman and skip Bayless say the steelers were robbed. I've seen Tony dungy be super critical of the ruling. His knee was down with possession of the ball. If it weren't a touchdown the ball at the very least should have been placed at the one because he was down with two feet and the extension was a separate move all together.  A football move so to speak.

    But that is NOT the rule!  And Hellerman and Bayless and Dungy may not either know the rule....or like how it is being applied. 

    And like I said...why are you crying on here about it?  Are you freeking serious?  Nearly every one of these questionable calls goes the Steelers way.....so STFU...and don't worry...the refs will probably cheat on your behalf the next time...as they have done so so many times in the past.