Josh Rosen?
-
What's wrong with Josh Rosen?
About this time three years ago, I made a very similar thread-except instead of Rosen, I posed the question for Derek Carr. Let's start with the fact that anyone who watched the game yesterday and thinks in any way shape or form that Kizer is the dude is insane. I swear to God if I see one more red zone INT into double or triple coverage I may lose my mind.
With that being said, it's apparent to me that Dorsey is all hands on deck to draft a QB. There's some interesting prospects, but I can't understand for the life of me why Rosen isn't the clear cut number 1 pick. Literally the only knock on the guy is he says some short-sighted (albeit true) things to the media and that he rubs people the wrong way. Watching the guy play all I see is a franchise QB who checks off every single box you'd want. So I'm asking in all sincerity, why not Rosen? Why would any other QB even be considered?
About this time three years ago, I made a very similar thread-except instead of Rosen, I posed the question for Derek Carr. Let's start with the fact that anyone who watched the game yesterday and thinks in any way shape or form that Kizer is the dude is insane. I swear to God if I see one more red zone INT into double or triple coverage I may lose my mind.
With that being said, it's apparent to me that Dorsey is all hands on deck to draft a QB. There's some interesting prospects, but I can't understand for the life of me why Rosen isn't the clear cut number 1 pick. Literally the only knock on the guy is he says some short-sighted (albeit true) things to the media and that he rubs people the wrong way. Watching the guy play all I see is a franchise QB who checks off every single box you'd want. So I'm asking in all sincerity, why not Rosen? Why would any other QB even be considered?
Nothing is wrong with Rosen. He looks to be the one closest to being an NFL quarterback right out of the box, though others may have a higher ultimate upside. The points about the huge shoe deal that UCLA signed were well thought out and well stated, especially for a 21 year old. He seems pretty smart. I hear vague rumors that people don’t like him but that’s all. No arrests, no bad tweets, no failed drug tests, no domestic violence, no date rape incidents. Wore a rude headband critical of Trump, which will probably piss off some owners. Could be a ploy to drop far enough that a decent team takes him. Maybe there is a little ethnic bias against Rosen, I don’t know. Way way worse horse’s asses have been drafted than Rosen, at least from what I see of him.
If he did an Elway maneuver, sadly, I would not blame him. This is the LaBrea Tar Pits for quarterbacks.
-
I need to find the time stamp for that one pass against usc that exemplifies why he's the clear numero uno. He had a primary edge rusher bearing down on him and he pump faked it in the guys face which caused the rusher to hold up and jump to bat down the pass. Rosen then calmly completed to an underneath route that now had enough time tomcome free because of the pump fake.
Done. Sold. That kind of pocket cool is gard to come by in the nfl let alone college. I cant rem ever seeing a pro qb make that move but it had to have happened, rosens emulating somebody...maybe manning i dunno. But thats some cool hand luke schit i want in cleveland.
Also, so far rosen is the only obe ive seen take snaps under center. Maybe i just havent seen enough of the other guys but whenever i see highlights its always out of the gun. That should concern ALL OF U. We've been burned how many times by college shotgun savants that proceed to schit the bed pretty much immediately upon arrival to the nfl where they do this nifty thing called the I formation and u can do this other nifty thing where u fake the handoff drawing the lb'ers in then throwing over the top of them but infront of the secondary.
We had this pasty red head here in clev not too long ago that bever figured out how to drop balls over the lb'ers but infront of the coverage. And thats because those PA routes were rarely called for him in college
-
I can't stress how much I absolutely loathe the spread read/option offense.
I couldn't even imagine trying to be a scout nowadays, attempting to project offensive players to the NFL that come from that abortion of an offense. You got QBs who never call a play in a huddle, throw tons of bubble screens, have one read or half/field reads at most, WRs who run two routes, and OLinemen who are perpetually in pass block mentality who literally struggle at the pro level firing off the snap and driving DLinemen off the LOS in the run game because they never do it in college.
Why top-notch high school QBs don't en masse refuse to go to schools that run the spread and go to schools who still run a pro-style offense is beyond me. The spread offense dumbs down football.
-
If you guys would just admit "I recognize there are a zillion red flags around the kid, but he's so good I want him anyway," I'd respect the position. But to sit here and act like Rosen is the height of maturity and responsibility is absurd.
War, this is exactly the point I've been making a bunch in this thread. Yes, the kid isn't as clean as a whistle but his "indiscretions" break down to:
-Wearing a stupid hat
-Making an articulate point about an issue where many people agree, although maybe could have not been said at all.
-Defending his coach against a moron fan
Everything else is nothing but heresay unless you really want to buy into stillmotions "60 friends say he sucks" bullcrap. Tell me then, how is that "a zillion red flags"? It simply isn't, and has been noted it's hard knowing this objective reality to think people are against the kid because he's wealthy and outspoken. His coach has said he's respected on several occasions, and all the chatter about him is nothing but opinionated tabloid crap.
War, this is exactly the point I've been making a bunch in this thread. Yes, the kid isn't as clean as a whistle but his "indiscretions" break down to:
-Wearing a stupid hat
-Making an articulate point about an issue where many people agree, although maybe could have not been said at all.
-Defending his coach against a moron fan
Everything else is nothing but heresay unless you really want to buy into stillmotions "60 friends say he sucks" bullcrap. Tell me then, how is that "a zillion red flags"? It simply isn't, and has been noted it's hard knowing this objective reality to think people are against the kid because he's wealthy and outspoken. His coach has said he's respected on several occasions, and all the chatter about him is nothing but opinionated tabloid crap.
First off, you can always boil things down to make them sound better. For example, with Johnny you can say he just defended his friend at a bar, took money for autographs (oh wait you can't say that--never proven), and partied. Pretty much like any other college kid.
Secondly, we're talking about the sheer numbers of reports coming out on him, and there are plenty. You can dismiss them all, but at some point it should be overwhelming. I mean I tried to dismiss he first few reports about Bill Cosby, but at a certain point you just have to concede it's probably true.
You're the one promoting the conspiracy theory. You want to prove he's a head case? Have at it, hoss.
But it's your job to prove your assertion item by item, not just claim randomness.
You need to demonstrate verifiable EVENTS ---- not "i heard someone say something" or "Everyone knows he's" or "There's a zillion red flags".
Of course you don't mention any specific item that is said or any specific item that everyone knows or any specific red flag...... because all those lies fall apart under strict scrutiny.
I don't believe or personally spread gossip -- rather, I think gossip points solely at the person making the assertion as someone who's not trustworthy now or ever in the future.
The reason Schiano didn't get the UT job is because McQueary is good at lying....... not because of something Schiano did.
Alot of this is just speculation. I don't deny that. I went to one of the kid's games and all HIS fans hated him and cited how much the team hates him (or at least how much Rosen hated them). Yeah that's speculation. I didn't put the guys on record. I didn't film the comments. But they do jibe with what has been the general story on this kid for three years.
But nevertheless, you have article after article saying he's an a-hole and a tool and you guys want to sweep it under the rug as some Republican revenge campaign. Sweep it under the rug if you wish, but at least be honest about what you're doing.
I know some of you guys don't follow CFB very closely (it's really obvious), but none of this is new with Rosen. It always takes the NFL draft and non-CFB fans to purify a kid's record who everyone in the college scene knows is a punk.
Why would we admit something that we do not find to be true? But nice straw-man follow up...
Sure it's hyperbole, but it's not a total straw-man when we've go people saying stuff like "oh, this story (where he does something really dumb) just makes me like him more." "Oh this story where he punched his OL in the face is actually to his credit because it shows how competitive he is."
Again, yeah, it's hyperbole, but it's also the general trajectory of this board's commentary on him.
-
I predict that once rosen gets mega millions, he'll eat and hot tub his way out of the NFL like a river monster.
-
but if that doesn't happen (lol), I offer up this self help site to help fans of his new team put up with him:
https://lifehacker.com/how-to-deal-with-chronic-complainers-1668185689
-
So the kid’s skipping his bowl game, like all the other homos. But yeah, total team player. Everyone loves him. Committed to winning.
-
War, this is exactly the point I've been making a bunch in this thread. Yes, the kid isn't as clean as a whistle but his "indiscretions" break down to:
-Wearing a stupid hat
-Making an articulate point about an issue where many people agree, although maybe could have not been said at all.
-Defending his coach against a moron fan
Everything else is nothing but heresay unless you really want to buy into stillmotions "60 friends say he sucks" bullcrap. Tell me then, how is that "a zillion red flags"? It simply isn't, and has been noted it's hard knowing this objective reality to think people are against the kid because he's wealthy and outspoken. His coach has said he's respected on several occasions, and all the chatter about him is nothing but opinionated tabloid crap.
First off, you can always boil things down to make them sound better. For example, with Johnny you can say he just defended his friend at a bar, took money for autographs (oh wait you can't say that--never proven), and partied. Pretty much like any other college kid.
Secondly, we're talking about the sheer numbers of reports coming out on him, and there are plenty. You can dismiss them all, but at some point it should be overwhelming. I mean I tried to dismiss he first few reports about Bill Cosby, but at a certain point you just have to concede it's probably true.
You're the one promoting the conspiracy theory. You want to prove he's a head case? Have at it, hoss.
But it's your job to prove your assertion item by item, not just claim randomness.
You need to demonstrate verifiable EVENTS ---- not "i heard someone say something" or "Everyone knows he's" or "There's a zillion red flags".
Of course you don't mention any specific item that is said or any specific item that everyone knows or any specific red flag...... because all those lies fall apart under strict scrutiny.
I don't believe or personally spread gossip -- rather, I think gossip points solely at the person making the assertion as someone who's not trustworthy now or ever in the future.
The reason Schiano didn't get the UT job is because McQueary is good at lying....... not because of something Schiano did.
Alot of this is just speculation. I don't deny that. I went to one of the kid's games and all HIS fans hated him and cited how much the team hates him (or at least how much Rosen hated them). Yeah that's speculation. I didn't put the guys on record. I didn't film the comments. But they do jibe with what has been the general story on this kid for three years.
But nevertheless, you have article after article saying he's an a-hole and a tool and you guys want to sweep it under the rug as some Republican revenge campaign. Sweep it under the rug if you wish, but at least be honest about what you're doing.
I know some of you guys don't follow CFB very closely (it's really obvious), but none of this is new with Rosen. It always takes the NFL draft and non-CFB fans to purify a kid's record who everyone in the college scene knows is a punk.
Why would we admit something that we do not find to be true? But nice straw-man follow up...
Sure it's hyperbole, but it's not a total straw-man when we've go people saying stuff like "oh, this story (where he does something really dumb) just makes me like him more." "Oh this story where he punched his OL in the face is actually to his credit because it shows how competitive he is."
Again, yeah, it's hyperbole, but it's also the general trajectory of this board's commentary on him.
but at least be honest about what you're doing.
You first.
I acknowledge your admission that you've got no evidence - but then you cite "article after article" which have equally fact-free assertions.. as though some amorphous entity's pre-existing stupidity creates reality?
Nope. You've got nothing and they've got nothing.. period.
You want to cite articles? Go for it. Each article you link I'll show you why they have nothing.. And when there's no articles left, your assertion that there's a Mass Of Articles falls apart.. and your justification for believing negative stuff about Rosen.. vanishes.
Think it through.... without the "asserted societal conclusion" the entire notion that there is a problem with Rosen falls apart.
This stuff about Rosen is from Starting A Rumor 101..
If I'm trying to get a rumor started, I say "I Heard Someone Else Say XYZ" when in reality I'm the only one saying XYZ. Then the naive person who hears this runs around asking everyone "Who Is Saying This XYZ About Me/Whoever" ... when in reality now they're the one actively spreading the rumor because it wasn't a thing before I said it.. and now they're trying to find out "Who Was Saying This Before." This is precisely how evil people get dumb/naive/gullible/simple people to do their bidding and do actively evil things. The entire point is to get everyone running around asking Who Is Saying XYZ... because after a while people will believe that simply because they're saying that someone else is saying XYZ... it must actually be a thing.
This is exactly what happened with McQueary and Schiano --- the guy who McQueary asserted was Saying Something about Schiano testified that McQueary's assertion was a lie -- and the UT fans didn't believe him, they believed McQueary.. because society is actually now geared towards trying to "Take Someone Down"
Groupthink stupidity is a societal problem not just with Rosen... people are too eager to believe fact-free nonsense
-
So the kid’s skipping his bowl game, like all the other homos. But yeah, total team player. Everyone loves him. Committed to winning.
So the kid’s skipping his bowl game, like all the other homos. But yeah, total team player. Everyone loves him. Committed to winning.
Try again later.
-
but at least be honest about what you're doing.
You first.
I acknowledge your admission that you've got no evidence - but then you cite "article after article" which have equally fact-free assertions.. as though some amorphous entity's pre-existing stupidity creates reality?
Nope. You've got nothing and they've got nothing.. period.
You want to cite articles? Go for it. Each article you link I'll show you why they have nothing.. And when there's no articles left, your assertion that there's a Mass Of Articles falls apart.. and your justification for believing negative stuff about Rosen.. vanishes.
Think it through.... without the "asserted societal conclusion" the entire notion that there is a problem with Rosen falls apart.
This stuff about Rosen is from Starting A Rumor 101..
If I'm trying to get a rumor started, I say "I Heard Someone Else Say XYZ" when in reality I'm the only one saying XYZ. Then the naive person who hears this runs around asking everyone "Who Is Saying This XYZ About Me/Whoever" ... when in reality now they're the one actively spreading the rumor because it wasn't a thing before I said it.. and now they're trying to find out "Who Was Saying This Before." This is precisely how evil people get dumb/naive/gullible/simple people to do their bidding and do actively evil things. The entire point is to get everyone running around asking Who Is Saying XYZ... because after a while people will believe that simply because they're saying that someone else is saying XYZ... it must actually be a thing.
This is exactly what happened with McQueary and Schiano --- the guy who McQueary asserted was Saying Something about Schiano testified that McQueary's assertion was a lie -- and the UT fans didn't believe him, they believed McQueary.. because society is actually now geared towards trying to "Take Someone Down"
Groupthink stupidity is a societal problem not just with Rosen... people are too eager to believe fact-free nonsense
You first.
I acknowledge your admission that you've got no evidence - but then you cite "article after article" which have equally fact-free assertions.. as though some amorphous entity's pre-existing stupidity creates reality?
Nope. You've got nothing and they've got nothing.. period.
You want to cite articles? Go for it. Each article you link I'll show you why they have nothing.. And when there's no articles left, your assertion that there's a Mass Of Articles falls apart.. and your justification for believing negative stuff about Rosen.. vanishes.
Think it through.... without the "asserted societal conclusion" the entire notion that there is a problem with Rosen falls apart.
This stuff about Rosen is from Starting A Rumor 101..
If I'm trying to get a rumor started, I say "I Heard Someone Else Say XYZ" when in reality I'm the only one saying XYZ. Then the naive person who hears this runs around asking everyone "Who Is Saying This XYZ About Me/Whoever" ... when in reality now they're the one actively spreading the rumor because it wasn't a thing before I said it.. and now they're trying to find out "Who Was Saying This Before." This is precisely how evil people get dumb/naive/gullible/simple people to do their bidding and do actively evil things. The entire point is to get everyone running around asking Who Is Saying XYZ... because after a while people will believe that simply because they're saying that someone else is saying XYZ... it must actually be a thing.
This is exactly what happened with McQueary and Schiano --- the guy who McQueary asserted was Saying Something about Schiano testified that McQueary's assertion was a lie -- and the UT fans didn't believe him, they believed McQueary.. because society is actually now geared towards trying to "Take Someone Down"
Groupthink stupidity is a societal problem not just with Rosen... people are too eager to believe fact-free nonsense
baloney. I posted where Rosen ADMITTED he has a problem with other women on campus - he had female friends who had to
try to explain him in a better light. wherever that was, can't find it again.... but rosen's immature whining gets old. Darn, he couldn't take ONE CLASS because of football practice? seriously, rosen? whiny beatch. The whole world is so unfair to entitled josh rosen.
https://www.mercurynews.com/2017/08/08/stanford-coach-david-shaw-disagrees-with-ucla-qb-josh-rosen/
compare playing college football to slavery. eh, Did slaves get free educations, 60 grand a year?,
free excellent dorms, free food, free travel around the country, free this free that... what a tool.
It's so unfair - Rosen doesn't like to read - but he forces himself. boo hoo - what a victim.
The lights are too bright. The crowds are too large.
So far this season, he is average. Rosen is the 10th-rated passer in the Pac-12. He's ninth in yards per attempt.
He threw three interceptions in the opener at Texas A&M.
-
oh, look. Josh Rosen's arrogance, demeanor, etc....
cost him a chance to go to Stanford.

-
but, outside of ryan leaf... Rosen reminds me of Jeff George:
The Indianapolis Colts selected quarterback Jeff George out of Illinois with the first pick in 1990. The 6-foot-4, 220-pound George was blessed with superb arm strength and he possessed all the necessary traits to dominate as an NFL passer. Unfortunately, George was also a basket case who feuded with virtually everyone he encountered. Hence, George never found a permanent home and he had stints with seven franchises. The combative signal-caller was practically blacklisted from the league following the 2004 campaign. In 2009 and 2010, a 42-year-old George begged the Minnesota Vikings to sign him and guaranteed he’d deliver the organization a championship.
“I guarantee I’d be wearing a ring right now,” said George, 50.
“There’s no question I can play, at a minimum price. I don’t care about my age. I can still do the same things I did when I was 25. I’m so used to throwing against five, six, seven DBs.”
When a middle-aged man implores an owner for work, this person is undoubtedly bored and dissatisfied with his life.
-
So the kid’s skipping his bowl game, like all the other homos. But yeah, total team player. Everyone loves him. Committed to winning.
So the kid’s skipping his bowl game, like all the other homos. But yeah, total team player. Everyone loves him. Committed to winning.
He's not skipping it, he was following his Dr's orders because of the concussion he had in the last game.
He wanted to play, they said no. It's better for his health if he doesn't play, even if it sucks we don't get to watch him, but he's got a consistent body of work against good teams. It's obvious he's a front runner for #1
-
It would have been good to watch him play. But take note:
the Freshman qb for UCLA who will play in the bowl game?
As for what the Bruins do without Rosen, Devon Modster will step into the starting role. The freshman has appeared in four games for the Bruins this season, completing 30 of his 45 passes for 376 yards and two touchdowns
so, does that mean maybe that Rosen isn't all that much a superstar qb? That is 66% of his passes...
-
So the kid’s skipping his bowl game, like all the other homos. But yeah, total team player. Everyone loves him. Committed to winning.
So the kid’s skipping his bowl game, like all the other homos. But yeah, total team player. Everyone loves him. Committed to winning.
You neglected to mention that he's missing the game because of a concussion he suffered AND throw in an anti-gay slur at the same time.
Well played. I can see why you were such a big Rush Limbaugh fan - seeing that misinformation and bigotry (with some hypocrisy) is kind of his thing.
-
oh, look. Josh Rosen's arrogance, demeanor, etc....
cost him a chance to go to Stanford.

oh, look. Josh Rosen's arrogance, demeanor, etc....
cost him a chance to go to Stanford.
Thanks for sharing the research Cal. Stanford went to the Pac 12 Championship this with a different QB and lost to the team QBed by Sam Darnold.
I watched the UCLA-Memphis State matchup when Rosen had trouble competing with the scoreboard changing the Memphis State QB was putting up. I saw some slants over the middle he threw behind his Receiver while many of their big plays came from short throws outside (near the line of scrimmage turned into long gains that day). Near the end of the game when he had a chance to get his team back in it - he didn't make the play.
When I saw Rosen play USC - I was far more impressed.
My first impression of Darnold was last year's Rose Bowl and hearing how he changed the complexion of a 1-3 or 1-4 start under a different QB. When he was the guy - he transcended the team to Conference Championship and Rose Bowl Championship caliber. I'm well aware he struggled early on this year when he lost his top WR to the NFL and while the oline had to re-shuffle to accommodate injuries. That said, he's come out of his mini-slump to leading his team to another Pac 12 Championship and a chance to win their 2nd straight Bowl Matchup with the Big 10 Champion in just his soph season as a starting QB.
Obviously, there's a lot more to all these guys than just what they do in their Bowl Games. For example, why did Josh Allen only throw 13 TD passes to 6 INTs this year? is that the type of play that's going to give our passing game some giddyup or should we train our OTs to be yelling "FOUR" to the QB at the snap?
Meanwhile, others worry if Mayfield's height doesn't make him the next Colt McCoy or various bad decisions haven't had others worrying if there's some potential for him to be another Johnny Manziel.
There's stuff to worry about with every top prospect just like there always is. The Carson Wentz that got injured in college football and during his first training camp finished this season on IR while DeShaun Watson visited IR even earlier. This time around - let's not only hope we get the right QB but that we also have some good luck keeping him healthy.
-
He doesn’t want to come here anyway And I don’t blame him
-
He doesn’t want to come here anyway And I don’t blame him
He doesn’t want to come here anyway And I don’t blame him
That's also not fair in my opinion. If someone asks 100 college qb's which team (or city for that matter) they want to go to, I'm pretty sure 99 out of 100 are going to say they'd rather go to New York than Cleveland, right? It's also not fair because the reporter is basically asking a kid if he'd rather go to New York or to the worst team in the history of the NFL. What's he supposed to say? The generic answer of, "I'd be blessed to play for whichever team wants me"?
He answered honestly and I don't blame him. He didn't say he WOULDN'T play for us, did he? Lord I hope not...
Wait a second. Article says the information is from a source close to Rosen? That could be garbage. Regardless of which team he PREFERS to play for, we basically need to know he won't "Eli Manning" us, and draft him if he's coming out. Which he will.
-
He doesn’t want to come here anyway And I don’t blame him
He doesn’t want to come here anyway And I don’t blame him
Wouldn't it be ironic if both Rosen and Darnold decide to stay another year to avoid being drafted by the Browns. Then we'd take Allen who will lead us to another #1 overall next year to draft yet another QB. Hopefully we are smart enough to pass on Allen and take Mayfield.
-
He doesn’t want to come here anyway And I don’t blame him
Wouldn't it be ironic if both Rosen and Darnold decide to stay another year to avoid being drafted by the Browns. Then we'd take Allen who will lead us to another #1 overall next year to draft yet another QB. Hopefully we are smart enough to pass on Allen and take Mayfield.
Wouldn't it be ironic if both Rosen and Darnold decide to stay another year to avoid being drafted by the Browns. Then we'd take Allen who will lead us to another #1 overall next year to draft yet another QB. Hopefully we are smart enough to pass on Allen and take Mayfield.
This scenario makes me have the water shits.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login