Skip to content

Josh Rosen?

The Browns Board
218 40 7.3k
  • sorry, don't take it personally, but the point is, the qb has no business going into the media and raising hell vs the fans.

    fans buy tickets to games - some of them don't make a whole lot of money, either. "violently assuming"... lol,]

    never heard that one before. I didn't say he got Mora fired, I said if he was so great, why didn't he just use his magic twanger and make everybody around him great and they would win all their games, like you portend to believe happens? Don't take being disagreed with so hateful. When a mouthy qb has a hot tub in his room, he knows the rules. That's a red flag. Running his mouth about poor kids in Africa, fans who want the coach fired, poor families of players, ... he is ignoring the fact that they get free tuition, and housing, and food, and travel, and uniforms, and health care and whatever else they get free.

     but this idiot prima donna ignores all that, and says they should be paid. And all that is fine - I just would not select him in the draft.I would find a qb that was not going to divide a lockeroom, divide a fan base, criticize coaches, refs, the NFL, other teams, fans even from other cities.... that is what is possible. I just wouldn't take the chance, and there are other experts in the NFLwho feel the same way.

    @calfoxwc said:

    sorry, don't take it personally, but the point is, the qb has no business going into the media and raising hell vs the fans.

    fans buy tickets to games - some of them don't make a whole lot of money, either. "violently assuming"... lol,]

    never heard that one before. I didn't say he got Mora fired, I said if he was so great, why didn't he just use his magic twanger and make everybody around him great and they would win all their games, like you portend to believe happens? Don't take being disagreed with so hateful. When a mouthy qb has a hot tub in his room, he knows the rules. That's a red flag. Running his mouth about poor kids in Africa, fans who want the coach fired, poor families of players, ... he is ignoring the fact that they get free tuition, and housing, and food, and travel, and uniforms, and health care and whatever else they get free.

     but this idiot prima donna ignores all that, and says they should be paid. And all that is fine - I just would not select him in the draft.I would find a qb that was not going to divide a lockeroom, divide a fan base, criticize coaches, refs, the NFL, other teams, fans even from other cities.... that is what is possible. I just wouldn't take the chance, and there are other experts in the NFLwho feel the same way.

    Come on man. You can't be at your age and watched football this long to make a claim that a QB alone makes a team national title contenders. Rosen literally carried that team to the record they have despite having a horrible defense and no other players. Do better.

    His point about the NCAA has been valid for decades. Guys like Rosen literally bring 10's of millions of dollars for schools, and even with all the free stuff they get it doesn't even come close. So yeah, he can convey inequalities with a broken system and I'm not going to be mad at hi,

    Lastly, you can't just keep quoting the same source about "two veteran scouts". I've already detailed a myriad of times that only goes so far, and only carries so much weight. It's clear you see the the kid as a rich entitled guy and it's something you don't like, therefore he's gonna be a bad QB. Yeah, he's not an angel but nothing he's done screams that he won't excel in the NFL. As I've quoted, players and coaches all meshed well with him. Tom Brady is a rich pompous pooper and yet he made it out okay too. You gotta let it go.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    sorry, don't take it personally, but the point is, the qb has no business going into the media and raising hell vs the fans.

    fans buy tickets to games - some of them don't make a whole lot of money, either. "violently assuming"... lol,]

    never heard that one before. I didn't say he got Mora fired, I said if he was so great, why didn't he just use his magic twanger and make everybody around him great and they would win all their games, like you portend to believe happens? Don't take being disagreed with so hateful. When a mouthy qb has a hot tub in his room, he knows the rules. That's a red flag. Running his mouth about poor kids in Africa, fans who want the coach fired, poor families of players, ... he is ignoring the fact that they get free tuition, and housing, and food, and travel, and uniforms, and health care and whatever else they get free.

     but this idiot prima donna ignores all that, and says they should be paid. And all that is fine - I just would not select him in the draft.I would find a qb that was not going to divide a lockeroom, divide a fan base, criticize coaches, refs, the NFL, other teams, fans even from other cities.... that is what is possible. I just wouldn't take the chance, and there are other experts in the NFLwho feel the same way.

    Come on man. You can't be at your age and watched football this long to make a claim that a QB alone makes a team national title contenders. Rosen literally carried that team to the record they have despite having a horrible defense and no other players. Do better.

    His point about the NCAA has been valid for decades. Guys like Rosen literally bring 10's of millions of dollars for schools, and even with all the free stuff they get it doesn't even come close. So yeah, he can convey inequalities with a broken system and I'm not going to be mad at hi,

    Lastly, you can't just keep quoting the same source about "two veteran scouts". I've already detailed a myriad of times that only goes so far, and only carries so much weight. It's clear you see the the kid as a rich entitled guy and it's something you don't like, therefore he's gonna be a bad QB. Yeah, he's not an angel but nothing he's done screams that he won't excel in the NFL. As I've quoted, players and coaches all meshed well with him. Tom Brady is a rich pompous pooper and yet he made it out okay too. You gotta let it go.

    @jrb12711 said:

    Come on man. You can't be at your age and watched football this long to make a claim that a QB alone makes a team national title contenders. Rosen literally carried that team to the record they have despite having a horrible defense and no other players. Do better.

    His point about the NCAA has been valid for decades. Guys like Rosen literally bring 10's of millions of dollars for schools, and even with all the free stuff they get it doesn't even come close. So yeah, he can convey inequalities with a broken system and I'm not going to be mad at hi,

    Lastly, you can't just keep quoting the same source about "two veteran scouts". I've already detailed a myriad of times that only goes so far, and only carries so much weight. It's clear you see the the kid as a rich entitled guy and it's something you don't like, therefore he's gonna be a bad QB. Yeah, he's not an angel but nothing he's done screams that he won't excel in the NFL. As I've quoted, players and coaches all meshed well with him. Tom Brady is a rich pompous pooper and yet he made it out okay too. You gotta let it go.

    A. haha. It isn't me who says a great qb makes the team around him a winner. But I've seen it plenty of times. The same logic you use with rosen now... "Rosen literally carried that team to the record they have despite having a horrible defense and no other players. Do better." - why doesn't that exact same thing apply to Josh Allen??? Wyoming plays in a bowl game. They did last year, too. That is after 4 years of not being good enough to play in a bowl game. That is Josh Allen at qb the last two years.

    http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/football/report-wyoming-football-locked-into-famous-idaho-potato-bowl/article_c6968b78-a5e0-5934-814f-0ebcca79ffe4.html

    "Wyoming has never played in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl. The Cowboys played in the now-defunct Poinsettia Bowl last year, losing 24-21 to BYU and ending a four-year bowl drought. The Cowboys secured bowl eligibility this year with a 16-13 win over Colorado State, and will play in a bowl game in consecutive seasons for the first time since 1987-88. "

    NOTE:

       I don't know about rosen's toughness - how much he loves the game.

    http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21749094/wyoming-quarterback-josh-allen-aiming-play-bowl-game-healthy

    Josh Allen aiming to play in Famous Idaho Potato Bowl if throwing shoulder is healthy

    Dec 12, 2017
    • Associated Press

    LARAMIE, Wyo. -- Wyoming quarterback Josh Allen says his injured throwing shoulder is better than 90 percent recovered, but it's still too early to say whether he will be able to play in the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl on Dec. 22.

    Allen has been mentioned among the top quarterback prospects in the 2018 NFL draft.

    He sprained his right shoulder on Nov. 11 against Air Force and missed Wyoming's final two regular-season games.

    "We're still getting better day by day," Allen said Monday.

    Allen said he has been practicing with the No. 1 offense.

    "It's still not where I think it needs to be or where I'd want it to be, but things are progressively getting better, and I can feel it getting better day by day," he said of his shoulder. "Throwing is becoming a lot easier."

    The main issue he's dealing with now is pain, he said.

    "I definitely believe I can make all the throws," Allen said. "There's just some that I still can't put as much velocity as I want into the ball. It's a little painful coming through on the follow-through. The injury itself is gone. It's just trying to get the pain management down to a level I can tolerate."

    Allen said the coaches don't want him playing in the bowl game against Central Michigan unless he's completely recovered.

    Allen has said that if he's healthy enough he wants to play in the bowl instead of sitting out to protect himself from further injury before the NFL draft.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    You'd think short QBs with obvious maturity issues who play in the Big 12 would be red flags too...

    Yeah, he's 2" taller than Russell Wilson (just as mobile), and 1" taller than Drew Brees. Height won't be a major issue. Big 12 soft D? TCU had a decent defense, and he destroyed them. Ditto Ohio State. Maturity issues, yep, but he's no Manziel, apologized for his on field behavior, something Johnny Football never did. Teammates love playing for him. He wins the National Championship, his stock will go through the roof. 

    @hoorta said:

    Maturity issues, yep, but he's no Manziel, apologized for his on field behavior, something Johnny Football never did.

    Ummmm... I don't have enough fingers and toes to count all JFF's apologies.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    Dilfer has since changed his opinion after being around Rosen this past summer.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    http://es.pn/2wUNy9q

    Good read...

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    Who would you rather have doing your heart surgery: the highly qualified guy with a bad attitude or the C-level grad with a great bed side manner? Give me highly qualified douche bag all day.

    who would you rather pull you over for speeding on a rainy night in Georgia?

    A really respectful policemen with a smile?

    Or a really smartass, angry tough guy ready to pound you to the ground for nothing because you're out of state, throw you into a cell, have your car towed, and then kick you in the nuts because you didn't yell "YES SIR" loud enough?🙂

    @calfoxwc said:

    who would you rather pull you over for speeding on a rainy night in Georgia?

    A really respectful policemen with a smile?

    Or a really smartass, angry tough guy ready to pound you to the ground for nothing because you're out of state, throw you into a cell, have your car towed, and then kick you in the nuts because you didn't yell "YES SIR" loud enough?🙂

    The cop you just described is a smartass coupled with being bad at his job. I will take smartass AND good at their job.  The other guy may be full of smiles and not as qualified. Give me qualified every time. 

  • sorry, don't take it personally, but the point is, the qb has no business going into the media and raising hell vs the fans.

    fans buy tickets to games - some of them don't make a whole lot of money, either. "violently assuming"... lol,]

    never heard that one before. I didn't say he got Mora fired, I said if he was so great, why didn't he just use his magic twanger and make everybody around him great and they would win all their games, like you portend to believe happens? Don't take being disagreed with so hateful. When a mouthy qb has a hot tub in his room, he knows the rules. That's a red flag. Running his mouth about poor kids in Africa, fans who want the coach fired, poor families of players, ... he is ignoring the fact that they get free tuition, and housing, and food, and travel, and uniforms, and health care and whatever else they get free.

     but this idiot prima donna ignores all that, and says they should be paid. And all that is fine - I just would not select him in the draft.I would find a qb that was not going to divide a lockeroom, divide a fan base, criticize coaches, refs, the NFL, other teams, fans even from other cities.... that is what is possible. I just wouldn't take the chance, and there are other experts in the NFLwho feel the same way.

    @calfoxwc said:

    ... the point is, the qb has no business going into the media and raising hell vs the fans.

    Very telling...

  • and it isn't just me. and I don't think these two scouts are "violently assuming". have a nice day.

    https://www.bigblueview.com/2017/11/10/16633680/scouts-assess-top-qbs-in-2018-nfl-draft-ny-giants-eli-manning-davis-webb-sam-darnold-josh-rosen

    Rosen, from UCLA, might be the most purely talented of all the quarterbacks in this class in terms of physical ability to deliver the football accurately and into the smallest windows. As Chris indicated, we know Giants’ Vice President of Player Evaluation Marc Ross has personally scouted Rosen.

    There is, though, a huge red flag with Rosen. Two veteran scouts dropped the “a-word” when I asked about him.

    One said simply “biggest a——— on the planet.” The other compared him to Jay Cutler and said “He isn’t a “character” guy, he’s an a———. Is smarter than everyone in the room and lets you know it. Has some entitlement to him.”

    Decide for yourselves if that’s what you want as the Giants’ quarterback of the future.

    @calfoxwc said:

    and it isn't just me. and I don't think these two scouts are "violently assuming". have a nice day.

    https://www.bigblueview.com/2017/11/10/16633680/scouts-assess-top-qbs-in-2018-nfl-draft-ny-giants-eli-manning-davis-webb-sam-darnold-josh-rosen

    Rosen, from UCLA, might be the most purely talented of all the quarterbacks in this class in terms of physical ability to deliver the football accurately and into the smallest windows. As Chris indicated, we know Giants’ Vice President of Player Evaluation Marc Ross has personally scouted Rosen.

    There is, though, a huge red flag with Rosen. Two veteran scouts dropped the “a-word” when I asked about him.

    One said simply “biggest a——— on the planet.” The other compared him to Jay Cutler and said “He isn’t a “character” guy, he’s an a———. Is smarter than everyone in the room and lets you know it. Has some entitlement to him.”

    Decide for yourselves if that’s what you want as the Giants’ quarterback of the future.

    That same article says the guy you want (Allen) needs to return to school. So should we trust that article and avoid Rosen and Allen?

  • @calfoxwc said:

    rosen might go the Elway-Manning route and refuse to play for the Browns anyways - just not

    the right pick for the Browns - too bad, he certainly has the arm, he just doesn't have the class.

    If only your standards were half as high for picking a President...

    @the-gipper said:

    So...he is not #1 because no one is #1. 

    I heard somewhere that Rudolf is #1.

    @tour2ma said:

    If only your standards were half as high for picking a President...

    I heard somewhere that Rudolf is #1.

    It goes week by week.  One week it was Rudolph....the next someone else...the next someone else.

  • @sd_tom said:

    Comparing Rosen to Manziel is completely absurd. Off the field... on the field.... they're nothing alike. 

    It's no more absurd than comparing Mayfield to Manziel. 

    https://nflspinzone.com/2017/06/30/2018-nfl-draft-josh-rosen-smear-campaign/

    On the Rich Eisen Show recently, UCLA coach Jim Mora heaped tremendous praise on Rosen but also said he has asked Rosen if he wants to be more like 

    Johnny Manziel or Tom Brady. The implication is clear. Maybe Rosen should tone it down.
     
    So let me think for a second, his own college coach compared him to Manziel on the record but we shouldn't?
     
     

    After his junior year of High School, he was invited to the Elite 11 quarterback camp. It is a huge honor to be selected. The best high school quarterbacks in the country go and are tutored about how to get to the next level by ex and current NFL quarterbacks.

    Rosen went to the camp and thought he knew everything already. He did not pay attention during film sessions, and was outright rude to the veteran quarterbacks there. Trent Dilfer who ran the camp had a number of quotes about Josh. The least offensive of which was “My bigger thing was he thinks he knows more than he knows.”

    He is the son of two wealthy, Ivy-League educated parents. He is very smart…but most people can’t stand him.

    His dream school was Stanford. Even though he was the #1 high school recruit in the country, after doing a background check on him, Stanford wanted nothing to do with him and did not offer him a scholarship. USC did not recruit him hard for the same reason.

    Rosen has a tremendous upside, but many articles and sources indicate, he is also an arrogant jerk.

    @stillmotion said:

    It's no more absurd than comparing Mayfield to Manziel. 

    https://nflspinzone.com/2017/06/30/2018-nfl-draft-josh-rosen-smear-campaign/

    On the Rich Eisen Show recently, UCLA coach Jim Mora heaped tremendous praise on Rosen but also said he has asked Rosen if he wants to be more like 

    Johnny Manziel or Tom Brady. The implication is clear. Maybe Rosen should tone it down.
     
    So let me think for a second, his own college coach compared him to Manziel on the record but we shouldn't?
     
     

    After his junior year of High School, he was invited to the Elite 11 quarterback camp. It is a huge honor to be selected. The best high school quarterbacks in the country go and are tutored about how to get to the next level by ex and current NFL quarterbacks.

    Rosen went to the camp and thought he knew everything already. He did not pay attention during film sessions, and was outright rude to the veteran quarterbacks there. Trent Dilfer who ran the camp had a number of quotes about Josh. The least offensive of which was “My bigger thing was he thinks he knows more than he knows.”

    He is the son of two wealthy, Ivy-League educated parents. He is very smart…but most people can’t stand him.

    His dream school was Stanford. Even though he was the #1 high school recruit in the country, after doing a background check on him, Stanford wanted nothing to do with him and did not offer him a scholarship. USC did not recruit him hard for the same reason.

    Rosen has a tremendous upside, but many articles and sources indicate, he is also an arrogant jerk.

    That is not a comparison to Brady or Manziel. 

    Context again.... This was prior to his sophomore season and was meant as a warning to focus on football.  I'm not sure how you can infer anything different

  • @stillmotion said:

    It's no more absurd than comparing Mayfield to Manziel. 

    https://nflspinzone.com/2017/06/30/2018-nfl-draft-josh-rosen-smear-campaign/

    On the Rich Eisen Show recently, UCLA coach Jim Mora heaped tremendous praise on Rosen but also said he has asked Rosen if he wants to be more like 

    Johnny Manziel or Tom Brady. The implication is clear. Maybe Rosen should tone it down.
     
    So let me think for a second, his own college coach compared him to Manziel on the record but we shouldn't?
     
     

    After his junior year of High School, he was invited to the Elite 11 quarterback camp. It is a huge honor to be selected. The best high school quarterbacks in the country go and are tutored about how to get to the next level by ex and current NFL quarterbacks.

    Rosen went to the camp and thought he knew everything already. He did not pay attention during film sessions, and was outright rude to the veteran quarterbacks there. Trent Dilfer who ran the camp had a number of quotes about Josh. The least offensive of which was “My bigger thing was he thinks he knows more than he knows.”

    He is the son of two wealthy, Ivy-League educated parents. He is very smart…but most people can’t stand him.

    His dream school was Stanford. Even though he was the #1 high school recruit in the country, after doing a background check on him, Stanford wanted nothing to do with him and did not offer him a scholarship. USC did not recruit him hard for the same reason.

    Rosen has a tremendous upside, but many articles and sources indicate, he is also an arrogant jerk.

    That is not a comparison to Brady or Manziel. 

    Context again.... This was prior to his sophomore season and was meant as a warning to focus on football.  I'm not sure how you can infer anything different

    @sd_tom said:

    That is not a comparison to Brady or Manziel. 

    Context again.... This was prior to his sophomore season and was meant as a warning to focus on football.  I'm not sure how you can infer anything different

    The amount of negative backlash to Mayfield compared to Rosen is absurd. Rosen wasn't even good enough to beat USC, what makes you think he can lead an NFL team to the playoffs? By all means, he could very well be the least liked QB of all time. If you were hiring someone, would you want the guy that did awesome that everyone loved to be around, or the guy that everyone hated, couldn't stand being around, and made everything toxic for everyone but was great at his job?

    Apparently the argument that he has huge character issues, didn't pay attention during Dilfer's QB camp and messed around, and is well disliked by many people in UCLA doesn't phase any of you. How are his veteran teammates going to play hard for him if they don't like him? If he's too Socky and gets rocked by ignoring what the coach says, I'm sure you'll all be defending him too. There's some major hard-on praise for Rosen, who hasn't proved anything and hasn't lead his team to any type of championship. He's an overrated spoiled brat "original quote by a friend at UCLA", and had years to lead UCLA to a 10 win season, and didn't even come near it. Defend him all you want, and criticize Mayfield all you want, but Rosen will be another forgotten Ryan Leaf in 5 years, and Mayfield will be a pro-style QB. Mayfield has bigger drive and leadership then Rosen could ever dream for, and Rosen will fail, simply because he's an a$$hole, and doesn't know how to relate to people, how to connect with them, or how to truly lead a team to win. The kid is a spoiled rich kid who has no backbone, and someone who's truly worked hard and overcame adversity will be a much better leader, and winning qb, then someone who doesn't even have the drive to work for it and talks back to Trent Dilfer at his freaking camp.

  • sorry, don't take it personally, but the point is, the qb has no business going into the media and raising hell vs the fans.

    fans buy tickets to games - some of them don't make a whole lot of money, either. "violently assuming"... lol,]

    never heard that one before. I didn't say he got Mora fired, I said if he was so great, why didn't he just use his magic twanger and make everybody around him great and they would win all their games, like you portend to believe happens? Don't take being disagreed with so hateful. When a mouthy qb has a hot tub in his room, he knows the rules. That's a red flag. Running his mouth about poor kids in Africa, fans who want the coach fired, poor families of players, ... he is ignoring the fact that they get free tuition, and housing, and food, and travel, and uniforms, and health care and whatever else they get free.

     but this idiot prima donna ignores all that, and says they should be paid. And all that is fine - I just would not select him in the draft.I would find a qb that was not going to divide a lockeroom, divide a fan base, criticize coaches, refs, the NFL, other teams, fans even from other cities.... that is what is possible. I just wouldn't take the chance, and there are other experts in the NFLwho feel the same way.

    @calfoxwc said:

    sorry, don't take it personally, but the point is, the qb has no business going into the media and raising hell vs the fans.

    fans buy tickets to games - some of them don't make a whole lot of money, either. "violently assuming"... lol,]

    never heard that one before. I didn't say he got Mora fired, I said if he was so great, why didn't he just use his magic twanger and make everybody around him great and they would win all their games, like you portend to believe happens? Don't take being disagreed with so hateful. When a mouthy qb has a hot tub in his room, he knows the rules. That's a red flag. Running his mouth about poor kids in Africa, fans who want the coach fired, poor families of players, ... he is ignoring the fact that they get free tuition, and housing, and food, and travel, and uniforms, and health care and whatever else they get free.

     but this idiot prima donna ignores all that, and says they should be paid. And all that is fine - I just would not select him in the draft.I would find a qb that was not going to divide a lockeroom, divide a fan base, criticize coaches, refs, the NFL, other teams, fans even from other cities.... that is what is possible. I just wouldn't take the chance, and there are other experts in the NFLwho feel the same way.

    dude, There's no point in arguing with people who have confirmation bias towards a certain quarterback. If Rosen beat up a girl or robbed a grocery store, they'd still probably say it's not his fault. But if Baker Mayfield did that, you'd never hear the end of it. I've learned to accept that those who love Rosen, love Rosen, and those who love Mayfield love Mayfield. Those who hate Mayfield hate Mayfield, and those who think character isn't important, and that being an pooper can't make you impossible to work with, are just being naive.

    Let's hope Dorsey makes the right decision 

  • Can someone explain to me why cal thinks rosen is an pooper for his well nuanced analysis of the collegiate sports academic dilemma? 

  • The more facts cal posts about rosen make it more and more clear rosens the guy

  • The more facts cal posts about rosen make it more and more clear rosens the guy

    @clevfan4life said:

    The more facts cal posts about rosen make it more and more clear rosens the guy

    That and the fact that Josh Allen isn't the guy.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    sorry, don't take it personally, but the point is, the qb has no business going into the media and raising hell vs the fans.

    fans buy tickets to games - some of them don't make a whole lot of money, either. "violently assuming"... lol,]

    never heard that one before. I didn't say he got Mora fired, I said if he was so great, why didn't he just use his magic twanger and make everybody around him great and they would win all their games, like you portend to believe happens? Don't take being disagreed with so hateful. When a mouthy qb has a hot tub in his room, he knows the rules. That's a red flag. Running his mouth about poor kids in Africa, fans who want the coach fired, poor families of players, ... he is ignoring the fact that they get free tuition, and housing, and food, and travel, and uniforms, and health care and whatever else they get free.

     but this idiot prima donna ignores all that, and says they should be paid. And all that is fine - I just would not select him in the draft.I would find a qb that was not going to divide a lockeroom, divide a fan base, criticize coaches, refs, the NFL, other teams, fans even from other cities.... that is what is possible. I just wouldn't take the chance, and there are other experts in the NFLwho feel the same way.

    dude, There's no point in arguing with people who have confirmation bias towards a certain quarterback. If Rosen beat up a girl or robbed a grocery store, they'd still probably say it's not his fault. But if Baker Mayfield did that, you'd never hear the end of it. I've learned to accept that those who love Rosen, love Rosen, and those who love Mayfield love Mayfield. Those who hate Mayfield hate Mayfield, and those who think character isn't important, and that being an pooper can't make you impossible to work with, are just being naive.

    Let's hope Dorsey makes the right decision 

    @stillmotion said:

    dude, There's no point in arguing with people who have confirmation bias towards a certain quarterback. If Rosen beat up a girl or robbed a grocery store, they'd still probably say it's not his fault. But if Baker Mayfield did that, you'd never hear the end of it. I've learned to accept that those who love Rosen, love Rosen, and those who love Mayfield love Mayfield. Those who hate Mayfield hate Mayfield, and those who think character isn't important, and that being an pooper can't make you impossible to work with, are just being naive.

    Let's hope Dorsey makes the right decision 

    I think you are exaggerating a little. I think everyone's gripe with Mayfield is skill. I personally have a severe allergy to Big 12 QBs. They put up video game numbers and fall flat in the pros.

  • @stillmotion said:

    dude, There's no point in arguing with people who have confirmation bias towards a certain quarterback. If Rosen beat up a girl or robbed a grocery store, they'd still probably say it's not his fault. But if Baker Mayfield did that, you'd never hear the end of it. I've learned to accept that those who love Rosen, love Rosen, and those who love Mayfield love Mayfield. Those who hate Mayfield hate Mayfield, and those who think character isn't important, and that being an pooper can't make you impossible to work with, are just being naive.

    Let's hope Dorsey makes the right decision 

    I think you are exaggerating a little. I think everyone's gripe with Mayfield is skill. I personally have a severe allergy to Big 12 QBs. They put up video game numbers and fall flat in the pros.

    @logicisforsquares said:

    I think you are exaggerating a little. I think everyone's gripe with Mayfield is skill. I personally have a severe allergy to Big 12 QBs. They put up video game numbers and fall flat in the pros.

    dude you're completely generalizing everything about him.....

    he's crushing damn near every opponent. he's going to beat alabama and win the national championship. rosen can't even beat USC yet you all put him on such a high horse, his nickname, "the rosen one" already sticks. Sure, many Big 12 QB's have sucked, but it's still generalizing to completely compare Baker on what everyone else did. Manziel, Big 12 Qb's, everyone, while anyone who questions Rosen's character is immediately shunned simply because Baker is smaller, a Big 12 QB, and got in trouble once, and because Rosen is the prototypical NFL qb and makes quick reads.

    Why didn't Stanford or USC want Rosen? Was he that much of an a$$hole? Stanford was him dream school and he was the #1 prospect out of high school, yet they didn't want him, but you think the Browns should take him #1.

    I don't question his skill or talent, just his intangibles and character, which apparently mean everything to me after the manziel fiasco, and mean absolutely nothing to you. If we choose him and he busts because of his character, I'm sure everyone would still say we "made the right call".

    The amount of people from UCLA talking negatively about him is staggering. Don't blame me for playing devil's advocate when everyone I know at his college is trying to convince me he's the younger, football version of Kenny Powers.

  • Intangibles and character are concerns for guys like jameis winston... Not rosen

  • Intangibles and character are concerns for guys like jameis winston... Not rosen

    @sd_tom said:

    Intangibles and character are concerns for guys like jameis winston... Not rosen

    They're a concern for every player in the draft.   QB's most importantly.    Not sure if the questions about Rosen are truly a red flag or not.....I lean towards the not side of that  question at this point.

  • @logicisforsquares said:

    I think you are exaggerating a little. I think everyone's gripe with Mayfield is skill. I personally have a severe allergy to Big 12 QBs. They put up video game numbers and fall flat in the pros.

    dude you're completely generalizing everything about him.....

    he's crushing damn near every opponent. he's going to beat alabama and win the national championship. rosen can't even beat USC yet you all put him on such a high horse, his nickname, "the rosen one" already sticks. Sure, many Big 12 QB's have sucked, but it's still generalizing to completely compare Baker on what everyone else did. Manziel, Big 12 Qb's, everyone, while anyone who questions Rosen's character is immediately shunned simply because Baker is smaller, a Big 12 QB, and got in trouble once, and because Rosen is the prototypical NFL qb and makes quick reads.

    Why didn't Stanford or USC want Rosen? Was he that much of an a$$hole? Stanford was him dream school and he was the #1 prospect out of high school, yet they didn't want him, but you think the Browns should take him #1.

    I don't question his skill or talent, just his intangibles and character, which apparently mean everything to me after the manziel fiasco, and mean absolutely nothing to you. If we choose him and he busts because of his character, I'm sure everyone would still say we "made the right call".

    The amount of people from UCLA talking negatively about him is staggering. Don't blame me for playing devil's advocate when everyone I know at his college is trying to convince me he's the younger, football version of Kenny Powers.

    @stillmotion said:

    dude you're completely generalizing everything about him.....

    he's crushing damn near every opponent. he's going to beat alabama and win the national championship. rosen can't even beat USC yet you all put him on such a high horse, his nickname, "the rosen one" already sticks. Sure, many Big 12 QB's have sucked, but it's still generalizing to completely compare Baker on what everyone else did. Manziel, Big 12 Qb's, everyone, while anyone who questions Rosen's character is immediately shunned simply because Baker is smaller, a Big 12 QB, and got in trouble once, and because Rosen is the prototypical NFL qb and makes quick reads.

    Why didn't Stanford or USC want Rosen? Was he that much of an a$$hole? Stanford was him dream school and he was the #1 prospect out of high school, yet they didn't want him, but you think the Browns should take him #1.

    I don't question his skill or talent, just his intangibles and character, which apparently mean everything to me after the manziel fiasco, and mean absolutely nothing to you. If we choose him and he busts because of his character, I'm sure everyone would still say we "made the right call".

    The amount of people from UCLA talking negatively about him is staggering. Don't blame me for playing devil's advocate when everyone I know at his college is trying to convince me he's the younger, football version of Kenny Powers.

    You are super sensitive about this because I haven’t chimed in about a damn thing. You are attributing things to me that haven’t happened at all.

    I am anti-Mayfield due to Big 12. No thanks. That doesn’t mean I must like Rosen.

  • I haven’t watched enough of the QBs to make a call on who I would prefer.

  • It won't let me quote but Jesus how many times can I say the same thing that you won't listen to stillmotion?

    -Mora and his teammates have noted they respect him and he turned a corner this season. I literally quoted the dude as much, did you care not to read That? Stop being a baby and overreacting to the amount of people talking bad about him. The word shocking is just a balled faced lie. The only people I care about who need to like him are coaches and teammates, who have said they do. 

    -he hasn't had any conflict all season. Could it possibly be a 20 year old grew up some? Shocker!

    -to say a QB alone should elevate a team to 10 plus wins is absurd and plainly dumb. Come the fudge on with that crap. It shows you haven't watched the ucla games if you think he could do much more than he did.

    That s not blinders, that's facts. You should really examine who has the blinders on friend.