Skip to content

One thing that scares me about Dorsey

The Browns Board
26 14 774 1
  • Wasn't he the architect of the trade up for Patrick Mahomes? 

    I know this board has its share of Mahomes believers, but I'm not one of them. And it cost the Chiefs 2 firsts and a third to move up and grab him. Everyone beat on the Bears for the Trubisky move, but to me, this was the worst trade of the draft.

    I have zero interest in drafting a happy-footed project QB from an Air Raid offense to be the savior of the Browns offense.  And a deal like this would suggest Dorsey may willing to "reach" to nab that kind of player.

  • Wasn't he the architect of the trade up for Patrick Mahomes? 

    I know this board has its share of Mahomes believers, but I'm not one of them. And it cost the Chiefs 2 firsts and a third to move up and grab him. Everyone beat on the Bears for the Trubisky move, but to me, this was the worst trade of the draft.

    I have zero interest in drafting a happy-footed project QB from an Air Raid offense to be the savior of the Browns offense.  And a deal like this would suggest Dorsey may willing to "reach" to nab that kind of player.

    @mr.-make-believe said:

    Wasn't he the architect of the trade up for Patrick Mahomes? 

    I know this board has its share of Mahomes believers, but I'm not one of them. And it cost the Chiefs 2 firsts and a third to move up and grab him. Everyone beat on the Bears for the Trubisky move, but to me, this was the worst trade of the draft.

    I have zero interest in drafting a happy-footed project QB from an Air Raid offense to be the savior of the Browns offense.  And a deal like this would suggest Dorsey may willing to "reach" to nab that kind of player.

    Don't worry, we won't have to reach to take Mayfield.  We'll Shmuck that up without breaking a sweat.

  • @mr.-make-believe said:

    Wasn't he the architect of the trade up for Patrick Mahomes? 

    I know this board has its share of Mahomes believers, but I'm not one of them. And it cost the Chiefs 2 firsts and a third to move up and grab him. Everyone beat on the Bears for the Trubisky move, but to me, this was the worst trade of the draft.

    I have zero interest in drafting a happy-footed project QB from an Air Raid offense to be the savior of the Browns offense.  And a deal like this would suggest Dorsey may willing to "reach" to nab that kind of player.

    Don't worry, we won't have to reach to take Mayfield.  We'll Shmuck that up without breaking a sweat.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Don't worry, we won't have to reach to take Mayfield.  We'll Shmuck that up without breaking a sweat.

    Mayfield first overall?  I wonder what my new NFL team would be... 

  • how can you say Mahomes  was a bad trade ? I mean ya I was surprised when it went down But he will be the starter next year I would wait till then to make any judgement and at least he made a move for the future of his team

  • sydS syd

    how can you say Mahomes  was a bad trade ? I mean ya I was surprised when it went down But he will be the starter next year I would wait till then to make any judgement and at least he made a move for the future of his team

    @syd said:

    how can you say Mahomes  was a bad trade ?

    Because it may have been a major reason why Dorsey was fired?

  • @syd said:

    how can you say Mahomes  was a bad trade ?

    Because it may have been a major reason why Dorsey was fired?

    @tour2ma said:

    Because it may have been a major reason why Dorsey was fired?

    Was it? I thought the chiefs almost explicitly stated mahomes would be the starter next year. Like they were getting ready to shop smith, thats how much i thought i read they liked mahomes. 

  • In any case, we dint have to wirry this year about any trade ups. We're gonna have 1 and 4 right now right? Maybe that texans pick will redeem sashi's tenure here

  • @tour2ma said:

    Because it may have been a major reason why Dorsey was fired?

    Was it? I thought the chiefs almost explicitly stated mahomes would be the starter next year. Like they were getting ready to shop smith, thats how much i thought i read they liked mahomes. 

    @clevfan4life said:

    Was it? I thought the chiefs almost explicitly stated mahomes would be the starter next year. Like they were getting ready to shop smith, thats how much i thought i read they liked mahomes. 

    Both things can be true... they love Mahomes, but not the deal Dorsey made to draft him.

    In exchange for the rights to get Mahomes, the Chiefs gave up this year's first-round pick (No. 27 overall), this year's third-round pick (91st overall) and a 2018 first-round pick.

  • In any case, we dint have to wirry this year about any trade ups. We're gonna have 1 and 4 right now right? Maybe that texans pick will redeem sashi's tenure here

    @clevfan4life said:

    In any case, we dint have to wirry this year about any trade ups. We're gonna have 1 and 4 right now right? Maybe that texans pick will redeem sashi's tenure here

    Nice thought, so long as he doesn't step on a rake, it's only going to further empower Dorsey.

  • @clevfan4life said:

    Was it? I thought the chiefs almost explicitly stated mahomes would be the starter next year. Like they were getting ready to shop smith, thats how much i thought i read they liked mahomes. 

    Both things can be true... they love Mahomes, but not the deal Dorsey made to draft him.

    In exchange for the rights to get Mahomes, the Chiefs gave up this year's first-round pick (No. 27 overall), this year's third-round pick (91st overall) and a 2018 first-round pick.

    @tour2ma said:

    Both things can be true... they love Mahomes, but not the deal Dorsey made to draft him.

    In exchange for the rights to get Mahomes, the Chiefs gave up this year's first-round pick (No. 27 overall), this year's third-round pick (91st overall) and a 2018 first-round pick.

    Isn't that pretty much fair market value:  what you would have to expect to move up from 27 to 10?  What did Philly pay to go from where they were to trade with Browns for the #2 pick?

  • @tour2ma said:

    Both things can be true... they love Mahomes, but not the deal Dorsey made to draft him.

    In exchange for the rights to get Mahomes, the Chiefs gave up this year's first-round pick (No. 27 overall), this year's third-round pick (91st overall) and a 2018 first-round pick.

    Isn't that pretty much fair market value:  what you would have to expect to move up from 27 to 10?  What did Philly pay to go from where they were to trade with Browns for the #2 pick?

    @the-gipper said:

    Isn't that pretty much fair market value:  what you would have to expect to move up from 27 to 10?

    ...and they willingly PAY those prices....because you HAVE TO have a QB.  (WE don't...but OTHER teams feel that they DO have to have a QB)

  • Houston paid one first round to move up 13 spots (from #25 to #12), so I think it's fair to add a 3rd round to enter the Top 10 moving up 17 spots. Also, there only was 1 QB that had been already drsfted by then (Trubisky #2), whereas Texans trade was done after 2 QBs had been already drafted (Trub, Mahomes). 

  • Dorsey to get to #10 from #27 gave KC’s 2018 1st rounder & 3rd rounder #91..To get Kareem Hunt in 3rd round at #86? Dorsey went from 3rd round #104 to pick #86, giving up a 4th #132 & a 7th #245.

  • I don't think it's a fair guess to blame that on Dorsey, when the coaches surely were all about that qb and rb,

    and wanted him to make it happen...something like that. Let's see how it goes this draft. I expect awesome things.

    Like a trade down. Let Buffalo have Rosen, because he is the best pure pocket passer in the draft, eh?🙂

  • Dudes,

    If finding a franchise QB on one pick was the measure of a GM, you and I would eventually get our chance as and NFL GM because most of the known guys would have failed.

  • Chiefs gave up next tears first rounder too? Ouch. The pressure on mahomes is going to be monumental. 

  • Chiefs gave up next tears first rounder too? Ouch. The pressure on mahomes is going to be monumental. 

    @clevfan4life said:

    Chiefs gave up next tears first rounder too? Ouch. The pressure on mahomes is going to be monumental. 

    Cleve were young enough now. 12 more coming in Utes in this draft? Is full blown NFL daycare 😉. My hope is Dorsey looks for more draft day player trades like Jamar Taylor? deal for seasoned talent in their last season of a expiring contract maybe?

  • Chiefs gave up next tears first rounder too? Ouch. The pressure on mahomes is going to be monumental. 

    @clevfan4life said:

    Chiefs gave up next tears first rounder too? Ouch. The pressure on mahomes is going to be monumental. 

    They switched first rounders last season, in reality. A third rounder alone isn't getting you from the end of the first round to #10.

  • I don't think Dorsey overpaid to get his qb. That is definitely fair market value. Plus, when it comes to qb's, you pay the premium to get YOUR GUY. It's plain and simple. I can tell you for certain, there is not a chance this team leaves the draft with 12 picks. I'll be even more bold and say that there is not a chance the Browns go INTO the draft with 12 picks. Depending on where that second pick falls, and assuming the browns don't screw it all up and win the last 2 games losing the #1 overall, it would not surprise me to see the Browns trade some of those picks for other players currently on rosters. 

  • Dorsey to get to #10 from #27 gave KC’s 2018 1st rounder & 3rd rounder #91..To get Kareem Hunt in 3rd round at #86? Dorsey went from 3rd round #104 to pick #86, giving up a 4th #132 & a 7th #245.

    @gumby73 said:

    Dorsey to get to #10 from #27 gave KC’s 2018 1st rounder & 3rd rounder #91..To get Kareem Hunt in 3rd round at #86? Dorsey went from 3rd round #104 to pick #86, giving up a 4th #132 & a 7th #245.

    If Dorsey is able to get us a Kareem Hunt kind of player that cheaply, I'd take any day. Finding a way to steal Smith would be icing on the cake.