Camp Tyrod + Lamar
-
There's a difference. His willingness to get his nose dirty blowing up screens and attacking the LOS is one thing. His ability to secure tackles and to take proper angles has been and will continue to be another story.
I know what you mean, but I still think you believed a bit of what you said in regards to how I interpreted it.
You interpreted as me not knowing how math works, lol. I understand all that.
I'm not gonna defend his bad angle against TY. That was bad. I think that's been overshadowing regular tackles and angles though. He's made plenty of tackles.
Though maybe the position doesn't help. I saw Nacua take some terrible angles his one game too. But then again, he didn't have a ton of experience in game.
You interpreted as me not knowing how math works, lol. I understand all that.
I'm not gonna defend his bad angle against TY. That was bad. I think that's been overshadowing regular tackles and angles though. He's made plenty of tackles.
Though maybe the position doesn't help. I saw Nacua take some terrible angles his one game too. But then again, he didn't have a ton of experience in game.
Christ, you're an engineering major from one of the top universities in the country... I'd hope you would know how math works.
The angle against TY would be Jabrill's struggles in a microcosm. They extend beyond that play too. Nacua did some piss poor things including a blown assignment. But his downhill recognition and ability to drive on a receiver or ball carrier was pretty good for a late round kid getting the nod.
-
And Woody's 2017 Peppers Apology Tour rambles on toward 2018 with no let up!

-
And Woody's 2017 Peppers Apology Tour rambles on toward 2018 with no let up!

And Woody's 2017 Peppers Apology Tour rambles on toward 2018 with no let up!

There's no apology tour needed. He's still a decent kid with physical gifts but the mental makeup is everything. The goods news is that there's an off season to improve.
Do I expect it? Sure. To the extent that would warrant how high Peppers was drafted in relation to the impact he 'should' have on this defense....? Not so much.
-
And Woody's 2017 Peppers Apology Tour rambles on toward 2018 with no let up!

There's no apology tour needed. He's still a decent kid with physical gifts but the mental makeup is everything. The goods news is that there's an off season to improve.
Do I expect it? Sure. To the extent that would warrant how high Peppers was drafted in relation to the impact he 'should' have on this defense....? Not so much.
There's no apology tour needed. He's still a decent kid with physical gifts but the mental makeup is everything. The goods news is that there's an off season to improve.
Do I expect it? Sure. To the extent that would warrant how high Peppers was drafted in relation to the impact he 'should' have on this defense....? Not so much.
I'm just joking around...

Let's get him in the strong safety spot where he belongs, then we'll see.
But I'll be honest, I wanted nothing to do with the Browns taking him that high, he just screamed: "Jack of All Trades, Master of None" to me. A guy whose athletic ability allows him to do many things in college, but doesn't have a specific skill set to allow him to thrive in the pros.
-
There's no apology tour needed. He's still a decent kid with physical gifts but the mental makeup is everything. The goods news is that there's an off season to improve.
Do I expect it? Sure. To the extent that would warrant how high Peppers was drafted in relation to the impact he 'should' have on this defense....? Not so much.
I'm just joking around...

Let's get him in the strong safety spot where he belongs, then we'll see.
But I'll be honest, I wanted nothing to do with the Browns taking him that high, he just screamed: "Jack of All Trades, Master of None" to me. A guy whose athletic ability allows him to do many things in college, but doesn't have a specific skill set to allow him to thrive in the pros.
I'm just joking around...

Let's get him in the strong safety spot where he belongs, then we'll see.
But I'll be honest, I wanted nothing to do with the Browns taking him that high, he just screamed: "Jack of All Trades, Master of None" to me. A guy whose athletic ability allows him to do many things in college, but doesn't have a specific skill set to allow him to thrive in the pros.
Well that wasn't on him in college. We moved him all around because he was our best player at 6 spots. He put the team first and hurt his draft stock.
-
And Woody's 2017 Peppers Apology Tour rambles on toward 2018 with no let up!

There's no apology tour needed. He's still a decent kid with physical gifts but the mental makeup is everything. The goods news is that there's an off season to improve.
Do I expect it? Sure. To the extent that would warrant how high Peppers was drafted in relation to the impact he 'should' have on this defense....? Not so much.
There's no apology tour needed. He's still a decent kid with physical gifts but the mental makeup is everything. The goods news is that there's an off season to improve.
Do I expect it? Sure. To the extent that would warrant how high Peppers was drafted in relation to the impact he 'should' have on this defense....? Not so much.
What impact "should" someone have playing in a different zip code each play?
And of course he'll get better. As much as the athleticism is what you saw on the field, the coaches at Michigan loved his football IQ.
-
I'm just joking around...

Let's get him in the strong safety spot where he belongs, then we'll see.
But I'll be honest, I wanted nothing to do with the Browns taking him that high, he just screamed: "Jack of All Trades, Master of None" to me. A guy whose athletic ability allows him to do many things in college, but doesn't have a specific skill set to allow him to thrive in the pros.
Well that wasn't on him in college. We moved him all around because he was our best player at 6 spots. He put the team first and hurt his draft stock.
Well that wasn't on him in college. We moved him all around because he was our best player at 6 spots. He put the team first and hurt his draft stock.
That's true, to a point. TTUN's coaching staff did him no favors pertaining to his future pro aspirations.
That being said, defensively, he really wasn't that productive. He produced next to no turnovers, correct?
-
Well that wasn't on him in college. We moved him all around because he was our best player at 6 spots. He put the team first and hurt his draft stock.
That's true, to a point. TTUN's coaching staff did him no favors pertaining to his future pro aspirations.
That being said, defensively, he really wasn't that productive. He produced next to no turnovers, correct?
That's true, to a point. TTUN's coaching staff did him no favors pertaining to his future pro aspirations.
That being said, defensively, he really wasn't that productive. He produced next to no turnovers, correct?
Correct, but we didn't really put him in a position to pick the ball off much. He was mainly setting the edge, blitzing, etc. In what we asked him to do, and how we wanted him to disrupt offensive gameplans, he was very effective
-
That's true, to a point. TTUN's coaching staff did him no favors pertaining to his future pro aspirations.
That being said, defensively, he really wasn't that productive. He produced next to no turnovers, correct?
Correct, but we didn't really put him in a position to pick the ball off much. He was mainly setting the edge, blitzing, etc. In what we asked him to do, and how we wanted him to disrupt offensive gameplans, he was very effective
Correct, but we didn't really put him in a position to pick the ball off much. He was mainly setting the edge, blitzing, etc. In what we asked him to do, and how we wanted him to disrupt offensive gameplans, he was very effective
I guess the problem many people had with the Browns taking him in the first round was that he was a real "projection over production" type of guy.
But let's not dismiss the fact that he played at TTUN. There's a definite portion of the Browns fanbase who is not down with that, ever. I just want quality players, regardless of where they played college ball.
-
Correct, but we didn't really put him in a position to pick the ball off much. He was mainly setting the edge, blitzing, etc. In what we asked him to do, and how we wanted him to disrupt offensive gameplans, he was very effective
I guess the problem many people had with the Browns taking him in the first round was that he was a real "projection over production" type of guy.
But let's not dismiss the fact that he played at TTUN. There's a definite portion of the Browns fanbase who is not down with that, ever. I just want quality players, regardless of where they played college ball.
There's a definite portion of the Browns fanbase who is not down with that, ever.
i never will understand that
-
The football scouting expert has spoken. So it shall be
Lamar will make a fine running back\ kick returner in the pros. His qb game translates zero to a pro offense, & running around it's a quick trip to IR.
-
The football scouting expert has spoken. So it shall be
Lamar will make a fine running back\ kick returner in the pros. His qb game translates zero to a pro offense, & running around it's a quick trip to IR.
-
Vick did it
If Jackson could potentially be Mike Vick, I would be on board. Had the guy not had a penchant for fighting dogs, he would have had a much bigger career.
-
Going back and watching highlights of Vick, I forgot how much faster he was than everyone else. I don’t see that with Jackson.
-
Vick did it
Mike was THE best athlete on the field. A QB with a rocket arm, quick release and ran a 4.3 with WR acceleration.
... that's not Lamar.
-
Vick did it
He's no Michael Vick- not even close... There are no old running qbs in the NFL, and Jackson's pocket skills leave a lot to be desired....
-
I don't think we're anywhere near the point of worrying about a QB's performance 10 years down the road
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login


