Skip to content

Camp Tyrod + Lamar

The Browns Board
61 14 1.4k
  • And Woody's 2017 Peppers Apology Tour rambles on toward 2018 with no let up! 😆

    @dutch-oven said:

    And Woody's 2017 Peppers Apology Tour rambles on toward 2018 with no let up! 😆

    There's no apology tour needed.   He's still a decent kid with physical gifts but the mental makeup is everything.   The goods news is that there's an off season to improve.   

    Do I expect it? Sure.      To the extent that would warrant how high Peppers was drafted in relation to the impact he 'should' have on this defense....?  Not so much.  

  • @dutch-oven said:

    And Woody's 2017 Peppers Apology Tour rambles on toward 2018 with no let up! 😆

    There's no apology tour needed.   He's still a decent kid with physical gifts but the mental makeup is everything.   The goods news is that there's an off season to improve.   

    Do I expect it? Sure.      To the extent that would warrant how high Peppers was drafted in relation to the impact he 'should' have on this defense....?  Not so much.  

    @tiamat63 said:

    There's no apology tour needed.   He's still a decent kid with physical gifts but the mental makeup is everything.   The goods news is that there's an off season to improve.   

    Do I expect it? Sure.      To the extent that would warrant how high Peppers was drafted in relation to the impact he 'should' have on this defense....?  Not so much.  

    I'm just joking around... 😆

    Let's get him in the strong safety spot where he belongs, then we'll see.

    But I'll be honest, I wanted nothing to do with the Browns taking him that high, he just screamed: "Jack of All Trades, Master of None" to me. A guy whose athletic ability allows him to do many things in college, but doesn't have a specific skill set to allow him to thrive in the pros.

  • @tiamat63 said:

    There's no apology tour needed.   He's still a decent kid with physical gifts but the mental makeup is everything.   The goods news is that there's an off season to improve.   

    Do I expect it? Sure.      To the extent that would warrant how high Peppers was drafted in relation to the impact he 'should' have on this defense....?  Not so much.  

    I'm just joking around... 😆

    Let's get him in the strong safety spot where he belongs, then we'll see.

    But I'll be honest, I wanted nothing to do with the Browns taking him that high, he just screamed: "Jack of All Trades, Master of None" to me. A guy whose athletic ability allows him to do many things in college, but doesn't have a specific skill set to allow him to thrive in the pros.

    @dutch-oven said:

    I'm just joking around... 😆

    Let's get him in the strong safety spot where he belongs, then we'll see.

    But I'll be honest, I wanted nothing to do with the Browns taking him that high, he just screamed: "Jack of All Trades, Master of None" to me. A guy whose athletic ability allows him to do many things in college, but doesn't have a specific skill set to allow him to thrive in the pros.

    Well that wasn't on him in college. We moved him all around because he was our best player at 6 spots. He put the team first and hurt his draft stock. 

  • @dutch-oven said:

    And Woody's 2017 Peppers Apology Tour rambles on toward 2018 with no let up! 😆

    There's no apology tour needed.   He's still a decent kid with physical gifts but the mental makeup is everything.   The goods news is that there's an off season to improve.   

    Do I expect it? Sure.      To the extent that would warrant how high Peppers was drafted in relation to the impact he 'should' have on this defense....?  Not so much.  

    @tiamat63 said:

    There's no apology tour needed.   He's still a decent kid with physical gifts but the mental makeup is everything.   The goods news is that there's an off season to improve.   

    Do I expect it? Sure.      To the extent that would warrant how high Peppers was drafted in relation to the impact he 'should' have on this defense....?  Not so much.  

    What impact "should" someone have playing in a different zip code each play?

    And of course he'll get better. As much as the athleticism is what you saw on the field, the coaches at Michigan loved his football IQ.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I'm just joking around... 😆

    Let's get him in the strong safety spot where he belongs, then we'll see.

    But I'll be honest, I wanted nothing to do with the Browns taking him that high, he just screamed: "Jack of All Trades, Master of None" to me. A guy whose athletic ability allows him to do many things in college, but doesn't have a specific skill set to allow him to thrive in the pros.

    Well that wasn't on him in college. We moved him all around because he was our best player at 6 spots. He put the team first and hurt his draft stock. 

    @mld-woody said:

    Well that wasn't on him in college. We moved him all around because he was our best player at 6 spots. He put the team first and hurt his draft stock. 

    That's true, to a point. TTUN's coaching staff did him no favors pertaining to his future pro aspirations.

    That being said, defensively, he really wasn't that productive. He produced next to no turnovers, correct?

  • @mld-woody said:

    Well that wasn't on him in college. We moved him all around because he was our best player at 6 spots. He put the team first and hurt his draft stock. 

    That's true, to a point. TTUN's coaching staff did him no favors pertaining to his future pro aspirations.

    That being said, defensively, he really wasn't that productive. He produced next to no turnovers, correct?

    @dutch-oven said:

    That's true, to a point. TTUN's coaching staff did him no favors pertaining to his future pro aspirations.

    That being said, defensively, he really wasn't that productive. He produced next to no turnovers, correct?

    Correct, but we didn't really put him in a position to pick the ball off much. He was mainly setting the edge, blitzing, etc. In what we asked him to do, and how we wanted him to disrupt offensive gameplans, he was very effective

  • @dutch-oven said:

    That's true, to a point. TTUN's coaching staff did him no favors pertaining to his future pro aspirations.

    That being said, defensively, he really wasn't that productive. He produced next to no turnovers, correct?

    Correct, but we didn't really put him in a position to pick the ball off much. He was mainly setting the edge, blitzing, etc. In what we asked him to do, and how we wanted him to disrupt offensive gameplans, he was very effective

    @mld-woody said:

    Correct, but we didn't really put him in a position to pick the ball off much. He was mainly setting the edge, blitzing, etc. In what we asked him to do, and how we wanted him to disrupt offensive gameplans, he was very effective

    I guess the problem many people had with the Browns taking him in the first round was that he was a real "projection over production" type of guy.

    But let's not dismiss the fact that he played at TTUN. There's a definite portion of the Browns fanbase who is not down with that, ever. I just want quality players, regardless of where they played college ball.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Correct, but we didn't really put him in a position to pick the ball off much. He was mainly setting the edge, blitzing, etc. In what we asked him to do, and how we wanted him to disrupt offensive gameplans, he was very effective

    I guess the problem many people had with the Browns taking him in the first round was that he was a real "projection over production" type of guy.

    But let's not dismiss the fact that he played at TTUN. There's a definite portion of the Browns fanbase who is not down with that, ever. I just want quality players, regardless of where they played college ball.

    @dutch-oven said:

     There's a definite portion of the Browns fanbase who is not down with that, ever. 

    i never will understand that

  • IMG_3129.jpg.c2ca10c458fdbd89642761615a699f7d.jpgIMG_3128.jpg.3f1e4025b6433702449bba93f8636bdb.jpg

    IMG_3128.jpg

  • ...and I like Peppers, rooting for him. My son texted me these on Christmas Eve....2nd best present I got behind some Amish Country licorice lol.

  • The football scouting expert has spoken. So it shall be

    @mld-woody said:

    The football scouting expert has spoken. So it shall be

    Lamar will make a fine running back\ kick returner in the pros. His qb game translates zero to a pro offense, & running around it's a quick trip to IR. 

  • @mld-woody said:

    The football scouting expert has spoken. So it shall be

    Lamar will make a fine running back\ kick returner in the pros. His qb game translates zero to a pro offense, & running around it's a quick trip to IR. 

    @hoorta said:

    Lamar will make a fine running back\ kick returner in the pros. His qb game translates zero to a pro offense, & running around it's a quick trip to IR. 

    Vick did it

  • .....and I don't like Tyrod as our QB.

  • @hoorta said:

    Lamar will make a fine running back\ kick returner in the pros. His qb game translates zero to a pro offense, & running around it's a quick trip to IR. 

    Vick did it

    @mld-woody said:

    Vick did it

    If Jackson could potentially be Mike Vick, I would be on board. Had the guy not had a penchant for fighting dogs, he would have had a much bigger career.

  • Going back and watching highlights of Vick, I forgot how much faster he was than everyone else. I don’t see that with Jackson.

  • @hoorta said:

    Lamar will make a fine running back\ kick returner in the pros. His qb game translates zero to a pro offense, & running around it's a quick trip to IR. 

    Vick did it

    @mld-woody said:

    Vick did it

    Mike was THE best athlete on the field.   A QB with a rocket arm, quick release and ran a 4.3 with WR acceleration.

    ... that's not Lamar. 

  • @hoorta said:

    Lamar will make a fine running back\ kick returner in the pros. His qb game translates zero to a pro offense, & running around it's a quick trip to IR. 

    Vick did it

    @mld-woody said:

    Vick did it

    He's no Michael Vick- not even close... There are no old running qbs in the NFL, and Jackson's pocket skills leave a lot to be desired.... 

  • I don't think we're anywhere near the point of worrying about a QB's performance 10 years down the road

  • I don't think we're anywhere near the point of worrying about a QB's performance 10 years down the road

    @mld-woody said:

    I don't think we're anywhere near the point of worrying about a QB's performance 10 years down the road

    I'm worried about his performance in 2018-20 Woody- and I have around 4-6 quarterbacks I'd draft in April before I'd even consider taking Lamar. In fact- I don't even have him on my board- period. Let someone else take a chance on this guy- I'm not going to. I rate him lower than Josh Allen, and if you've been following my war of words with Cal- I don't like Allen at all. I don't give a crap about what the pundits and draft geeks say- I have Lamar as a 4th round talent. 

    If you want to start a Camp Jackson, be my guest. I'm not joining.

  • @mld-woody said:

    Vick did it

    He's no Michael Vick- not even close... There are no old running qbs in the NFL, and Jackson's pocket skills leave a lot to be desired.... 

    @hoorta said:

    He's no Michael Vick- not even close... There are no old running qbs in the NFL, and Jackson's pocket skills leave a lot to be desired.... 

    Jackson is a 1 read than run QB.  50% completion rate doesn’t work   we have one of those and it’s not working