Skip to content

Who's #1?

The Browns Board
138 30 5.8k
  • "10) Browns go 8-8 next year and 11-5 in 2019 and get to the Super Bowl! The day before Trump pushes his nuclear button rather than go through impeachment. It's Brownsian.😛"

    FIFY😁

  • yep. another outraged liberal can't leave his anger over losing the election to his corrupt liar higgardly over on the

    appropriate forum.

  • yep. another outraged liberal can't leave his anger over losing the election to his corrupt liar higgardly over on the

    appropriate forum.

    @calfoxwc said:

    yep. another outraged Trumpette can't leave his anger over his corrupt liar beating higgardly over on the

    appropriate forum.

    FIFY😆

  • @boo-fagley said:

    How in the hell is he that much of project when Allen is in the same conversation as Rosen and Darnold?

    Allen will be gone by #4. Some QB needy team will move up and get him.

    The only way that's happening is if Denver trades up with the Colts. MHO? Rosen and Darnold will go before (Mr. Project) Allen. I might barf again (as bad as I did when the Browns drafted Johnny Football & Kizer) if the Browns take Allen @ #1 overall. 

    Allen #15 or so to the Cardinals.

  • OK, you can dislike Rosen all you want- just be civil about it.  🙂   FWIW, I have mild concerns about Josh's reported attitude myself,

    ************************************************

        I'm good with that. but somebody hacked your account in another thread. They sounded like

    jblew and a few other flaming liberals still outraged that their corrupt liar lost the election, and keep wanting to bring

    politics over here. not good.

    @calfoxwc said:

    OK, you can dislike Rosen all you want- just be civil about it.  🙂   FWIW, I have mild concerns about Josh's reported attitude myself,

    ************************************************

        I'm good with that. but somebody hacked your account in another thread. They sounded like

    jblew and a few other flaming liberals still outraged that their corrupt liar lost the election, and keep wanting to bring

    politics over here. not good.

    Really? I knew going in when I voted for Gary Johnson that'd he'd probably lose, but this is the first that I'm hearing about him being a corrupt liar. 😎

    And, for the record, I barely brought politics into it, if at all. I was just extending an invitation to Dutch to come over to the Pol board to experience your...unique...mind firsthand. 

  • @boo-fagley said:

    I understand that youre the draft guru in these parts. Id be interested in hearing your thoughts on Allen at some point.

    What I mean about Wilson is that the Seattle offense is bottom tier in terms of points generated.

    Seattle 336

    Tampa 335

    SF 331

    GB 320

    AZ 295

    NYG 246

    Seattle has the 11th lowest points scored in the NFC and NYG and GB are in off years. Ive seen Wilson really struggle some games.

    Not around to Allen yet. I'm late on Mo Hurst, I'll have my write up on him Saturday morning before the AA bowl.  Still working on my Allen/Benkert comparison.  So Allen will take a while. 

    Nero said it best, points scored isn't a great yard stick with which to measure.    Wilson plays behind one of the, if not the worst Oline in the NFL coupled with zero running game and 1 decent receiving option. 

    When was the last time the NFL saw a QB pass for nearly 4k, rush for 6hundo and maintain a 3:1 TD/INT ratio?

    I too thought Wilson would crumble without Beast Mode and a legendary defense.  Turns out he's worthy of inclusion on the short list of elite QB's.

  • Number 1 is.........................................................Rosen to the Giants as we trade down and then select Saquan Barkley with the Giants pick. Fitzpatrick with the next pick and grab the QB who slides (likely either Allen or Baker) in the 2nd (or a trade up into bottom of the 1st)

    @jcam222 said:

    Number 1 is.........................................................Rosen to the Giants as we trade down and then select Saquan Barkley with the Giants pick. Fitzpatrick with the next pick and grab the QB who slides (likely either Allen or Baker) in the 2nd (or a trade up into bottom of the 1st)

    Some People think that the QB that would slide could be Rudolph. 

    Just a few notes:   ONLY in these years since the 1966 Common draft, have 4 or more QBs been drafted in the first round:

    2012  4 QBs

    2011....4

    2004....4

    2003....4

    1999....5

    1997....4

    1983....6

    Could this year possibly match 1983 for the most first round QBs taken?   If so, it would likely be Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield, Rudolph...and maybe Jackson?  Or could the 6th one be someone else?    Drew Lock or  Falk?

  • @calfoxwc said:

    OK, you can dislike Rosen all you want- just be civil about it.  🙂   FWIW, I have mild concerns about Josh's reported attitude myself,

    ************************************************

        I'm good with that. but somebody hacked your account in another thread. They sounded like

    jblew and a few other flaming liberals still outraged that their corrupt liar lost the election, and keep wanting to bring

    politics over here. not good.

    Really? I knew going in when I voted for Gary Johnson that'd he'd probably lose, but this is the first that I'm hearing about him being a corrupt liar. 😎

    And, for the record, I barely brought politics into it, if at all. I was just extending an invitation to Dutch to come over to the Pol board to experience your...unique...mind firsthand. 

    @jbluhm86 said:

    Really? I knew going in when I voted for Gary Johnson that'd he'd probably lose, but this is the first that I'm hearing about him being a corrupt liar. 😎

    And, for the record, I barely brought politics into it, if at all. I was just extending an invitation to Dutch to come over to the Pol board to experience your...unique...mind firsthand. 

    your nickname isn't jblew for nothing. you said you wanted to plaster pics of higgardly all over your ceiling. Ask Stinkhole or Diehard, they'll tell ya. You don't know anything about either subject, here or there. That is what gets you crap when you dish it out.

  • @boo-fagley said:

    No way Allen is picked that late.

    Probably not... just took a lil' literary license.

    @boo-fagley said:

    The combine is still to come. Dont put your mock draft in ink just yet.

    Combine has it's place, but that place is generally not reshuffling QBs.

  • @hoorta said:

    No it's Woofing Hard

    Ahh, I knew him from that stupid DawgTalkers (I was VetteDawg.......and I still have the vette).  

    Glad that the two kids are coming out this year.  We should pick one of them, and acquire a starting veteran to let the one we pick ripen on the vine for a year or two.

    @orion said:

    Ahh, I knew him from that stupid DawgTalkers (I was VetteDawg.......and I still have the vette).  

    Glad that the two kids are coming out this year.  We should pick one of them, and acquire a starting veteran to let the one we pick ripen on the vine for a year or two.

    no Sheet you were vette ? ha I'm still syd,wonder if shep is still butt hurt by the smacking around he allways got 

  • @jbluhm86 said:

    Really? I knew going in when I voted for Gary Johnson that'd he'd probably lose, but this is the first that I'm hearing about him being a corrupt liar. 😎

    And, for the record, I barely brought politics into it, if at all. I was just extending an invitation to Dutch to come over to the Pol board to experience your...unique...mind firsthand. 

    your nickname isn't jblew for nothing. you said you wanted to plaster pics of higgardly all over your ceiling. Ask Stinkhole or Diehard, they'll tell ya. You don't know anything about either subject, here or there. That is what gets you crap when you dish it out.

    @calfoxwc said:

    your nickname isn't jblew for nothing. you said you wanted to plaster pics of higgardly all over your ceiling. Ask Stinkhole or Diehard, they'll tell ya. You don't know anything about either subject, here or there. That is what gets you crap when you dish it out.

    Well... at least Dutch doens't have to visit the Political section now.

  • this just in:

      Jim Donovan, sports news channel 3, was talking about the two top qb's.

    said he'd run away from Rosie, and that he believes Darnold is the guy.

    If I was going to start a qb sooner, I'd pick Darnold, too.

  • Darnold no doubt best qb in the draft.  Plus I think he can take a few hits 

  • @calfoxwc said:

    your nickname isn't jblew for nothing. you said you wanted to plaster pics of higgardly all over your ceiling. Ask Stinkhole or Diehard, they'll tell ya. You don't know anything about either subject, here or there. That is what gets you crap when you dish it out.

    Well... at least Dutch doens't have to visit the Political section now.

    @tour2ma said:

    Well... at least Dutch doens't have to visit the Political section now.

    There isn't enough money in the world to get me to ever peruse that dark corner of this board.

  • Darnold no doubt best qb in the draft.  Plus I think he can take a few hits 

    @babernakle said:

    Darnold no doubt best qb in the draft.  Plus I think he can take a few hits 

    Why was Rosen noticeably better than Darnold when they played vs each other? So much so that Herbstreit emphatically mentioned this not only at the end of the game, but again a few days ago (during a pregame show for a bowl game).

    I like Darnold, I really do. His arm, his size, his sneaky athleticism, his character... there's a ton to like about him. He made some absolutely great throws during the OSU game. NFL throws.

    But man, he was really, really shaky for so much of this season. He's not at Rosen's level today. I really wish he would have gone back to USC for what would have been his (red-shirt) junior year.

  • @babernakle said:

    Darnold no doubt best qb in the draft.  Plus I think he can take a few hits 

    Why was Rosen noticeably better than Darnold when they played vs each other? So much so that Herbstreit emphatically mentioned this not only at the end of the game, but again a few days ago (during a pregame show for a bowl game).

    I like Darnold, I really do. His arm, his size, his sneaky athleticism, his character... there's a ton to like about him. He made some absolutely great throws during the OSU game. NFL throws.

    But man, he was really, really shaky for so much of this season. He's not at Rosen's level today. I really wish he would have gone back to USC for what would have been his (red-shirt) junior year.

    @dutch-oven said:

    Why was Rosen noticeably better than Darnold when they played vs each other? So much so that Herbstreit emphatically mentioned this not only at the end of the game, but again a few days ago (during a pregame show for a bowl game).

    I like Darnold, I really do. His arm, his size, his sneaky athleticism, his character... there's a ton to like about him. He made some absolutely great throws during the OSU game. NFL throws.

    But man, he was really, really shaky for so much of this season. He's not at Rosen's level today. I really wish he would have gone back to USC for what would have been his (red-shirt) junior year.

    But Darnold with a guy like Alex Smith or hell even McCarron would be just fine.    Let him sit most of the year while McCaron plays and then throw him out there at the end of the season and most likely start him in 2019.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Why was Rosen noticeably better than Darnold when they played vs each other? So much so that Herbstreit emphatically mentioned this not only at the end of the game, but again a few days ago (during a pregame show for a bowl game).

    I like Darnold, I really do. His arm, his size, his sneaky athleticism, his character... there's a ton to like about him. He made some absolutely great throws during the OSU game. NFL throws.

    But man, he was really, really shaky for so much of this season. He's not at Rosen's level today. I really wish he would have gone back to USC for what would have been his (red-shirt) junior year.

    But Darnold with a guy like Alex Smith or hell even McCarron would be just fine.    Let him sit most of the year while McCaron plays and then throw him out there at the end of the season and most likely start him in 2019.

    @mark-o said:

    But Darnold with a guy like Alex Smith or hell even McCarron would be just fine.    Let him sit most of the year while McCaron plays and then throw him out there at the end of the season and most likely start him in 2019.

    I wouldn't be upset by this at all.

    Darnold isn't on Rosen's level IMO today, but I think his upside could be similar, and he's more durable.

  • @mark-o said:

    But Darnold with a guy like Alex Smith or hell even McCarron would be just fine.    Let him sit most of the year while McCaron plays and then throw him out there at the end of the season and most likely start him in 2019.

    I wouldn't be upset by this at all.

    Darnold isn't on Rosen's level IMO today, but I think his upside could be similar, and he's more durable.

    @dutch-oven said:

    I wouldn't be upset by this at all.

    Darnold isn't on Rosen's level IMO today, but I think his upside could be similar, and he's more durable.

    I'm worried about Rosen.   I think sitting out a bowl game because of a concussion when you haven't played in a month is a very strange situation.  If it was just a case of making up an injury to keep from playing to save face.....using a concussion is a strange choice when you could just say he twisted his ankle or knee or whatever in practice.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    I wouldn't be upset by this at all.

    Darnold isn't on Rosen's level IMO today, but I think his upside could be similar, and he's more durable.

    I'm worried about Rosen.   I think sitting out a bowl game because of a concussion when you haven't played in a month is a very strange situation.  If it was just a case of making up an injury to keep from playing to save face.....using a concussion is a strange choice when you could just say he twisted his ankle or knee or whatever in practice.

    @mark-o said:

    I'm worried about Rosen.   I think sitting out a bowl game because of a concussion when you haven't played in a month is a very strange situation.  If it was just a case of making up an injury to keep from playing to save face.....using a concussion is a strange choice when you could just say he twisted his ankle or knee or whatever in practice.

    His injury history has been bothering me too.

    If I was guaranteed that the Browns would pull a Chiefs/Alex Smith/Pat Mahomes and sit Darnold for his first season I'd probably lean towards taking Darnold over Rosen. It would be a risk, but taking a QB #1 overall that has trouble staying on the field is a risk too.

  • I think it all hinges on what moves Dorsey makes before the draft.