Skip to content

Rosen

Locked The Browns Board
361 45 13.8k
  • Posted this on a different thread,  but it belongs here.  He's not injury prone.  Stuff happens.  It's football. 

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/gojoebruin.com/2018/03/01/nfl-combine-injury-excuses-ucla-josh-rosen-need-to-stop/amp/

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @sd_tom said:

    Posted this on a different thread,  but it belongs here.  He's not injury prone.  Stuff happens.  It's football. 

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/gojoebruin.com/2018/03/01/nfl-combine-injury-excuses-ucla-josh-rosen-need-to-stop/amp/

    And I posted in the same other thread- you just can't ignore concussions. 

  • @sd_tom said:

    Posted this on a different thread,  but it belongs here.  He's not injury prone.  Stuff happens.  It's football. 

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/gojoebruin.com/2018/03/01/nfl-combine-injury-excuses-ucla-josh-rosen-need-to-stop/amp/

    And I posted in the same other thread- you just can't ignore concussions. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    And I posted in the same other thread- you just can't ignore concussions. 

    I can...

  • @sd_tom said:

    Posted this on a different thread,  but it belongs here.  He's not injury prone.  Stuff happens.  It's football. 

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/gojoebruin.com/2018/03/01/nfl-combine-injury-excuses-ucla-josh-rosen-need-to-stop/amp/

    And I posted in the same other thread- you just can't ignore concussions. 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    And I posted in the same other thread- you just can't ignore concussions. 

    When it's one with a "concussion symptoms" secondary (cowpoop) in a 4 year span?  

    Yeah... not too worried.  

  • @hoorta said:

    And I posted in the same other thread- you just can't ignore concussions. 

    When it's one with a "concussion symptoms" secondary (cowpoop) in a 4 year span?  

    Yeah... not too worried.  

    S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by

    @tiamat63 said:

    When it's one with a "concussion symptoms" secondary (cowpoop) in a 4 year span?  

    Yeah... not too worried.  

    They (interim coach and medical staff) were looking out for him. Saved him from playing in a meaningless bowl game when they knew he was declaring for the NFL. 

    He's got enough film to see what he brings to the table.  

  • @tiamat63 said:

    When it's one with a "concussion symptoms" secondary (cowpoop) in a 4 year span?  

    Yeah... not too worried.  

    They (interim coach and medical staff) were looking out for him. Saved him from playing in a meaningless bowl game when they knew he was declaring for the NFL. 

    He's got enough film to see what he brings to the table.  

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @sd_tom said:

    They (interim coach and medical staff) were looking out for him. Saved him from playing in a meaningless bowl game when they knew he was declaring for the NFL. 

    He's got enough film to see what he brings to the table.  

    I'm pretty sure everyone in college football has had their bell rung at least once or twice in a world emphasizing the physics of bigger, faster, stronger.

    If he goes to a team like Aikman went to back in the day, there were a least 2 concussions against Buddy Ryan's Eagles alone as a rookie.  So, it CAN be a concern.  Keep in mind, there's a lot of bad teams needing the best QBs in this draft. And one of them (the NY Giants) had atrocious pass protection working in tandem with underwhelming run blocking fwiw.  

    As I said previously, as much as I really like the top QB prospects they all have something to be concerned about.  I won't have a tough time getting excited about Rosen, Darnold or Mayfield.  That said, I'd need to revert back to my fraternity rules of attraction and power down somewhere between 6 and 12 beers in order to find Josh Allen to be an attractive choice.   And Lamar Jackson might require some Maddog 20/20 or Moonshine... 

  • @sd_tom said:

    They (interim coach and medical staff) were looking out for him. Saved him from playing in a meaningless bowl game when they knew he was declaring for the NFL. 

    He's got enough film to see what he brings to the table.  

    I'm pretty sure everyone in college football has had their bell rung at least once or twice in a world emphasizing the physics of bigger, faster, stronger.

    If he goes to a team like Aikman went to back in the day, there were a least 2 concussions against Buddy Ryan's Eagles alone as a rookie.  So, it CAN be a concern.  Keep in mind, there's a lot of bad teams needing the best QBs in this draft. And one of them (the NY Giants) had atrocious pass protection working in tandem with underwhelming run blocking fwiw.  

    As I said previously, as much as I really like the top QB prospects they all have something to be concerned about.  I won't have a tough time getting excited about Rosen, Darnold or Mayfield.  That said, I'd need to revert back to my fraternity rules of attraction and power down somewhere between 6 and 12 beers in order to find Josh Allen to be an attractive choice.   And Lamar Jackson might require some Maddog 20/20 or Moonshine... 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    ... has had their bell rung at least once or twice in a world emphasizing the physics of bigger, faster, stronger.

    Put a different way... There are basically two types of football player entering the NFL, those that have been concussed and those that will be.

  • @flugel said:

    ... has had their bell rung at least once or twice in a world emphasizing the physics of bigger, faster, stronger.

    Put a different way... There are basically two types of football player entering the NFL, those that have been concussed and those that will be.

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Put a different way... There are basically two types of football player entering the NFL, those that have been concussed and those that will be.

    That too.  And they're not just QBs right Mr Kuechly?   

  • S SD_Tom wrote on last edited by SD_Tom

    Maybe he'll get hit less than the other rookies because he can process the plays faster and get rid of the ball faster. 

  • @flugel said:

    ... has had their bell rung at least once or twice in a world emphasizing the physics of bigger, faster, stronger.

    Put a different way... There are basically two types of football player entering the NFL, those that have been concussed and those that will be.

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Put a different way... There are basically two types of football player entering the NFL, those that have been concussed and those that will be.

    and you get a participation  trophy  for that one cause that was very enlightening

  • SuomiS Suomi wrote on last edited by Suomi

    Tyrod will start and play for a minimum of one year.  During that time the QB that the Browns draft at #1 will be holding a clipboard and learning.  Optimum scenario.

    I'm putting my full faith and trust in the Browns' new front office.  They can draft whatever QB they want at #1 - it'll be the right decision.  I could care less if it's Darnold, Rudolph, or David Pindell.  

  • Tyrod will start and play for a minimum of one year.  During that time the QB that the Browns draft at #1 will be holding a clipboard and learning.  Optimum scenario.

    I'm putting my full faith and trust in the Browns' new front office.  They can draft whatever QB they want at #1 - it'll be the right decision.  I could care less if it's Darnold, Rudolph, or David Pindell.  

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @suomi said:

    Tyrod will start and play for a minimum of one year.  During that time the QB that the Browns draft at #1 will be holding a clipboard and learning.  Optimum scenario.

    I'm putting my full faith and trust in the Browns' new front office.  They can draft whatever QB they want at #1.  It'll be the right decision.  I could care less if it's Darnold, Rudolph, or Rudolph.  

    you get one also just for saying Rudolph twice 

  • sydS syd

    @tour2ma said:

    Put a different way... There are basically two types of football player entering the NFL, those that have been concussed and those that will be.

    and you get a participation  trophy  for that one cause that was very enlightening

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @syd said:

    and you get a participation  trophy  for that one cause that was very enlightening

    Gee, thanks... I'll be watching the mail.

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
  • @sd_tom said:

    They (interim coach and medical staff) were looking out for him. Saved him from playing in a meaningless bowl game when they knew he was declaring for the NFL. 

    He's got enough film to see what he brings to the table.  

    I'm pretty sure everyone in college football has had their bell rung at least once or twice in a world emphasizing the physics of bigger, faster, stronger.

    If he goes to a team like Aikman went to back in the day, there were a least 2 concussions against Buddy Ryan's Eagles alone as a rookie.  So, it CAN be a concern.  Keep in mind, there's a lot of bad teams needing the best QBs in this draft. And one of them (the NY Giants) had atrocious pass protection working in tandem with underwhelming run blocking fwiw.  

    As I said previously, as much as I really like the top QB prospects they all have something to be concerned about.  I won't have a tough time getting excited about Rosen, Darnold or Mayfield.  That said, I'd need to revert back to my fraternity rules of attraction and power down somewhere between 6 and 12 beers in order to find Josh Allen to be an attractive choice.   And Lamar Jackson might require some Maddog 20/20 or Moonshine... 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    As I said previously, as much as I really like the top QB prospects they all have something to be concerned about.  I won't have a tough time getting excited about Rosen, Darnold or Mayfield.  That said, I'd need to revert back to my fraternity rules of attraction and power down somewhere between 6 and 12 beers in order to find Josh Allen to be an attractive choice.   And Lamar Jackson might require some Maddog 20/20 or Moonshine... 

    You need to raise your standards Tom. I recommend a bottle of Ag's favorite rum, Diplomatico Reserva. I have a bottle on hand in the liquor cabinet in the event of that unfortunate occurrence...   I might even start hammering it if I hear Allen's name called when it's our turn.  

    It's still a month away but (Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield) + Chubb may be cause to break out the champagne....  

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    hey that's the interview i was talking about where he looks like a dufus 

  • W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by
  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @westside-steve said:

    https://thebiglead.com/2018/03/27/jim-mora-josh-rosen-sam-darnold/

    Saw that.... what do you think Mora sees about NYG that makes him declare them the better fit?

  • @westside-steve said:

    https://thebiglead.com/2018/03/27/jim-mora-josh-rosen-sam-darnold/

    Saw that.... what do you think Mora sees about NYG that makes him declare them the better fit?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Saw that.... what do you think Mora sees about NYG that makes him declare them the better fit?

    The words:  New York.    

    Whatever character flaws that Cal assesses to Rosen....rightly or wrongly, I do think that the desire to be in the spotlight in a big market is a primary motivation for Rosen.....having been just there in his time in LA.   Being from the LA area.....he  wants to be like Eva Gabor...and he thinks that coming to Cleveland to play football is like going to Hooterville.

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    The "spotlight" will be determined by level of play, not location. (See: James, LeBron)

    I don't think Mora is looking at the best fit in any way other than from a coach's perspective. NYG, behind Manning, is a far better style "fit" then CLE, behind TT.