Skip to content

Rosen

Locked The Browns Board
361 45 13.8k
  • @gumby73 said:

    A Question on Rosen..Would the Browns medical staff or team diet guru's (of any team) try to bulk Rosen up like they did with Kessler to avoid concussions? Do ya think speeding up extra bulk, had anything to do with Kessler's mechcanics or failures catching up? Thanks..(wonder what Rosen's combine weight target number is? played at 218lbs. on 6'5" frame I think?)  

    I bet he shrinks to 6' 3 5/8"and 199 by combine time.

    @texasag1969 said:

    I bet he shrinks to 6' 3 5/8"and 199 by combine time.

    Mayfield will be 5'8 then... 😆

  • Why Josh Rosen is the obvious quarterback choice for the Browns at No. 1: Podcast

    Updated 8:59 AM; Posted 8:55 AM
    UCLA quarterback Josh Rosen is the right guy for the Browns at No. 1, NFL Draft analyst Joe Marino said of the latest Takes By the Lake podcast.
    UCLA quarterback Josh Rosen is the right guy for the Browns at No. 1, NFL Draft analyst Joe Marino said of the latest Takes By the Lake podcast.(Mark J. Terrill, Associated Press)

    CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Draft analyst Joe Marino, who works for NDT Scouting and writes for Fanragsports.com, put out this tweet recently.

    Josh Rosen is the most NFL-ready QB I've evaluated since Andrew Luck.

    This should not be a hard decision for the #Browns. #NFLDraft #UCLA

    -- Joe Marino (@TheJoeMarino) January 16, 2018

    So I called him. And I couldn't wait.

    Normally, we do one Takes By The Lake podcast every week, on a Friday, but I wanted to talk to Joe now. So this is a special Monday Takes By The Lake and we'll come back with another episode on Friday.

    It's the Senior Bowl this week, so there's going to be a ton of draft talk. Joe is there, and we discussed what he wants to see from Baker Mayfield and Josh Allen, the two biggest QB names at the game this week.

    But we focused on his evaluation of Rosen, the UCLA quarterback.

    As I attempt to remain open-minded about the quarterback the Browns should draft, I want to talk to people with strong opinions about the quarterback they love.

    Marino qualifies when it comes to Rosen. Follow Joe on Twitter at @TheJoeMarino.

    Make sure you're subscribed to our cleveland.com sports podcast feed at iTunes.

    ====> Podcast link is at bottom of article: http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/01/why_josh_rosen_in_the_obvious.html

  • Why Josh Rosen is the obvious quarterback choice for the Browns at No. 1: Podcast

    Updated 8:59 AM; Posted 8:55 AM
    UCLA quarterback Josh Rosen is the right guy for the Browns at No. 1, NFL Draft analyst Joe Marino said of the latest Takes By the Lake podcast.
    UCLA quarterback Josh Rosen is the right guy for the Browns at No. 1, NFL Draft analyst Joe Marino said of the latest Takes By the Lake podcast.(Mark J. Terrill, Associated Press)

    CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Draft analyst Joe Marino, who works for NDT Scouting and writes for Fanragsports.com, put out this tweet recently.

    Josh Rosen is the most NFL-ready QB I've evaluated since Andrew Luck.

    This should not be a hard decision for the #Browns. #NFLDraft #UCLA

    -- Joe Marino (@TheJoeMarino) January 16, 2018

    So I called him. And I couldn't wait.

    Normally, we do one Takes By The Lake podcast every week, on a Friday, but I wanted to talk to Joe now. So this is a special Monday Takes By The Lake and we'll come back with another episode on Friday.

    It's the Senior Bowl this week, so there's going to be a ton of draft talk. Joe is there, and we discussed what he wants to see from Baker Mayfield and Josh Allen, the two biggest QB names at the game this week.

    But we focused on his evaluation of Rosen, the UCLA quarterback.

    As I attempt to remain open-minded about the quarterback the Browns should draft, I want to talk to people with strong opinions about the quarterback they love.

    Marino qualifies when it comes to Rosen. Follow Joe on Twitter at @TheJoeMarino.

    Make sure you're subscribed to our cleveland.com sports podcast feed at iTunes.

    ====> Podcast link is at bottom of article: http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/01/why_josh_rosen_in_the_obvious.html

    @tour2ma said:

    Why Josh Rosen is the obvious quarterback choice for the Browns at No. 1: Podcast

    Updated 8:59 AM; Posted 8:55 AM
    UCLA quarterback Josh Rosen is the right guy for the Browns at No. 1, NFL Draft analyst Joe Marino said of the latest Takes By the Lake podcast.

    UCLA quarterback Josh Rosen is the right guy for the Browns at No. 1, NFL Draft analyst Joe Marino said of the latest Takes By the Lake podcast.(Mark J. Terrill, Associated Press)

    CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Draft analyst Joe Marino, who works for NDT Scouting and writes for Fanragsports.com, put out this tweet recently.

    Josh Rosen is the most NFL-ready QB I've evaluated since Andrew Luck.

    This should not be a hard decision for the #Browns. #NFLDraft #UCLA

    -- Joe Marino (@TheJoeMarino) January 16, 2018

    So I called him. And I couldn't wait.

    Normally, we do one Takes By The Lake podcast every week, on a Friday, but I wanted to talk to Joe now. So this is a special Monday Takes By The Lake and we'll come back with another episode on Friday.

    It's the Senior Bowl this week, so there's going to be a ton of draft talk. Joe is there, and we discussed what he wants to see from Baker Mayfield and Josh Allen, the two biggest QB names at the game this week.

    But we focused on his evaluation of Rosen, the UCLA quarterback.

    As I attempt to remain open-minded about the quarterback the Browns should draft, I want to talk to people with strong opinions about the quarterback they love.

    Marino qualifies when it comes to Rosen. Follow Joe on Twitter at @TheJoeMarino.

    Make sure you're subscribed to our cleveland.com sports podcast feed at iTunes.

    ====> Podcast link is at bottom of article: http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/01/why_josh_rosen_in_the_obvious.html

    I agree with you in that Rosen is probably by far the most "NFL Ready" QB coming out of college, and I wouldn't be afraid of drafting him at all if he medically checks out and he really does want to play for us.  I couldn't handle a controversy in which we draft a guy and he pulls an "Eli Manning"...I just couldn't.  So at this "way too early" junction, I'm still firmly in the group desperately wanting a veteran QB in 2018, and at the top are obviously Alex Smith and Kirk Cousins.  I'm really not sure what our chances of getting either of those guys are, but in my crazy mind, I feel like we have about a 25% chance to get one of them.  The tricky part about THAT is what do we do with the #1 pick?  If we somehow get Cousins (which I don't think is possible, regardless of recent stories), his age would probably let us pass on taking a QB high in the draft.  Alex Smith is a different story, and I'm not sure if we'd still take a QB at 1 or 4, if we'd trade back, or what the heck we'd do.  

    I don't foresee Rosen dropping his stock before the draft because I feel he's going to really shine at the combine (if he throws), and especially at his pro day.  Rosen throws a drop-dead gorgeous ball, and what I love is how effortless he makes throwing it appear.  He doesn't appear to put everything he has into the toss, yet the ball explodes out of his hand on a tight spiral.  I also like his ability to hang in the pocket and remain calm while delivering the rock.  

  • Image result for Alfred E. Neuman playing football pics

  • t doesn't matter what you posted. But I did read it.  You said you "cared" about who we get in here, over above and beyond that person's ability to be a successful QB of this team.  As if there is some personal reason for your choice:    My point:  there should be no " caring". The ONLY thing I care about is having a successful QB.   I ONLY care about his personal life, habits, attitudes if and when it affects his on field performance.  Sure...if a guy is going to go OJ or Rae Carruth or Michael Vick on us...I care to the point that his action fuyucks things up for this team, because he will be suspended or in jail etc.   I CARE about what JMZ did because he became a fuyuck up....and it hurt this team, because in theory he could be the franchise QB we need.  But I didn't prejudge him.....I only judged him after he fuyucked things up for us and the Browns.  

    **********************************************************************

         ah. so you want to keep making the same freaking mistake, and will only admit it failed AFTER he screws up for your team. That's pretty bogus. THAT is why you really know a whole LOT about your picks. So you ....can.........avoid.......jm's, and gordons. You can bet the Browns will pre-judge every player they draft. They can't afford to make the mistakes anymore. Have a nice Ryan Leaf day, and "God Bless Ya" !

       Sorry maybe it was you who "knew" Art was going to be a great nfl qb:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Schlichter

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Joe Marino rocks.

    https://www.youtube.com/user/JoeMarinoMusic16

    Is there a video by Otto Elway?

  • t doesn't matter what you posted. But I did read it.  You said you "cared" about who we get in here, over above and beyond that person's ability to be a successful QB of this team.  As if there is some personal reason for your choice:    My point:  there should be no " caring". The ONLY thing I care about is having a successful QB.   I ONLY care about his personal life, habits, attitudes if and when it affects his on field performance.  Sure...if a guy is going to go OJ or Rae Carruth or Michael Vick on us...I care to the point that his action fuyucks things up for this team, because he will be suspended or in jail etc.   I CARE about what JMZ did because he became a fuyuck up....and it hurt this team, because in theory he could be the franchise QB we need.  But I didn't prejudge him.....I only judged him after he fuyucked things up for us and the Browns.  

    **********************************************************************

         ah. so you want to keep making the same freaking mistake, and will only admit it failed AFTER he screws up for your team. That's pretty bogus. THAT is why you really know a whole LOT about your picks. So you ....can.........avoid.......jm's, and gordons. You can bet the Browns will pre-judge every player they draft. They can't afford to make the mistakes anymore. Have a nice Ryan Leaf day, and "God Bless Ya" !

       Sorry maybe it was you who "knew" Art was going to be a great nfl qb:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Schlichter

    @calfoxwc said:

    t doesn't matter what you posted. But I did read it.  You said you "cared" about who we get in here, over above and beyond that person's ability to be a successful QB of this team.  As if there is some personal reason for your choice:    My point:  there should be no " caring". The ONLY thing I care about is having a successful QB.   I ONLY care about his personal life, habits, attitudes if and when it affects his on field performance.  Sure...if a guy is going to go OJ or Rae Carruth or Michael Vick on us...I care to the point that his action fuyucks things up for this team, because he will be suspended or in jail etc.   I CARE about what JMZ did because he became a fuyuck up....and it hurt this team, because in theory he could be the franchise QB we need.  But I didn't prejudge him.....I only judged him after he fuyucked things up for us and the Browns.  

    **********************************************************************

         ah. so you want to keep making the same freaking mistake, and will only admit it failed AFTER he screws up for your team. That's pretty bogus. THAT is why you really know a whole LOT about your picks. So you ....can.........avoid.......jm's, and gordons. You can bet the Browns will pre-judge every player they draft. They can't afford to make the mistakes anymore. Have a nice Ryan Leaf day, and "God Bless Ya" !

       Sorry maybe it was you who "knew" Art was going to be a great nfl qb:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Schlichter

    Sorry, but there is something deep psychologically about your Rosen hatred..that I think has nothing to do with your view of his "character". 

  • @calfoxwc said:

    t doesn't matter what you posted. But I did read it.  You said you "cared" about who we get in here, over above and beyond that person's ability to be a successful QB of this team.  As if there is some personal reason for your choice:    My point:  there should be no " caring". The ONLY thing I care about is having a successful QB.   I ONLY care about his personal life, habits, attitudes if and when it affects his on field performance.  Sure...if a guy is going to go OJ or Rae Carruth or Michael Vick on us...I care to the point that his action fuyucks things up for this team, because he will be suspended or in jail etc.   I CARE about what JMZ did because he became a fuyuck up....and it hurt this team, because in theory he could be the franchise QB we need.  But I didn't prejudge him.....I only judged him after he fuyucked things up for us and the Browns.  

    **********************************************************************

         ah. so you want to keep making the same freaking mistake, and will only admit it failed AFTER he screws up for your team. That's pretty bogus. THAT is why you really know a whole LOT about your picks. So you ....can.........avoid.......jm's, and gordons. You can bet the Browns will pre-judge every player they draft. They can't afford to make the mistakes anymore. Have a nice Ryan Leaf day, and "God Bless Ya" !

       Sorry maybe it was you who "knew" Art was going to be a great nfl qb:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Schlichter

    Sorry, but there is something deep psychologically about your Rosen hatred..that I think has nothing to do with your view of his "character". 

    @the-gipper said:

    Sorry, but there is something deep psychologically about your Rosen hatred..that I think has nothing to do with your view of his "character". 

    It was the Trump insult. Not deep psychology.😛

  • nah. I just don't draft jerks and qb's with off the field problems. same goes for any position - but qb is the number one position where it matters. The guy you draft could easily be a Mayfield - he's just a kid, has done some stupid stuff - you can figure he loves the game, though, that he's a fighter right to the end of a game you can't win, would inspire his teammates, etc etc etc... On the field - I don't see where rosie loves the game. he loves himself - he's entitled to have a hot rub, he's a rich kid, so fook everybody else. I mean, he had to go to another college to get a girlfriend, and ADMITTED that he had a real problem with women on campus who "don't know him".  He does love himself. I think you just think he's pretty enough to be your boyfriend, just like Art Schichter. You need to learn from your mistakes.

    Truth is, I would draft Mayfield way before a whiny little arrogant beeatch qb with more physical talent.

    See, here's the thing - I am really brilliant in that I always try to do something stupid only once. OTH, you like to keep making the same stupid mistake repeatedly.

    Not my cup of tea, G.

  • @the-gipper said:

    Sorry, but there is something deep psychologically about your Rosen hatred..that I think has nothing to do with your view of his "character". 

    It was the Trump insult. Not deep psychology.😛

    @texasag1969 said:

    It was the Trump insult. Not deep psychology.😛

    bs. it's all lies. I bashed him repeated well before I read that on the board and looked it up.

    handle-the-truth.gif

  • @the-gipper said:

    Sorry, but there is something deep psychologically about your Rosen hatred..that I think has nothing to do with your view of his "character". 

    It was the Trump insult. Not deep psychology.😛

    @texasag1969 said:

    It was the Trump insult. Not deep psychology.😛

    The Trump insult...or the Trump methodology.

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Joe Marino rocks.

    https://www.youtube.com/user/JoeMarinoMusic16

    If a 3-yo vid by a different person of the same name is the best you can do, then your game is really off, Princess.

    Love your sticking with the hits tho... girlfriend, twisted "admissions"...

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Joe Marino rocks.

    https://www.youtube.com/user/JoeMarinoMusic16

    If a 3-yo vid by a different person of the same name is the best you can do, then your game is really off, Princess.

    Love your sticking with the hits tho... girlfriend, twisted "admissions"...

    @tour2ma said:

    If a 3-yo vid by a different person of the same name is the best you can do, then your game is really off, Princess.

    Love your sticking with the hits tho... girlfriend, twisted "admissions"...

    you miss the point, your lowness. I was mocking how important the guy was. I don't care. Why is it you rosie lovers

    say "that is only one opinion, whine moan bitch" but when it's only one opinion that AGREES with you, it's a very, very, very,

    very important. Have a nice day explaining that, cinderella.

  • I think it’s because not all opinions are created equal. One is a former college QB who actually watches film and has had success in projecting NFL QBs in the past, the other is an old guy not involved in the football industry in the least who clings to Internet rumors and what prospect’s girlfriends look like. 

  • I think it’s because not all opinions are created equal. One is a former college QB who actually watches film and has had success in projecting NFL QBs in the past, the other is an old guy not involved in the football industry in the least who clings to Internet rumors and what prospect’s girlfriends look like. 

    @roycerolls said:

    I think it’s because not all opinions are created equal. One is a former college QB who actually watches film and has had success in projecting NFL QBs in the past, the other is an old guy not involved in the football industry in the least who clings to Internet rumors and what prospect’s girlfriends look like. 

    I"m not that old. My Father-in-law is 95. I'm still in my prime.

    Your "former college qb" would have drafted Ryan Leaf and Art Schlister. have a nice day. There is a lot more to being a pro qb than game film. Look at how many college qbs don't make it in the NFL.

  • I didn’t mean old as an insult, and yes, there is more than game tape, but it doesn’t discount the importance of game tape.  

    You like to compare Allen to Wentz, but ignore the fact that Allen isn’t as successful or accurate as Wentz. Just because they were recruited and coached by the same guy doesn’t mean they’re the same prospect, just as an internet rumor doesn’t mean that Rosen is the same guy as Johnny Manziel or Ryan Leaf. 

  • Cal isn't old.  He's ancient.😁

  • nah. I just don't draft jerks and qb's with off the field problems. same goes for any position - but qb is the number one position where it matters. The guy you draft could easily be a Mayfield - he's just a kid, has done some stupid stuff - you can figure he loves the game, though, that he's a fighter right to the end of a game you can't win, would inspire his teammates, etc etc etc... On the field - I don't see where rosie loves the game. he loves himself - he's entitled to have a hot rub, he's a rich kid, so fook everybody else. I mean, he had to go to another college to get a girlfriend, and ADMITTED that he had a real problem with women on campus who "don't know him".  He does love himself. I think you just think he's pretty enough to be your boyfriend, just like Art Schichter. You need to learn from your mistakes.

    Truth is, I would draft Mayfield way before a whiny little arrogant beeatch qb with more physical talent.

    See, here's the thing - I am really brilliant in that I always try to do something stupid only once. OTH, you like to keep making the same stupid mistake repeatedly.

    Not my cup of tea, G.

    @calfoxwc said:

    nah. I just don't draft jerks and qb's with off the field problems. same goes for any position - but qb is the number one position where it matters. The guy you draft could easily be a Mayfield - he's just a kid, has done some stupid stuff - you can figure he loves the game, though, that he's a fighter right to the end of a game you can't win, would inspire his teammates, etc etc etc... On the field - I don't see where rosie loves the game. he loves himself - he's entitled to have a hot rub, he's a rich kid, so fook everybody else. I mean, he had to go to another college to get a girlfriend, and ADMITTED that he had a real problem with women on campus who "don't know him".  He does love himself. I think you just think he's pretty enough to be your boyfriend, just like Art Schichter. You need to learn from your mistakes.

    Truth is, I would draft Mayfield way before a whiny little arrogant beeatch qb with more physical talent.

    See, here's the thing - I am really brilliant in that I always try to do something stupid only once. OTH, you like to keep making the same stupid mistake repeatedly.

    Not my cup of tea, G.

    Regarding Rosen- that's all a bunch of Internet innuendo. The truth will come out in the interviews and psychological testing every recruit at the Combine gets grilled with. Personally, I'm more worried about his concussions and injury history. So his parents have money. He shouldn't use some of it? You want to talk entitled- Jordan Romero, (you've probably never heard of him) became the youngest person to ever do the Seven Summits (highest mountain on each continent) including Everest @ 13, and Mount Vinson in Antarctica @15.  Great accomplishment? Sure, if Mom & Dad have the $50K for Everest (just to set foot on the mountain costs 10 grand for a climbing permit) and $40K for Vinson. Probably at least $150K total. 

    That said, I'll (currently) take Mayfield over Rosen. BTW, your Dreamboat came in at the Senior Bowl a hair under 6'5", 238, and 10-1\8" hand. Mayfield got in late due to a family issue, and will get measured tonight. Will see if the Okies were exaggerating his height.  🙂  

    PS the little they showed of the interviews, Allen did OK, reiterated he'd "love to be the guy to turn the Browns around". Mason Rudolph was really impressive in his interview. Regretted he can't play in the game (foot sprain)- went to see Dr. Andrews, who recommended he give it a few weeks more rest.   

  • @calfoxwc said:

    nah. I just don't draft jerks and qb's with off the field problems. same goes for any position - but qb is the number one position where it matters. The guy you draft could easily be a Mayfield - he's just a kid, has done some stupid stuff - you can figure he loves the game, though, that he's a fighter right to the end of a game you can't win, would inspire his teammates, etc etc etc... On the field - I don't see where rosie loves the game. he loves himself - he's entitled to have a hot rub, he's a rich kid, so fook everybody else. I mean, he had to go to another college to get a girlfriend, and ADMITTED that he had a real problem with women on campus who "don't know him".  He does love himself. I think you just think he's pretty enough to be your boyfriend, just like Art Schichter. You need to learn from your mistakes.

    Truth is, I would draft Mayfield way before a whiny little arrogant beeatch qb with more physical talent.

    See, here's the thing - I am really brilliant in that I always try to do something stupid only once. OTH, you like to keep making the same stupid mistake repeatedly.

    Not my cup of tea, G.

    Regarding Rosen- that's all a bunch of Internet innuendo. The truth will come out in the interviews and psychological testing every recruit at the Combine gets grilled with. Personally, I'm more worried about his concussions and injury history. So his parents have money. He shouldn't use some of it? You want to talk entitled- Jordan Romero, (you've probably never heard of him) became the youngest person to ever do the Seven Summits (highest mountain on each continent) including Everest @ 13, and Mount Vinson in Antarctica @15.  Great accomplishment? Sure, if Mom & Dad have the $50K for Everest (just to set foot on the mountain costs 10 grand for a climbing permit) and $40K for Vinson. Probably at least $150K total. 

    That said, I'll (currently) take Mayfield over Rosen. BTW, your Dreamboat came in at the Senior Bowl a hair under 6'5", 238, and 10-1\8" hand. Mayfield got in late due to a family issue, and will get measured tonight. Will see if the Okies were exaggerating his height.  🙂  

    PS the little they showed of the interviews, Allen did OK, reiterated he'd "love to be the guy to turn the Browns around". Mason Rudolph was really impressive in his interview. Regretted he can't play in the game (foot sprain)- went to see Dr. Andrews, who recommended he give it a few weeks more rest.   

    @hoorta said:

    That said, I'll (currently) take Mayfield over Rosen. BTW, your Dreamboat came in at the Senior Bowl a hair under 6'5", 238, and 10-1\8" hand. Mayfield got in late due to a family issue, and will get measured tonight. Will see if the Okies were exaggerating his height.  🙂  

    My hand is 9 7/8ths...and I am 6'2"     so, that does not seem like a tremendously big hand for a guy 6'5

    PS the little they showed of the interviews, Allen did OK, reiterated he'd "love to be the guy to turn the Browns around". Mason Rudolph was really impressive in his interview. Regretted he can't play in the game (foot sprain)- went to see Dr. Andrews, who recommended he give it a few weeks more rest.   

    Rudolph is still in the mix.  (but not playing does not help at all)