Skip to content

Thoughts On Today's Parade

The Browns Board
198 40 6.7k
  • @wargograw said:

    Hey, my wife just had a miscarriage. Maybe to make myself feel better I'll go make fun of her for it! Wooh!

    This is the only thing of importance in this entire thread. I'm very sorry for both of your losses war. May God be with you.

    @texasag1969 said:

    This is the only thing of importance in this entire thread. I'm very sorry for both of your losses war. May God be with you.

    Yeah. War, is she OK? Take care man. 

  • Wouldn't know...pay not one second of attention to it.

    @the-gipper said:

    Wouldn't know...pay not one second of attention to it.

    Too bad. Looked like a real blast.

  • First, let me say that, personally, I think the whole thing is ridiculous and embarrassing for the city. This just gives the rest of the country more reasons to mock Browns fans and Cleveland. So..............what are your thoughts, and is anyone here planning on going?

    @brownsfan4evr said:

    First, let me say that, personally, I think the whole thing is ridiculous and embarrassing for the city. This just gives the rest of the country more reasons to mock Browns fans and Cleveland. So..............what are your thoughts, and is anyone here planning on going?

    Personally, I hope to see it become an annual tradition.

    A veritable anti-Dynasty if you will.

  • @wargograw said:

    What does us being consistently bad have to do with the legitimacy of this feaux "protest"?

    Considering the alternative of doing nothing...how’s that been working out for us?

    @canton-dawg said:

    Considering the alternative of doing nothing...how’s that been working out for us?

    So you actually think this parade is going to make the Browns a better football team?

  • @texasag1969 said:

    This is the only thing of importance in this entire thread. I'm very sorry for both of your losses war. May God be with you.

    Yeah. War, is she OK? Take care man. 

    @nero said:

    Yeah. War, is she OK? Take care man. 

    Sorry guys. I'm not even married. I should have said "if." Will edit.

    Honestly, I thought about pulling a Costanza and just accepting the condolences. LOL

  • @brownb499 said:

    Wow!!! 

    You might need to step back for a few days

    Nope, a football season and a miscarriage are a great analogy.

    Even for wargo, that's just... wow.

    @dutch-oven said:

    Nope, a football season and a miscarriage are a great analogy.

    Even for wargo, that's just... wow.

    You said "If you think Browns fans who went to the parade were celebrating going 0-16, and not obviously mocking the people responsible for it, well you are a special, special individual."

    So your idea of supporting the ones you love is to mock them when they fail. My analogy is exactly the same. Shocking, yes, but maybe it opened your eyes to how stupid the idea of mocking loved ones for their failures is.

  • @nero said:

    Yeah. War, is she OK? Take care man. 

    Sorry guys. I'm not even married. I should have said "if." Will edit.

    Honestly, I thought about pulling a Costanza and just accepting the condolences. LOL

    @wargograw said:

    Sorry guys. I'm not even married. I should have said "if." Will edit.

    You are a piece 'a work.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    Nope, a football season and a miscarriage are a great analogy.

    Even for wargo, that's just... wow.

    You said "If you think Browns fans who went to the parade were celebrating going 0-16, and not obviously mocking the people responsible for it, well you are a special, special individual."

    So your idea of supporting the ones you love is to mock them when they fail. My analogy is exactly the same. Shocking, yes, but maybe it opened your eyes to how stupid the idea of mocking loved ones for their failures is.

    @wargograw said:

    You said "If you think Browns fans who went to the parade were celebrating going 0-16, and not obviously mocking the people responsible for it, well you are a special, special individual."

    So your idea of supporting the ones you love is to mock them when they fail. My analogy is exactly the same. Shocking, yes, but maybe it opened your eyes to how stupid the idea of mocking loved ones for their failures is.

    Dude, keep digging that hole.

  • He has our back. He knows our hearts are in the right place.

    DS8L3dNW0AA_tm4.jpg.d32041ca1186cdc1696e932a2108c67b.jpg

  • Ogbah is going to be pissed.

  • Saw this earler on the Browns Reddit. Lebron speaking the truth.

    What bothered me more is what Kirksey tweeted, "Parade? Smh really? I’m still rocking with the city and will continue to work my butt off to bring what the city what it deserves, but a parade?....Just keep putting in work, I mean they crucified Jesus and he rose in 3 days and shocked the world.....Browns for life!"

  • The fans should boycott the Browns until they win two games in a row? 😆

    Yikes. When was the last time that happened? 2014?

  • He went on: " “I got a kick out of it,” James told The Athletic. “I can’t even sit here and say that I didn’t. You know how you see some Sheet and you’re like, ‘That’s not really happening, right?’ And it’s so bad that it’s laughable. So when I seen the video at Browns Stadium, I was more like, ‘I cannot believe this is actually happening.’ And it actually happened.”

  • Saw this earler on the Browns Reddit. Lebron speaking the truth.

    What bothered me more is what Kirksey tweeted, "Parade? Smh really? I’m still rocking with the city and will continue to work my butt off to bring what the city what it deserves, but a parade?....Just keep putting in work, I mean they crucified Jesus and he rose in 3 days and shocked the world.....Browns for life!"

    @stillmotion said:

    Saw this earler on the Browns Reddit. Lebron speaking the truth.

    What bothered me more is what Kirksey tweeted, "Parade? Smh really? I’m still rocking with the city and will continue to work my butt off to bring what the city what it deserves, but a parade?....Just keep putting in work, I mean they crucified Jesus and he rose in 3 days and shocked the world.....Browns for life!"

    Man, this parade has people just busting out some really, really awesome analogies!

    Going to a parade for the 0-16 season is not only like mocking someone's hypothetical wife after she miscarries, but it's just like crucifying Jesus and, um, wow. 😆

    Yeah, I think we officially need to move on from this subject. It's gotten silly.

  • First, let me say that, personally, I think the whole thing is ridiculous and embarrassing for the city. This just gives the rest of the country more reasons to mock Browns fans and Cleveland. So..............what are your thoughts, and is anyone here planning on going?

    @brownsfan4evr said:

    First, let me say that, personally, I think the whole thing is ridiculous and embarrassing for the city. This just gives the rest of the country more reasons to mock Browns fans and Cleveland. So..............what are your thoughts, and is anyone here planning on going?

    the whole fuking country has been mocking this pos forever anyway...where the fuk have you been...we even have jackass terry bradshaw calling them dumb on the nfl pregame show a few weeks back...every fuking sports show calls them morons...even 680 the fan down here in atlanta calls them fuking embarrasing and should be kicked out of the nfl...IT CANNOT GET ANY WORSE....

  • per some of the interviews - it seems that some of the fans showed up to say despite the no win season, they still wanted to come out to support their team and show they would never quit. Many others were just ridiculing the Browns for letting them down, etc etc etc.It was a disaster, in my book. The "parade" was a disgrace overall - the Browns have a lack of players to be competitive, not a desire to lose and disappoint the fans. Give the Browns a legit qb, wr's and a few db's....and the Browns are a very, very competitive, winning football team.

       The parade was a loser. Mocking the last season was the last thing fans should have been doing.

  • per some of the interviews - it seems that some of the fans showed up to say despite the no win season, they still wanted to come out to support their team and show they would never quit. Many others were just ridiculing the Browns for letting them down, etc etc etc.It was a disaster, in my book. The "parade" was a disgrace overall - the Browns have a lack of players to be competitive, not a desire to lose and disappoint the fans. Give the Browns a legit qb, wr's and a few db's....and the Browns are a very, very competitive, winning football team.

       The parade was a loser. Mocking the last season was the last thing fans should have been doing.

    @calfoxwc said:

    per some of the interviews - it seems that some of the fans showed up to say despite the no win season, they still wanted to come out to support their team and show they would never quit. Many others were just ridiculing the Browns for letting them down, etc etc etc.It was a disaster, in my book. The "parade" was a disgrace overall - the Browns have a lack of players to be competitive, not a desire to lose and disappoint the fans. Give the Browns a legit qb, wr's and a few db's....and the Browns are a very, very competitive, winning football team.

       The parade was a loser. Mocking the last season was the last thing fans should have been doing.

    Mocking the Browns 0-16 season was just like when the Nazis killed Anne Frank.

    Making idiotic analogies is fun!

  • Shelton made a good point. If this parade changes even 1 FA's mind about coming to Cleveland then these fans did themselves and the rest of us fans a major disservice. 

    We'll never know for sure, but this was an embarrassment that could make the FO's job even harder.  Regardless of the "intent" of the parade, you cannot change how others react to it. Players will see this and say "I don't want to go there and be embarrassed by those fans".

    A lesson to you all (from a behavior specialist), you cannot chose how others perceive your actions. Same as what happened with the anthem protest.  You CANNOT choose others' interpretations.  If kneeling is disrespectful in somebody's opinion, telling them your "intent" does not make the action less disrespectful in that person's view. If a player views the parade as an embarrassment, you cannot change their opinion by saying it was about "passion" and "sticking it to the FO."  Sorry, just not how the world works...

    Saying we should have a 0-16 parade is one thing, kind of funny; however, actually doing it was just stupid...

  • Shelton made a good point. If this parade changes even 1 FA's mind about coming to Cleveland then these fans did themselves and the rest of us fans a major disservice. 

    We'll never know for sure, but this was an embarrassment that could make the FO's job even harder.  Regardless of the "intent" of the parade, you cannot change how others react to it. Players will see this and say "I don't want to go there and be embarrassed by those fans".

    A lesson to you all (from a behavior specialist), you cannot chose how others perceive your actions. Same as what happened with the anthem protest.  You CANNOT choose others' interpretations.  If kneeling is disrespectful in somebody's opinion, telling them your "intent" does not make the action less disrespectful in that person's view. If a player views the parade as an embarrassment, you cannot change their opinion by saying it was about "passion" and "sticking it to the FO."  Sorry, just not how the world works...

    Saying we should have a 0-16 parade is one thing, kind of funny; however, actually doing it was just stupid...

    @thenew23 said:

    Shelton made a good point. If this parade changes even 1 FA's mind about coming to Cleveland then these fans did themselves and the rest of us fans a major disservice. 

    We'll never know for sure, but this was an embarrassment that could make the FO's job even harder.  Regardless of the "intent" of the parade, you cannot change how others react to it. Players will see this and say "I don't want to go there and be embarrassed by those fans".

    A lesson to you all (from a behavior specialist), you cannot chose how others perceive your actions. Same as what happened with the anthem protest.  You CANNOT choose others' interpretations.  If kneeling is disrespectful in somebody's opinion, telling them your "intent" does not make the action less disrespectful in that person's view. If a player views the parade as an embarrassment, you cannot change their opinion by saying it was about "passion" and "sticking it to the FO."  Sorry, just not how the world works...

    Saying we should have a 0-16 parade is one thing, kind of funny; however, actually doing it was just stupid...

    I'd say the odds of having another Parade next year approach  zero. Will just the parade affect our ability to sign free agents? That will be a minor factor, MHO. The 0-16 $hitshow will be 10X more important in guys minds about wanting to play here. Especially any top guys who not only want to get to the playoffs, but win a Super Bowl in their career.   I think LeBron got it right.

  • @nero said:

    Yeah. War, is she OK? Take care man. 

    Sorry guys. I'm not even married. I should have said "if." Will edit.

    Honestly, I thought about pulling a Costanza and just accepting the condolences. LOL

    @wargograw said:

    Sorry guys. I'm not even married. I should have said "if." Will edit.

    Honestly, I thought about pulling a Costanza and just accepting the condolences. LOL

    You should have said nothing whatsoever. That was incredibly insensitive. Don't "fix" it with an "if". That does nothing. Delete it.